Telstra Super

JontySouth East Queensland, QLD

Grossly Incompetent

HEN1_81

HEN1_81Sydney, NSW

Very poor poor returns, move your money before you regret it.

Returns are bad. After comparing returns with other funds I had to get my money out and into another fund. It was the right thing to do. Even with the free insurance included for working for Telsta, I would be worse off. Telstra shouldn't be offering this to new starters as it's not in the employees bet interest. They are send a lot of spammy emails that would make very little sense to most people. I feel they are taking advantage of Telstra employees who know little about super.

tiena P

tiena PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor customer service

No response. No follow up. 70 emails sent over a month and still no response. Ask yourself do you want to join a fund with such low customer care or resoect. What do we pay an admin fee for.

RON and DOROTHY

RON and DOROTHYGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Super made easy

We have dealt with Mark Urquhart and his assistant Luke, we reckon they are the best in the business. We were about to retire and are def not super savvy, both Mark and Luke made the whole process super easy and gave us all the info in layman’s terms we could understand , we are delighted how it was all handled for us and has made retirement super easy financially. We 100% recommend Telstra super, and were so relieved to find these guys.

Jack

JackWishart

Poor Performer

I have been with Telstra Super for 34 years, had to go with them when I worked for Yellow Pages, tried to get away but reverted back when the other super company were worse. Have never been impressed with Telstra Super Performance, investment goes up and down leaving very little increase, I often wondered why would a Telstra Super employee do anything out of the ordinary as they are not commission based. I think Superannuation companies are not controlled enough by government legislation, there are too many company's offering super services.

anntip

anntipVictoria

Stable super fund

Been with the fund still even though I have left the Co for over 20 years. The fund has lack lustre performance over the last few years. A good little find for someone looking at retirement in the next few years as fees are quite low.

Alan

AlanROSANNA

Telstra OFF LINE

Bob

BobQueensland

Thinking about moving to another Fund

Years ago Telstra Super was one of the best performers and they were always easy to deal with and they got things done quickly. Over the last 2 years they have not been performing as well as other Funds, and their service has gotten a lot worse. When my last withdrawal took over a week I wrote a letter of complaint. They responded with a statement that they take 7-8 Business Days to process withdrawals because of new regulatory rules. Nonsense according to ASIC and ATO. But I think I know what they are doing. They take out and hold a withdrawal request until the total fund drops, and then they release the withdrawal at the lower amount. Banks do the same with foreign currency exchanges.

Mozza

Mozza

Happy Retiree.

Have been living on TelstraSuper RetirementPlus for 6 years. My super balance has not gone down. Fees are very low. Most switching fees were removed this year. Polite helpful staff

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service

Christo

ChristoSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Loosing again

Been with Telstra super ever since we got kicked out of com super. I don't know what's going on with them but I just lost $10,000 of my super in 6 months and this is far from abnormal, it's about the 5th negative return in the past 10 years. At this rate I will have nothing left in 5 years. time to pull out and cut my losses

Sam

SamBrisbane

Telstra Super Performance

Have been with them for 30 years
Compulsory membership when I worked for Telstra.
Performance Lack Lustre , appalling performance. Beginning to wonder if they are associated with Coles Supermarket, as its Down Down Down for your investment.
Consider what incentive does a Telstra Super employees get to give good performance? Sitting on the hide of a large corp their pay is not affected by poor performance. Can Telstra go anywhere else?

J.JenkinsonMelbourne

Direct Access product is expensive and extremely limited

Telstra Super let Down by poor Internet Issue

Telstra Super is an excellent organisation with good returns. Unfortunately they have a problem with their mainframe which means that PDF reports cannot be downloaded to Apple Mac computers. I raised this as an issue with Telstra Super in September 2012 and again early 2013. The latest is that they may be able to 'do a fix' by mid 2013 - Not good enough, and too slow a response for this great Fund

Phil
Phil

Thankyou Telstra Super for fixing this issue. Apple Mac users can now download

Good

Returns good to excellent. I've just retired pushed my BALANCED option to cash in September 2008. Feels like they really care about you the individual and take pains to outline the options on investing and provide good suggestions to consider and decide on. No pressure. Ultimately individuals have to weigh their own situation and trust that the financial products and tools being used by the company are delivering in this tough climate. Seems to me this one still does!!
No Fees; Education helpful; Regular newsletters small & to the point; Very helpful salaried consultants (no commissions; On-line Access; 1-2 free advisory sessions per annum.