RaboDirect High Interest

RaboDirect High Interest

Happy

I have had various Rabo online accounts for 8 years and am happy with The service.
Competitive rates and transfers work perfectly well. I transfer money in and out weekly. Digipass provides adequate security .

Very Happy

3 Accounts for 2 years and no problems. New website easy to use and every transaction has been smooth and easy. Digipass is clunky but great security.
Highly Recommend Rabo and it's high interest accounts

Don't do it! Cannot deliver on the most basic requests. Really difficult to use - no digital capacity.

I would not recommend Rabo. Phone wait times are 20 mins or longer. Staff do not follow through. Statement request to Julia on Tues was still not received by Friday. 3 phone calls in total as statement arrived with password protection however no password was provided. Each time you log in you have to use a little machine to generate a password to login. Wow, its like the banking system of the 1900's! Closing my account shortly...no amount of interest is worth such a backward service. There should be warning signs from companies recommending these guys.

AMATEUR HOUR

Their App wasnt working and so I called them on a Thursday and arranged a transfer of funds over the phone. ID confirmed and everything supposedly OK. No money transferred by Monday so I called them back and they hadn't actually transferred the funds but I was told by the person on the other end of the phone that "everything was within their quality of service standards", which are clearly very low!!!

Account closed!!!!!

Closed my account without permission

I was generally happy with Rabo as their interest rate are decent, though the digi pass is annoying and clunky to even log in. However, I recently asked them to close an unused account only to log in a week later and find they had closed the other account I had that I was still using and had certainly not requested be closed. I had automatic transfers to that account and am now without my money until it bounces back. And their customer service isn’t available on the weekend so I can’t even get talk to someone to sort it out. I’m moving all my funds to another institution.

Great Rates and Great Customer Service

Great Rates, overall there's always a good product in the market. Easy to use DigiPass system that keeps the banking secure. Customer Service is always reachable and very simple to deal with.

Good luck trying to transfer your own money out

This bank is freaking shocking. Trying to transfer my OWN money out is a nightmare. It is MY OWN MONEY.... yet they make all the hurdles possible to stop you.

As bad as the big banks.

It's my money, they make a profit out of it, but I can't transfer it the way I need.

It's MY money, not Rabo's. Customer service unhelpful.

Digipass is blast from the past. Get real.

Secure and good investment

I have had a Notice Saver account with RaboDirect since I was 17 (got my mum opened on my behalf) it’s been 6 years now and I honestly cannot complain. The interest rates stay competitive despite being decreased a few times over the years, and I actually find the Digipass really useful as a security measure. Even if someone managed to get my username and password they couldn’t log onto my account without the device so it is virtually impossible to be hacked which makes me feel very safe about entrusting the bank with my money. There was an attempt on my account at another bank awhile ago where someone tried to use it to make a payment and the bank was able to notify me so I didn’t lose money but I would prefer that not happening in the first place. I just keep the thing where I keep all my documents so I always know where it is. Plus with the mobile app you can just register with the pass once and then do all your transactions through the app afterwards so it’s not like you have to carry the device around with you constantly. I don’t think most people will have trouble with the pass with just a bit of planning.

Notice Saver Accounts the least accessible best product on the market

The rabo direct notice saver and associated high interest account make me both fuming mad and love a bank at the same time. I HONESTLY love the notice saver product. But the infuriating digipass requirement has made this account obsolete to me from a practical sense. I have no idea where it is and my primary reason for loving the account as it allows you to save for travel and then have an income while travelling by setting up regular withdrawels. Basically it is the most undermarketed perfect millennial account ever that has the most ancient unpractical access requirements possible without only offering branch banking. If it was accessible by an app that didnt require the pass (because I am now locked out as no pass and so can't set up app on new mobile - imagine if that happened while you were overseas or travelling) I would honestly give it 5 stars.

Always best rates for TD's

My wife and I have used Rabo TD's over a decade now. Always considerably ahead of the competition on rates. Dont mind the Digipass, just another layer of security. Can't understand the negative comments, suppose some people are impossible to please.

Awful service

Just encountered such awful service so I will be closing my account with Rabodirect. Very disappointing. If you value an effortless customer experience that is friendly, doesn't waste your time and fulfill requests when needed, you will not get this through Rabodirect. Other online banks do a much better job.

Good so far

I recently opened a HISA and I agree with others that the DigiPass thing can be a bit irritating, because its not just used for logging in, but also to change your details as well (other banks just have SMS security).
But... I agree with what someone else here has said - its a savings account that your money sits in and the interest rate will really help your savings to grow which is awesome!
Had a small hiccup with customer service when I first opened, but got it sorted out quickly with no further problems.

Very happy with this bank.

I can't understand the poor reviews on this bank. My experience with them was great. I needed to shop around for a place to park $$s and their High Interest Saver offered the best, short term interest returns. The little silver device they send you, via which you log in, is a bit clunky, but the upside is it gives an extra security screen - which I'm prepared to jump thru a few hoops for. Being an older investor I needed to ph customer server several times. They have a free 1800 number, it was always answered pretty fast and the Australian ph consultants we super helpful every time. I went on to open a Premium Sav account after the High Interest account had run its time. I've moved $$s in and out of both these accounts at fairly regular rate and no hiccups there. All good.

Phone non-service

They at least provide a 1800 number so you don't get charged. But trying to get an answer is another thing. The recorded message is repeated "ad nauseum" that they will be "answering shortly" but it never happens. And all I wanted to ask was "How do I close my account?". Perhaps that's why they would not answer.

A better way to Bank

I am very happy with Rabo’s HISA. Waiting for a digipass slows down access to online banking. But this is an account for money to sit in and not be moved around. So the waiting didn’t matter. The digipass is great for high security assurance. And a great introductory rate! I have found the application process, Digipass and App all very easy to use. And after the initial login there is no need for the digipass. It’s quite easy.

Excellent for saving options

No complaints at all. Rabodirect offer a creative range of savings options: high-interest savings, 31-day and 90-day call accounts, as well as various term deposit options. On the couple of times I have phoned or emailed for customer support I have Rabo support staff to be remarkably clear, direct, and responsive. The Digipass dongle is straightforward to use and provides high level of security. From negative responses, it seems that not everybody appreciates the critical importance of bank security. To these casual folks, I would say that it that they are fortunate to have a bank that is responsibly looking after their money.

Pathetic

I do not recommend opening up an account with rabo direct. It is absolutely pathetic when it comes to transferring money out into another bank account.
Another thing, need a digipass to log on to online banking. This is very old school.
The only thing great about this bank is the high interest. But it's only a couple of dollars a month difference if you have an ING savings account.
Do not open an account.

Scammy

I used to like Rabo
Their online banking was pretty straight forward and not too many excessive fees and charges until today
Today I tried to cancel a term deposit early
I have done this once before with westpac and there was no issue they did it straight away and released my money. The only cost associated was the loss of interest for me. Well this is not the case for rabo.
First they want to charge me a $25 admin fee. Ridiculously high. Secondary they want to hold my money for 30 days. Talk about scammy!
And Rabo, before you bother responding with some pathetic reply “it’s in our terms and conditions......blah blah” I don’t care. Other banks don’t do it. Why do you? Scam!

Highest Interest around

RaboDirect bank account is the highest interest rate around. So far I have had it for a month and its been working great. Not a problem. The only thing I can say negative is that it is a little slow to transfer money from your main bank account to RaboDirect. Apart from that its very good and easy to use. I Love the Mobile phone APP. Highly recommend it.

I need to operate my account but the site has been down for at least four days due to 'maintenance' issues. I get that you are changing to Rabobank but could do with more information on the process. No reply as yet to my email and I need to apply for a transfer of funds. No telephone response either. Will contact consumer affairs if the matter is not resolved within the next 24 hours or I at least receive a satisfactory answer.

Why am I having so much trouble getting into the site to log on? This is a recent issue. Tried a couple of other search engines, however prefer to use Crome. Frank
Hi Frank, We’re sorry to hear you are having issues logging in. If you can give us a call at 1800 445 445 Monday to Friday 8am-7pm AEDT, one of our friendly Sydney representatives would be happy to assist. Thanks The RaboDirect Team

I noticed that various people are dissapointed with RABO's response time to issues. I wanted to become a customer so twice now I've used their online email asking a simple question. But the only response has been an automated reply promising to respond within 2 business days. I am still waiting but my time to become a customer is quickly evaporating. A pity realy!
Apologies on the trouble you’ve had in getting a response from us. We’re receiving higher than usual email and call volumes. To improve customers experience we’ve made a few changes: • We’re reviewing our auto-response to reflect a realistic response time. It can take a little longer than 2 days to get back to you with our current volumes. • We now have dedicated people on our emails to get us responding to you quicker. • We’ve implemented an option when you call us to request a call back. We get you have things to do so we’ll call you back :). We’d love to talk to you, so give us a call on 1800 445 445, 8:00am to 7:00pm, Monday to Friday.”Lets see if there is any kind of improvement when I test the waters again. Potential customers desire to get accurate and timely responses from RABO.Well they did respond within 2 business days to a simple question. I have asked a few more questions to clarify some confusion as to accounts that are created on first signup. Hopefully they will again respond in 2 days.

High Interest