Ryobi 750W Pole Pruner RPP750S

Ryobi 750W Pole Pruner RPP750S

See the Best Electric Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

3.3
    Clinton Pollheim
    Clinton PollheimCanberra 2600, ACT

Great even after 7 years of steady domestic use

Having owned the Ryobi 1+ pole saw or pruner, its still going strong. I haven’t looked after it very well Andrew yet it still keeps performing. I’m thinking of getting a new 200mm chain to replace the old but it’s still cutting my tree branches of approx 50-100 mm. If this one gave up the ghost, I would buy another exactly the same.
    Highly recommend this product - Clinton Pollheim.

Purchased in December 2011 at Bunnings Warehouse.

LockieBrisbane

Cross over expantion

In basic I’m using the expand it add on with a different power head (weed eater) after some carful detective work it was described most line trimmer power heads use the same shaft configuration witch makes this as a add on very useful and cost affective when compared to the Victoria of makita options. I had no trouble clicking into my weed eater powerhead shaft not my power head is 20 horse power more than the recommend minimal 130 so had no trouble ripping in to branches even with the extra extention added had job done in fast and safe as you can stand well away from chainsaw blade well worth it and with all the add on my Father’s Day and berth day are sorted as I like te other two options as in eager and pruner attachments also

Date PurchasedDec 2018
    TCSydney

Worked for about 2-3 hours of work in total, then could only cut using the top side of the saw!

I had a previous version similar wattage which lasted a lot longer. This one was less prone to parts coming loose/coming off, but after 2 jobs each lasting approx. 1-1.5 hours of chainsawing branches from 1 to 20cm thick, the chainsaw would only cut if I used the top part of it! It would just refuse to spin if i tried to cut using the bottom side of the chainsaw end. Or course, most people use the bottom side more, so I got a return from Bunnings.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
    Electric Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 750W Pole Pruner RPP750S compares to other Electric Hedge Trimmers

Mike
    MikeShepparton

ADEQUATE FOR THE MONEY

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
    Vicki
    VickiPerth

Hardly used and the plastic under chain guide broke

Did the job I wanted it to but extremely disappointed....used 3 times in 2 years when the verge cleanup comes around. Wasn't used for hard work but the small plastic lug under the chain guide broke so the chain fell off.
    Exactly 7 days out of warranty and Bunnings said Ryobi won't do anything about it. I have 3 of their products. As they break I certainly won't be replacing them with Ryobi. Being a female I found it very heavy as well.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
    Steve
    SteveMELBOURNE

Saved me climbing a ladder!

This pole pruner worked a lot better than i thought it would, i only needed it for one tree but at least i have it in case i need to use it again. It cut a lot better than i thought it would, i had to cut about a 12cm diameter branch off the top of a tree. It goes through oil pretty quick and is a bit heavy if you were going to use it for long periods. It does have 3 poles which you can shorten by removing the middle piece if working closer to the ground. All in all i would recommend this as its much cheaper than getting a professional to come out just for a hand full of branches.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Don L
    Don Lasked

My electric pole pruner suddenly won’t start. I think the oil may have run out while I was using it but after adding more it just won’t start.
    Any ideas?

TC

While it's off u could try to move the chain back & forth then turn power back on & see if it freed up anything. If not working still just tell the shop u bought from that it suddenly stopped working. If u have the receipt they should refund u if it is still under warranty. I would not get a replacement something else could go wrong. I don't trust the quality of these recent models.

TC

Also if u tried to adjust the tension of the chain & made it too tight it might also cause it not to move so try loosening the tension in the chain with the supplied tool I think it's an allen key or something.

Peter
    Peterasked

Could you please provide me with a copy of the ryobi electric pole pruner manual please. I have had the pruner for a while and when I went to the box to put the unit together I cannot find my manual for operation.
    I went to Bunnings Wangaratta where I purchased it and asked whether they could photo copy the manual, the answer was no .
    I believe their is an Allen key attached to the manual as well as a little bottle I presume of chainsaw oil

I need to do some high pruning in the next week or so and I don't want to use the pruner prior to reading the manual.

Thanking you in anticipation for your assistance

Peter
    Yarrawonga
    Victoria

Lockie

Hi peter iv attached a link to ryobi https://www.ryobi.com.au/support/manuals/details/RPP1820LI15 with this you can then click on the correct modal then double click to open PDF copy of manual you can also print from this hope this help you out thanks Lachlan

TC

Hi sorry I can't help u as I returned mine to Bunnings together with everything that came with it eg manual, for a full refund. I can't remember an allen key maybe there was an L-shaped screw driver device with a Phillips head or allen key type head on it. I think that is used to adjust the tension in the chain. The device is pretty straightforward to use just get some chain & bar oil in a bigger container as you should top up fairly frequently, the little starter bottle of oil doesn't last very long. For deep cutting, look on the internet or Ryobi website for ways to safely perform them as there was some advice in the manual about it.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryElectric Hedge Trimmers