Qld

• 4 helpful votes

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Excellent service by Australia Post. Parcel delivered on time and the driver was very polite and friendly. Great that you receive an email updating you each day on the progress of the delivery.

Worst Ever service !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

IF he can't half fit it half in half out, the postman leaves packages in the "open bin" yeah the one for junk mail OR sometimes he has the audacity to leave at the garage door !
I live in Units !!! And stuff gets stolen all the time, i have lost 7 items now fortunately value less than $100 total.
But some items are irreplaceable.
Why are we paying more !!!! especially for a service that has actually gotten worse !
Aust post handle the complaint as per normal each time,....II was delivered safely and appropriately.
Yeah RIGHT !
Thanks for nothing you lazy public waste of time. Why not go and get a real job and see what it's like to actually work for a change

NSW

Poor Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Purchased Christmas present from overseas before the Christmas cut-off date from the company. Delivery was to my parents home town and I knew it would be tight but figured I am staying until 4 Jan so it would arrive.....wrong. Arrived on the arvo of the 5 Jan and it had been opened (maybe customs?). Elderly mother tried to forward this morning but the Post Office made her pay to send the parcel "because it had been opened" regardless of the fact it was delivered opened. You failed to deliver on-time, delivered open mail and expect additional fees for your incompetence - genius strategy. The postal holiday on the 29 Dec with a mountain of undelivered Christmas mail (if this site and FB is anything to go by) is the icing.

Marrckville

Keeps Leaving Magazine Subscriptions on Wet Ground- Poor serivce

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Postman keeps leaving my magazine subscriptions in the ground during wet periods, they have damaged 3 this year that I had to put in the bin, i have a table right next to where they leave it however common sense doesn't always prevail.
I tried to log a complaint with Aus Post however they don't take "responsibility because the item has no tracking"
Poor service on their behalf when i have full proof they damaged my post.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hello Haz, This isn't good to hear at all! Your mail shouldn't be left anywhere that is exposed to the elements, as not only is it a security risk the items can get damaged as you've mentioned. C... read more »

Yaroomba

Private message

Delivered to wrong address have not been able to retrieve it was care package for single mum which w

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Sent 15 kg package from Buderim to East Ipswich delivered to incorrect address had numerous conversations sent official complaint sorry but you only get 50.00 plus postage back even though we delivered it to incorrect address they can make exceptions if they feel so inclined especially under these circumstances when it was a care package for a very needy person I just wanted it retrieved and delivered correctly and know for a fact that aust post have been seen delivering and collecting from this address just obviously couldn't retrieve this one which makes you wonder why

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Juleigh, Its disappointing to hear about what happened with the parcel you sent and I can understand why you'd be upset. If you'd like to share the case number with me I'd be more than happy to... read more »

Thank you Roxy appreciate your response I realise okay I didn't insure parcel but I also was not the one that delivered it to the wrong address that is my issue considering they have been to this a... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

The weakest link in the chain

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Same old story. US Postal Service gets the item 16,000km's to Australia in a few days. Item sits at Chullora for a few days and it only has to go 300km north to my place.
I pay a little extra for courier deliveries now whenever possible, although they're mostly cheaper. A good example is small items I buy from a particular store in Melbourne. It costs $9.00 for an item to be sent from Melbourne to me 300km north of Sydney by Toll Express, and it arrives next morning. Australia Post costs $14 express and it takes 2 days

Downright lazy and inefficient are the only words to describe auspost

• 1 helpful vote

Terrible and Consumer-harmful Policy for LATE deliveries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Organised a delivery with added fees for express, but the item arrives almost a week later after the date it was guaranteed to arrive. I am already familiar with their policy when it comes to late deliveries so I contacted the sender first (PC Case Gear Australia). Sender has not responded to any of my queries for an extended period of time and without any opportunities to receive any form of reimbursement for the unprofessional quality of service from Post Office.

Now they take more money than they deserved from the delivery and at the expense of the customer. PC Case Gear also posses fault for their inaction with Post Office's harmful late delivery policy, but this is a Post Office review. Find alternative service if available, avoid post office if you can.

• 2 answers
Private message

Australia Post Absolutely Awful.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Sent two packages to Denver Colorado. Same time same Redcliffe Post Office Queensland. The staff member I spoke to denied all knowledge and threw a tantrum threatening to go home. AND she knows where I live she says. Apparently Australia Post staff also do do not have to put up with customers like me and can go home if they do not like it. She eventually found the paperwork and another staff member refused to give me a copy. Said that once the parcel had left the post office it was not their responsibility. The woman who I spoke to would not assist and I have had problems with her lack of energy for the job previously. After pushing for them to find paperwork,they found the paperwork, after she lied on a number of occasions and had dealt with my parcels and had previously given me paper work.
$83 wasted plus the fancy Xmas box I bought from Australia Post, my daughter, no Xmas present.
If the incident had been a one off then it could be forgiven but Australia Post now do not deliver and may not even let you know you have a parcel or item, I know this because numerous parcels and registered letters have been taken to the post office without being delivered.There is a card for registered post sitting on my coffee table right now which can go back to where it came from. The debacle goes on and on.
There appears to be no such place as Australia post but there is a shop up the road that you can pay exorbitant prices to and they may or may not take them to where you want them to go, you know, like wells fargo in the wild west. In other times in history people would be held up and their money taken by force. These days they just smile and lie lie lie. Is there anybody out there? No-one on line either, only lip service who mouths what they think you want to hear. Latest: Please make a complaint. I thought I had done that but doubt it will make any difference the last time items not delivered please make a complaint the next time this happens.

Brisbane

• 7 helpful votes

Australia Post Safe Drop = Potential Break In

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

I usually ignore text messages and emails from 'no reply' sources and and i have little faith in the local Lutwyche 4030 Australia Post franchisee after previously in excess of 3 months of them returning mail to to sender which is strange when my 110yr old house hasnt moved since around 1890-1910. they were also (last i tried) charging double the Aust Post published rate on parcel delivery.

I usually get parcels delivered to my office with less issues. Every second delivery usually has damaged packaging but items inside typically survive. Last stuff up was christmass presents delivery in December from Haighs chocolate where they ignored very explicit and clear packaging and delivered $330 of melted chocolate at 3pm in 30dec+) my mistake for assuming Aust post can make a simple deliveries

You should never tell anyone when you're not home and Australia post is not a trustworthy enough organization but these packaged were bulky at 27kg ea and around 1m high

Tonight got home 6pm and instead of the safe drop leaving the packages in the carport behind the rubbish bins like a normal person they were under the front door stairs of my highset house in open view to the footpath on one of brisbane's major roads 4.5 km from cbd.. Well done Aust Post

The strange thing is that someone had also tried to kick in my front door. The door and the door jambs are cracked. Door now moves freely with up to in the cracks and door is deformation inwards around 1cm at base (5yr old solid timber door) and deadlock is damaged (had to open from inside latch). The adjacent handrail has been pulled out of the wall. I assume it was used for leverage given the footprints on the front door. Currently using the parcels to hold the door closed till tomorrow when i will need to arrange note door and surrounding structure

Parcel was apparently delivered in the morning so maybe it is a bizarre coincidence that on this particular day after accepting the Austpost text allowing safedrop (yesterday) ie telling them i would not be home. i get my front door kicked in and the would be theives didnt to steal the parcel they would walk past to get to my front door..... My assumption is if you tell a shady Australia Post driver you're not home, you may be fair game for them to try and make a collection from inside your house at the same time as the delivery

Police report lodged re coincidental break in. Will see what happens.

There is a second parcel in the consignment / order but i am currently unable to revoke the safedrop selection from the noreply Aust Post message

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I'm very relieved to hear you've already reported this incident to the police, as they're definitely the best agency to deal with criminal matters such as this. We'll work with them wher... read more »

Hobart

• 13 comments
  • 47 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Australia Post Sandy Bay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Parcel Article ID UC001443521AU was left at Sandy Bay Post Office on 7th December and paid for economy air to Germany. Website states 2 weeks - parcel not received after 5 weeks. Interestingly, the customer service person said when I left the parcel that it was too late in the day to get taken that day, but would the following day, to which I cheekily replied that's fine as long as the mice don't nibble on it. As I was nearly out the door, another staff member [male] asked the lady what I had said. I had the impression he thought I had said something derogatory, which made me wonder at that point if the parcel would make it.

Saratoga

Private message

Another lost parcel thanks auspost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Third parcel lost .every time I call been told to expect a call back guess what never happens .what is the point of the tracking number if you can't locate the parcels anyway .??????

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi V Hanna,

Feel free to share the case number(s) for any claims you've lodged with missing parcels and I'll happily take a look at them.

Roxy

Case number 15879079 the most recent and since November 14941699 ,14942694 feel free find any of them

south melbourne

Private message

Ordered a parcel from overseas arrived on the 9th.. now it is the 17th and no parcel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Auspost explained that there can be delays on the road between Sunshine and Albert Park, for sure anyone knows it takes more than 8 days to travel 16km on these dangerous and busy roads... They also helpfully offered that if i didn't like the SMS promising the delivery time i could remove my phone number from the tracking! simple...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter,

I'd be happy to check this out for you and see if I can find out what's going on. I'll send you a private message to get some more details.

• 12 helpful votes
Private message

Very poor service every time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

As we live in Alice Springs, the delivery times of even so called "Express" takes ages. the item gets scanned into Alice then delivered at the same time. I assume this is to fudge their figures so it looks like they are actually delivering the items in timely manner. Our PO Box is about 3km from the General post office. and it takes an average of 2-3 business days from the received at depo to actually being in our po box.
Aus post tracking is very out dated and you pay for a service that doesn't match up and is constantly days behind. We have switch majority of all our business and personal now away from Australia Post as our local branch can simply not offer a service at all. very incompetent and a shame as interstate they are good. So many other freight companies can get the packages here allot quicker and

Sunshine Coast

Expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

It’s shocking how expensive it is to send letters now! As a business, we send out a huge number of letters but it’s become very costly.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us Kay. Depending on how many letters your business is sending, you might be eligible for a bulk discount.
Give us a call on 13 11 18 and we'll be able to discuss it further with you.

Melbourne

No issues at all

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Received my parcel on-time and in good condition. Tracking information is useful and accurate. I especially appreciate the text message that asks you where you like the parcel left if you’re not at the delivery address.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Caleb!

Sent package

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

The staff at Joondalup branch are really good
And friendly, helpful and efficient. Keep it up
Girls. Customer service never hurts.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Laura!

Always timely

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

An item (ebay purchase, standard postage (TV mounting bracket actually)) which was posted from Hallam, Victoria to Longford Tasmania arrived in just 4 days and to let me know the parcel was awaiting collection, Aussie post sent me a txt message. Australia Post service is always outstanding and the message alerting me saves me the hassle of arriving home to find the card in my letter box. This is not a one off occasion, many time I shake my head in dis-belief that things could arrive so quickly, and we're a country Post Office! So thanks to all at Aussie Post.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Bruce :)

• 4 helpful votes

3RD World Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Explain to me why it takes 20 days for an australia post package to arrive from sydney to brisbane, but a package from china takes 4 days????? WTH there should be a class action lawsuit against them.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

WANTIRNA SOUTH

Good Sevices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Good services.
Deliver and arrived in time.
Very happy with the prompt delivery.
Will use Australia Post again in the future.
Thank you.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Mal,

Thanks for letting us know! Hope you have a great day.

~Sami

Koolewong, NSW

• 4 answers
  • 28 helpful votes
Private message

I literally watched the Postie drive by

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I was sent an SMS to this morning telling me that my parcel was to arrive. It asked if i would be home to receive the parcel, i said yes.

As i was drinking a cuppa on the balcony i saw the postie ride by, drop something off in the letterbox and then continue on his route. It was just the mail I assumed because he wasted no time writing anything special.
It was only later i discovered that this was the "Attempted Delivery" which he failed to complete because there was "No Access".

Now the funny thing is... not only did i LITERALLY watch the postie not even bother to come up the driveway for 20 seconds... but i actually received ANOTHER Australian Post delivery earlier this morning, straight to my door - apparently they had no problem with gaining access.

This is the second time it has happened... the first time i gave the benefit of doubt. Not this time.

1 of 199 pages