Smeg

Smeg

Smeg customer service is excellent

When renovating my kitchen a few years ago I bought Smeg induction cooktop; oven; exhaust fan; dishwasher and microwave. Each appliance developed small problems. One day the cooktop stopped working so in a state of anger I contacted Smeg customer service and listed all my grievances. To my surprise they called within a few days and arranged for a technician to come and fix everything. The items were all out of warranty.

I am a very happy customer and realise I should have contacted them much earlier. Thanks Smeg

Irene McDonald

SMEG - Fantastic Customer Service And Products

Whilst researching the various brands of stovetops I found this site. I was planning on buying one as soon as I saved the money so was preparing my budget. As I have used ceramic cooktops since the 1980s and had no issues whatsoever I was looking at the Smeg SA 661x cooktop. The reviews below made me think twice about newer models but I decided to contact Smeg to ascertain their views on the appliances mentioned below.

The gentleman at Smeg listened carefully to my history and current concerns and advised me that the issues were the fault of people mistreating their appliances. He arranged for a service of my existing appliances and ascertained that the exiting cooktop was 100% but the oven required some repairs to resolve the issues.

During this process I heard only good things about the Smeg Customer Service. All service calls the dealers had attended turned out to be as a result of appliance abuse, not faults with the appliance manufacture.

I have now changed my gas to a Smeg SA 661x electric hob and it is fantastic. It is very quick, user-friendly and certainly a dream to keep clean. I will have many years of pleasurable cooking and know that if in the future I have any issues Smeg will be there for me.

Thank you, Steve Cullen and staff, for your excellent customer service and for the great appliances

Oven problem

I bought a house several years ago and the Smeg stove looked new, however when using the oven it would only work intermittently It won't work if you try the fan.. I had a Smeg rep come out & thoroughly check the oven & couldn't find anything wrong with it.. Suggested I upgrade my power box!!! It is so inconvenient when you expect the oven to work & it doesn't then when you least expect it to work it will.. I have put up with it & use the microwave instead as a large stove is expensive to replace.. Certainly won't go with a Smeg in the future

Smeg Appliances, buyer beware

Had enough of my expensive new Smeg appliances.
Buyer beware, no help from Smeg, you are on your own, nothing but problems, had to pay 4 call outs for Smeg service people to fix their crappy faults.
My verdict, never again.
You want advice, call me.
0418354270 I will tell how my nightmare has been.

Had problem with the lid

I bought a SMEG last year and a few months ago the lid was hard to press open
I email the manger of the Australian spare parts at SMEG and had a reply within minutes and they replaced it
Good to see some companies still have great customer service
Thanks SMEG Australia

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Outstanding customer service

I own a SMEG dishwasher and a SMEG oven/ cooktop. Over the years there has been the need to get some minor issues addressed. I have to commend Matt Parkinson and his team at SMEG Australia. Their customer service has been outstanding. Prompt, polite, hassle free, and most importantly effective in addressing the issues in a way that I felt was very fair, and that went well beyond the customer service experienced with other companies. They back their products, and where appropriate replace parts under warranty or sometimes out of warranty with courtesy and efficiency. Well done, if only all customer experiences were like this. It inspires the confidence in me to stick with SMEG products for future purchases.