Randy & Travis Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer

Randy & Travis Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer

See the Best Electric Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Randy & Travis Machinery? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4
    Two Tone
    Two ToneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheating thieves!

Crap product. Battery does not charge for more than 60 seconds!

Purchased in July 2015 at Bunnings for $90.00.

don radfordSydney, NSW

Another Waste Of Money

A Terrible Product!

Purchased cordless leaf blower and followed initial and consequent recharging instructions. Now at the stage (after 3 months) when using blower of battery only lasting 2-3 minutes on a "low blow!" Cannot source replacement battery and now realize that this product is of an appallingly low standard and whoever markets it and knows of its' performance reviews is exploiting consumers!

Electric Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Randy & Travis Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer compares to other Electric Hedge Trimmers

Cheap Import

I bought this blower because I thought it was a reasonable price but of course, it wasn't the batteries are useless and very hard to replace not worth replacing, throw the thing away. I have learnt my lesson I won't buy any item on the Internet and especially Chinese made items don't waste your time and money.

RudyCardinia

Cordless blowerandsmall electric pole chain saw lithium batteries

After less than 9 months light use both batteries failed. Don't hold charge and only run for a few minutes after charging. I think this is very poor and so far have been unable to source a replacement
    Goods should work longer than that and be warranted for at least 12 months I believe Difficult to find out what warranty is attributed to the machines buying on line as well

Update:
    Bought 2 machines with 18 v. batteries and both performed well while batteries worked, but they both failed in pretty short time with little use even though always keep recharged after use.
    Machine works well when it has a charged battery
    Battery's should last longer than 9 months and should be replaced free of charge if they fail in my opinion

BEWARE Shoddy battery!!

The battery supplied cannot be recharged on the recharger supplied! Seems like a commonly reported fault that should be rectified by the Company. I have already purchased a replacement hedge trimmer, and would certainly not recommend this brand of hedge trimmer to anyone wanting a reliable, long-lasting piece of equipment.
    lightweight
    Battery, battery and battery!

The Product is Great

We are very happy with the product except for the fact we are unable to purchase a replacement battery.We have a big yard and one battery is not enough to finish the jobs we require ,would be happy if you could let us know were to purchase one i have tried
    Reliable
    No Replacement Battery Available

Lynetteasked

Hi I have had my hedge trimmer for approximately 2 years and used about 5 times it had been unused for around 9 months now the battery won't charge can you please let me know what can I do? my email is. lynonr2000@yahoo.com.au if possible can you reply to me?

Hello Lynette
    I didn't have the hedge trimmer but I am sure all these Randy and Travers tools are equally useless. Dressed up with an English sounding name, they are substandard and a waste of money as I sadly found through purchasing two of them. The problem with the battery is that, especially if it is lithium ion type, unless you have a really good and therefore expensive battery, it will have only a short lifetime. Even if you can buy a replacement it will do no better. My lithium ion battery that came with the pole saw lasted 12 months, like yours. There was no web site for this company and the online firm I bought my tools from do not know how to contact them they say.
    The short answer is, throw the tool out and dispose of the battery appropriately,
    Don

Hi Don
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my concern all I can say what a waste of money
    Cheers Lyn

honey801
    honey801asked

Hi, got a Randy and Travis cordless line trimmer, does a good job for me, but cannot work out how to remove the
    'head' to extend the trimming line. Help please!!

Hello honey 801
    sorry I cannot help on that one as I only had the chain saw and the pole saw, both of which have been junked.
    You won't find any Randy and Travers web site where you can ask for information or try to get spares or new batteries, or at least I could not find one. I tried the online place where I bought the saws and their reply was that they have no idea as to how to contact the manufacturers, a very strange set up indeed. Having been burnt twice, I no longer buy any Chinese tools using batteries as the fact is that the Li ion batteries must be of good quality to last and such quality is not cheap. The pole saw I bought seemed to work very well for the small amount of use I got out of it before the battery died. Once that happens, you may as well throw the tool away.

Mals
    Malsasked

Can I purchase just the Battery charging unit?

Rudy

To he best of my knowledge and endeavours at the time I was unable to source a replacement battery,(and I tried very extensively) which was very disappointing. This was over 2 years ago, and I have no knowledge of the current situation, so make sure you check before you buy.
    Regards Rudy