UBank USave

UBank USave

Iman D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Customer Service

We have been contacting UBank to have our account closed and that request has been ongoing for a little over a month now. The agents we speak to continually assure us that they will come back to us for updates but we have not received any to date. I would be steering clear of UBank after this experience.

UBankUBank

Hi Iman, we're sorry to hear this, could you please private message us your full name and contact number and I'll have a member of our complaints team contact you and get this sorted out.

Sent

Frustration

I spent a long time trying to transfer money into the account of a company so I could pay a bill. I tried CHAT a few times with no resolution - the so called Tech team have never contacted me. When I tried phoning I could not get on but eventually did when I rang just after opening hours. We managed to pay the bill with the person on the phone doing the transfer for me somehow, but I still cannot transfer money using my computer or my wife's computer or my Ipad or my Phone. It is extremely frustrating. I will be closing this account once I somehow manage to transfer money.

UBankUBank

Hello, we can understand your frustration! Would you mind sending us a private message with your full name so we can look into what's going wrong here for you?

Michael
Michael

I have contacted ubank via Chat and phone but I still cannot transfer money via my computer, iPad, phone, or my wife's computer. The ubank page indicates success, but no money transfers. So currently I cannot pay anybody.

Peter

PeterSydney

Our experience is excellent

We had this account for few years, sill having one and recommending it to everyone. Customer service is excellent and we did made few stuff-ups ourselves, but UBank staff was excellent in delivering.

Our recommendation is to use internal mailing system, they response is second to none.

Great work NAB with UBank.

UBankUBank

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to review us! We love hearing from our happy customers!

Find out how UBank USave compares to other Savings Accounts

Logging into my account, customer service response

I try to log into my account but it always comes up with Maintenance issue. I send emails to their contact department.. no answer... ever! I also withdrew money and it then did not show up on my account so I withdrew again, both amounts came through to my bank.. what is going on with their website and customer service?????

Jodie m

Jodie mWimmera, VIC

Confusing.

Even after persisting, this app didn't work for me. It's overly complicated and disappointing. I was originally drawn in by the higher return, but in the end to make my banking simple, I went back to my old bank. However I contacted them online for assistance and the customer support service was good.

Decs

DecsSydney, NSW

Sweep is the worst thing ever

Automatically set up from the begging and you can never turn it off, only adjust the amounts. Combined with a terrible app and website layout and usability, one of the most frustrating banking experiences one can have.

Flagged

FlaggedPerth, WA

Misleading and disappointing

kh.llewellyn

kh.llewellynRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Poor customer service

Adam G.

Adam G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I haven't had any issues yet

I was directed to UBank by the Barefoot Investor and the highest interest rate going. I didn't quite understand at first how to receive the bonus rate and how the automatic "swing" worked from your everyday transaction account, but once I did (after a brief phone call with an operator) it's actually pretty neat. The interface does feel a little bit ancient, but the tech is pretty cool.

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stupid internet banking system nearly everytime has error show up with oracle error message, could not even change contact email. Call centre could not do anything and wait for 30minutes at least

Hi Ho Silver

Hi Ho SilverSydney, NSW

Ubank bug when recategorizing income/expenses

Part of what I need to do at Ubank is to recategorise my transactions to make sense of my spending. Using phones for payments means you end up with lots of small transactions that flood your account statements. You can at least group them by categories but the categorisations are often wrong so you need to recategorise them. However I get thrown out of Ubank on a web browser when I try to recategorise an expense. Ubank says they are aware of the software bug. SO WHY DON'T THEY FIX IT?

Sandra L.

Sandra L.Perth, WA

Too long to transfer money

Ubank looked promising but it takes 1-2 business days to transfer money through your accounts or to another person. Personally, this is too long, especially if you need to pay someone on the spot

Cam

CamSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very poor customer service.

Customer representatives do not seem to know nor care whether they are doing the right thing by their customers. The extra interest rate they provide may not compensate for the poor customer service they provide.

Kirsten E

Kirsten ESydney, NSW

Used to be a great product but there are a lot of other options out there which are better

sarah

sarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highest rate ALWAYS!

I have been with Ubank Usaver since it started and it ALWAYS offers the best savings rate consistently. Part of NAB Bank so very safe and secure. All transactions can be actioned on line even opening an account. Very simple, straightforward and easy to understand and operate. I would highly recommend as the best available rate on the market.

alice

aliceunderwood

My money suddenly disappears from my account

I am a new customer and only with Ubank a few days, when I login the balance was correctly displayed in my account. When I tried to do external transfer, my balance suddenly disappeared and only showed up “0” form my saving account, I was so shocked and very concern that why has had that happen and make a call to them, finally it was fixed and they didn't make any apology or response to this incident, perhaps they intend to block you from external transfer.
It was a horrible experience and their behavior is absolutely unacceptable.

james_winchester

james_winchester

This app is a piece of rubbish

jwhero

jwheroNSW, 2118

Great savings product

Competitive interest rates
Stylish debit card
Lots of finance management tools in the online banking platform.
Sleek iOS app experience with an intuitive design.
Needed to call them once to set up Apple Pay. No wait time, issue solved on first call in ~10 mins.

Occasional tech hiccups, e.g. online banking didn’t work on Safari for a while due to an OS update, but was fixed as promised.

Dennis

DennisPerth, WA

Absolutely no problem

I have been with UBank for about 3 years – absolutely no problem.
I have a linked Westpac account that auto deposits $300 monthly to retain the Ultra Account bonus.
I have a Macquarie Bank account linked for most other transactions.
Money transfers overnight.
My deposit sits around $120,000 and at the moment getting 2.87%.
I will add approx another $40,000 EOFY.
Debit visa cards function in other banks ATMS and at Merchants.
Regards Dennis

tony

tonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ubank statements for 2017 wont work

The Ubank interface for bank statements is so clumsy, and just doesn't work. No matter what date range you enter in (one month, two months, six months, 12 months), it just comes back with a message that No statements are available. Even if you select Transaction History as an alternative, that doesn't work either.

Gopi

Gopiasked

I was thinking of changing my mortgage loan from CBA to u bank because it has low interest rate.
After seeing all the reviews Which are not very positive, I am bit confused.
If any one in the same situation please share your thoughts.

binalongbay

binalongbayasked

I have read reviews...a little disappointing. i was thinking of re mortgaging an investment loan with U bank.
As the reviews are a little old ..has the situation improved ad how easy is it to deposit money each fortnight to pay back an investment loan

GPC

GPCasked

Hi
Whats the story with designating my Linked account as a Payee account? Of course its my linked account- Thats where the money came from. I send you a secure email to request information but no answer from YOU. I ring up and wait, and wait on the phone to talk to someone. Only to be told your Linked account is a payee account with a 20k withdrawl limit. I have to wait 10 Days for verification WTF. You make it so difficult to use this account with all your hidden tricks and inability to communicate with your customer. Worst bank Ive ever delt with and the online reviews confirm it.

Get an answer from our members and UBank representatives

CategorySavings Accounts