Review rating:

Avoid at all costs! Car took 4 weeks to arrive.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

This company was the worse to deal with after the initial phone call. They didn't collect the car at appointed time then rescheduled until the next day. The car sat in Melbourne (from Sydney) for at least a week.
There was no communication at any time. They were unreachable by phone or email and never returned contact.

huge waste of money. better to pay 4200 extra and go elsewhere with a company that can track your cars whereabouts at any time.
They didn't deliver to the door as promised we had to collect it from their yard.

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!

Private message

This company should be criminalized

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Auto Transporters could be nothing further from a legitimate company. They told us our car would arrive by a certain day (from Perth to Cairns). When it did not arrive, they did not call. I had to call over 40 times to their office. Each time, they were rude and told me they could not tell me where our car was. After weeks of delays and not even knowing what city our car was currently in, I told them we would have no other option but to report it stolen to the police. The manager ([name removed]) told me that if I reported it stolen to the police, he would just drop our car off the flatbed truck and leave it in the middle of nowhere. And we would have to find it. We had no other option but to stop calling in order to get our car back.

We paid up front (which is a HUGE mistake) and had no collateral over them. I was being totally reasonable with him and tried to explain that I am 8 months pregnant and just needed our car for my partner and I to get to the hospital. He still had the nerve to call me name in our conversation.

To be honest, we only chose this company because they were $150 cheaper than another company. But it was the biggest mistake we've ever made. I only wish there was some sort of legal recourse we could take one them for being such a terrible representation of an ethical business.

Unprofessional & Deceiving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Had the worst experience with this company. If you are looking for my honest opinion if I would recommend this car transporter, the answer will be NO and to choose another company to transport.

1) They are quick to take payment
2) They will not tell you approx ETA at time of booking. This Business will instruct you to deliver vehicle to their depot. In our case it was Cairns. Please note, this is NOT their own and operated depot. It is only a holding yard therefore no appropriate documents exchanged after delivered.

3) They do not have a Customer Service team. They have a lady called [name removed] who does not like confrontation and hung up on me and my clients when we ask too many questions or upset over the matter.

4) They failed on many occasions to give us feedback and actual updates on the vehicle prompting client to be concerned and go through a painful process of insurance claims and police stolen / missing car reports because they continuously lied and provided us with several excuses on the vehicles delay and location.

5) Some of their excuses/reasons for why vehicle is delayed was due to hydraulics problems, backlog of deliveries, truck accident and now they’re waiting for another vehicle and then truck driver forgot to pickup vehicle.

6) vehicle was received by client 6.5 weeks later and was found in a suspicious condition where client advised items within the vehicle appeared to have been moved/tampered with

7) [name removed] acknowledged and confirmed reasons for delay in notifying us about the vehicle delays was caused by their staff not informing everyone. They let this staff member go from Auto Transporters. Also he confirmed that further his staff forgot to pick up vehicle from Melbourne - despite all these problems caused by Auto Transporters inability to handle, they hid behind their Terms and Conditions and refused to offer any compensation not even $100.

Again, I would not recommend my worst enemy to book with them. Extremely rude and unprofessional staff and the amount of dramas caused wouldn’t be worth the money paid. Your better off going with another reputable company and save yourself the headache, time, stress and problems

Disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

This company is terrible, they took my money, but the time they took to deliver my vehicle took 4 weeks from Gold Coast to Melb. My car was badly damaged. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

• 2 helpful votes

Not even 1 star validates their service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2018

Yes they lie to take your money then 5-7 day estimated delivery times turn into 4-6 weeks.
Have dodgy past business dealings hence why no names on documents.
Shocking business.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Darwin

Private message

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Would appreciate if everyone could share my post.

I recently relocated to Darwin. Unfortunately, we decided to use AUTOTRANSPORTERS PTY LTD to backload our car up to Darwin from Cairns. To say my experience with Autotransporters has been nothing but a nightmare is an understatement.

My car has been damaged since the day it got off their truck! Back in April. The lack of communication from this company REALLY astounds me!! I don't know how they are still operating! Not only did I receive false updates continuously - that's right! One day my car was in Melbourne and had been involved in a truck accident the next it was fine and in the gold coast! But I was also told repeatedly my car was due to arrive in Darwin by the end of the week for 3 weeks straight.

We have had a list of problems which included:
1. Grease all through out my car from the truck driver.
2. Being told to purchase baby wipes to clean the grease off the inside of the car by the greasy handed truck driver.
3. Smashed front windscreen.
4. large dints on the roof.
5. flat tyre (from god knows what) it didn't get on the truck that way!!
6. Torn front passenger seat! (WTH, how could a truck driver manage to tear a customers seat)
7. Weeks of calling Autotransporters head office to find out how we were going to be compensated!!
8. Arriving to their yard, to pick up my car and it was left out the front, windows open, keys in the ignition (riddled with damage).
9. Having to hire a hire car while our car was immobilised.
10. Being told we had to pay a $1000.00 excess to have the repairs fixed and we would not be compensated for any of the other expenses (HIRE CAR).

On the 22nd of July after a number of Disgruntled emails to [name removed] at Autotransporters I finally got a response and was told he had forwarded the quotes to his Insurance Brokers.

Today on the 15th of August!! after a number of unanswered emails - I decided to call the insurance brokers myself - turns out they submitted the claim on the 27th of July and have been waiting for [name removed]'s response since then as they didn't know who was to pay the excess!!

That's 3 weeks of [name removed], mucking around and not answering his emails. Yet again, I sent a disgruntled email and wouldn't you know it - [name removed] appears!

This whole experience has been beyond a joke!! I sincerely hope know one uses Autotransporters - it is cheap and nasty. I can accept paying the $1000.00 excess - because realistically I just want my car fixed. But today I decided enough was enough, I have a right to freedom of speech and to share my experience with other consumers!! Which apparently is SLANDER ??

• 3 helpful votes

Scam and lies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Unfortunately people don't read or check company reviews until after job booked
Transport 2 cars with them...
damages and delays nearly 2 months

Not returning phone calls very rude staff
I have already checked company name owners

Apparently it's belong 2 people which already have previous bad history in Google as Googled their names online

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Gave me multiple lies on the whereabouts of my car.
Told story after story to get me off there back, never returned my phone calls.

Staff were rude and extremely short

LIES LIES AND MORE LIES

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Absolutely disgusting. Quick to quote. Quick to take money. Promises fast delivery. Almost 50 days after paying the invoice, still car has not been picked up. 5 times they told us it would be picked up the next day, still waiting...
Never answer calls or emails but are super quick to answer a text and palm it off to someone else
Got fed lie after lie about why truck wasnt there.
Broken down, hit a roo etc
Very suspicious that there is no address at all.
I googled earthed the depot where I was going to be picking car up from and it was a vacant block.
Demanded our money back after they had broken their own policy multiple times and all we got back was that if we cancel, we wont get money back and that we dont have a leg to stand on as the policy covers it.
We have rang department of fair trading in Victoria. We did there procedures for getting a refund and the company refused and still haven't picked the car up. And still haven't contacted us about picking it up

This company is an absolute disgrace to the australian way.

We have actually flown out and picked the car up ourselves and drove it back at our own expense.

Please everybody who has had a bad dealing with this company, ring department of fair trading Victoria, contact ACCC , ring police of fraud. If they want to make it hard for the customer, customers have rights so lets make it hard for them.
These reviews need to be told to the authorities.

One very unsatisfied customer. Never dealt with such a bad company before in Australia.

sydney

APPALLING SERVICE, TERRIBLE, *DO NOT USE THIS OUTFIT *

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Absolutely disgraceful "service"- if you can call it that. I enquired about getting my vehicle from Brisbane to Mackay- I then had no less than 3 missed calls within a 2 hour period. I paid the quoted amount then no response at all from this mob. After repeated attempts at getting an update on my car "you have called bookings" etc etc.. I called Customer service- no response..Had to threaten with Police and consumer affairs to even get a response from [name removed].. "We have had delays...breakdowns etc..." They feed you with lies and lies. They are obviously waiting to shift more vehicles in the 1 load.. I could have Flown down and driven it back if I knew...
DO NOT USE THEM! They may quote you $100 less than a well know company but it is not worth the hassle. I am paying finance on a car I haven't seen yet..

Disappointed at every point

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

So disappointed with this company. Pick up was three days late with no explanation. Quote and invoice didn't match. Didn't deliver at the agreed time. No one knew where my car was when I was able to get through to them on the phone. Later discovered it was still in Melb two days after the delivery date scheduled it to be in Brisbane. Didn't answer the phone. Only light in the black hole was [name removed]. She knew customer service but that wasn't enough to get me out of the mess this company dropped me into by not delivering my car on time.

No care, no responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Car was picked up from my house in great condition. Arrives destination, car badge missing,1/2 of front panel was completely shaved of paint. Need proof it was them to claim insurance?

No responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

Car transported from Melbourne to the Gold Coast arrived three days late and damaged. Make sure you have before photographs of the entire vehicle. You will still be up for their excess of $1000. We found it almost impossible to speak to anyone, their phones constantly went to message bank, and they also do not reply readily to emails. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Sydney

Verified Customer

Don’t go near this company - terrible service and NO customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

This company took my money (gave no receipt) and said I had to pay immediately to get my car booked in. Didn’t take credit cards and never showed up to pick up car. Even after continued re scheduling still no show! Refused to refund my money. The owners of this business have been fined by court system for winding back odometers on cars, not keeping proper business financial records, bankrupting people with scams, had other businesses de registered by ASIC, taking a knife to restaurant patrons while owning a restaurant that has also failed in the past..don’t believe me? Google the owners name. [name removed] and see for yourself. Don’t entrust your car or any of your possessions to these people. Ship your car with a proper car carrier NOT a third party scammer like these people are.

Great Service! Would highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

This company certainly showed high standards.
They transported our 1963 Mercury. Being a very low and wide vehicle, they took the upmost care and arrived in perfect condition. I have passed on their number to many friends and have had the same great experience.

Melbourne

Fast and reliable. Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Used them and was most impressed with their level of prompt pick up and service. Delivered my car on time. Would recommend them to anyone looking to transport a car! Well done Guys!

Cairns

• 3 helpful votes

Terrible, disgusting service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

This mob are screwed, they took nearly two months to get my car from nsw to fnq, the told us one the one day saying the car was getting picked up in the afternoon, we rung them the next day to see where the car was at and they had not picked it up yet, they then told us it would be picked up in about two weeks. Didn't end up getting picked up for about for weeks. They have disgusting communication, absolutely rude and disgusted by the way they communicated with us. They had been driving my car around in Sydney used nearly 470kms on the odometre, we have proof and asked for a refund on part of the cost, and they said it has no date to prove it. I have a picture of odometre the night i picked it up and it has a date on the top of the photo, lets see what he says when i send him that, stupid. Absolutely disgusted.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Shailer Park

• 2 helpful votes

Terrible service and communication,

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Car transport Brisbane to Alice Springs, website says “fast, reliable, affordable, trusted, connected, safe & secure, fully insured”. Not true, not fast, not reliable, not connected to their customer!!! initial contact is can do, take your money, pick up your vehicle and then nothing, can’t get honest answers over the phone, if they even answer, staff are extremely rude, told numerous times my car was in transit to destination when in fact it had not moved since the day of initial pick up, emails go unanswered, car when it finally arrived had a smashed windscreen and damage to rear, two emails sent re damage, nil response. Worst service I have ever experienced, paid $1880 on 26/4, car collected 2/5, finally delivered 7/6. Am totally ok with this type of service taking time, not ok with lies and no communication.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes