2.6

3.5

kiy
kiysydney39 posts

Try asking a question

In early January, I sent in a question via secure mail about trouble managing my interest from my 31 Day notice saver. On 12 Jan I got a reply from Jade, a client service staff. Her reply gave me instructions which was quoted straight from the website on the whole process of navigating. I was having a problem and the website was not doing what it should have been. I indicated all this. There is just no personal help. I replied that she did not answer my question. On 29 January another reply from her gave me the same answer. They should read questions instead of adding more frustrations. Sadly, after 6 months, I will be closing my account with them. There are others offering better interest rates and service.
Stephan  T.
Stephan T.Perth, WA

Absolute waste of time

I wanted to open a savings account to take advantage of their high-interest rate offer. Their process is slow and painful. They want to know where my deposits will be coming from and how much they will be each month. It is just a savings account. It is far easier to work with any of the other banking institutions. Definitely not worth the hassle.
FarQueueStrata
FarQueueStrataWorld6 posts

Dinosaur
DinosaurSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts

Like a complex puzzle

Opened an account. No problems. Deposited $240000. Tried to check I’d received their good interest at the end of month. No could do. Their stupid digipass is like a complex puzzle. It didn’t work even with their helpful assistance. Tried end of next month. Same problem. Only hoped I was receiving interest. Tried again at end of next month. Same story except that a helpful assistant at their end worked through the problem and allowed me to access the account. I very swiftly swept all but 10 cents into another bank’s account. Bye, bye Rabo. It’s a pity; I was good to you, you weren’t good to me. ( can’t help noticing Rabo doesn’t respond to reviews… shame).
richard
richard31 posts

Needlessly complicated setup procedure

Gave up after following instructions to activate the account which I did correctly and it was locked out. Wasted more time with customer service. They were actually very good but in the end just went to another bank.
Laura
LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

roger.arnaud.12
roger.arnaud.12QueenslandAustralia18 posts

Excellent for online banking

Very happy with my High interest savings account at Rabo Direct. They always pay the interest at the end of the month and rates are good now than they have been for a long time. Transferring all my savings from Ubank where they only pay interest when you transfer in from an external bank or source. and you have to pay in a minimum of $200 a month. This does apply Rabo.
New customer
New customer2 posts

Safe and Easy

Opened a high interest savings account to park some money and was an easy process all verified online. Digipass is a bit old school and also means you have to have it with you to use the app on your phone but does also mean large sums of money are protected quite well giving peace of mind. No issues at all with them.
ADg
ADgPerth24 posts

arcadia10
arcadia10Perth, WA59 posts
jay j.
jay j.5 posts

Good to bad

Last year they wanted all these documents to be provided when I had been with them for 3 years I didnt provide frozen account to get my Moni and account to Be closed 10 working days that's a joke never again also they keep changing there app so U have to keep setting it up all the time I never banked with a bank that keeps changing apps so often and asking for documents all the time when it was provided at the opening of account never never again
Sally B.
Sally B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent bank

Very easy to contact and deal with. Haven't needed to contact customer service and everything is so easy via internet unlike other banks that I deal with. Internet banking is intuitive and secure. Highly recommended.
Max90
Max90brissy7 posts

Garry H.
Garry H.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Thank you - Rabobank's customer service ethos

By way of background, I am a long term client. I recently ran into an unanticipated difficulty which saw me contact customer support with little expectation of a result (particularly as I am currently 'trapped' overseas). However they were prompt, extremely understanding, and went "above and beyond" in helping me to resolve my problem. If only more companies had this service ethos!!
David H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW22 posts
David H.

Another 2 weeks after writing this review, the secure mail we sent via internet banking has still not been responded to

Pat
Pat

I need to operate my account but the site has been down for at least four days due to 'maintenance' issues. I get that you are changing to Rabobank but could do with more information on the process. No reply as yet to my email and I need to apply for a transfer of funds. No telephone response either. Will contact consumer affairs if the matter is not resolved within the next 24 hours or I at least receive a satisfactory answer.

frank
frank

Why am I having so much trouble getting into the site to log on? This is a recent issue. Tried a couple of other search engines, however prefer to use Crome. Frank

RaboDirect
RaboDirect   DM

Hi Frank, We’re sorry to hear you are having issues logging in. If you can give us a call at 1800 445 445 Monday to Friday 8am-7pm AEDT, one of our friendly Sydney representatives would be happy to assist.

The RaboDirect Team

AQUAR

I noticed that various people are dissapointed with RABO's response time to issues.

I wanted to become a customer so twice now I've used their online email asking a simple question. But the only response has been an automated reply promising to respond within 2 business days.

I am still waiting but my time to become a customer is quickly evaporating.

A pity realy!

RaboDirect
RaboDirect   DM
AQUAR

Lets see if there is any kind of improvement when I test the waters again.

Potential customers desire to get accurate and timely responses from RABO.

AQUAR

Well they did respond within 2 business days to a simple question.

I have asked a few more questions to clarify some confusion as to accounts that are created on first signup.

Hopefully they will again respond in 2 days.

CategorySavings Accounts
Bonus Interest Period4 months
Maximum Balance Interest Paid $250,000
Interest Rate
Standard Variable Rate 0.25% p.a.
Bonus Variable Rate 1.25% p.a.
Total Interest Rate 1.5% p.a.
Release date