Toyota Yaris

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

My Hatchback Baby Daisy

I love Daisy she goes when she hot or cold she runs through the trees Daisy sees things before me left or right Which way I want to go .turns in circles which way I go We stand together at a sight looking left and right I cannot do without her I did for a month and all was a frump she needs so little I fix her every month wash and clean and she feels so neat she runs for weeks Thank You Toyota for her so much Iam never in a rush Just try one and you will see the little white Yaris is for us G Sutton

Best small car

I absolutely love my yaris even though it looks small on the outside it is quite spacious such a good engine on the car too you will never be disappointed

Purchased in September 2018 for $16,699.00.

Year2018
Comfort

Goes beyond my best expectations

I have had my car almost 7 years and its always been reliable. I have had to use it extensively when doing home nursing and also transporting clients. Petrol consumption is very economical. Its the best and most reliable car I've ever had.

Purchased in April 2013 for $16,500.00.

The Bullet proof Reliability

i am a full time Uber driver and i drive hundreds of Kilometers ever day

over the period i have driven many cars , but i finally stopped at Toyota yaris

it has immense reliability i am so sure because i drive for living . i put so many kilometers on my 2012 Toyota over the past few years never had a single break down or spending other than oil changes

if you see the engine of this car Toyota uses same engine for 2002 model to 2019 nearly identical in shape that is from where reliability comes from its time tested Toyota dont tests new stuff in this car they use older time tested technology in this car

with speed limit so low in Australia it wont be a problem in driving this car , its cheap economical and most importantly reliable even if you put it under the Abuse of Full time UBER driving

Purchased in October 2016 at Pickles Auctions for $9,000.00.

Such a great little car

I purchased the Yaris this year second hand barely any kms on it - such a good little car! Comfy, cheap on fuel, amazing sound system and it has such a great turning circle!

I use my Yaris daily to get me to and from work it’s only down fall is it could have more power behind it as pulling out on highways it’s really pedal to the metal to get it going
I reckon a rally spec Yaris would be the best purchase

Purchased in January 2019 at Toyota Dealers.

Small reliable car

I got this as a second car for my family to run errands like groceries and other day to day activities. It has proven to be very fuel efficient.

The drive is ok. Not the best but hey, you can't compare this to a car that cost $30,000 or more.

The car has a Tiptronic transmission. If you are used to CVT like me, you got to adjust yourself to Tiptronic again.

The car has a fairly large boot for a small car. It comes with a 1.3L 4 cyc engine. Most car in this range comes in 3 cyc so that's a plus.

I was hoping to get alloy wheels but, it comes with steel as standard which is a shame.

Purchased in February 2019 for $9,000.00.

Comfort

Good reliable car. Driving dynamics average

We bought this car a few years ago and has served us well. The only disappointment is the poor driving position and handling. The high drivers seat feels quite unnatural

Purchased in September 2017 for $4,999.00.

Year2008

well matched 4 speed auto
good finish all over
3 year service special with Toyota makes it one of the cheaper makes to run
good fuel economy
sound system and sat nav are of good quality
not badly priced

Purchased in February 2019 at Toyota Dealers for $20,000.00.

Year2018
Features

Daughter enjoys her Yaris.

My daughter loves her Yaris, purchased from a dealer in January 2019 it has everything plus some. Auto headlights, blue tooth, USB ports, cruise control, great fuel economy, reversing camera, plus 7 air bags. Everything we could want in a small car that makes a mum not worry.

Purchased in January 2019.

My favorite car !

I bought Yaris ZR 2015. It is very cute car.i use for transport to my child bring school and pick up, go to grocery stores and Bunnings , go to mountains with friends. Car is compact but you can carry very enough goods in this car. It can not being bike in car .but maybe smallest children bike are ok. Iam using everyday and never regret for this car. My car is cute yellow , so very easy to find my car everywhere. I think especially women likes this car ,I often see same car as me when I am driving . And also my friends often find me when I am driving . Mirror is move easy and very clear . And navigation is easy touch panel . I love it. Really so easy to use even when I am driving . And there have hands free phone too. You can use swich bottuns on handle for volumes and changing channels for radio and get phone call too. Phone can connect by Bluetooth. seats are adjustments by hand bar and easy puss and move to forwards and back.even child can do it. Very light . And seats are made by fabric .this is only bad things . My child often eat foods in the car and make dirty . I should cover seats before I use. Front seats have a two cup holder near hand brake.and also CDand DVD player . You can show your child DVD in your car too. But maybe not so easy to see from back seats. Price were around 24000$ . Mine was sports type . It is good price too. There are more cheap car like other brand car. But Toyota car is always good quality and service and maintainance.i go to maintain car every months. And I go to Toyota shop for it. They have courtesy bus and they can bring you home and pick up when finished car maintenance. They are very polit too.

Purchased in February 2015 for $24,500.00.

Amazing little car

I bought this 2010 Yaris second hand with 6000 kms on the clock as my first car. In 5 years we clocked up 70,000 kms of mostly inner city driving (less than 20 mins each way at about 50kms) and this car had zero issues. We serviced it regularly at Toyota Camberwell every 6 months and this thing just goes! We are now looking to buy a second car and reading up of some of the issues with Euro cars and Fords, I am seriously tempted to get another Yaris.

If i am being pedantic, the only downsides of the car are related to driving experience and fuel;
-Fuel costs; we use unleaded 91 and spend about $95 per 1000km which is a lot of money spent to run such a little engine.
-1.3 engine is pretty gutless as expected. You really feel it when there is someone in the passenger seat. If the car has more than two adults then its reaaally slow to accelerate.
-It can feel a bit shaky on the highway. More stable with extra people in the car but then it slows down. Go figure!
-Handling isn't great overall.
-Driving position is very high, which again makes it feel a bit shaky at high speeds.

Upsides: Excellent boot space for a tiny car.
Super reliable and cheap(but not dirt cheap) to service.
Great city car as it is small
Not a whole lot of electronics in the 2010 model so not much to fail. There is no bluetooth but it has a USB so you can connect your phone

Purchased in February 2014 for $10,000.00.

Year2010

Clever Little Car-Perfect for suburb runs

Bought a used 2016 Toyota Yaris Accent 1.3L Auto Hatch from a car rental company with 58,000 km on the clock.
Got this car for suburb runs, supermarket, post office and for my L plater son to practice.
So far I am impressed with the features that came with the car namely reverse camera, touch screen, blue tooth, cruise control, VSC (vehicle stability control), ABS, 7 airbags and a good stereo system. Fuel consumption is OK not fantastic for a 1.3L hatch averaging about 7L/100km.
Suspension can be a bit jiggly on uneven road surface but overall it absorb shocks pretty well for a small car. Power is sufficient-just but will struggle if travelling with 4 adults on winding country roads with uphill and downhill. For the money, I am satisfied with what this car has to offer and for short distance low occupancy commute.
As a car enthusiast, this car will be easy to maintain as there's heaps of space in the engine compartment to work with. In my opinion, this car is decently built and will serve my family for the next 10 years or so without much of a hiccup.

BadgeAscent
Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Such a great car

Such a great car. Never had an issue in the 9 years of having the car. Zippy, easy to park, fits in most spots. Still roomy enough to fit a pram and baby stuff in the back. Baby capsule also. Toyota is very reliable and service centre is very communicative.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Great little car

Just purchased one for my mum brand new from the dealer. Great little car. Cheap to maintain and drives on the smell of an oily rag.
The car is comfortable and comes with all the latest bells and whistles.
I certainly would recommend the Yaris for an everyday car for anybody young or old.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great little car!

I bought my 2010 Toyota Yaris 3 Door Hatchback from second hand seller few months ago. I love driving this little beauty and has never let me down since I bought it. Got great fuel economy with an engine capacity of 1.3 litre. For a small car it's got good power! It runs great uphill and takes off quickly. Good audio system with bluetooth and the audio is clear as day. However one of the flaws of my car is because the colour is blue, the paint coat is peeling (probably from the sun) on the roof and little bit on the bonnet but have heard this is a common problem for blue Yaris. Another flaw of my car is the passenger door will not work with the central locking remote (have to manually lock it from outside/inside) so unsure if this was a recall. Overall apart from the 2 flaws I mentioned, I would definitely recommend this car. Can never go wrong with Toyota!
Update: I got my door fixed

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great Car only a few wishes

The Yaris IS a great car. Reliable, reasonably priced, low mileage, etc. The only issues are:
: Why did they not stay with digital speedo. So difficult to see 50 KPH in the 50 KPH speed areas.
: The 1.3 auto is a bit gutless. Wish I had stayed with the manual. This is my issue and should not really reflect on the car as it still get around OK. But nice to have a bit more power when you need it.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great car and great value for money

I just recently purchased my new Toyota Yaris (silver pearl) and was very pleased with the experience. I highly recommend Kieran from Toyota Lander Blacktown.

The car runs smooth and although small, it’s very spacious inside and packs good power. Definitely a god buy and can be used in short or long drives.

BadgeAscent
Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good small car

I bought a new one on Dec 2011 and drove it everyday for commuting and every needs. I had 3 minor accident but the car was perfect and never troubled me. I serviced it regularly and never had to do any extra service. Fuel consumption was 7-8 Litre/100kg which was a bit higher than the manufacturer's claim

BadgeYRS
Date PurchasedDec 2011

Really nice car, just needs a bigger engine!

I use my car pretty regularly! I don't drive to work, but I'm using it most nights to get to all my after work activities and lots of weekend driving including fairly often hour+ drives using motorways etc.
It's just me that uses the car so I don't often have passengers, but I do often fill it with sporting equipment, my swag, luggage and the like.
I find that it runs really nicely, but when I have a couple of passengers, heavy luggage or a motorway to drive up-hill on then I feel the lag and notice the smaller engine (I previously had a 1.5 Prius engine).
I got the extra protective coating to help fight against bat/bird droppings and I love that too!

BadgeYRS
Date PurchasedSep 2015

It has saved me so much time

I drive my car everywhere, to university, work and other events practically almost everyday. I service my car every 6-9 months and there has never been an issue with it. In a place like Sydney, parking can be a nightmare. This car has saved me so many times from walking far distances from my destination because it can fit into smaller spaces that other cars could not get into. It is extremely reliable in every sense and has never given me any issues. Great features and everything you need in a car.

One downside may be the boot space, but its only slightly inconvenient when I have bulky items which is rare.

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedOct 2016

2006 yarris tail lights do not turn on... fuse is ok
I don't work for Toyota so have no idea about that one. Hopefully someone can help you.

my 2015 yaris had the right side door mirror broken off ever since the abs/ trac control lights are on all the time have checked all fuses
You would have to check with Toyota as I don't have any idea about these things.Ok thanks

I bought 2014 Toyota Yaris Hatchback. When i bought it the bluetooth devices are full but unable to remove it and as the devices are full, i am unable to connect mine with its system. Should i reset it?
You should be able to delete any or all previous connections. I am not driving the Yaris as I have passed it to my son but it was pretty easy to delete when I fiddled with the display, Just play with the buttons on the display and you’ll soon discover the delete button.

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Manual (2011-2019)Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Auto (2011-2019)Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Manual (2011-2019)Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Auto (2011-2019)Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R ZR (2011-2019)Toyota Yaris XP10 (2000-2005)Toyota Yaris XP90.I (2005-2013)Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR (2011-2014)Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRS (2006-2015)Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRX (2009-2014)Toyota Yaris XP90.II (2008-2016)
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars, Hatchbacks and SedansCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
Starting Price $15,390$16,920$18,080$19,610$22,570$16,190$16,890$21,390
TransmissionManualAutomaticManualAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Automatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolHybridPetrol
Wheels15" Steel15" Steel15" Steel15" Steel15" Alloy14" Steel15" Steel15" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors55555555
Seats55555555
Fuel Consumption5.8 L/100km6.4 L/100km5.9 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.3 L/100km5.8 L/100km6.3 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power63kW @ 6000rpm63kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm63kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque120Nm @ 4600rpm120Nm @ 4600rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm121Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4200rpm141Nm @ 4200rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Extra Features
  • Automatic Headlights
  • Voice Control
  • Power Steering
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2000Oct 2005Dec 2011Dec 2006Dec 2009Oct 2008
Discontinuation dateSep 2005Sep 2013Dec 2014Dec 2015Dec 2014Dec 2016