Microsoft Windows 10

Microsoft Windows 10

See the Best Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Microsoft

ali k.
ali k.South East Queensland, QLD

Useless time-wasting regular updates

Every time I want to use my windows it takes ages to update and then load. It is really annoying. My MacBook does it every now and then and it’s very quick. Maybe a few times a year and my windows, the most horrible experience

Jen Werner
Jen WernerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

CRAP!

Bradley Z.
Bradley Z.Southwest, VIC

Aneurysm inducing. Most outrageous thing Buffalo Bill has unleashed on the world so far.

It's been an entire day and I am still only starting to understand how to create a user that has access to literally anything on the computer. I can't even set a picture. I'm assuming I have to register with an email, but also update to the latest... Let me guess Buffalo Bill also doesn't see this as coercive or constraining. Also, the update is a measly 1gb and I am still waiting 15 minutes later (LAN cable connected) for the bar to move so I can assume progress, as that's the only indicator that the update is even happening.

Linux Wins
Linux WinsTasmania

Lost It

Windows 10 a terrible system when it could be a fantastic operating system. Microsoft need to remove everything but the OS and a few basic applications. Make it like Linux allow the user to choose what software the user wants to use. Take Linux Mint, very easy to install, uses half of the RAM Windows 10 uses. Everything is organised. All Office Applications in a folder called Office, all games in a folder called Games the operating system looks at the software and files it according to its use.

rob

total rubbish

The Chad
The ChadHunter Region, NSW

Windows 10 = I loathe Microsoft Windows 10 - The worlds most Disobedient O/S

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Brendan W.
Brendan W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrid

I normally use Ubuntu but have to use Windows on occasion for proprietary software. Windows 10 is horrible to use. Every time before using there will be a 30m delay while the system completes unwanted updates, spam etc. and tracks data to sell. The system is always sluggish, slowed productivity with crappy animations and often does not work. What a joke. Feel sorry for people who have to use Windows routinely.

peter Cobb
peter CobbSydney, NSW

Terrible....

tristan
tristanSouth East Queensland, QLD

do not i repeat do not allow it to auto update

totally wrecked my computer not allowing any program to work then would not allow me to go back on update if i could shoot the developer in the head i would

Turtle
TurtleNorth-West & West coast, TAS

I thought it was just me.

Windows xp is better. Everything seems to be a total production. Wish my pushing twenty year old computer still worked because this is a step backwards. What are they playing at?

Kev
KevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Uninstalled MS Edge and other bloat for the last time.

I have uninstalled MS bloatware countless times over the years. Uninstalled MS Edge for the 3rd and final time. Surely that must be some form of antitrust law violation? Blatting out competitive software?
MS continually re-installs Edge overwriting my application defaults for browsing, document viewing, etc...
If only half as much focus was put in to file management and the user experience.
All the machines that I manage now run Linux in favor of productivity except for a few that have OS dependent software installed.
I'll be evaluating my MS dependent software licenses and switching over the remaining machines wherever possible despite the initial upfront costs involved.

Gaz
GazSydney, NSW

stupid invasive forced login just to use my operating system

in the last update microsoft have forced you to log into their microsoft account just to use windows, and then use that to spam you with ads for their services. Scummy, unnecessary, and has given me a new hatred for a company that I was beginning to like.

Jac
JacVictoria

Microsoft 10 Very very disappointing

I am an architect so my computer is vital and paramount to my daily routine. Volume 10 has not only increased my CPU by 80% but has installedApps settings that are rubbish shame you Microsoft

lexxel
lexxelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vista was better than windows 10

Never before have I experienced so many problems as in windows 10, from soundcards to keyboards and mice it is truly a very horrible operating system and seriously wish I could still use Windows 8.1

I am having trouble writing this out because the simple fact windows 10 doesn't like the logitech setpoint drivers and if you have a creative labs sound card god help you. The only benefit to windows 10 is that its the only one that allows proper Netflix content through

Microsoft should fix their software - this is absolutely pathetic