Stihl FSA 45

Stihl FSA 45

MPN: FSA45
See the Best Electric Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Stihl? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.4
  • Product is used
  • Safety
Unhappy
UnhappySydney, NSW

Size does matter - Stihl FSA 45 Disappointing Whipper Snipper

I have always used Stihl for my yard work. I downsized from the big Brushcutter as I am on a 320sqm small block now and I find the FSA45 just so useless. Battery life is so limited like 30 mins, the blades break or wear down very easily as does the cutting runner which seems to break all the time.

You are supposed to be able to trim the paths, well that does not work as the blades just break of wear down to easily.

I would no recommend to anyone and I am going to write it off as a bad purchase and buy the next couple of models up which has a bit more power. I am so sorry that I sold my Brushcutter now but it was big to use.

Purchased in April 2020 for $199.00.

Elaine C.
Elaine C.Perth, WA

Great suits my needs!

This is a lightweight, easy to use whipper snipper. Takes about 2-3 hours to fully charge and it lasted for about 22 mins for me, which was enough time to do the front and the back yard. I didn't have to change any blades on my first usage but I will do so for the next usage as I was doing a fair bit of edging and it was overgrown and I am still not used to the machine. I love how easy this machine is to use. no more line to thread.

Purchased in October 2020 at Maddington Mower and Saws for $179.00.

good whipper

good machine till the vibration started motor bearing dealer said nothing wrong will try and replace the bearing myself if not i will buy a new one of the same i like this machine it is very light in weight

Purchased in May 2018 for $159.00.

Ed W.

have a fs38 gas for the tough jobs always starts when properly maintained is 3 yrs old i installed a new cutting head that uses the sticks no wraping up the cord

Vtom
Vtom

No good

good - lightweight , charges fast , suitable for small gardens, easy to change blades

bad - plastic blades break easily , line also the same and need to manually cut and fit it as per correct length or else it hits the tip of the guard and breaks off too .

Not worth a buy.

Purchased in August 2020 for $199.00.

Electric Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FSA 45 compares to other Electric Whipper Snippers

Pokky

Suits me, won’t suit everyone