Toshiba AV500A Series

Toshiba AV500A Series

26AV500A, 37AV500A, 32AV500A, 42AV500A

See the Best HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Toshiba Great Quality And Endurance Recommended

I bought 2 of these tv regza and I paid $700 each and I have had no issues with them and I absoluted love well worth the money colour is really good easy to use menu
All round great televisions you don't have to spend mega bucks to get a great tv

Date PurchasedJun 2013

mauricek

mauricekAU

Not bad until trouble struck

AmayzingoneSydney, NSW

Premium offering in its time and still an excellent LCD TV today despite its age

eagle north coast

eagle north coastMid North Coast, NSW

Like all toshiba startup unit dying

I have 3 Toshibas, 2 in one house and one in another. This ones startup unit is dying just like the 32" LCD which lasted only 6 months. Never again. Apart from that, good picture etc.Controls not that good but given it is 2 yrs old that is alright I guess. I think another manufacturer will get the money next time.
First LCD didnt know anything different
Startup unit is dying like all toshibas

Jason2828
Jason2828

yes same here. less then 2 yrs old and takes a while for screen to warn up and show picture. Toshiba fail!

Dangles
Dangles

Got this unit. Same problem. After around 2 years. Wont buy another one.

Greg from QLD.

Greg from QLD.QLD

Good HD LCD TV

I have owned this TV for almost 4 years and have it switched on at least half day and night 7 days a week, and I love the clear picture. I have it connected to my Toshiba XDE 1080p upscaling DVD player with USB playback, connected by HDMI, and this suits us fine but it has its limitations. For e.g I need to plug my Playstation in to watch HD on my USB because the TV doesn't have a USB and my DVD player wont recognise HD files. I payed $600.00 in 2008 at Hervey Norman for my TV and $120.00 at Dick Smith for my DVD.
It was my first HD LCD TV so I liked everything about it especially HDMI for the PS3.
No USB

rbw42

rbw42

Good

This is a great TV. We got it on special at Good Guys and it was at least $200 cheaper than other brands with as good if not better picture quality. Certainly recommend it.
easy setup. Great picture. Good features. Lots of connectors for PC, HDMI etc.
onscreen guide is slightly clunky to use, but not to bad. Electronic program guide only reads for the channels that you are on, so you have to change channels to fill in the program guide and it forgets everything when you turn it off.

Good

This TV does exactly what you would expect. It has a great picture and handles fast moving images very well. It has all the different input types including component and HDMI. The built in speakers actually do a better job of sound than many TVs I have seen. I have put in quite a few hours on Guitar Hero without feeling the need to hook the sound through my stereo.
Good colour, displays motion very well, plenty of inputs, good sound quality.
Had to refer to the manual to work out how to adjust some functions. Relatively thick panel so not so good for mounting on the wall.

alwaysamum

alwaysamumNSW, 2334

Joseph P.

Joseph P.asked

What was the year of manufacture of 42AV500A TV?

Peter D.asked

Can you watch mpeg4 channels on this TV?

Amayzingone

This is a very old TV. Hence from memory it only gets the Standard definition channels. Not HD. ie It doesnt have a HD receiver. According to the specs: Receiving System Digital: DVB-T / Integrated Digital Tuner.

Thanks for that advice

Bill

Billasked

I've got no remote control for my TV, can I download a remote app to turn TV on?

Amayzingone

Go to eBay and search for Toshiba 26AV500A Compatible remote.But be aware this TV is way out of date as it does not receive the HD stations, only 26" size and cannot play or record videos from USB stick. Hence not worth spending money on it. Better seacrh for a used late model 32" (81cm) TV to replace it. Can get TVs less than 3 years old for $100 on Facebook or Gumtree.

Amayzingone

$17.30 delivered. See here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Remote-Control-For-Toshiba-37AV555-42AV554-42AV555-CT-90283-26AV500A-LCD-HDTV-TV/253944670388?hash=item3b204828b4:g:h2EAAOSwe1xazIKu:rk:1:pf:0

Get an answer from our members and Toshiba representatives