H200.II, H200.I, H100.II, H100.I
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features
DKT
DKT

Received a new one this year

disappointedNew South Wales

reliable

had my van for 15 years very happy no problems only cost is usual servicing materials as i do my own services every 5000 k
spoken to many owners seems lots of problems caused from neglect and abuse with thoughts drive it till it stops.

Purchased in January 2005 at castle hill toyota for $22,000.00.

Raoul K.
Raoul K.South East Queensland, QLD

Solid workhorse

This is the second of this series Hiace I have owned, both 3lt diesel, first one auto, this one manual. Do a lot of highway kms, probably around 60%, currently has about 257,000kms on it. The van is relatively comfortable, although a bit noisy on the highway. I have not had any problems with it at all other than after a bad batch of fuel I had to replace the fuel filter twice. The diff has been noisy for at least the last 8 years. The auto used quite a bit more fuel than the manual does. I change the oil and filters (air & oil) myself every 5,000kms, seeing I am not paying for labour it's not that expensive to try and ensure a bit of reliability.

Purchased in January 2013 for $25,000.00.

Lucy T
Lucy TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Purchased in August 2019 for $8,200.00.

767,000 Km and still a daily driver!

My 2004 Toyota Hiace fual fuel, 5 speed manual has over 767000 km and still going strong on interstate trips. Changed the power steering belt, engine mounts, and rocker cover seal. Its also due for a reconditioned or 2nd hand differential soon ($750 fitted).
Highly reccomended. Not selling it even when I buy a newer van which I will because my Hiace has no safety tech.

Purchased in April 2019 for $4,300.00.

J B.

Happy to have Toyota representatives restore it a bit for me ! The gear linkages are sometimes sticky. Drive it from Sydney to Newcastle on the weekend and it didnt skip a best! What a reliable van! Never selling it.

J B.

Happy for Toyota to put in a new differential for me and loosen my gear box linkages but this Toyota Hiace is bulletproof!

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Fiona L
Fiona LCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

300,000 kms and Still Going Strong!

Purchased in August 2019.

timmo
timmoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The ride in a 2017 Hiace like a bronco

Purchased in June 2017 for $29,000.00.

PhilB
PhilBNew South Wales

Horrendous servicing costs

Purchased in April 2014 for $24,000.00.

Tim
TimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great campervan conversion

I live in a hiace commuter which I have converted into a campervan which has gone without a hitch over the last 240,000km. I have friends who have driven more than 1million km in their 90'e hiaces (mine is a 2000 model). The fuel economy is not amazing compared to brand new Mercedes sprinter vans and ivecos which get upwards of 1000km per tank, but the money saved on servicing a Toyota instead of a European car has made owning this van even more worth it. Definitely recommend a hiace commuter for vanlife! You won't regret it.

Purchased in July 2017 for $7,000.00.

This van is a Lemon

I purchased this van at 195,000km and I have now done just over 200,000km. I have spent nearly $10,000 on repairs. ZL 3.0 diesel.
DPF filter removal $1500.00, High pressure fuel pump and fuel injectors $4800.00. Numerous other repairs. I have lot faith in the old reliable Hiace and I am looking to get rid of this vehicle.
This is a work vehicle for my business and has had too much time off the road. I know it's done the kms but too many problems.
My mechanic says he has other clients that have had issues with theirs too.

Purchased in September 2015 for $18,500.00.

CAROLE23
CAROLE23Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the van.

I , like a previous reviewer, am concerned about the way Hiace performs in high winds, is there anything that can be done, I'm a 71 yr old grey nomad , and I'm very scared at times.
I get this serviced every time it's due, it's a great vehicle..
It had 390,00 on the clock when I bought it June 2017, and I have done 20, 000 so far.
It's easy to drive, except for windy conditions.

BadgeFrontline
Engine Size2.7L
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedJune 2017
Mat
MatOrange

Really scary and uncomfortable

Had to use this when Ford Transit Custom was being serviced. Only ok for short drivers, cabin space - headroom and foot space very cramped, moves around heaps - in a scary way in the wind. In the wet the steering is where you hope to go - you might go somewhere else though. Its just bad. Boss likes reliability but transit has 300,000km with no problems. Hiace also uses far more fuel.

Badge(No Badge)
Engine Size0
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Tom
TomSydney

Fantastic Van - Perfect for our needs!

Bought the van a year ago had 245,000 on the clock. Stripped it out and converted it into a campervan. Runs a treat and have already racked up 30,000km. Still runs exactly how I bought it, no dramas! Would recommend it to anyone looking to buy one for either work or leisure.

BadgeCommuter
Engine Size2.7L
Date PurchasedSept 2017
Michael
MichaelPerth

Most uncomfortable van on the market

My employer changed my van from a Renault traffic to a brand new Hiace. Now I want to get a different job as I have a 1 hr commute. It’s hard to get in and out off. It’s the most uncomfortable van. Noisy, it sounds like a tractor. I feel so unsafe, I am squashed into the front bumper.
I have no room for anything in the cab.
It’s not very economical either. It’s like an example of how not to make a van.
Worst van I’ve ever had

BadgeSuper GL
WheelbaseSuper Long
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Jessica Jade Wong
Jessica Jade WongQueensland.

Perfect for our work!

When looking around we needed a van that fit our medium sized containers and found at the dealer this was the best option. Many years later we have only had to get a few things fixed and services come back good almos all the time. The only small issue is we had to replace the side sliding door handle twice but we do use it a lot!

BadgeFrontline
Engine Size2.5L Turbo
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Read more reviews - page 2

Hammer Denasked
HiAce H200.II (2010-2021)

Hi all, I have a 2018 SLWB and I’m looking to change the driver and passenger seats to a more supportive and comfortable pair, Are there any that would be an easy swap? Cheers in advance
Den

disappointed

you could have problems with rego and insurance if you do not get seats that comply with standards matching the seats already fitted you may need engineering certificate you need make enquires before going ahead

Hammer Den

Thanks for the reply, getting appropriate engineering certification is not a problem, my question is what seats are compatible? Sadly the Toyota seats are truly appalling, it’s a shame they don’t give an upgrade option when you buy the vehicle

disappointed

ok why not take seats to upholsterer and have them rebuild them to suit you

Syd Martin asked
HiAce H200.II (2010-2021)

Is there a front end problem causing unusually high tyre wear in 2020 hi ace. My tyres needs replacing at 30000km. Have had all services including tyre rotation. The wear was reported at 20000km. I got 60000km from new 2015 model and 90000km from 2009. I heard there are issues with current model.

disappointed

take back to dealer and insist they fix other then that take to front end expert and have him check for problems then go back to dealer if problem found,

Jake asked
HiAce

Does a 2016 hiace seat fit in a 2005 model?

disappointed

i have a 2005 model petrol and seems the later model will fit, maybe a difference in material and colour,

Jake

So should just fit straight in you reckon the driver side seat

disappointed

would be very surprised if they changed floor design

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Compare all 4 Toyota HiAce