Don't waste money

Don't waste your money on these vouchers. Give cash or buy through restaurants or experiences direct. It's always the same dining and or experiences in hot air ballooning, mudgee or Hunter...boring

Fern
FernSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy process, amazing experience!

I booked through Red Balloon to go hot air ballooning. It was such an easy process, payment was simple and the instructions were clear and easy to understand. I had such an amazing experience, great customer service and I’ve made memories for life. Will definitely be booking through Red Balloon again!

Elise V.RedBalloon

Hi Fern, thanks for your feedback! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your hot air balloon flight - one to ticket off the bucket list. I look forward to hearing about your next RedBalloon experience.
Thanks, Elise

Plant L.
Plant L.South East Queensland, QLD

Shocking Service!

I found a cheaper product online and this is the customer service online. Where’s your matching policy. Instead a chat is just ended! Well now I know why not to use Red Balloon. Wow shame on you Red-balloon.

Find out how RedBalloon compares to other Services

Buy Tickets Direct & save a fortune.

I Hate Rip Off's
I Hate Rip Off's

Horrible experience - almost in tears

Hi Lana,
I am very sorry to hear this!
Can you please private message us your voucher details and I can look into this for you.

Voucher restaurant not valid emails not answered

We got a voucher as a gift . The restuarant is permanently closed so we can't use it. The code to replace it with another voucher does not work. No replies from red balloon for a year

Hi Yue,
We are sorry to hear you have been unable to use the voucher you have received for RedBalloon.
Can you please private message us your voucher details and we can take a look for you.

yue w.
yue w.

I private messages you guys !

Alicew
AlicewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service from Red balloon....

I do not think I can describe in words... the overwhelming feeling I experienced on contacting the red balloon staff this morning, re a voucher I had received from family which I could not use in time...
The caring nature of the lady I spoke to..who had all the time to hear me out... Michelle... and the company for being so kind.. if that describes the kindness shown to us...it meant so much! Especially in this climate with so much happening in our world to think we ‘mattered’... cannot describe our gratitude in words.
Thankyou Michelle very dearly... and thankyou Red Balloon for being so kind.

Elise V.RedBalloon

Hi Alice, thanks for your feedback. I am glad Michelle was able to help on this occasion, she is wonderful. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto Michelle. Can you please send us a private message with your voucher number.
Thanks, Elise

Patric S.
Patric S.Sydney, NSW

Dont be fooled

They stopped Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb with no notice

I bought my boyfriend a bridge climb voucher for Xmas in 2018 under the understanding he had the 5 year's to use it. I have one email saying he had 18 months to use the experience and another that says 12 months. Now, they've stopped providing the experience and gave no notice, not even in their promotional emails. I feel very taken advantage of. We couldn't do it because of COVID last year and now we have to find something else??? Ridiculous

Hi KEM,
Sorry to hear you were not able to use your RedBalloon voucher. I can see you have been in touch with us regarding this. Please let us know if we can assist any further.

Richele
Richele Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Price guarantee

I received a voucher from a friend and wasn't able use this during COVID and recently tried to book this. They're now trying to charge me $10 as this falls outside of the price guarantee period, even though my voucher is for 3 years. This is an absolute joke! I received this gift and even though it's just $10, it's the principle of this. You've charged my friend for an experience as a gift for me, with a certain timeframe, but then increase the cost to the receiver. Not thinking about the customer and their experience! I won't be using them for any gifts now knowing this.

Leon
LeonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too hard to use

A.B
A.BPerth, WA

Bad experience

Jill
JillIllawarra, NSW

I would recommend Redballoon to anyone

Redballoon you never let me down Every time I book something through you I know it's going to be a fantastic experience We will certainly recommend Redballoon to all our friends

RedBalloon K.RedBalloon

Thank you, Jill! Glad to hear you have been on some great experiences with RedBalloon. Hope you get to go on many more!

wizard55South East Queensland, QLD

Book direct

I can't stress enough how important it is to book direct instead of booking through redballoon. It is extremely difficult to book in the specific date you want through red balloon as it involves emailing back and forth with the provider. If there is no availability, then you won't be able to transfer your voucher as it will already be 'redeemed'. Also not possible to get a refund after 14 days and this is shorter than the time needed to email back and forth with the vendor. Awful experience that could cost you $1000s. Avoid using red balloon at all costs!

wizard55

I would only write a review like this after I had already spent hours on the phone with redballoon trying to use or refund my purchase. It's not possible, I've lost my $800, all I can do is to warn others about it

Jacinta
JacintaNew South Wales

Still waiting on a refund from 5 months ago

Royasked

Hi,
Due to COVID-19, we have not booked our overnight stay or sunset cruise that was gifted to us Christmas 2019. In the fine print it says we must book and taken it within 12 months of 24/12/2019.
Can you please explain if this is still the case due to Covid-19 ? The voucher expires 24-12-2022.

Hi Roy,
If you can please advise us in a private message of your voucher code, I can check on the expiry of your voucher for you.
Thank you!
Kasey

Hi Kasey,
I have already received an email from Redballoon on 30/12/20. I suggest you have a look at the case number. Not only does Redballoon have poor product reviews, they also don’t follow up on their emails.

Cameron C
Cameron Casked

I have moved to NZ but still have a voucher with IFLY Melbourne. I tried to take the experience several times but they hadn't finished building it at the time and then Covid19 hit so it was closed. Can I get a refund on the experience I haven't been able to take and also get my remaining credit either refunded or transferred to the NZ site?

RedBalloon Customer CareRedBalloon

Hi Cameron,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see you have sent us a private message on product review so my colleague Kasey has replied to you with the details you require. Please reply to Kasey and she can assist you further.
Kind regards,
Carly

sjhanlonasked

hi am trying to get a refund due to the convid 19 restrictions , have booking for the lady cutler showboat in melbourne for the 5th april 2020 but unable to find any where to cancell , can i please be pointed to the right area .
kind regards .
jane

Scott C.
Scott C.

Redballoon aren't really caring about anything from here on in with the covid19 pandemic.

sjhanlon

ill take it up with my fed mp in a week if it continues like this, as companies may be asking for a govt hand out as in tax breaks , free loans etc when they are keeping peoples monies paid and not refunding their monies, not happy with this

RedBalloon Customer CareRedBalloon

Hi Jane,
Please contact us directly on our contact us page with your voucher code so we can look into your booking that you have. You can find that page here: https://help.redballoon.com.au/s/contactsupport

Kind regards,
Carly

Get an answer from our members and RedBalloon representatives