Amazing little car

I bought this 2010 Yaris second hand with 6000 kms on the clock as my first car. In 5 years we clocked up 70,000 kms of mostly inner city driving (less than 20 mins each way at about 50kms) and this car had zero issues. We serviced it regularly at Toyota Camberwell every 6 months and this thing just goes! We are now looking to buy a second car and reading up of some of the issues with Euro cars and Fords, I am seriously tempted to get another Yaris.

If i am being pedantic, the only downsides of the car are related to driving experience and fuel;
-Fuel costs; we use unleaded 91 and spend about $95 per 1000km which is a lot of money spent to run such a little engine.
-1.3 engine is pretty gutless as expected. You really feel it when there is someone in the passenger seat. If the car has more than two adults then its reaaally slow to accelerate.
-It can feel a bit shaky on the highway. More stable with extra people in the car but then it slows down. Go figure!
-Handling isn't great overall.
-Driving position is very high, which again makes it feel a bit shaky at high speeds.

Upsides: Excellent boot space for a tiny car.
Super reliable and cheap(but not dirt cheap) to service.
Great city car as it is small
Not a whole lot of electronics in the 2010 model so not much to fail. There is no bluetooth but it has a USB so you can connect your phone

Purchased for $10,000.00.

Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Clever Little Car-Perfect for suburb runs

Bought a used 2016 Toyota Yaris Accent 1.3L Auto Hatch from a car rental company with 58,000 km on the clock.
Got this car for suburb runs, supermarket, post office and for my L plater son to practice.
So far I am impressed with the features that came with the car namely reverse camera, touch screen, blue tooth, cruise control, VSC (vehicle stability control), ABS, 7 airbags and a good stereo system. Fuel consumption is OK not fantastic for a 1.3L hatch averaging about 7L/100km.
Suspension can be a bit jiggly on uneven road surface but overall it absorb shocks pretty well for a small car. Power is sufficient-just but will struggle if travelling with 4 adults on winding country roads with uphill and downhill. For the money, I am satisfied with what this car has to offer and for short distance low occupancy commute.
As a car enthusiast, this car will be easy to maintain as there's heaps of space in the engine compartment to work with. In my opinion, this car is decently built and will serve my family for the next 10 years or so without much of a hiccup.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Such a great car

Such a great car. Never had an issue in the 9 years of having the car. Zippy, easy to park, fits in most spots. Still roomy enough to fit a pram and baby stuff in the back. Baby capsule also. Toyota is very reliable and service centre is very communicative.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Great little car

Just purchased one for my mum brand new from the dealer. Great little car. Cheap to maintain and drives on the smell of an oily rag.
The car is comfortable and comes with all the latest bells and whistles.
I certainly would recommend the Yaris for an everyday car for anybody young or old.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great little car!

I bought my 2010 Toyota Yaris 3 Door Hatchback from second hand seller few months ago. I love driving this little beauty and has never let me down since I bought it. Got great fuel economy with an engine capacity of 1.3 litre. For a small car it's got good power! It runs great uphill and takes off quickly. Good audio system with bluetooth and the audio is clear as day. However one of the flaws of my car is because the colour is blue, the paint coat is peeling (probably from the sun) on the roof and little bit on the bonnet but have heard this is a common problem for blue Yaris. Another flaw of my car is the passenger door will not work with the central locking remote (have to manually lock it from outside/inside) so unsure if this was a recall. Overall apart from the 2 flaws I mentioned, I would definitely recommend this car. Can never go wrong with Toyota!
Update: I got my door fixed

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great Car only a few wishes

The Yaris IS a great car. Reliable, reasonably priced, low mileage, etc. The only issues are:
: Why did they not stay with digital speedo. So difficult to see 50 KPH in the 50 KPH speed areas.
: The 1.3 auto is a bit gutless. Wish I had stayed with the manual. This is my issue and should not really reflect on the car as it still get around OK. But nice to have a bit more power when you need it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great car and great value for money

I just recently purchased my new Toyota Yaris (silver pearl) and was very pleased with the experience. I highly recommend Kieran from Toyota Lander Blacktown.

The car runs smooth and although small, it’s very spacious inside and packs good power. Definitely a god buy and can be used in short or long drives.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good small car

I bought a new one on Dec 2011 and drove it everyday for commuting and every needs. I had 3 minor accident but the car was perfect and never troubled me. I serviced it regularly and never had to do any extra service. Fuel consumption was 7-8 Litre/100kg which was a bit higher than the manufacturer's claim

Date PurchasedDec 2011

Really nice car, just needs a bigger engine!

I use my car pretty regularly! I don't drive to work, but I'm using it most nights to get to all my after work activities and lots of weekend driving including fairly often hour+ drives using motorways etc.
It's just me that uses the car so I don't often have passengers, but I do often fill it with sporting equipment, my swag, luggage and the like.
I find that it runs really nicely, but when I have a couple of passengers, heavy luggage or a motorway to drive up-hill on then I feel the lag and notice the smaller engine (I previously had a 1.5 Prius engine).
I got the extra protective coating to help fight against bat/bird droppings and I love that too!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

It has saved me so much time

I drive my car everywhere, to university, work and other events practically almost everyday. I service my car every 6-9 months and there has never been an issue with it. In a place like Sydney, parking can be a nightmare. This car has saved me so many times from walking far distances from my destination because it can fit into smaller spaces that other cars could not get into. It is extremely reliable in every sense and has never given me any issues. Great features and everything you need in a car.

One downside may be the boot space, but its only slightly inconvenient when I have bulky items which is rare.

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Love this car!

Such a great reliable car, very affordable as well! Even though there isn’t a lot of space on the back seat, the front seats are so spacious and comfortable.

There are also so many drink holders - I especially love the one right next to the steering wheel for my coffee; and there are three glove boxes, very is very handy!

Date PurchasedOct 2014

I'm glad we are getting rid of it!

Our personal experience was terrible!! It was our son's first car and all he had was troubles. It stalled and would start shaking and dying while standing on red lights or similar. Couple times it died in the middle of a busy roundabout and all I could see that one day might end up tragically becasue the car kept dying whenever he would take his foot of the gas. We visited Toyota service numerous times but they kept saying it was nothing. All they did was raising the motor turns so it doesn't keep turning off but still without putting it in neutral it would start shaking and turn off eventually. So, we had some car...very disappointed but happy to say goodbye yaris.

Date PurchasedMar 2008

Toyota Yaris

I am concerned about my Toyota Yaris..I heard the airbags are faulty.The car is about 3 years old..
I'm glad I bought the Yaris,it's so easy to park and to do a u turn..It's easy on petrol too.
Plenty of room in the interior,great to go camping in if your on your own...

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great little car

I purchased this little car 4 years ago and I am still loving it. It has given me no issues so far and runs really well. It is a great car for inner city living and zipping around the city. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something economical and small.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Tiny reliable car

The Yaris performs very well. Never had a problem with it since purchasing in 2015. No noise and hassle. It has a reverse camera which is very useful. The tiny body makes it very comfortable to drive in narrow roads. It is very fuel efficient and reliable even on long drives. Toyota really delivers!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

2013 Toyota Yaris

Really strong for a 1.3L. Great for parking in the city as it is a tiny car. A lot of space for shopping and a shoe wardrobe if you need. Very quiet too. Good legroom if you want to have a nap on a lunch break. Reliable car and really good fuel efficiency.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Love this car. So glad i upgraded

This is an excellent car, cheap to run,very quiet motor, love the interior, handles just perfectly, performance is just as it should be, plenty of leg room, great interior colours on the seats, gps is a godsend, and had rhe wi dows tinted for cooler incside during the hot queensland summers.

Engine Size$14,000
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Perfect first car

Bought this as my first car to learn manual in and honestly such a good choice, steering is lovely and is a joy to drive, extremely fuel efficient and small size is easy to park. Have had absolutely no issues with the car at all. Although small feels surprisingly roomy inside.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJan 2015

Well Marketed

Well designed and marketed vehicle. Small, short, wide wheel based. Handles like a go cart. Three gears auto gutsy small city car. Steers boldly with great torque for engine size. Spacey and comfortable. Economical and cheap to run. Really a two seater. Sporty ride and pulls up sweet. OK on highway for a small car. Almost a mini cruiser. Good vision all round. More fun than my Mazda 2 Sedan and just as zippy. Good boot for size and comfy seats. Not the safest car because of its size - good value for money - mini bodge box

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Can't live without my car

I have a 2016 Toyota Yaris and I can't brag enough about it. It's the perfect size for myself and the bluetooth system works flawlessly to connect my music and phone calls. The price I paid of $17000 was very reasonable for a brand new car and fuel economy is great, getting about 500km on a $40 full tank.

Date PurchasedAug 2016