• 5 comments
  • 73 helpful votes
Private message

Avoid this company. No care given.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Still waiting on my Easter show tickets to arrive (shame the show is over now). Item had a tracking number, however I found that this is totally useless. Plenty of links on the Aust Post website to find lost mail, yet the staff never bothered to help, always passing the buck to someone else. Have had this happen a few times now. Given up using this terrible service, and would not recommend it to anyone.
If you have similar issues then report this mob to the ombudsman.

Don’t bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Don’t bother using them, it would be faster and more reliable using a pigeon! They promise a service but they cannot deliver.

Disgusted!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Absolutely disgusted at how I was treated by the customer service. A package of mine had been delivered to the wrong address and it was signed for. I let the couriers know that it wasnt delivered to my address. They told me they would get back to me within a few days after they make contact with the driver. After a day they got back to me insisting that my mother signed off on my package on behalf of me which is wrong because I don’t live with my mum and my 4 year old son and I were the only ones home at the time and we were asleep. They informed me that they are no longer going through with the investigation with me but with the sender. They then informed the sender, to which the sender informed me that they will no longer investigate the later because they are sure that I have received my order. This isn’t the first time that my order has been sent to the wrong house but those times I’ve cleared the matter up myself by going to the address of where they delivered it. I’m disgusted at how they have made me out to be a liar and they aren’t doing anything to fix the mistake their driver made. I’ve been shopping online for over 4 years now and I’ve never been treated or had problems like this. So disappointed!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Leah, No one should be left feeling this way after one of our investigations and I'm really sorry for how things turned out. I'd like to take a look into the matter for you and see if I can fin... read more »

Swan Hill

Never had an issue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Used many, many times and never had anything not show up! Always comes eventually! Also have the best parcel deliverer going!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Jenna :)

Adelaide

• 9 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 43 helpful votes
Private message

Would help if Australia post new were they were

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

The local post office is a joke to the point they just blame contractors for all the missing mail and slow deliveries. Last time they suggested I use a locker instead so I did. Went to the address Australia post has for the lockers and surprise, surprise, no lockers. I called Australia post who sent me on a egg hunt for over an hour because they also did not know the location and even with Google Maps street view they confirmed the locker was not at the location listed. The address they give is for a different company that has no relation to Australia post. After one hour on the phone with Australia post I eventually gave up as they clearly have not idea of where the lockers were and would get back to me with the actual location once they had found them. They never contacted me back! I eventually found the lockers in a completely different building to what they have listed thanks to a friend who is a cleaner in a nearby business. I then called Australia post to let them know I had the correct address and to get an update and they told me they closed the case as they could not find the lockers. What a joke and they have no intentions of fixing the issue.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi SB,

This does unusual. I'd like to review the case and see if I can find out what's happened here - can you please share your case number with me and I'll take a look?

Roxy

Horrible service and paid 10 dollars for express post taking a week and still haven't received it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Terrible service. I paid 10 dollars for express shipping and it has been a week and AusPost won't even give me a refund. I still haven't received my parcel yet and I'm very angry and annoyed. Terrible communication. I changed my address for my parcel and they transported it back to the old address. The guy on the phone says my parcel will arrive tomorrow but there has been no activity from the post office which they have delivered to where it is 2 hours from my home. Can they please communicate better with the person taking the order? I paid 10 dollars for express shipping and it has been over a week. I don't know if they are sleeping or just does not care or something? This company is horrible they say they are going to transfer my parcel but I don't even know if the request has gone through. What a joke and just because I changed the address does not mean they deliver it to the old address. Express post is 2-3 days not a whole week and I still haven't received my post!! Very angry and disappointed and won't even get refund. I called Aus Post 4 times and they all said they processed the information through. However the lady today finally told me that the information hasn't been processed through till today. I don't know what kind of people they hire. All the staff tells me different information like tomorrow or in 1 day it will be delivered. But the lady said it will be delivered in 3-4 days. I don't know. I need a refund for this I'm very angry and disappointed. 3-4 days no way more like 10 days and still no parcel.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

I'm sorry we've let you down here - I can see what an impact it's had from the language you've used. I'll send you a private message to get some more details so we can discuss it further. Please get back to me there when you can.

Gunnedah

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Delivery Fees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

My local PO is Gunnedah NSW. I have made the same complaint over and over for years now, to them plus HO and have been lied to each time that "it will never happen again". Well, here I am yet again because it still continues to happen. I am severely disabled, shop online for absolutely everything I need including groceries. When purchasing items online I am charged a delivery fee anywhere from $5 up to and sometimes more than $50, depending on the item. I don't care if the item is as small as a matchbox or as big as fridge, if I've paid a parcel delivery fee for that item I expect it to be delivered to my door. This PO persists in leaving small to medium sized parcels in the mailbox even if they have to jam them in and then the letterbox lid is unable to be closed leaving the items open to the elements. Apart from that, being disabled means that I am unable to get to the letterbox and my carer only comes Monday and Friday. I have had many parcels stolen and damaged over the years yet the issues still continue. Last Friday they literally threw a parcel onto the front patio that contained a new blood glucose monitor, my door was open but they didn't bother knocking. Luckily my carer was here and retrieved the parcel, and luckier still the monitor wasn't broken. A letterbox is for letters, hence the name, and parcels are meant to be delivered door to door, that's what I pay for!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JJ56,

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happening here and the inconvenience that's being caused because of it. I'm going to send you a private message to get some more details, so please get back to me there when you can.

Roxy

Valuable item stuck in transit... Fearing the worst

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

2 weeks from the initial sending date and my package is still "in transit", and right now I am fearing the worst
I've called the sister-company in the UK meant to receive it, and they've confirmed that the package has not arrived in the UK yet. I've also opened up two cases to investigate what is going on.
It is by no means a small parcel,
it is large and precious guitar, intricately packed+sealed, and has been processed through the facility (apparently picked up to be sent to the UK already).
It was also an EBAY sale, costing me and my customer $1800 AUD. (+ $182.93 which I've paid in EXPRESS POST which should have allowed my guitar to 'at least' arrive to the UK in 2-4 days).
Futhermore after reading the thousands of experiences with Auspost, and I might say this the most appalling discovery I've ever had.
I would have given 1 Star, but Auspost has a very fair and decent customer service, and I personally love our local Australian team. And with this fact alone, I would have been more than happy to pay extra to get that great service.
But after this, especially considering how Incompetent these guys are with handling High-stakes deliveries...
I'm completely shocked, stressed, and in tears,
and would highly recommend people to AVOID Auspost services at all means possible,
especially when letting them handle objects of such high value.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mike, I'm glad to see you've already opened investigations for your guitar so we can look into it for you. I can see from your post what an impact this is having on you and how important it is,... read more »

incompetent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Ordered a package to go from Melbourne to Byron 4 weeks before a holiday. Got sent to to Western Australia then back to Melbourne then Sydney and never arrived on time. Not much point in writting the address on it really. Could probably get a tide chart and throw it in the ocean and get a better result!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, This definitely doesn't sound like and ideal experience and I don't blame you for feeling fed up. I'd be more than happy to take a look at this one and see if I can find out what's happe... read more »

Worst service I have ever met

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I ordered an item from ebay. The website indicate that Aus Post will send the parcel to me within 2 days. Now, 30 days have passed, my item is still not moving in somewhere. Whoever you call, whatever you do, they don't care. I can't believe this kind of company can even exist????

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

This definitely sounds unusual. I'll send you a private message so I can get some more details and find out what's happening with this delivery, so please get back to me there when you can.

Roxy

What you sounds unusual is quite usual in Australia Post. Stop pretending you guys care for customer services. At least I provided tracking numbers 3 times for checking. Where is the result??? Cour... read more »

Parcel delivered to wrong address

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Been anxiously awaiting a new motor cycle helmet to be delivered and yes worried. I was at home all day on the delivery day specified. Guess what. Message received to say delivered. That’s strange. The parcel in question requires a signature release. No doorbell ring. No parcel!,,,,,,, No card.
On to the phone not more than 30 minutes of delivery time to Australia post. Oh we will look into it. It was signed for with a Chinese name. Not my name not even close. Checked with all the neighbors. Nothing. So I’m assuming whom ever signed for it is now in my eyes guilty of theft/fraud. Even if it is rightfully re delivered to me. Which I doubt I will be reporting this case of theft/fraud to the police.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened here but I'm glad you've already reached out and initiated an investigation into the delivery. I'll send you a private message to get some more... read more »

Six business days?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Took parcel to P.O. to deliver Adelaide to UK (Monday)-on Thursday it arrives in Melbourne-How is it going to arrive in the UK within 6 days?

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi CTJu,

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you and see if I can find out what's going on. I've sent you a private message, so please get back to me there when you can.

Poor Communication and Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I was expecting a parcel on Friday after ordering the previous Thursday, not great service but that's what I anticipated moving to the NT. Friday came and went with no parcel and finally delivery was attempted today. Just so happened to be attempted in the 20 minutes I was down the shops, fair enough. A few hours later I received not one but FOUR emails and an SMS stating my parcel was ready to be collected at the local Delivery Centre, so I hopped in my car and went there. The woman at the counter had a brief look out the back and said it's probably in the pile that hasn't been sorted yet and to come back later. When I said that's disappointing as I have already been waiting nearly two weeks, her response was 'well so does everyone else'. I have already called Australia Post to lodge a complaint, just want to make it public in hopes that maybe your 1.5 star overall rating on this site will push the big bosses to do something about the lack of consistency with your service.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience with us here Jan. The service you got at the Post Office certainly is disappointing and I'm glad to hear you've already raised it with us officially. Feel free t... read more »

Verified Customer

First time to book a pickup and they did not come to collect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

First time to book a pickup and they did not come to collect. Checked with support and said that d unfortunately they did not receive any information on this pickup. It was in the system!

So disappointed!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Wyby, So sorry to hear we missed this pick up! Any time you need assistance with something relating to your MyPost Business account, such as an issue with a pick up, I highly recommend logging ... read more »

Inverloch

costing system needs updating

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

As a small online business, I am sending out roughly 10-20 parcels a day. Most of our products fall in the 500 gram category, but occasionally tip the scales to 510 to 520 grams. The price of sending these parcels is equivalent to sending a parcel nearly twice the weight (and twice the price) at 1kg. It's a massive difference in price when the weight of the parcel is so far away from 1kg, and so close to 500 grams. How is that fair? Why can't there be a system where I am paying the actual weight, not a weight category? And if it does have to be in a category, there should be more. We constantly have complaints from overseas customers on how expensive our shipping rates are (compared to other countries), however they don't know that we are actually wearing most of the costs and out of pocket when it comes to sending parcels. Time for an overhaul Australia Post!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us Dainy. I know it can be annoying when a parcel just goes over into the next weight category, but this system is set up to ensure a fair and standard service... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Worst post on earth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I bought a package from Melbourne and it has been sent I dont know why you people need over 3 weeks to get a package from Melbourne to Adelaide its like Melbourne is on the other side of the planet.

Comments
Australia Post Official

3 weeks from Melbourne to Adelaide is certainly longer than we expect, Antonio.

If you need me to take a look at the tracking, send me a PM with your tracking number and delivery address.

• 2 helpful votes

Worse than useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

We sent a parcel from our small business (two instruments that needed repair) express registered post to a location within Sydney - about a 30 minute drive away from us. Three days later I contacted Aus Post as the repairer had not received our items and was told our parcel had gone missing and they would look into it. After constantly having to get in touch with them for updates (not once did they call me as promised) they finally told me the parcel would be deemed as lost and they could only over me $50 compensation, even though the contents were worth $700, as I didn't purchase additional 'Extra Cover' which is something I had never even heard of before. I have no idea how a registered parcel can go missing within Sydney when both the receiver's address and our return address were clearly labelled, plus phone numbers. We will never use them again for parcel delivery and will instead use the many other private companies - like everyone else, it seems, who are ditching Australia Post.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

That's a really devastating outcome, Caroline! I'm so sorry we weren't able to deliver your parcel to your addressee and haven't been able to locate it in our network. If you need me to take a loo... read more »

Where is my missing parcel ???

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Finally, I just found the parcel this morning in front of my door.
Thanks for your help and investigation.

// "The parcel has been delivered at the safe drop at your address "? Where is it? I searched for it everywhere but couldn't find it at all.

Actually I was waiting for this parcel at home today but the driver didn't try to knock the door or ring the bell.
The driver just left it somewhere called "safe drop" but the safe drop should be my post box or in front of the door , isn't ?

I already sent the enquiry to your email , please check it for me ASAP.
Hopefully, I can get my parcel back within tomorrow. Then I will give you the better rate.//

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Anusara,

I'm so pleased to hear you received your parcel. I've sent an email through your case today. Regards.

xfile_7

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Poor Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I had a parcel which also had an international tracking number. It arrived and was on it's way to me when suddenly with no contact they return to send as "address unknown" I called straight away and asked for the parcel to be intercepted. I was assured that the Sunshine Parcel Facility were notified. I was also assured i would be kept up to date as it was a medical device part in the parcel. I instead had no follow up. The online case was closed twice with no contact or documentation. In the end the parcel was never intercepted. I doubt anyone even bothered to try.
It seems like they have a bunch on Uni Students in a call center and that's about it. I would say in the 20 years i have lived at my current address, the last 12 months of Australia post standards has taken a nose dive. If they were a private company i think they would be out of business by now. If i did't need the post i would never use Australia post otherwise. Pathetic Service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mark, Given the contents of your international parcel, I can absolutely understand how angry you must be about this situation. I'm really sorry you didn't receive your parcel and or any update... read more »

Hello Ashleigh As you will see there are three inquiries, i only raised one. You will also see that i contact Australia post on the 9th April just after the parcel was marked return to sender. You... read more »

No delivery card left?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I am in NZ and received an email saying an unsuccessful delivery attempt was made yesterday. (There was somebody home though??). No card was left to tell me where my package is, and nobody is answering the phone when I try to find out how to pick it up. Previous service has been good with updated tracking email updates sent regularl so this is disappointing.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sus,

We're not responsible for the deliveries in NZ, they're handed over to NZ Post. Have you tried contacting them for help?

1 of 218 pages