Russell Hobbs Satin Salt and Pepper Mill Set

RHPK4000, RHPK1000, RHPK3000, RHPK1000BLK (See All)
Listing monitored by Russell Hobbs

2.5
Daniel
DanielSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don’t Last!!

Purchased through the Good Guys lasted about a year before the salt one seized up and also battery terminal rusted inside unit.
Rust marks also show on outside of the mill despite cleaning regularly.

Light at the bottom has gone in one of the mills and the pepper mill has just stopped working the last few weeks.

If your after salt and pepper mills that last about year go for it, otherwise look elsewhere.

P FairallAU

Russell Hobbs Reputation Rubbish

Three months Three weeks , no replacement warranty , don't buy these things on online , if you really want to buy them get them from somewhere where you can take them back because I think you'll be taking them back
Try and find a warranty and keep it handy

Absolute rubbish

I Bought them because i have arthritis in my hands. They only work intermittently, chew through batteries, and now won't open for me to refill, what a waste of money

TanvirSydney, NSW

A good gadget everyone should have ....

The Russell Hobbs Salt and Pepper shaker is a very good tool every household should have. I bought this from Goodguys couple of months ago and since than I do not regret to pay for it. It's a very handy tool and easy to operate. Once someone use it they will definitely going to buy it. I believe its a good product under Russell Hobbs banner. The additional feature of having a light in the bottom is very useful when u try to see what goes in the food. In addition, the shaker has got option of changing the grinding size. I personally recommend this brand and the product. have fun ....

Perfect!

Love these salt and pepper mills! They even come with little plastic bases to put them back on so that you don't end up with salt and pepper all over your pantry. They grind through the large pink salt I use with ease too. Definitely worth the upgrade if you were using cheap ones like I was.

Aussiebloke34
Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Broke on my second use

Broke on my second use. The cheap plastic they used as the grinder went into my food and had to chuck out my meal and take this garbage back to Harvey Norman.

Dan
DanPerth, WA

Bad design save your money

We had the previous model for 4 years and replaced with this model after they failed. The new ones are rubbish the grinder lacks the power to grind pepper and salt. Changed battery brands and same problem. The gearing is just wrong

phoenixd
phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value and works perfectly

J Evans
J EvansPerth, WA

Glad I bought these

At first we were a little annoyed to discover they needed 8x AA batteries (4 for each shaker) in order for them to work, but now we're really glad to have bought them because we use them constantly.

Reviewer
Reviewer

The grinding mechanism fell apart and spat washers into my guest's dinner!

One of the grinders, when being used, malfunctioned and two washers (one cut in half) landed on my dinner guest's meal. Only used about three times too! A dangerous and faulty product..

Russell Hobbs Pepper Grinder

Pepper mill very rarely works, I thought I was using wrong pepper corns.I have tried different brands but no different. Salt okay, but I would not recommend.
Because a gift I can not return

meeeeeeee
meeeeeeee

dont buy

Useless, never shut properly , small pot so always having to refill , then light stopped working, useless , id suggest dont waste your money , stick with a hand grinder one , not worth buying !

Sleepy
SleepyPerth, WA

What a waste

Bought these brand new and have never worked. Didn’t go to use for awhile after buying so I originally thought it was the batteries but after replacing these they still did not work.

JohnAuckland, New Zealand

Embarrassing gift to me from my wife,

Embarrassing gift to me from my wife, hopelessly underpowered, only will go with brand new batteries and settings full wide open. The salt one was taken back to Briscos and they replace half, not sure motor or grinder half.
4 x 1.5 volt batteries which is actual 6 volt, but I measure 3.05 volt on output so 2 batteries in series.
I sprayed silicon down into the electric motor, giving slight improvement. Batteries were new up at +1.52 volt each.
After 10 second use the output from the 4 batteries dropped from 305 volt to 2.75 volt.
I suspect there is poorly made windings in the electric motors, that's why some work well for some customers but 70% experience problems like me.

John

The shop replaced complete unit, but that even stopped after 4 weeks so I only have the salt level a 3rd full, and the grinding size only at 50%

Cruiser
CruiserSydney

Excellent, love them.

I have had these for just over a year now. Work perfectly every time. Easy to refill. I don’t understand the bad reviews, people must be misusing them. We use ours every day with no issues.

Ric123
Ric123asked
Satin Salt and Pepper Mill Set

My Salt mill isn’t grinding up the salt and just letting big chunks fall through. Any suggestions?

P Fairall

I think there is an adjustment on the bottom but not sure , mine are working OK at present but for how long ?? they came so close to the rubbish bin

DavRoasked
Satin Salt and Pepper Mill Set

Switch not working. Tested with multimeter and problem in switch. Seems small circular section of copper is pushed down and provides connection between two strips of copper. Both strips ok but posting button onto them does nothing.

Tanvir

I had the same issue last month in one of them whre the salt was used. Due to salt humidity build up on the switch causing white and green stuff cover the connection area. I have opened it and cleaned it. Its working now.

DavRo

Thanks. Will have another go.

Lesasked
Satin Salt and Pepper Mill Set

Can’t lock after refilling with pepper corns Won’t go on open padlock Only locked one but can’t twist it ? Cheers Les

Les

Mucked around with them Think I have fixed problems See next time I refill them Cheers Les

Les

Swapped grinders to other bace Clicked on So put them side beside each other and saw top was 1/8th of a inch higher So pushed insert in and fixed the problem Cheers Les

See all Russell Hobbs Satin Salt and Pepper Mill Set questions