Ryobi RAP1500G

3.0

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Does the job evevrytime!

I've had mine for several years now and use it on pallet wood and works great. Just sharpened the blades recently and works like new again. Heres a link on the machine and sharpening the blades https://youtu.be/kS0XO56j1Ck

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Andy R.

Andy R.Perth

Great for the handyman

I have used this thicknesser for dressing jarrah and sheoak up to 20cm width. The jarrah was old fenceposts from our property. Take it in small increments and it's fine. The measurement scale is a bit random so do that independently. Great to see old, grey timber come back to life.

Purchased for $400.00.

Ryobi Thicknesser / planer

I have this model and it works really well so far and with the 4 yr. + warranty if it goes bad just take it back for a replacement. Be sure to keep your warranty papers and sales receipt. I have had no problems at all and have been using it regularly for weeks now everyday. It simply does the job, it can get a bit messy with the wood chips but if you have a shop vac then no problem has you can simply hook or tape you shop vac to the exhaust!

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $298.00.

Planers

Find out how Ryobi RAP1500G compares to other Planers

Keep Looking .. Very Soft and Flat Timbers Only

Purchased in January 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Foundpeace04NSW, 2470

Does the job

Terrible product. Typical Bunnings crud

I adjusted the blades per the manual. They didn't even reach the work piece! The front feed roller jammed on the work; The cutting head was still 5mm too high! no way to adjust it any lower. Felt like poor quality, poor quality components. Typical of the cheap crud that hits the shelves at Bunnings and is sadly taking brand names with them. I won't ever buy a single fluoro green coloured Ryobi product again. I especially won't buy the cheaper "Bunnings special" models made exclusively for the big green shed.

T.lee

T.lee

Not precise enough, feels cheap

I purchased this thicknesser originally just for small jobs as a hobby, but after running about 10 pieces of timber through, I realised that despite the measurement indicator being in the same spot for final thickness, I was getting different results when checking with a rule afterwards. Also the method of it winding up and down seems very cheap, longetivity would be questionable.
I returned it after 2 days and have since purchased a different unit which I am very happy with.

I am by no means unhappy with ryobi as a brand as all my other power tools, battery and electric are excellent,

Peter

PeterPerth

Poor Quality

The Ryobi RAP1500G is a cheap and poor quality thicknesser.
In just over 2 years and with minimal use I have had to replace 4 bevel gears (for raising and lowering the cutting head. These gears are made of plastic which is surprising considering the number of times the cutting head is adjusted.
The thermal overload failed and was replaced with much difficulty.
Finally the bearings holding the cutting head roller seized and will require replacement.
This is on a product which has had little use in 2 years.
My recommendation is not to waste your money and get a better quality product

Bill

Billasked

How is the quality now is what I would like to know April 2019?
Since all these reviews are at least a year old.

SP

I am sorry Bill that I cannot answer your question. I won't go near ryobi because everyone I have bought in recent years has outright failed. I honestly prefer ozito over ryobi when it comes to buget tools. Try jumping on some woodworking forums.. you might get someone coming out of the woodwork there. (Excuse the punn ) A precision tool such as a planer smoother, my advice.. aim as high as your buget allows and try find one that can accomodate carbide blades. Best of luck.

Chris
Chris

China will build whatever you want to whatever quality you want.
Bunnings get budget crap built poorly.
Try Hafco or similar. Their stuff is usually built better for similar money.

You get what you pay for.

Foundpeace04

Well ours still goes fine and does the job for what we want..but it is used as a hobbist type equipment, so not going multiple times a week at all. I like Ryobi and as for basic home stuff they work great for us.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryPlaners