Smeg CMS6451X

Smeg CMS6451X

MPN: 36542637

Awful machine... old model was better

Just installed this model after giving up on previous 5/6year old model - very similar to the other review we’d had it serviced about 4 times over last 2 years (at up to $400 a service) and finally decided not to repair it the the last time. Coughed up the big $ for the new model (as it matched our other built in appliances & for the existing hole)
Devastated to see they have scrapped the regular milk wand frother and created a milk jug frother attachment - so you can’t manually froth milk whatsoever!! The jug is awful and makes a huge mess, you have no control over the process and it does an absolutely terrible job. Coffee Looks like a bubble bath. Should have read the reviews... but naively assumed I was just replacing with the same machine. We’ve just thrown away over 4K and will still be buying coffees down the street.

Purchased in May 2019 for $4,700.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily
Hi Robyn. Thanks for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss these problems? We would like to have the opportunity to have a look at the feedback you have provided. Can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then contact you to discuss this and co-ordinate for a representative to attend your premises. Our Email address is: service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Regards, Smeg Australia.

For a premium product, try another brand

I had the original smeg coffee machine which was also plumbed in. This produced nice coffee and you could control the milk consistency. Over its six year life it went back for 13 repairs. The last one was the electronic board, which was going to cost more to repair than a new machine. It made rougly 300 cups of coffee for every repair. Not good odds for an expensive machine. After much discussion the old machine was replaced with the newest model. Now i have to fill the water tank every 4 coffees, it makes terrible steamed milk, which there is almost no control over, and the coffee is barely warm, despite having the tempt to high. You are better off with a department store cheapie. At least you wont feel like you have been ripped off

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Dear Love my coffee, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

I have the smeg CMS6451X model. i have filled the water tank just below the max line, but the machine still displays the fill water tank message. No hot water comes out either. Any ideas?
Hi Robynelizabeth - Thanks for your question - If you remove the water tank and have a look inside, you should see a black looking block,this can sometimes fall out when you have cleaned the water tank. Can you see this block ? It is approximatley 25ml by 10ml - If this has been lost or removed, please let us know and we can send you a replacement. If is there, please give the container a shake and it should loosen, if it still comes up with a fill water tank message you will require a service call - please call us direct on 02 8667 4833, if you require any further assistance. Kind Regards, SMEG SERVICE DEPARTMENT

This is my second built-in Smeg Coffee Machine.. I just cleaned the infuser following the instructions in the manual and after making 4 coffees the General Alarm is showing.. the machine is cleaned regularly. I can’t see coffee grinds inside. Our service people here in Adelaide are hopeless and gave me unlimited problems with my previous machine. Whom do I contact or is there something else I can do please ?
Dear Anne, I am the National Service Manager for Smeg Australia and I have spoken with Prestige to look at the history of the appliances. I note that the original unit was purchased in 2008 and was replaced in 2014. I do understand that you had issues with that unit but we cannot locate any service history on the new unit. They are our only service agent in Adelaide and I am sure that they will look after you and if there are any further problems please contact me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au.

CMS6451X