Toyota Yaris
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Features
Lisa S.
Lisa S.South East Queensland, QLD

Paint started peeling

Car used for commuting to work. Mainly parked under cover.
Car used approx 5 days per week
Serviced as per schedule
No mechanical issues
Issue with paint peeling at approx 6 years old. Peeling all along bottom of back window and spots of peeling paint on roof and bonnet. It is the clear coat that is peeling. Can see this has occurred with many yaris cars by looking at other complaints online.

Purchased in March 2014 at Toyota Dealers for $18,000.00.

Wonderful little bus

Bought a 2006 4 door hatchback for $2000 a year ago and have been over the moon with how it's been. Reliable, zippy enough to get around without any fuss, fantastic fuel economy regardless of whether it's city or highway driving. Surprisingly spacious for a small car, i have fit bikes in the boot with the seats down. I like the digital dash as well, makes it feel more modern than it is. Initially I bought it as a stop gap but have no intention of selling it any time soon.

Purchased in October 2019 for $2,000.00.

Geoff H
Geoff HRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Economical and easy to drive

I love this car.For a micro it is roomy and well powered.It has been reliable.Only fault was an oxygen sensor at 110,000 k which made it stop revving when it had run for about 1/2 hr.Easy fix.No other mech probs in 140'000 ks

Purchased in August 2017 for $5,000.00.

heidijaneh
heidijaneh

Such a reliable car

I just use this car for running around the city. It is easy to maintain. Cost effective. I like that seats can go down so I can slide surprisingly large items in! It's small and easy to park. Love the reverse camera. I get it serviced regularly and no issues other than a high clutch point, which is a preference thing.

Purchased in July 2015 at Toyota Dealers.

BandziorQueensland, 4169

Keeps its value and not easy to get a second hand

Surprisingly the model keeps its high resale value. Probably it is the most expensive in its class. What you get is legendary Toyotas' reliability. The good thing is that parts and maintenance are on the cheaper end.

Purchased in October 2019.

TransmissionAutomatic

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Best car I've ever driven

During many years I have driven all kinds of cars from VW, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota Corolla, plus more. My Yaris is the most reliable, zippy and comfortable car I have ever driven and I go everywhere in it. Because it is small it is easy to park and its power and fuel efficiency are great. There is only one thing I don't like about my car and that is its name 'Yaris". It sounds like an exotic animal.

Purchased in March 2020 for $12,500.00.

SMT
SMTAU

Fantastic and reliable car

Fantastic and reliable car. Extremely good on petrol, trouble free, easy to park and pleasant to drive in the city. I bought it for my wife and I take it now and then as it's so much fun to drive.

Purchased in October 2019.

Peter S.
Peter S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Powerful, Cheap to Own and All the comforts.

I use my 2011 Yaris daily "Bought it quite a few years ago", and it still zips past cars on steeply inclined highways at around 110 k's whilst using 98 Octane, and thats even when I have three passengers and the back hatch full of stuff..

The trick is to keep the old girl well maintained, and at around 200 bucks a year that's excellent, Oh and I would highly recommend you use 95 Octane as I get a crap ton of more k's that way, and when youre about to do a highway run fill er up with 98 Octane, That way you have more power and amazing fuel Economy, don't forget to give the old girl a boot now and then on acceleration to clear her up and stop it from getting lazy..

Purchased in March 2017 at Toyota Dealers for $9,000.00.

Marrie
MarrieSydney, NSW

Small and fuel efficient

I recently purchased a Toyota Yaris for a few reasons. Fuel efficient, with the rate of fuel prices I think this small car was a smart move. It’s small and easy to park and the stereo sounds great.

Purchased in January 2020.

CarlaT
CarlaT

Love my little Yaris

I bought this car brand new and its still going strong. never had any issues with her and would recommend buying a Yaris to anyone looking for a small car

Purchased in June 2005 for $20,000.00.

Faithful servant.Old friend.

My philosophy, zero to five years ,buy any brand,they will all be reliable in that time frame,five to ten years the little Yaris starts pushing its nose in front,Ten years on the Yaris is a clear winner,the mechanics of this little car have remained unchanged for years ,for a very good reason.

Purchased in June 2012 for $7,000.00.

Sarah
SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks lovely, is roomy, but to drive it is awful

Purchased in May 2019 for $15,990.00.

Mina B.
Mina B.Sydney, NSW

Perfect

Save petrol. Big from inside. Has all options. Easy to service it. Liable car. I have been driving 2015 Yaris and I have no problem. It is now 135000 km without any problem

Purchased in March 2015 for $17,000.00.

Goutham K.
Goutham K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This car made my life easier

I use this car everyday for work, gym, college and weekend trips. Very nice and zippy car easy to park in city streets. No mechanical issues till now and very low maintenance vehicle.

Purchased in April 2017 at Carsales.com.au for $3,400.00.

TransmissionManual

Perfect little car

My car is for personal use. Just around my suburb normally. I have 2 car seats in the back. I've had 1 service so far and it was good customer service. The people at Mornington Toyota were great to deal with.
The only issue with the car is that is a bit loud but doesn't bother me that much. Get about 400km out of a tank. When the fuel is good I pay about $40-$45 to full it

Purchased in March 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $16,999.00.

Read more reviews - page 2