SMA Solar Inverter

SMA Solar Inverter

2.0

Lisa

LisaLithgow NSW

Sma owns majority of zeversolar

My extended warranty I purchased and sent in 3 yrs ago and sales staff tried as well to send through to the warranty department. Just found out I paid extra for warranty and no extra warranty even though I sent registration in many times with no reply only from sales staff who sent it in as well on my behalf and sent me email showing they did (my proof). 3 yrs in and inververter died. So SMA you own them now and you are responsible. The warranty department not once have replied to my dozen emails, 3 yrs ago and now. Extended warranty I was scammed.

1/11/20 Update, received email today from zeversolar confirming my extended warranty, apologise for the late reply, 3 yrs late mind you. So have given an extra star for that.

Stefan

StefanMid North Coast, NSW

Poor Quality

We had a SMA Sunny Boy 2.0 Kilowatt Inverter installed with a solar panel installation the warranty period was 5 years , it died after 5 years and 8 months , error code pertaining to internal fault , you would think that with such a short period out of warranty that SMA Australia would offer a discounted replacement or low priced repair , and I quote " No it is out of warranty " . With such an expensive brand that is " Made in Germany " one would expect more then 5 1/2 years out of an inverter , to add insult to injury I was informed that there was an optional 10 year warranty that I was not told about at the time of purchase !

Warranty not worth the paper its written on

I have a Sunny Boy SB 5000 TL installed 9/14, An error fault varistor defect, rang the installer said the varistor not covered on warranty $214 to do the job, rang sma they don't cover the varistor, I thought the varistor was part of the inverter, I'll be bagging sma from now on, here I was saying sma sunny boy are good inverters but the company wipe there hands with this part. Not happy.

Adele JohnstoneSouth West, WA

No service

Had 2 sma inverters installed a year ago. One died 2 months ago. Still unable to get the replacement. Can't get through when calling them. Extremely disappointed as I have been promoting them in our area and to friends.

Adele Johnstone

Can confirm... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HELP. Got through after holding for 11mins today and was asked for a reference number. Called back 4 times and, THANKS TO PHONE NUMBER RECOGNITION, I held for an average of 14min before call ended automatically.

Impossible to get help

I had a Sunny Boy SB 5000 TL installed 6/14. An error fault displayed last week 'varistor defect'. Spoke to the installer who asked me to contact SMA, but it's impossible. The phone extensions go dead and despite 2 emails to the service department I've had no replies. This is supposedly a premium inverter but with sub prime back up. They really need to get their service house in order. I will keep trying.

bronkie

bronkieCairns

SMA sunnyboy 2.5 inverter no lcd screen

Fady E.

Fady E.asked

I got a jinko solar panels with a sunnyboy 5.5 inverter installed. The inverter is new design with no lcd screen. It does have a wi fi system so that you can used it on your computer or mobile phone. Sometimes the next morning you cant get it to connect to your phone. Then you have to go to your meter box outside turn every thing off for 1/2 min and back on to reset. Once on the net and see how it works i got a date of august 2015 now December. IT is not adjustable. I sent a email to head office in Germany who gave me details of SMA Australia. Try and get hold of them for 2 days. I spoke to some lady who tell me their technicians are busy. Their after market service does not exist. The system with the jinko panels work great. Their computer program? i don't know. Their after market service?

wally

wallyasked

Has anyone had failure with victron Quattro ,mine's a heap of you know what? wally