An average hosting company.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

After being with Netregistry for 8 years, I have recently cancelled all services with them, purely because of slow speeds and secondary to that, a lack of recent support.
Twice I have submitted enquiries in the last 12 months or so regarding domain name minor issues and never received a reply but I will say other areas of support have been promptly dealt with in the past.
The recent price increase does not reflect the quality of server speed compared to other hosting companies at around the same cost.
I also would have expected a refund for 3 months of hosting services not used to have been automatically provided but so far, no communication about that has been received, so I am assuming reputation and quality of service to long term customers is not the priority it once was.
3 star review rating because over 8 years the service wasn't totally terrible at all but things do seem to be going downhill and by the looks of the reviews on here, others are of the same opinion.

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Erratic service and unethical practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Netregistry used to have a great brand but not any more: long outages and lost emails; charging your credit card before issuing an invoice; convoluted and inflexible processes to change hosting packages.

Once you are signed up it is extremely hard to cancel. A phone call or email will not be recognised - only cancellation on the C-panel is accepted and they make it difficult to find how to do it there. And beware: they may still attempt to charge you even after they have accepted your cancellation.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with our cancellation process lately. I've sent you a PM asking for a little more information, hopefully that will help us get to the bottom of this one.

Aaron

Hi Aaron, Thank you for the offer but I am not sure there is any point doing this. Your processes are such that the only cancellation you accept is by going through to the C-panel - and I was not... read more »

Too many mistakes.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I have been (and still am through laziness) with netregistry for 3 years and in that time they screwed up billing, domain registration, domain renewal and DNS management. The could not tell me critical information that another ISP could. Their customer service is friendly enough but it is clear they lack training.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi MrRC,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some problems with us over the years, is there anything outstanding that I can help you with?

Canberra

Terrible ISP

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Have had multiple issues with cPanel going to someone else’s domain. First time took 2 weeks to be resolved and it is broken again after another 2 weeks. Still waiting for it to be fixed. Support has been slow and shows little understanding. They don’t appear to understand the urgency or criticality of this sort of issue. I would strongly discourage anyone from using netregistry

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with our cPanel and our support team. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information, hopefully we can get this sorted and come to a good resolution.

Thanks Aaron,

That would be great but why do people need to come to productreview.com before anything happens?

Andrew

Pathectic......

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

You simply can not rate these clowns un less it was on a scale of crap, then 10 out of 10 it would be. Netregistry closed down access to email Inbox & Website, contact to asked what happened they then proceeded to tell be they sent me an email to inform me of them closing my email after they closed my email.. Der.... So we closed our account, due to continues shut downs (apparently our problem) but because you cannot talk to an English speaking person nothing happens, and then they send you an overdue account because we spoke to some one who doesn't understand a word of English who could not do what was asked. Then they have the nerve to tell you they will send you to the debt collectors if you don't pay, after 12 months of trying to tell these people the account is closed as per there instructions. I could go on but they are just Oxygen thieves. grrrrrr

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our support team. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information, I'll look further into your issue and hopefully we can get a good resolution on this one.

southern highlands

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Poor standard of repair even after repeated attempts- in fact still waiting !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

We run a business and as sad as it may seem have a website up and running ALL the time and an email account that sends and receives emails has become a stock standard part of running a business. Our website went down our email has been out for over 24 hours. On dealing with support on live chat the first time I was told problem problem fixed it will take 3-4 hours to propagate. No luck.
Another live chat with support same line of investigation and reasoning No luck
Third time I was told I wasn't paid up, which I am, I then got an apology
Forth time " wait until 12 midday" it will be fixed....no it wasn't
Now still waiting and ...you guessed it no fix as yet
Appalling - frustrating and way too many expletives

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are currently experiencing service disruptions with your website and email accounts. I will send you a PM asking for more details, so I can further assist you with restoring these services.

Kind regards,
Frank

Hi Frank
Thanks for your 'sorry to hear...' I wrote to you with my experience....and am still waiting for a response

This is perfect!! Great Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Lucas from Netregistry was absolutely amazing, our website is wonderful. We are getting great reviews from our members stating how easy friendly the website is, easy to use and looks appealing. The price is amazing and customer services from netregistry is great...

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Kim,

Thanks for leaving the great review, I'm glad to hear that you've had a great experience with us and you are happy with your website! I'll make sure this is passed on to Lucas.

Thanks!

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Best example of worst customer support ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

I reviewed Netregistry some time ago after losing my website backup and having a server which has open switches and prone to hacking, it would seem this company hasn’t learnt a thing since those days. Caveat Emptor in relation to this pathetic excuse of a internet service provider / hosting / website designer company. It is all done in India so the less said here the better. In actual fact after they lost my complete website they suggested I pay for another to be designed............ “REALLY”??
Just look at the auto responder on each comment what a joke, I have since had a new website professionally designed with monthly call up support and hosted on a secure server, all done cheaper with gd Aussie home grown support.
The risk and heart ache is all yours if you go with Net Deregistry

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Hank, Sorry to hear that you previously had lost the website that you had hosted with us. The feedback you have provided in your complaint is appreciated and will be passing this onto the relev... read more »

Hi there Frank, Thanks for the response and to answer your comment on backing up, Netregistry not only destroyed our website but also “accidentally” ?? deleted our backup leaving our company with z... read more »

Adelaide

• 4 helpful votes

Hopeless support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Shame I have to give a star at all! Have had numerous problems with the support from Netregistry, or more importantly, lack thereof. Managed to sort most of it out myself. Last straw was them migrating us to new servers, which resulting in the database connect dropping out regularly. They could not even identify the issue, let alone solve it. Ended up having to move to another hosting service, out of frustration.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with our products and customer service. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information, hopefully there is still something we can do to help out.

Private message

This is one of the worst companies tat I have dealt with in 40 years of being in business.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

I signed up for Domain Name and "Subscription Services" several years ago. Three years ago I switched to a company that is cheaper and gives better service. I had authorised Netregistry to set up automatic payment from my bank account every year. Despite submitting a Cancellation Request every year for the past three years, they continue to withdraw $56.95 every year from my account. They are near impossible to contact by phone. When I did succeed last year, The girl was very difficult to understand but did say that she would take care of it. . However, on 4/11/18 I received an email from Netrigistry informing me that they would be helping themselves to yet another subscription, no invoice or amount mentioned, then today they inform me that they will be extracting yet another subscription on 8/1/18!
My bank is unable to stop them from making these withdrawals because Netregistry set up the withdrawal arrangement with my permission. My only way to stop this theft is to close my bank account and open a new one. However, this would be a massive inconvenience to the dozens of honest businesses who pay into and take periodic payments from my account.
I now live in the hope that enough people will leave this dreadful company that it goes broke and ceases to exist.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with our billing system. I've sent you a PM asking for more details, I'll take a look into this and see how we can help.

Gosford

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

You have been warned(by all these reviews)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

1.2 stars. That says it all. Should be Zero
Its obvious that not many people do a check of reviews before using netregistry
I have been a customer of netregistry for over 10 years.
I did a review check of them before joining and back then it was not even called netregistry. I can't remember the name. It has changed hands several times and I believe that the last time which was early 2018 was when things went off the track.
I am in the process of changing hosting service.
I can no longer access emails and my inbox is full and i cannot delete emails without upgrading to a more expensive service. This is totally a sign of a company that is ripping off its customers.
According to the help files I should be able to increase my inbox limit of a tiny 100 mb by allocating some of my unused hosting space to email but it does not work according to their instructions.
I can't complain about the credit card being charged after cancelling but I will go to the trouble of changing my credit card number (big hassle) once I have changed hosting service so that they can't charge me again, as I believe the other reviewers concerning this.
Its a pity that we have to go through experiences like this. The service was good for me for years but I suspect that the new owners are the problem.
MY ADVICE IS CHANGE PROVIDERS AFTER DOING YOUR RESEARCH AND CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD AFTERWARDS. It is a hassle but a necessary step to stop thieving companies like this one.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a pretty poor experience with our services and support recently. I've sent you a PM for a little more information, hopefully we can get a good result on this one.

Perth

Private message

Whatever happened to customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

Sadly there is no customer service from this company. They had an issue with email hosting for two days before Xmas. I rang this morning to find out if this issue had been totally and why there were no updates etc. Told the issue had been sorted, but was I able to retrieve the emails over those two days.......no they are gone forever. Not good enough. We pay for a service that we simply are not receiving. Saying sorry numerous times doesn't help all I want is access to emails from 19th and 20th December that I have not received!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of the disruptions caused by the email issue. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information, hopefully we can come to a good resolution on this one.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Expensive provides no communication or invoices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2018

I tried to do the right thing and support an Australian company, but they are terrible. I ordered my domain from them a number of years ago, they don't provide you with any invoices or notifications of service increases, they charged me nearly $90 for a domain renewal this year, where godaddy charges you $37 for 2 years!! I will be transferring my domain as soon as I can.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Dean,

You should have received invoices for every purchase or payment with us, and notifications of any changes to your services. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information, I'll investigate this one further.

Terrible! Avoid!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

Absolutely the worst provider. We have had consistent issues for months with their email hosting systems. Recently had a 2 day full outage where we did not receive any emails. No communication from Netregistry about it. You cannot rely on Netregistry if you need a stable service. Would avoid at all cost.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi, We unfortunately faced some technical issues with our cloud email platform recently, however a fix has since been implemented and services should now be returning back to normal. All of our i... read more »

Verified Customer

Can't even build a website on time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

I recently started my own fitness clothing brand and took my business to Netregistry to do it for me. As we were still developing at the start of the contract, we didn't have enough information at the time to make anything, so all we did was choose templates. Start of October, my first shipment landed and I had the photo shoot done. I then sent off all the information mid October, made a few adjustments to some wording for the website, and waited for a response. Nothing. I emailed. Nothing. Emailed our Account Manager. Nothing until 5 days later. Resent information to them, because they claimed they "never received it" (yet they never communicated that earlier).. then nothing again. I confirmed I wanted it put into the development stage start of December after all these issues. Called them yesterday as the build was meant to be completed, guy in charge of my build is on Holiday, developers are saying 14th of Jan. Emailed account manager, no response. Now I'm being told 27th of December, 10 weeks after I tried to finalise this process.. They happily enter you into a contract, take your money monthly and offer no service, and stacks of excuses.. They are extremely unprofessional, have cost me thousands in lost sales, and not a single apology from anyone during the process.. Take your business elsewhere, these guys are a genuine 0 star company.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the build of your website. I've sent you a PM asking for more information, hopefully we can come to a good result on this one.

• 1 helpful vote

Unprofessional and inexperienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

A business that provides critical supports to many businesses, there is no excuse for server failure that currently exceeds 36 hours. Any reliable business like Net Registry must have strategies to overcome server failure.
How can businesses have confidence in your business if you cannot manage situations like this.
Our business provides critical support to the disability community across Australia so like many businesses who rely on your infrastructure to earn income, our business relies on your infrastructure to support people in their everyday lives.
Your communication needs to be better on your website, you need to invest in more IT staff to assist with calls, chat and website communications. This is a time to invest in your clientele and no be concerned about your bottom line.
Please take charge NetRegistry, you are affecting many many people.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Ryan, We unfortunately faced some technical issues with our cloud email platform, however a fix has since been implemented and services should now be returning back to normal. I've sent you a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Email doesn’t work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

What a terrible experience.
Company email hasn’t been working properly since yesterday and it really affects our business.
If it doesn’t get fixed soon, we have no choice but to seek legal advice for compensation.
They also charged $1300 for the service I never used. I sent inquiry and they have made it urgent.
But I still haven’t heard anything it’s already 7days past.
I’m going to let other people know about this poor service by using Facebook and Instagram.
Netregistry does not take this serious and this is the problem!!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Danny, We unfortunately faced some technical issues with our cloud email platform, however a fix has since been implemented and services should now be returning back to normal. I've sent you a... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer

Netregistry has lost its edge as a leading Australian provider

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

First up, I think it's pretty rude of NetRegistry to help themselves to my automatic credit card Domain renewal a full MONTH before it becomes due. That's a smart little cash flow trick at the customers' early expense. Second, we cannot access our emails today, nor can I login to our account/s, and their Chat Window just times out and returns to the Home Page. This is NOT the NetRegistry of old and given the recent increase in prices one wonders where the value is. Very disappointing. Time to look for an alternative.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Ivan, Our auto-renew feature renews the domain 30 days in advance to make sure that there is no chance of outage during the renewal process. You should have received a few emails about it in th... read more »

Horrible. If I could give no stars I would

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

Our site has been down for over 32 hours now. I have contacted their support and he keeps telling me they have 'coordinated this issue with support'. Ummm, aren't I speaking with support?
At the end of the 57 minute chat, I am no closer to having our website up or knowing what the issue is.
This is not the first time I've had bad experiences with Netregistry either. Support tickets take days and days to be responded to.
Stay away

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you had with your website. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information.

sydney

Private message

Emails down no action or updates from Netregistry

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Email servers have been down since yesterday afternoon. No response or updates from Netregistry. At this time of year its a terribly poor service to not keep their clients informed with regular updates as to when service will be back online.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hello, We unfortunately have faced some technical issues with our cloud email platform, however a fix has since been implemented and services should now be returning back to normal. For further u... read more »

Thanks Frank I have no issue with technical problems, this is part of life so that is not the unfortunate part. The unfortunate part of this is that we were not kept up to date with where things... read more »

1 of 16 pages