Suncorp Everyday Options

Suncorp Everyday Options

User friendly, great online account management

Have been a Suncorp customer for almost a decade now and the current internet banking system is terrific. I have/had financial accounts with at least six financial institutions (for different reasons - some are various interest free credit cards etc) and find the Suncorp internet banking site the most straightforward to use. It is simple to log in, you can elect to do this by password or to (for a very small once off cost) purchase a token which gives you additional security on your account when you log in. There is a simple menu on the page and it is really easy to navigate, check your accounts, view the history of your transactions, search your transactions, transfer money (you will need an external transfer password but this is a once-off process to get it applied to your account), use B-Pay, set up automatic recurring or once off payments, create new sub accounts, etc.

Your main account (everyday options) can then have several sub-accounts (all fee-free and paying high interest) so you can move funds easily from your main account into a higher interest saving account at any time of day or night. You have the flexibility to give each account and sub-account a separate name (meaningful to you... like 'bills' or 'holiday savings' or 'home renovations') and the essential statistics about each account are really easy to find at tax time (interest earned over financial year, etc).

Service from Suncorp has always been very attentive and helpful, my only gripe is that they have very few Suncorp ATMs outside of Qld and I live interstate.
Great internet banking, good basic savings accounts

I liked the fact the i could customise up to 10 accounts to suit my needs without having to pay for extra's. you can choose cash cards, visa debit cards or cheque books that don't cost anything, you can have all or non. I love that i can use phone, internet and home or on my mobile phone, i have a security token that was a small $20 fee but i don't pay regular fee's to keep it, its mine forever. i earn 4% on all my 9 sub account weather i have $1 to $1,000,000 in there which gets paid to me monthly and i can get statements whenever i want at no extra charge. i pay my bills out of my sub accounts and if i forget to transfer money over to another account for my direct debits it can be swept out of a different account so i dont have any dishonour or overdrawn fee's.
I love going into my local branch where the girls are always smiling and know my name, even though i dont go in there all the time. i dont feel like another number.
High Interest, low fee's, great service and lots of varied access to accounts

Good

After having a Suncorp account for many years, I was elated when they launched the Everyday Options account, which links to multiple high interest savings accounts. There is no minimum balance you need to keep to earn the interest on savings, and it is so easy to transfer your money from your transaction account to the savings accounts using internet banking. There is now even the option of "FlexiRates" which are like a term deposit. You can set aside a portion of usaully 3,6 or 12 months, and these rates are always higher than the interest rate on the savings accounts.
I've never had any problem being able to access a staff member, either in branch or over the phone and the staff have always been able to assist me with my enquiries. Another great thing about the account is that you can link it to a Visa Debit card, which I mainly use for online shopping as I don't have a credit card.
Overall this account makes managing my money and making my money work for me incredibly easy. Other major banks don't offer interest rates as good as Suncorp, so if you haven't got an Everyday Options account yet I would highly recommend you look into it!
Easy access to money, high interest savings, low fees
Have to purchase a security token or apply for external transfer password to send money to external accounts.

Good

love Suncorp. I have a everyday banking accounts, short term deposit and credit card. WI also have home and contens insurance. It would have been good if they had a mortgage that suited me but they are a little bit more expensive then the other banks for mortgage. Also there car insurance is very exmpensive in comparison to AAMI for example.
Would almost give a 5 but for a few little things listed in the Cons.
Internet banking is easy to use and fast.
Phoning Suncorp is good and the customer service is brilliant.
The branch customer service is always friendly and helpful.
A bit strict on get credit card limit increased. For example I have a bit of money banked with them. Good job and been with them for 20 years and they still wanted me to reapply for an increase on the credit card. Payslips and all. I couldn't be bothered as I just needed it for two weeks. So I just went and got another credit card with no interest for six months, did that over the phone with another ANZ. No paper work needed.
Also car insurance is very expensive.

Good

I was impressed when after overdrawing my account on one occasion I was reimbursed the $40 fee straight away (without asking) and I was sent a letter explaining that the fee was not charged this time and gave me few tips on how to avoid a fee next time, including automatic sweeps. There are lots of ATMs around and it's easy to avoid ATM fees. I've changed from Westpac and I am very happy with the service provided so far
Good and fast customer service. Great account options. Security token available for only $20. Automatic sweeps available to protect against overdrawn accounts
None so far

Does Suncorp have zero liability policy do I get my money back from visa debit card transaction as my card was Stolen
My experience in getting money back from a stolen Suncorp card was a very slow, unpleasant process requiring a lot of patience. After complaint lodged with Suncorp about their lack of service/help & incorrect information from their own staff which caused further delay achieved nothing I needed the Ombudsman involved to get back a couple of hundred dollars. Good luck & be very persistent.

Similar listings