shocking business practice

My Son & Daughter-in law purchased an experience for my husband & I. It states clearly on the voucher the "TAKE BEFORE" date. When I went online to book the experience, I was told I needed to pay extra.
after huge wait , I was politely told their policies had changed but the value of the voucher was the same & I could exchange for a different experience.
Well if that's the case, why did my family waste time with RedBalloon. they could have simply given me cash.
Absolutely disgusted with their business practice and would definitely NOT recommend wasting your time with RedBalloon.
The voucher was presented in a beautiful red presentation folder - the idea itself looked amazing. Shame the rest is so bad.

Nervous and not hopeful

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Bought a voucher for an event that does not exist - I had to chase it up as they ignored all request for assistance.

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't see gift vouchers as cash

Was given a 100 dollar voucher as a gift Red balloon was running a discount code at my time of booking so i thought i could save some more money and when booked online i got a message I cannot apply a discount code and use a voucher at the same time. I see vouchers as cash they do not it appears

GraemeC

GraemeCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tried to find out details of a voucher, been disconnected from live chat 3 times

Went onto live chat 3 times and been disconnected.
Tuesday I didn't allow enough time, so
Wednesday I tried earlier. Started at #9, then stayed at #6 for a long time.
Thursday I tried from 16:10, started at 14th, got to 1st by 17:10, then disconnect at 17:30.

I don't think they have many people picking up, and no one will pick up after 17:15..

Crap service, they have you email address in the chat.

MelN

MelN

Unable to redeem a gift voucher and a promo code

I have a $100 red balloon gift voucher to put towards an experience that is over $350. Why can I not also use a $25 promo code as well as the gift voucher? Weird?

Cranky lady

Cranky lady

Don't waste your time. Save yourself the stress.

Is no starts a rating option??
So with redballoon you have your voucher. You hit "book" on your experience and have a confirmation, however, nothing is actually confirmed until the "experience business" accepts your booking.
Trying to organise my honeymoon and instead of being happy and excited I've been in tears the last two nights out of pure disappointment and frustration with redballoon.

Tried calling to receive a refund and I was told this is not possible. This is my honeymoon, I shouldn't be in tears trying to plan it with this God awful provider.

David Newton

David NewtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother.

Worst experience ever. Who would look to Naomi Simpson on shark tank for mentoring is beyond me. Still waiting to use my Christmas present voucher and it's October! Book direct and save yourself the grief.

disgustedtweed heads

Vouchers cannot be used

Received a gift voucher for a harbour bridge climb & red ballon said they no longer do the climb. They would not provide a refund even after accepting payment for a service they dont provide.

BnS

BnSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Missing item

It took over 4 weeks and me following them up to receive a reply. Then they offered me a $10 voucher for the missing item. Issue is it will now cost me more money to spend the voucher to get the item missing. The voucher covered the cost of the item but when you add delivery I’m out of pocket.
Redballoon then passed me onto the supplier.
Flick... Redballoon has their money not their issue. They don’t care anymore.
If you use a company, sell an item you should fix the issue. Being the middleman If it’s wrong Redballoon should fix it.
I won’t use Redballoon again just because of the poor customer service.

Disgruntled

DisgruntledNorthern Region, NSW

Very Disappointed my Dad had to miss out

Very disappointed with the misleading information and lack of validation when I recently tried to send my Dad a fathers Day gift. Took my money before telling me the product was not available and then it was too late to send something else. Care factor was 0. I sent a poor review to their site and it's nowhere to be seen beware.

Redballon customer service

Kkw

KkwGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Redballoon Customer Service.

Have been trying to cancel and get a refund for an event we booked for over a month.
A fire at the event originally made it impossible to attend. The event provider notified us and asked us to contact Redballoon.
We cancelled at that time and notified Them by email, receiving an email with a case number.
Have heard nothing back.
Contacted them numerous times, by email, social media and live chat, only to be told they are looking into it.
We are due to go on Sunday, they Have had over a month to sort it out .
We can’t even go now, and still they cannot confirm anything.
Terrible.

Dan

DanSydney, NSW

Paid and couldn’t use voucher

Paid for a reef tour and then couldn’t book my tour. Had to pay a second round at the reception desk as my email never showed up. We were only then able to book a 2 hour reef trip instead of a full day. Extremely disappointed.

Vivien L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No confidence getting refund after reading bad reviews

Vivien L.

Got a phone call today from Red Balloon issue resolved.

Mark

Mark

Worst service ever they will never return emails and y can’t call then they take ya money and u can’t book your event

Trying to book a pre paid event can’t call then they don’t reply ti my emails they have my money and don’t want to know u
So frustrating when most of these purchase are presents

Stella

StellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Goodwill prevails

$250 gift voucher for my 50th birthday. Confusion regarding expiry dates, but as a goodwill gesture Red Balloon will honour another 12 months. I can't ask for more than that! Satisfied with outcome.

RedBalloon Customer CareRedBalloon

Scammed..took money when experience not even open..now no refund?????

Brought 4 tickets to Ripleys Believe it or Not, actually planned the whole family holiday around going. I redeemed my tickets on line with Red Balloon only to find out when i arrived at Ripleys with the family it is closed and has been since March 2020 until further notice. So why did Red Balloom sell me tickets on 30 June 2020 and booked me in knowing they are closed. Why when Red Balloon is closed are they taking money they wont refund or even return emails as you cant talk to anyone...
Of course ruined the holiday and still out of pocket???

SASHA
SASHA

How do i contact you. I have email redballoon with no response

dont likeSydney, NSW

contact fail

We want to exchange a voucher ,phoned and left message .emailed and still no contact in 6 days.If you want to buy i bet they dont make you wait for 6 days plus.

dont like

dont hold your breath it's worse than the virus

dont like

Carly.please reply to my email.

DougSouth East Queensland, QLD

Selling products that cannot be used during COVID19

Red baloon is selling products that cannot be used in COVID19 as the venues are closed. No notice on the website that you are buying something that cannot be used and when you try get your money back, they refuse. Poor service and response on complaints (a week in-between)

Doug

I cannot send a private message as I am not a premium ProductReview member. Please look in your system as I have send a number of items.

Cameron C

Cameron Casked

I have moved to NZ but still have a voucher with IFLY Melbourne. I tried to take the experience several times but they hadn't finished building it at the time and then Covid19 hit so it was closed. Can I get a refund on the experience I haven't been able to take and also get my remaining credit either refunded or transferred to the NZ site?

Hi Cameron,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see you have sent us a private message on product review so my colleague Kasey has replied to you with the details you require. Please reply to Kasey and she can assist you further.
Kind regards,

sjhanlonasked

hi am trying to get a refund due to the convid 19 restrictions , have booking for the lady cutler showboat in melbourne for the 5th april 2020 but unable to find any where to cancell , can i please be pointed to the right area .
kind regards .
jane

Scott C.
Scott C.

Redballoon aren't really caring about anything from here on in with the covid19 pandemic.

sjhanlon

ill take it up with my fed mp in a week if it continues like this, as companies may be asking for a govt hand out as in tax breaks , free loans etc when they are keeping peoples monies paid and not refunding their monies, not happy with this

Hi Jane,
Please contact us directly on our contact us page with your voucher code so we can look into your booking that you have. You can find that page here: https://help.redballoon.com.au/s/contactsupport

Kind regards,

Steve

Steveasked

Is it usual for a red balloon experience to be twice the actual price of something if I was to book it my self I spent nearly $500 on hotel and spa voucher only to find out would only cost about $250 if I had just booked it myself feeling a bit ripped off and disappointed

Hi Steve,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Firstly I am sorry to hear that Steve, that is not the case when booking with RedBalloon. RedBalloon offers the same price as our experience providers so I would like to investigate this situation further for you. Would you please send us a private message with your voucher details so we can review the details for you Steve? I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Thanks,
Carly

Get an answer from our members and RedBalloon representatives