Ryobi 600W RHT6060

MPNs: RHT6060 and RHT6060RS

Allan W

Allan WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Rubbish

When it works it's terrific; trouble is it rarely works. There's an issue with the trigger/start mechanism and poor electrical contacts. I'd been warned against purchasing Ryobi products and now I know why. I did not expect Stihl or Makita/Dolmar quality but I did expect the unit to start/work; it doesn't.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings, Katoomba for A$149.00.

Alasdair N.

Alasdair N.Illawarra, NSW

Impressed

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

colin

colinQueensland

Great device

More than pleased with the trimmer after a couple of uses,
it certainly makes short work of the bushes being trimmed.
Being electric watch always be aware of the cord and that it is behind and in the correct position for safety.
When holding the trigger down to start it takes a several seconds to get into motion.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 600W RHT6060 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Bryce

BryceSydney, NSW

furious

bought this model twice from bunnings, both times they have stopped working within the first 20 minutes of using it. good way to dissapoint the inlaw when the tool doesnt work

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Boyd M.

Boyd M.South East Queensland, QLD

Worked fine until it caught fire!

Have used the Ryobi hedge trimmer sparingly over the past 2 years and it was doing a great job until it stopped recently. I turned it on again a week later to see if the fault was terminal and it caught fire!
I am pretty disappointed as it looks like a new product, I did look after it but I guess you get what you pay for!

Richard S.

Richard S.Illawarra, NSW

One fault

Just purchased this trimmer. It works as expected. However the blade guard supplied is a flimsy peice of plastic that would not be worth 10 cents.
The guard is difficult to install.
My previous Ryoba trimmer, that I gave to my son, has a heavy duty blade guard.
Ryobi should be ashamed to supply this piece of trash with quality equipment.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

ste448

ste448South West, WA

Hedge Happy

The Ryobi 1 600mm hedge trimmer is an excellent product for trimming our lavender and kangaroo paws. Not only does the wider blade keep the cut level it is quick and easy to use.

Nice long blade

Works quite well and easy to use. The 600 watt motor is more than enough for domestic use. Probably would have given it five stars if it wasn’t for that my hedge in places is at head height and it can be a little tiresome at times, on a lower hedge it would be perfect

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings for A$169.00.

Susan

SusanPerth, WA

Bloody good little machine

I would have given it a 5 star rating, except trying to get the sheath on, as a woman I found a little difficult.

Other than that, being able to change the cutting angle is brilliant!! The blade is long and can cut through some fairly heavy branches. It's powerful enough for me!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 600W RHT6060 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Orvis

OrvisSydney

Cuts like a samurai sword

With its massive cutting blade this Ryobi plows through hedges with ease. I have used a Stihl petrol powered hedge trimmer before and the Ryobi is much lighter and cuts better. I'm not sure how long it will last given other reviews but it feels very well made for the price. It trims advanced Photinia hedges like a boss but is a little on the noisy side for an electric trimmer.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Imp

ImpPerth

Great .... until it died just out of Warranty

Thought this was fantastic. Did a great job on the hedges when it was used a few times a year.
However after just over 2 years it simply stopped mid hedge.
Paid a bit more for a name brand so I thought it would last a good while. Sadly this is not the quality product that I thought it was.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Tony Murace

Tony MuraceSydney, NSW

Excellent new model replacing older Ryobi

After 10 years, our previous ryobi electric hedger began to play up. 10 years is a fantastic life span for a tool. Looked up latest Ryobi on offer and purchased this one. This is slightly bigger than the previous model, but upgraded with a glide over blades when trimming, so that when you trim, the cuttings fall onto the glide and fall off instead of getting stuck in the cutting blades- Great idea. Seems more powerful and I have enjoyed using this in the last 2 trims .

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Jer

Jer

Great hedge trimmer

This is my 3rd hedge trimmer. First was an electric bosch then a 2-stroke homelite, now the Ryobi RHT6060RS. I was choosing between this or a low cost petrol model but I think I made the right choice.

For the relatively low price it is a beast. It is long and will cut through quite a lot. It cut the time I spend on my hedges in half and ripped through bushes that my old hedge trimmers wouldn't make a dent in.

The head can be rotated 45 and 90 degrees so you don't have to tilt it sideways for a vertical cut. It also has a plastic guide over the blade to move leaves out of the way as you work. No noise issues - its quieter than my old petrol trimmer.

Quality build as expected by Ryobi. Very pleased with it so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Lewis P.asked

The twin triggers are to sensitive and you get a delay in starting. Any ideas?

Luke U.

Luke U.asked

I'm not sure if I've bought a faulty unit... I think the dual triggers are too sensitive... also didn't like the 1-2 second delay in starting once triggers have been pressed.
Anyone else having issues with sensitivity? will just stop mid use despite both hands clenching triggers with force.

Alan W.
Alan W.

i have been using the same unit for six months and it does the same thing with no ill effects. It does good job on high hedge. The stoppings can be a pain but it gives me a break to clear the cuttings

Lewis P.

Mine does the same. You only have to move you fingers slightly and it stops. Then to start it takes another few seconds to re start

SimonPG
SimonPG

Mine does the same. You just cannot help to slightly change the intensity of your grip as you constantly move around. Cut out of both triggers is far too sensitive and it is a pain as it constantly stops. Big negative for me and I wish I hadn’t bought it. I intend to permanently hold the trigger switch in the on position with a cable tie so I have only the left hand trigger to control. Great safety feature Ryobi when you force people to improvise fixes.

Hanz

Hanzasked

What is the piece at the end of the power cord near the plug used for? Is it to hold the plug and an extension lead together? If so how does this work?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers