Ryobi ELT1100A 1100 Watt Electric

Ryobi ELT1100A 1100 Watt Electric

See the Best Electric Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Glendasydney

A great machine now I have sorted it out

Jay Ess

Jay EssAlbury

It ain't perfect but it is better than most

KariSydney

Works & works & works

I like it, it's quiet, quick and light to use. I find the head easy to move around trees and cutting edges easy. The only thing I wished it was a bit cheaper than other types you can get. Fits light and think line, and is ok with 2.7mm line as well.
Never had a problem with the head, even used replacement parts from Bunnings.
It's pretty good.
Low noise
Needs a harness as it gets heavy after a few hours

mapsyd

mapsydSpeers point

Powerful

I have started using the Ryobi for the first time. It is light enough, powerful, and after tapping on the bump feed did not have a problem with the feed. It has 2 year replacement warranty, so fingers crossed it will keep going the same way for a few years to come.
Easy to assemble, easy to start, powerful
Some parts a little cheap, and little to powerful for small yard.

Seriously Disappointed

Seriously DisappointedSOUTH MELBOURNE

Worst thing I ever bought – I HATE IT!!!!

The bump feed does not work unless you smash the thing on the ground, even then there are no guarantees. You need to constantly dismantle the head to manually feed the line. I even took it back to Bunnings to the guy that recommended it to make sure I was using it correctly. Unfortunately I was. I have a large garden and lawn and using this thing ensures it takes twice as long. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS THING. If you really, really want one you can have mine as it will be going in the hard rubbish, come October.

Bump feed doesn't work and line has to continually manually fed.

Peter44
Peter44

I changed to 2.7 mm line and it is a great tool.
I would not be without it!!

oscarcatBRISBANE

Rubbish!

From the start the line would not feed out and invariably snapped off inside the spool so that this had to be disassembled each time more line was needed. When working the ergonomics were fine and it was particularly good and easy to edge trim a grass lawn neatly. But more time was spent pulling the head apart to extarct more line than on strimming. Has put me off Riobi for good. If they can put this sort of rubbish into production they don't deserve to suvive.
looks, feel, light weight.
it's a lemon.

Heaps better than a pertrrol trimmer...but..

I tossed my petrol Rytobi after its last chance when it would not run smoothly.
I hoped that being electric (i.e. starts all the time) that with this one that my wife and kids could be trained to use it. But the line breaking all the time drove us nuts.
However, thanks to other comments here, I will now get an upgraded head which should give it a second life.
So, I am happy to keep it as lond as the new head works.
Powerful and not too heavy
Terrible line head

kefa8

kefa8

OK

Terrible

This trimmer is like a ferrari engine on shopping cart wheels. The designer obviously never actually used a string trimmer in his life, but knows motor design inside out. All in all, it would be quicker to trim the yard by hand with children's scissors, than to powerfully whack at it for thirty seconds, and then re-string this machine for ten minutes - again and again and again. I just threw mine in the bin, after first extracting the motor for some future project.
The motor is reliable and powerful, on the odd occaision you might have to use it.
The string spool is AWFUL. Every time the string breaks it has to be disassembled and the line manually fed out.

Absolutely my thoughts. And replacement heads from Bunnings are useless

Good

Having replaced the spool head with with the Littl' Juey bent shaft fitting the trimmer is very reliable and effective. Shame the supplied head was so hopeless and the extra expense was necessary to get the tool to a point where it is (almost - this is still a chore after all!) a pleasure to use.
Powerful trimmer, just what I need for a reasonably large section (1012m2) with some uneven areas where the grass and weeds grow quite long.
Dreadfully unreliable spool head and line feed system.

Letoy

Letoyasked

Can you change line spool?

Kari

Yeah, there's a youtube video by Mr. Hardware "How to restring dual-sided spool lawn weed eater trimmer with double string" . It can take some force to remove the bumper knob at the bottom if you've not done it for some time. The whole head comes off and you put in the string in the holes and wind it up as in the video and leave about 30cm and slide them into the keeper. Then load it into the hopper and feed them though the holes (this part is tricky). Then put back the bumper knob and your ready. I use thicker line as it lasts longer. Some people use the metal blades but I think they're dangerous when it comes to your feet and legs. Hope this helps you out.

Glenda

I fitted a 'Pro Cut 11 line head on my Ryobi trimmer.It works well but every time you change the line you lose about 60mm of line. This is not a a big issue as the line is cheap. Google "Ryobi Pro Cut 11" line trimmer head it's all there.
Hope this helps Richard

Terry

Terryasked

What part number for cord?

Kari

Ryobi power cord & plug HLT8.

Hi Kari
I don't have any part numbers.
Richard

Davis

Davisasked

Do you need to continually replace the little juey head for the $34.95 or can you simply replace the line?

Kazzza
Kazzza

$35 seems expensive for a bit of plastic tbh. I don't use them, I use the standard head that came with the line trimmer and have had no problems and spend $15 on 50m of 3mm line which lasts me the year.

As Kazza has answered, you just need to replace the line, not the head.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryElectric Whipper Snippers