Generations:
Filter By:

Sydney

Private message

Generation: LZ (2015-2018) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Engine Size: 1.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Bought this car as second owner with 73,000km and i love it! it looks great drives great couldn't ask for anything more! Never had any issues at all, its great on fuel too! it would be amazing for a first car owner the fact the base model comes with sat nav and cameras is amazing (mines an ecoboost)

• 19 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: LZ (2015-2018) Body: Hatch Badge: Sport Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Ford have really got this focus right

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

After experiencing the earlier Ford Focus trend auto 2.0 litre model LW 2013 that was plagued with transmission problems, I was reluctant to accept what was an extremely generous offer from Ford, to accept a new model LZ. After some research and being aware that the LZ has a new 1.5L turbo engine coupled with a new 6 speed torque converter gearbox together with an extensive test drive, I decided to accept Fords offer but to upgrade to the S model with the Tech pack. This little car is a gem. Great handling, responsive performance and to date, after 20000 klms, with the exception of a faulty electric boot opening switch, that was promptly replaced under warranty, it has performed above expectations. I believe the LW model has destroyed sales of this little beauty which is a tragedy as there are few if any comparative vehicles on the market that would be superior to this.

Generation: LW Mk1 (2011-2012) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Absolutely disscusted!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I bought my Ford Focus from a dealer 3 years ago. Since the day I bought it there has been nothing but problems.
Shuttering, Loss of Power, Clutch Problems, Loss of power and clutch problems at once, Transmission problems, to much power and now 1.5 months after getting it serviced by Ford the steering rack has failed and apparently needs $5000 to fix it. This has become a joke, why recall cars in America but not Australia? I ford case worker names "Leah" said that in Australia we have different "standards and regulations". Oh does that mean to leave people in a ticking time bomb so they can be seriously injured or die! Just so you dont have to admit your problem?
When asked how does a steering rack go in a car that has always been serviced including the last service by FORD themselves, is only 6 years old and that has NEVER been in an accident? Caseworker "Helen" said she has "NO knowledge" of how the cars work or what a steering rack is. IS THIS A JOKE TO FORD?
Employ workers who KNOW how your cars work and the problems! Peoples lives are at risk every day not only for the people in the cars and who is driving them but for others on the road too!
Ford closed my case and refused to help in any way, in fact, they became very RUDE regarding this situation. This will be taken further because i have had enough with this horrible car that is NOT ROAD WORTHY. If anyone would like to contact me in regards to the same problems you can do so on my email amanie.hadaya@gmail.com.

Melbourne

• 3 answers
Private message

Generation: LS (2005-2007) Body: Sedan Badge: CL Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Engine Light

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I purchased a second hand 2005 Ford Focus for my wife as a learning purpose. I purchased it from a car yard dealer. It was in good condition although it was a 12 years old car. After I purchased, in the second week, transmission light was on and off. I spend a few hundred to fix it. A few months later, the engine light was on. I spend another few hundreds to fix that too. However, the car itself works well. Just the computer things got issues. Hopefully, just my bad luck to purchase such an issued car. I already get rid of it at a low price.

Generation: LW Mk1 (2011-2012) Body: Hatch Badge: Sport Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2011

Electronic Power Steering Failure

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Similar to others our 2011 Focus had intermittent power steering issues on start up which started in May this year. The local Ford dealer could not find a problem and denied it was a known issue when we took it to them to investigate. At the next service in September they advised they had installed a software update to specifically fix the problem. But it made it worse and 6 weeks later we had total failure.
The car was towed to the dealer at their instruction and it was diagnosed as a total failure needing a new steering rack at a cost of $5,500.
We made a claim to Ford under Australian Consumer Law, and after a week they agreed to pay 60% of the repair cost. We advised this was unsatisfactory and we would lodge a claim at VCAT. A week later they agreed to cover 100% of the cost of the repair.
My advice is know your rights under ACL and stick to the facts, not emotions.
*We would not have purchased the car if we had have known this was a potential issue.
*The power steering unit is not a serviceable part and nothing we could do under normal driving could damage the part.
*We reasonably expect that the steering unit will last the life of the car.
*This is a major component failure.
*The vehicle is unsafe to drive.
This has not been a factory recall in the USA as some people state, that is a different car.

Generation: LW Mk2 (2012-2015) Body: Sedan Badge: Ambiente Engine Size: 1.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

Not bad as a first car

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

The car has good economy. It does about 100 km per 7 liters.
The infotainment system is slightly below average.
The space at the back seats is not a lot but its still manageable. Boot space is good.

It does have some sounds of it's own that no mechanic has been able to fix. For e.g. there's contact screeching sound when I accelerate too quickly.
Overall its a good car though.

Generation: LW Mk2 (2012-2015) Body: Hatch Badge: Titanium Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Could spend same money on better car (over priced) too much redundant tech.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Use this car all the time and the best thing about it is it's economical. Dash display is significantly behind the times and the car is overpriced when considering bang for buck. not much space at all and the middle console impedes leg space in the front for passenger and driver.

Generation: LV (2009-2011) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Power assist malfunction!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Hi everyone.need help power steering asist malfunction 2011 Ford Focus Trend 5dr Hatchback 2.0turbo Semi-Auto light on been told by ford 4500 to repair is this a joke!!!!!I hav done some research and it is a common fault as I can see with everyone elses complaints purchased off a Holden dealer 18months ago it's done 82000 which is not much any help would be greatly appreciated never again ford!!!!!!

Atlanta

Private message

Generation: LZ (2015-2018) Body: Sedan Badge: Trend Engine Size: 1.6 Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: May 2016

I love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

It has been with me for two and a half years, 22000+kms, still so new and has never been any problems.
Fuel consumption typically between 6.0 to 7.5 litres / 100 km.
I don't know much about cars, but this car feels good to me.
Appearance is very beautiful, I love it.

• 5 comments
  • 20 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: LW Mk2 (2012-2015) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Worst car in history - death trap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

The problems with my vehicle, which are common to all similar Ford's are as follows:

Fuel tank cracked open causing huge fires
Brakes about to fail
Water leaking into car so mould all over car
Boiling water and steam spewing all over drivers feet
Transmission issues which are not resolving as they were required to by the ACCC

The worst problem relates to the fuel tank that cracked open like an egg in May, causing a massive fire when the fuel ignited. Ford have refused to deal with the problem and I have been without a car since May which caused the cancellation (postponement) of my wedding.

Attempts to resolve the problems have proved fruitless. See my facebook page to see photos related to fie and other problems. https://www.facebook.com/RoyalCommissionDodgyCarManufacturers/

adelaide

• 1 question
  • 5 answers
Private message

Generation: LZ (2015-2018) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2017

2017 LZ Focus Trend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I purchased my LZ focus about a month ago so far very impressed with the driving quality the focus offers and all the gadgets that come with the newly updated sync 3 system with bulit in navigation as standard I bought it as a demo with 1,500kms on the clock and I drove it over to Melbourne from adelaide within 2 days of owning it and it offered an amazing average usage of 5.2L per 100km of petrol and the trip was $160 round trip with detours I was very impressed with the fuel economy.

Knowing the focus has gone to a 6speed torque converter automatic transmission is way better then that troublesome dual clutch system they were running which now has been scrapped.

The torque converter system works the way you'd like any automatic transmission to run with smooth gear changes.

If you like a powerful, economical and great looking car with plenty to offer I'd recommend the LZ focus which comes with fords 5 year unlimited km warranty for that peace of mind very pleased with my purchase and looking to the years to come.

Adelaide

• 1 question
Private message

Generation: LV (2009-2011) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Engine Size: 1.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2012

One thing after an other

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Last 2 years in and out of my mechanic, first my
A/c compressor died $1250, then the cooling water was leaking on my feet while driving $1840, now leaking different part $520 and window blades motor broken (waiting for a quote)...cruise control is out quoted $375...no ford never again! Im very disappointed as I trusted the brand and it did not even cross my mind that I can end up with a car that cost me tousands over the years...I had a 16 year old car before and never had a problem with that it was just due to update...wrong decision very wrong choice!!!

Gold Coast Qld

Private message

Generation: LZ (2015-2018) Body: Hatch Badge: Titanium Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2018

A better drivers car!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Ford have finally packaged a Focus with world class driving dynamics, engine, transmission, suspension tuning plus the high levels of safety tech have ensured the LZ series delivers at almost every level. The early ownership experience has so far been above expectations, the area I would mark down this Focus on would be the fuel consumption around town, hopefully this will be offset by the claimed highway consumption. The Sync3 connectivity appears to be one of best around, once I master it. In summary, as I have been driving for over 50 years I must say I am glad they don't make cars like they did in the 1960's, FoMoCo should learn a lesson from this model, get it right the first time, the LW product issues almost stopped me from buying this car, until I drove the LZ.

Perth

Private message

Generation: LW Mk1 (2011-2012) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jan 2012

Gear box now the power steering

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I bought my Ford Focus 2011 in January 2012 as a demo model...since then have had the transmission changed x 2...after being treated by the dealer as an idiot for 6 months each time I had to resort to begging for them to believe me and now find the power steering is gone...quoted $4300 to fix...the cars not even worth that much...Ford never again...what a lemon.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Purchase Generation: LZ (2015-2018) Body: Hatch Badge: RS Transmission: Manual Date Purchased: May 2018

Ford Focus RS... just awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

After enjoying four great years with the Subaru BRZ, it was time to look for a car with a bit more space, perhaps more performance, didn’t compromise on handling... and, of course, manual. Sad to let the BRZ go but the Ford Focus RS is simply awesome.

What a great car! The Focus RS strikes the balance of fun and practicality. The term hot hatch doesn’t so it justice. This is an athlete which growls and pops as you go (note the engine can be a bit “hungry”)... and you can fit two baby seats and a pram behind those Recaros!

First Ford and the solid feel was a nice surprise. Smooth and quality gear shift is such a pleasure you don’t notice that it might be slightly long for a sports car.

Some people have complained about the ride. It is true that it is firm and too “jiggly”. However, it is a sport car and no worse than a BRZ or 86.

It would be nice if the Recaro seats had a height adjustment and the rear view camera had a higher resolution but these are minor comments. A couple of issues picked up following delivery but Ford Service fixed them and provided a complimentary car whilst in the shop.

I also like the fact the Focus RS is such great value and delivers performance comparable to a AMG A43 or BMW M2.

Northcote

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: LW Mk1 (2011-2012) Body: Hatch Badge: Titanium Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2013

Ford Focus EPAS Power Steering Failure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

This is just an update on the common EPAS failure in the 2011 - 2015 Ford Focus. I own a 2011 model, which is out of warranty by almost 2 years. After the EPAS steering failed, I was presented with a $6000 bill to repair it. I filed against Ford Australia in VCAT under the Australian Consumer Law. Ford settled and paid for the repair before the court date and the matter has now been finalised. I urge anyone else with this issue to do your research and if possible, file in consumer court under the ACL.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

BROOKDALE

Private message

Generation: LW Mk2 (2012-2015) Body: Sedan Badge: Sport Engine Size: 1.8 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Ford Focus, A friendly and practical family car.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I often use it to work.Although this car is small, but also can be satisfied with the family.I also often participate in other car friends self-driving tour.I use the car every day.I provide daily maintenance, as well as periodic maintenance.My car is still relatively new, so there are no problems.

Private message

Generation: LW Mk2 (2012-2015) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Engine Size: 1.6 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2016

WORST CAR EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Ford Focus 2015 model.
The car is experiencing all the same issues as everyone else's. Bucks/jerks/shudders/high revs.
Ford deny there is a problem, despite increasing the warranty specific to the clutch.
I have had multiple TCM upgrades and I have had 1 clutch replacement.
Ford have denied me a refund twice, despite breaching the Australian Consumer Law.
The ACL states that a product is deemed to have a major fault when the product has a problem that would of stopped the purchaser from buying it had they known about it.. and a major fault entitles the purchaser to THEIR CHOICE of a refund or replacement.. Ford will not accept it. I cannot understand how they are breaking the law and getting away with it. ACCC and Bannister law have taken Ford to court over this very model of car.
DONT BUY A FORD FOCUS and DONT BUY A FORD. I know I never will again.

Melbourne

Private message

Generation: LW Mk2 (2012-2015) Body: Hatch Badge: Trend Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jun 2012

Technically a lemon

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

This car has had numerous issues with its Power-shift transmission\clutch. I bought the car brand-new and it has never had a new car feeling because of it's jerky starts. Very disappointing, but I will give it an extra star for the features and general build quality - it does feel a lot more robust than the other cars in the same class that I test drove.

PAKENHAM

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Generation: LW Mk2 (2012-2015) Body: Sedan Badge: Trend Engine Size: 2.0 Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Jul 2014

fantastic car with a horrible gear box

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

it's really a very nice car but the gear box is very bad
if it's ok with you to have an issue with the gear box and get ford to fix it - like every 10000~15000 K, so go for it.
otherwise The Engine is very powerful regarding the size, the parking sensor and monitor is very good

1 of 16 pages