Wahl KM-SS

Wahl KM-SS

See the Best Pet Grooming Clippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Damo

DamoMelbourne

Great pet clippers for dogs and cats

Have been using for about 2 years. If they stop working make sure you get the blade serviced as I tried to sharpen at home with no success. Once serviced they cut like new again.

Plutha

PluthaPerth

Wahl km ss clipper

Ts

TsBairnsdale

Ok for home use but maybe not for a groomer.

I am a groomer and find the km-ss a bit too week for my liking, one speed is just not enough for hevey use as they get hot and heat up including the blade which I found does Heat up very quickly with most one speeds. I have found it does hurt you're hand after a while I think from the hevey vibration it has.

For home use I think they would be ok but I'm just not a big fan of them.

StewWestern Australia

I found that this is heavy and I can use for a hour at most and they get hot.

I have two poodles and I can't finish both as I find my wrist aches and the unit gets hot, one poodle is bigger than other so I only do half each to cope. I also found that they got hot after a little while of using and have to stop as it burns the dog and I found this also happens with other brands as well, so I don't know why this happens to them as been doing my own poodles for over twenty years with different clippers over the years.

AmandaW

AmandaWNew South Wales, 2076

Excellent for home use - so far so good

I have a Retriever cross border collie and I purchased the basic kit with extra comb sizes #5,6,7 & 8 which I recommend for the Summer versus Winter coat in Sydney. If you read the instructions and clean meticulously - no problems at all. Just be aware of the cooler vent at the base. Safe and easy to use.

MH

MHBrisbane

So far so good

Emj

Emj

Best value for money clipper.

I am a professional groomer and I have a set of these for back up and for doing certain areas. They perform well for the price tag, only second to the wahl 2 speed which has a higher speed as well as the low speed that is on the SS model. Mine have been going strong for years and I have had no problems, they have stepped in plenty of times for me and haven't let me down, they are not super fast but they go well. They are light, easy to handle and I've had no problems with blade heat. Drive lever tips will eventually need to be replaced with a standard drive lever to maintain.
Cost, reliable.
Base model, not high powered but enough for a small dog clip or tidy ups.

Made clipping my dog so much easier

Was impressed with how easily and well these clippers performed. My old clippers got bogged down in my schnauzers coat but these ones glided thru smoothly with no problems giving an even and good looking result. The blades are easy to swap and change. I also appreciated the longer cord length.
Gave a smooth even finish to the clip.
Would be good if kit came with additional length blades not just clip on guide combs

Kirra1987

Kirra1987Qld, 4034

Good for home use

I use these on my toy poodle,they cut her coat well, after using for three years probably once a month, sometimes more, I need to replace the blade. They are very easy to use though they are a little heavy, very noisy and vibrate alot which my dog isn't a fan of. I also find the blade heats up quickly which isn't a big issue if using at home.
Overall they do the job I need them to do but once they stop working I will purchase a different brand that are quieter and have less vibration.
Cuts poodle coat, easy to use, reliable, easy to clean
noisy, vibration, heats up quickly