Stihl FSE 71

Stihl FSE 71

See the Best Electric Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Josh

JoshNewcastle

Troubles with line

Overall I don't mind the weight or the cord, you get used to it. And the power is sufficient even for buffalo grass. Perhaps I just haven't figured it out properly, but I just can't get the line to advance sufficiently. Maybe I haven't loaded it properly - but even when I tap it as the instruction booklet says or try and pull it manually I always seem to end up with only a few cm of line coming out, which means I have to hold the trimmer really close to the grass to get any result.

Edit* I've loaded in a new line and it is working much better. Seems like the line that it originally came with just wasn't feeding very well.

Peter

PeterMenai

Stihl FSE 71 Good Choice

The FSE 71 is much quieter than a 2 stroke line trimmer. Can be a bit awkward to use initially, due to the weight of the electric motor and length of the shaft. A shorter, lighter device may be better if you are a smaller person. However, its easy to start and is powerful. Handles trimming the edges of a medium sized yard of buffalo grass without a problem. Its a bump and go system which is easy to reload once you figure it out. Bought from GYC Penshurst. But they didn't instruct on how to use it or more importantly, how to change the line. I'm satisfied now that i can reload the line. I'll see how it goes over the summer. Good Choice so far.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

The best line trimmer

Just purchased trimmer from Urunga, the dealer knew has product, demonstrating how to reload the line, it's quiet, powerful and the line advanced as required, we are very happy and will buy a second trimmer for our other property..... Good product and we will be selling our stihl petrol trimmer if you need some exercise getting it started

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Dr. Crashalot

Dr. CrashalotSYDNEY

Great trimmer - but proprietary fittings

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Jim

Best line trimmer I have ever owned.

Had it over a year now and can't fault it. Love the easy wind line replacement system. I have used all types and brands and this is by far the easiest and most efficient. Tap and go is solid and works well. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

Easy to use with plenty of power

The staff at the dealer were very helpful. It's a no brainer, really. Just plug it in and go. None of the trouble that comes with a petrol device and with a heavy extension cord I can whiz around the whole yard (tropical summer grass) in no time. Strongly recommend after 2 uses.

FSE 71 motor function

This electric grass cutter is perfectly easy and safe to use. Its light weight makes it easier to move around doing the cutting and trimming of grass and scrub. It comes with a good length of electric cord providing good reach to places away from the power source. It doesn't produce so much noise as the gas models.
Its light, easy to operate, powerful enough to cut grass and little scrubs in my house compound.
After using it a couple of times the motor now stops after running less than a minute. Can be started again after one minute rest but will stop again.

Roxfam

RoxfamPerth

Powerful and very well built

rahim3
rahim3
wmajoz

wmajozAU

A very good trimmer

Well balanced powerful electric cutter. Auto feed works well, spools correct amount of line every time (spending a lot less time feeding the line than previous trimmer). After having used various other brands the Stihl seems to be of much higher build quality.
Easy to use, efficient trimmer

Good

like it a lot , compared to other machines i have used.
Loads of power for electric machine and the feed head is great.
easy to use and quiet
it does not stop and you have to keep working

Good

So far I am very happy. I have never bought a Stihl product before but now I may look at them in the future.
Well balanced and quiet. Very neat.
Mine did not come with the depth wheel.

Alinta R.

Alinta R.asked

How to put whipper snipper cable on

Tom Mason

Tom Masonasked

I have tried in vain to replace the line. It just keep popping open. I am happy to pay for a pre-filled replacement. I have seen a few online e,g, https://www.ebay.com.au/b/Home-Garden/11700/bn_1843023, would these work on this model, if not do you know a supplier?

richie

richieasked

line keeps coming out as soon as i start the motor - help

Jim

Push the line in past the first point of engagement. You will feel initial resistance, push a little more. It makes the line engage deeper in the hub and stops the line from coming out.

Get an answer from our members and Stihl representatives

CategoryElectric Whipper Snippers