Can't be bothered delivering parcels.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

For some reason aus post have decided that they don't want to deliver parcels to my doorstep. They don't even attempt delivery instead just issue a pick up notice. There is no reason I can see for this as access to my home is very easy. Parcels are ordered online and expected to be deliverd to the door as the reciever is disabled and cannot pick up.

If Australia had another user-friendly postage service, nobody in their right mind would use Au Post

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Was sent a package a few days ago and was expected to be delivered today then I open my phone during work and it says it's been delivered (I had it delivered to work). I was at the designated address all day and was waiting eagerly for it. The sender had also paid for Signature on Delivery which apparently had been signed under my name, but I did not sign anything and nor did anyone else in the office. (what the hell is the point of PAYING EXTRA for a signature when they end up forging it anyway) I did not hear anybody come in to deliver anythi ng today so he did not even attempt to deliver it. This is an absolute joke, now I have called Australia Post several times and nobody has any clue where on earth this package is and the driver did not even leave a slip for me to pick it up later, if he was too lazy to deliver it at least leave a slip or don't mark it off as delivered when it has not been. Now I have done some research and apparently Auspost are overworking and setting impossible targets for their delivery drivers hence the reason for them not being able to deliver packages properly which may be the case but I still don't understand why he signed my name when it was not even delivered? So where the hell is my package now?! This is illegal and forgery and if this package is does not end up delivered or I am compensated for the full value of which I paid for this item (I can prove the transaction details match with the tracking number) I will be taking seeking legal action. The CEO should be spending more money on their employees rather than writing himself an enormous paycheck. It is an actual joke.

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Went to the Strathfield post office today to inquire about my parcel. An old ugly Asian lady (I'm Asian too btw) at customer service talked very rudely and threw my address proof. Unacceptable behaviour. This is the second time this has happened. Shame on auspost not training people to talk politely!!

Lost my parcel dont want to compensate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Aus Post lost my parcel and they confess it is their fault. But they don't want to compensate me instead they want to compensate the sender. Once I request the send to contact them, they only compensate $50 + shipping fee just because the sender didn't pay the extra cover. Come on , we are talking about the compensation NOT Insurance!!!!!!. eventually the sender and I give up and they send me one more time with $30 extra charge. Now I know why there are so many nightmare with this crap organization.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi dada, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. Having a lost parcel is never a good situation but it's always made a little easier when we're able to offer compensation for it. Unfortun... read more »

Why does this happens every time, hire professional people that does their job.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

I want to know why this delivery pepole get a job where they don't do their job. I have 3 parcels lately not delivered but a sorry we couldn't reach you note in my mail, how couldn't you reach me? Was it so hard to get your butt out of the car and knock on my door, I followed the parcels online and was glued to the window and this is not how it should be, I am wasting my time to sit and wait for someone that never does there job, how is it over years this keep happening over and over again, this pepole write the parcel note before they even get here and put that in my mail box without even knocking on my door. How about who ever that hires them to take a good clean up and hire ppl with more and better work values and moral and want to work for the money they were paid. I will keep complaining to the highest high this time if that means that what I have to do and I suggest rest of the ppl with the same issues do the same til the ppl that are responsible for it do something with it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mary, To hear that this has been an ongoing issue for you over a number of years is really concerning and I want to ensure this is followed up and a final resolution is reached. We make no sec... read more »

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

How sick and tired i am of checking my tracking information and seeing my order sitting in the Alexandria Hub for weeks on end. Absolutely useless service. It's a shame businesses don't use other postal services.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, Parcels shouldn't be taking weeks to arrive unless you're sending them to the other side of the world so it sounds like something definitely amiss here. I've sent you a private message a... read more »

Waited 2 weeks to have something redirected, only to have to pick it up myself.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

I ordered something online and I used the online postal redirection service to have it delivered to a more convenient parcel locker. It has taken 2 weeks for the package to travel 40kms, only to get a notification today that I have to go and pick it up at a post office I am unable to get to within its opening hours, because the locker is full.

What is the point of parcel lockers if I have to go and pick it up? I still haven't received it, because I can't go and get it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Emily,

What an inconvenience! I'm so sorry this has happened and I'd like to look into it for you.
I've sent you a private message asking for a few details, please get back to me and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Roxy

Smithfield plains

Missing item

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I got delivered an empty package sealed. Where would my item be?

Also wondering on arrival on othed things. UA380164437US.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Rhisss, An empty, sealed up package does sound very unusual indeed. If an item has come open while in transit and we notice before it goes out for delivery, we will repack it with branded Austr... read more »

Melbourne

Passport service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

The patience and help was great, I had so many questions and nothing was too much trouble, thanks mt Dandenong post office, cheers Rebecca Smith

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Lost my parcel from one delivery centre to another

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

So clearly the auspost guy told me my parcel was lost in transit from one delivery centre to another.... on the way.. from the truck...

Read news that auspost hasnt changed compensation $50 in 30 years?!??!!?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Piper,

Sounds like you've already contacted us about a missing parcel enquiry - did you have a case reference number handy?
I can check it out and let you know what's happening with it if you'd like assistance.

Roxy

Verified Customer

Absolutely the most tragic service in history.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Have already lost 2 items this year, what a load of trash.

It took 7 days to get here from another country and has been lost in transit from SYDNEY for 2 months.
"I apologise if you have not received this item. Please note that under the Universal Postal Union agreement, the sender is the rightful claimant for this service. This means that any compensation or postage refund will only be issued to the sender, please contact the sender if you need to discuss this further.

I hope that this information has clarified the matter and been of some assistance. The enquiry will now be closed by Australia Post and all further queries can be directed by the sender to their postal administration."

What a joke.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sam, From the looks of your review you've already been in contact with us about this one, and the quoted text is indeed the correct information when dealing with missing international parcels. ... read more »

Lazy delivery drivers, always leaving the card in the mailbox instead of delivering the parcel

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

The quality of service moved gradually downhill over the last few years, while price moved in the opposite direction. The only certainty you have with Australia Post is that the stamps you bought today will be obsolete when you need to use them next year. And my biggest complaint - the drivers don't bother to deliver the parcels to the door! They' won't ring! Just happy to drop that card in the mail box. Hello Australia Post - you received so many complains, why aren't you doing anything about it?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi George, We definitely are listening as we know it's a pain point for our customers and we have introduced a few different services to try and alleviate this for individuals, while we look at a ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Au post delivery drivers steal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Au post is a joke you pay for 3-5 day express shipping $70 give them 2 days lei way and it takes 10 days to be told not au post problem you're the one waiting tracking is a joke au post can't find anything safe place drop is a joke, they came to door stole money that was left for me and dumped shipment at front gate to make me think he didn't come to door. Well, I watch them going to police today, I get China normal post quicker than express post. What does that say hate au post but there is no other way.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter, You've raised quite a few concerning points here and I'd like to address them in turn. Regarding your delayed Express Post articles, please send me a private message with the details of... read more »

Verified Customer

Not very good customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

I alway shop online. So, get lots of parcel. They take too much time to arrive and sometimes they leave a card without even knocking on the door.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Akter, This isn't good to hear - you definitely should get a delivery attempt at your address as long as nothing is blocking access. So we can look into this, it would be appreciated if you co... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Twice now this has happened.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

The delivery guy doesn't even give you a chance to get to the door, they knock and drive off straight away.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Timothy, Oh no, the drivers should definitely be waiting around 30 seconds or so (as well as buzzing/calling out again) before writing up a card. We can definitely pass feedback on regarding th... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Not great.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

I posted an item as a seller through eBay. It was lost and despite the policy of offering upto $50 for domestic mail, they said it needed to be tracked.

So now I'm out of pocket for postage AND the item AND the hour trying to get it resolved.

Hopefully other people have a better experience however this was mine.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear the item wasn't able to be delivered. Just to clarify, did you send this parcel with stamps on it and in a red street posting box? This is the only way to post a parcel... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Need to collect parcel at local post office within 2 days???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I ordered an item selling on ebay and it was addressed to my house. Unfortunately I was not at home so it was delivered to the my local post office. When I got there to collect it today, the staff told me that I have to collect it within 2 days because the post office is not a warehouse. I explained to him that I have to work during weekdays and he told me that he has to work too?? I was quite confused at that moment. No comment at this point.

So my question is whether that a policy to collect a parcel within 2-3 days if it is left in the local post office?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, Thanks for letting us know about this. It's concerning as the information you were provided is incorrect - you actually have 10 business days from delivery to collect an item from the Po... read more »

Thank you for your kind reply. I have followed the link provided to raise this issue.
My local post office actually received many bad reviews and some reviews even described specific staff with bad attitude there. Let see what happen.

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Drivers just keeping packages now

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Ordered something in my state on Tuesday (8.8.17), paid express post - needed it urgently for an extremely important photoshoot on Friday (11.8.7). Watched the tracking carefully - it made it as far as mount Kuringai on the Thursday morning and I thought "great, it'll be there when I'm home from uni". Made it home - nothing there. Searched everywhere for it or a card and still nothing. Look up tracking and it says it's been delivered "via safe drop" But it's in MELROSE PARK. So I was completely screwed for my photoshoot. I'm beyond furious. It's now Friday evening and my package still hasn't budged from Melrose Park.

I can't even. I am so absolutely done with Australia post. There's no excuse. NONE.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Alice, I'm really sorry to hear about what happened with your parcel and the stress and disappointment it's caused. I appreciate this coming after your photoshoot, but if you can please send me... read more »

Townsville

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

curious and curious

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Bought small item on Ebay. Tracking number provided. Checked and found it was sent from Sydney to Melbourne then up to Brisbane before finally delivered to Townsville. Find it curious it went from Sydney to Melbourne.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi anchovy, That does sound odd and its quite probable the item was regrettably miss-sorted by one of our automatic machines. If you'd like to send me a private message with the tracking number I'... read more »

Brisbane

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Parcel tracking is a waste of time. Not enough information is provided. "It's on its way" 3 days ago and Australia Post still missed their estimated delivery time (today, being Friday) and now I'll receive my parcel in 4 days time (weekend and public holiday). Thanks for nothing Australia Post! What a USELESS service you provide. Did I mention how USELESS you are? Oh I did? Well, I felt like I needed to say it again in case you missed it. This is not the first time this has happened but today I'm just fed up. From now on, I will avoid using your service wherever possible. Big thumbs down!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Bee, I'm sorry this parcel is taking longer than anticipated to reach you and I can see how anxious you are to get it. If you'd like to send me a private message with the tracking number and de... read more »

1 of 163 pages