Filter By:

• 5 helpful votes

NOT Trusted workers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I got a parcel with 3 kg weigh (5 security cameras) and when I receive it, was 2.6 kg, (4 cameras only) then I found out that there was one camera missing and it is obviously someone from Australian post took it. My advice, never take any parcel if it was opened. Also I recommend using another carrier whenever you can. hope this helps someone.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Why is this happening in 2018 Australia? There should be a thousand lawsuits against Austpost everyd

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

Not even once have I been satisfied with Austpost service. I haven't received my package on time even once!! It's always at least a week later.

5 days ago I received a text from them saying that I would receive my package that day. Later on I received another text telling me that I will not receive it that day. And today, after almost 10 days from the estimated delivery date, the package was delivered to some post office somewhere very far from me. And I don't have a car which makes this extremely annoying.

Why is there no large-scale competitor to this incompetent company? They are never on time. They never knock on your door (they just leave a note asking you to pick up). They never respond to emails on time. I can't believe this is happening in 2018 in a first-world country.

Chisholm NSW

• 1 comment
  • 6 answers

Australia Post service in my Region

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

Services in my area has always been good. I get parcels delivered on time and can track their progress with my login to Australia Post. It is a look ways accurate

• 9 helpful votes

what a shame

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Such an essential service to the Australian public and economy has been reduced to a rip off inefficient joke.
Restrictive size weight limits
Stores selling printers and other junk
Staff who look like they hate the place,the do
Sky high overseas rates even fo slow delivery
Ridiculous rates
The cost of sending an item accross the country makes using the service prohibitive.No discount to send it intrastate either $12 to send a book to Broome what a joke .If you read this make sure you make some noise call /contact your local federal member.If enough people complain .
Make up a petition and get all your friends to sign it flood your Fed member

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

xpress post! how amusing....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

absolutely blooming useless! I don't know how a service can be offered as 'express next day' when it just NEVER happens. Watch out aussie post, you can guarantee there's an up and coming service that will hopefully get you to pull your head in and instead of offering compensation, meet the service you offer. Until then, I won't be using you again.

Mornington, Victoria

• 33 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Australia Thieving Post is what they should be called, useless the lot of them cant do as there paid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

We have had 2 items go missing in the past 2 weeks, Australia post apparently had us sign however we were not home, the senders sent us copies of the signatures and we sent the senders copies of our licences to show them its not our signature, just shows you the thieves we have working in Australia post, then we had to send 5 parcels in return to faulty goods we received, it was processed at Australia post Sunshine facility Monday 17th December 2018 and on tracking service stated would be delivered on Monday however now it states delayed and has not moved when i was told it would be delivered by Tuesday, however not cause it still shows it hasn't moved on tracking. Australia post in the last few years would know just how busy they would be more so all the online shopping these days yet i bet if they hired monkeys and paid them bananas those monkeys would do the job right unlike the Troglodytes doing our postal services. There pathetic liars who purposely do this every year Australia post should be put back in the hands of the Government were there was stricter checks unlike now, Good time to work for Australia post as everyone can do there xmas shopping on clients expense

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

i still haven't finished writing about these thieves, now on the back of the stamp book when you buy stamps they have a limit per stamps on weight and thickness, sent a friend a pack of AAA batteri... read more »

Melbourne

• 14 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Express Post, don’t waste your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Sent an envelope Express Post, not only has it not been received the next day, like I was told it would be, BUT three days later still waiting. No point in having a tracking number when all it has is where I originally sent this mail from! I receive mail quicker from overseas than I do from the next suburb with them, pathetic service.

• 4 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Deplorable service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Over the last 4 years I have used Australia Post dozens of times and the service is getting worse . Parcels taking weeks to be delivered . A valuable express post lost completely after its first scan . I have reached the point that I will only use Australia Post if there are no other alternatives . They have taken the fun out of online shopping . I would have given a minus score if I could have .

Sydney

• 2 comments

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Is a 1 hour round trip to far to go to pick up a parcel from Australia Post?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

The package came from Melbourne and landed at INGLEBURN DF at 10.17 am on 21st November. At 11am I lodged an enquiry asking why it hadn't been sent to my local Post Office at Kemps Creek. On 6th December I received an email telling me I could have it sent to a local post office, and which one would I like it sent to? This information was then passed on to the Distribution facility. No further contact from Australia Post until the case was closed on 18th December, the item has been returned to sender...…. It's just a box! Australia Post had no hesitation accepting it and taking the money for delivery. Dreadful service Australia Post...…...Shame on you!!!!!!!!

Terrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Worse then useless. Trying to get an update on an undelivered item but tracker assures me it's been delivered by referring to another delivery with a different tracking number. It's bad enough having to endure late delivery but being deluded by Tracker just adds insult to injury.

Hobart

• 1 answer

Sender or Receiver: Sender

TRACKING ENVELOPE & PRIORITY PAID LETTER - Counter lodgement NO tracking scan - WHY NOT?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Purchased Aust Post Track Mail Envelope $2.20 + Priority Paid label .50 on Friday 14/12 - to be sent only within Tasmania from one major location to another - important medical documents enclosed. What a waste of money and the Aust Post site message regarding the tracking number is “PENDING no updates yet looks like your item hasn’t been scanned yet” direct quote. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Not scanned yet?? No updates?? Is it still sitting on the counter where the person who served me left it while she chit chatted with her work mate!? Does this service actually exist & what’s the point of wasting money on a Priority Paid label? How can I find out what has happened to my letter, as it should be delivered now according to what the Post Office employee told me? I shouldn’t have to be stressing about accurate information and timely delivery of a service I paid for - it’s ridiculous that there’s no tracking history on Aust Post site for this item - I need to find out where this letter is ASAP - it should be at the Doctor’s address where it was sent. The time of the year isn’t an adequate reason. What is the next step in locating the letter? Your information states upon counter lodgement a tracking scan will be done and why didn’t this happen?

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

This is a very poor and unfriendly service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

I was waiting on a package to arrive as my tracking told me it would arrive today i was waiting for the courier as i did not want my boys to see who the package was from as it was there christmas presents when the package did not arrive i checked the tracking and found the package had been delivered when i contacted aus post they told me the name of the person who singed for the package i did not know that person as the sender had requested the package be signed for after further investigation i find out the delivery driver had signed for the package wich is illegal and the package had gorne missing after some 8 or 9 phone calls to australia post customer service and been lied to and them trying to cover it up and justify the delivery driver it turns out the package is unretriveable the delivery driver said it was delivered to a address next door to me and gave it to a person at that address but did not get that person to sign for it as she was in a hurry so she sined for it instead i asked her 4 times if she had given it to a person at that address she said yes on all 4 accasions i then informed her that house has been vacant for 12 months or more and no one had been near that house for 2 weeks as the owner is a friend of mine she then left only to return 10 minutes later with a work fried for stand over tactics wich did not work and resulting with him leaving my property telling me australia post would never deliver another parcel to my address again lol well i replied you never did in the first place you australia post has compensated me for the parcel has anyone else had this problem in the hunter valley erea

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

The last 3 weeks have been terrible without our best postie ever [name removed].
Now we never receive mail , leaves it here without signing, bends important documents, just absolutely terrible.
Everyone is in the same boat and we are not happy at all.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Horrible service after postman change

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I ordered something online and tracked the item right up until it was delivered. I was home and found the package dumped by the door with no knock to let me know it was there.
The postman also hit Christmas decorations on my lawn, looked back at it and continued to ride away... not once but twice.
I’m located in jacobs well and had excellent service with our last postman but since getting the new one we’ve been lucky to receive two pieces of mail (in three weeks)

The weakest link

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Package from China to Perth sent 26th November finally gets scanned at Sydney 14th December?? That's pretty poor. I know for a fact it was in the air on the way to Sydney on the 26th, so what was it doing in Sydney for 18 days? Now I guess it sits collecting dust in the black hole they call Chullora for another 2 weeks before it finds its way on to a truck to Perth?

I paid a premium for the item to get through the usual maze that is China's postal service, only for AusPost to throw their hands in the air and throw everything in the too hard basket.

The weakest link in any international delivery is always AusPost. Overpaid suits that run an already failed service in to the dust and walk out the other side with a multi million dollar bonus.

Jacobs Well Qld postal service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I watched the postie shove a small package into my letterbox. I had to destroy the package to remove it from the letterbox. He should never have attempted to put this size package into the letterbox which is only meant for letters. This terrible service has only been since we got our new postie a few weeks ago, never had bad service from our previous postie.

Sydney

Unacceptable service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I brought something on eBay as Christmas gift for family and it was sent out on 4th Dec with tracking number from Metro Victoria. I was very optimistic with this because I am at Sydney Metro. Aust Post advised it would be delivered on 10th Dec. On the 10th Dec, tracking information only showed the parcel arrived at Sydney Facility on 7th Dec. Then that's the end of it. Nothing turned up on the 10th. Aust Post then showed the parcel is delayed without any explanation. 11th Dec, I lodged an online enquiry. After two days, no single message or phone call. I then called and managed to speak to someone after half an hour wait over the phone. The first thing the person asked me was what it is inside and how much it is. As soon as he knew the value is about $150, then he said the investigation takes up to 2 weeks (which he said till 21th Dec). If no outcome, then they will compensate the loss. I said the parcel already at Sydney on 7th Dec, how hard it is to track it down and get it delivered. The person just wouldn't discuss further and just said I have to wait. Until today, I still don't get any update at all.

My feeling is there won't be any investigation at all. They will just pay the compensation after waiting period. And I know for parcel post the max payout value is $100 because this is not the first time they lost my parcel. But that's not enough to cover my loss. In fact, I really don't want it ends up like this. I rather want to parcel arrive because that's a gift. Now I have to think of getting another gift while I am waiting for the end of investigation.

I understand Post is very busy around this season. But sure they can do better than this?! This is a system most people rely on. All other couriers are busy. I bought other things online around the same time. Some were sent by Couriers Please or Fastway. They all arrived on time without any trouble.

Garran

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Australia Post sets new low bar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I am waiting on delivery of four parcels which I intended to send on as Christmas presents. Eight days into this process, none are showing as 'in transit'. There goes my schedule and disappointment all round. This is obviously the busiest time of the year for parcel delivery yet Australia Post does not seem to have heard of Christmas. Frankly I cannot think of any other company in Australia that has a worse reputation for customer service than Australia Post. If I were the highly paid CEO I would be horrified but reading the feedback on this site, you would think Austpost is proud of its one star service and does not want to do better. Quite simply Australia Post should no longer be in business!

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I ordered a dress on 11 December at Showpo, paid for an express post. Was promised dress will be delivered the next day but it was already December 13 no dress came. Now it's December 14 STILL no dress and to my surprise delivery date has been moved to DECEMBER 20. unbelievable! paid for an express shipping and takes them 7 days. Oh not to mention, I live in METRO AREA. UNBELIEVABLE, you guys are terrible.

How slow

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Aus post has hit an all time low with its slow service. It would of been quicker in the horse and buggy days.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jimsam, Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us. It is possible that in 1935 you may have gotten your item quicker depending on where it was travelling from but we also had a lo... read more »

1 of 262 pages