Incompetent! Do not use NETREGISTRY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

My VPS has been inaccessible for over a month. I call them daily. Every day they say it is the highest priority and "senior support staff" will contact me. They have never contacted me. Whomever you choose for your VPS / ISP, don't even think about Netregistry. Their service and product support is pathetic. The staff on "chat" or answering the phone have no ability to resolve issues.

Verified Customer

Avoid like the Plague!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

They have no idea what they're doing, have huge support queues when you call, they simply don't care about their customers, and couldn't resolve my issue anyway. Go elsewhere for your website needs. I can't stress this enough.

Poor Service and Rip Off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Having migrated earlier in the year from Uber Global, the move to Netregistry has been a disaster. When you call, no one can answer your questions as English not first language. Double charged for services already paid for with Uber. When rang to complain or send an email - given the run around. Took 3 months to resolve. Disable your auto renew and delete your credit card details. Rang and left message for someone to call me back 4 months ago. Still waiting! Do Not Use - Run away as fast as possible!

Horrendous incompetence bordering criminal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

I have one humble domain name hosted through this poor excuse for a business. I tried to have my business emails hosted through this mob of un-trained and uninterested robots.
Words in a short review cannot possibly reflect just how much I find this company despicable.
In short it took over a month of regular phone calls and submitting of support tickets to try and set up my emails. Problem still wasn’t fixed. Interestingly enough I decided to pull the pin and it took the new host less than 10 minutes to set up my emails.
If you are prone to heart attacks, stress issues or strokes give this company the biggest wide birth possible.

• 5 helpful votes

Little Support and Hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Whatever you do... DON'T use this company... Melbourne IT has brought a lot of the large hosting companies in Australia and is moving everyone to NetRegistry... the support and service at NetRegistry is a TOTAL JOKE!

Save yourself a lot of time and headache and keep looking for a different host.

I cancelled my service before being moved to NetRegistry and 2 weeks on I am still trying to get my refund sorted... I keep getting the runaround and no one seems to help and I can wait days for a reply.

When contacting Live Chat I am told they cannot help and to send an email... when telephoning I am told they cannot help and they will send an email and when an email is sent it is you are lucky to get a reply.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Avoid like the plague - Completely ruined my company's email services for 1 week and then another 3

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Netregistry bought out my email host and were to transition smoothly. Lost emails for my entire company for a week before we were migrated back to Uber Global. Just this week emails went down again without any notification. Supposedly we were migrated again to Netregistry. Emailed Netregistry on Tuesday. Today is Thursday, still no reply. Can't login to cPanel to check anything - it just fails to connect. Uber Global saying that they can't do anything. Netregistry live are blaming Uber for not sending out migration information however, Netregistry claimed in a prior email to migration that they were going to take care of all the technical details. Fled Netregistry for another host - emails commenced immediately.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Service is so sub-zero its Artic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

Seriously, we have been attempting to resolve simple CPanel email access issues and domain registration transferals for 3 months now. This means our website and emails have been out of service for 3 months (as we can not verify via ICANN until they get the email working). Maddening lack of comprehension from Philippines based call center. Nothing helps... calls, emails, highlighted sections on screenshots to identify problems. NEVER NEVER USE this service. Our business was automatically ported over by UberGlobal and its been a nightmare -- think Hotel California level of entrapment .. no matter how desperately we try, until they unlock our email service, we can never leave.

Hastings

• 5 helpful votes

Highly stressful experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Attempted to have website built - "design team" demonstrated no ability or interest in design - unable to contact any individual (only the poor workers in the call centre) - "managers" remain nameless and uncontactable except by email, to which they do not respond - billed month after month with no product delivered.

• 28 helpful votes

This Company Should be SHUT DOWN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Billed me for a service I never requested. Continued to harass me for payment of a service that was never provided. Yes, beyond a joke! Do not get involved with this company.
Despite providing them with documented evidence that they admitted this was a mistake on their behalf, they continued to pursue me for money that was not owed, for a service that was not provided. I intend to lodge a fraud complaint with the NSW police.

Verified Customer

Netregistry are beyond a joke and steel money from your credit card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

My hosted exchange email was migrated over from Uber Global with not consultation of options given to me. The migration was a nightmare, and getting support or an answer was impossible.

As a part of the migration, Netregistry attempted to “upsell” and bundle in a heap of products that I have no interest in or use for, not to mention the 40% price hike at the same time. I contacted Netregistry and advised that I did not want the expensive package and just wanted the email hosting. They were so hard to deal with, but insisted that I would have to use their website to purchase the product that I wanted. I did this so not they are now in possession of my credit card details for the first time.

They have then debited my credit card for the purchase that I attempted to make, and then without my permission and against my expressed wishes used my credit card to purchase the package that I had written to them 6 times stating that I do not want. I have contacted them repeatedly for over a month now, with no response and no refund.

No response, not service, no refund, no ethics, no support!

Stay away from NETREGISTRY unless you want to be ripped off.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

The worst experience in customer service in 30 years of business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

We own more than 150 domains for a variety of different businesses and have 10 websites for our group, so we are very experienced in dealing with a variety of web domain registry companies.

I am not going to waste much more time thinking about netregistry, except to say, in 37 years of doing business, I cant remember dealing with a bigger much of idiots and time wasters, they also used our credit cards without authorization !!! WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

ABSOLUTE WORST

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

This company has very poor ethics. They should be investigated by Authorities and shut down. They took over hosting my accounts from another company and have been extremely difficult to get things back from to the point of being criminal. The only reason they get a star is because there is no lower rating. Really they would be getting a negative 5 star

Shocking service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I called as Netregistry had a deal of $11.95 a year for domain registry and this is the conversation I received on line..

I see. The one that you can see in our homepage that is for domain registration promo that we offer. But for renewal of domain that would be $38.95 good for 2 years.
3:48:39 PM
Me
So why as a customer am I not offered this, if not there are many other companies offering this deal that i can go too
3:49:32 PM
[name removed]
That's your option. :)

Private message

Told total nonsense re web site build costs , charged twice for set up fees, no so called free $200

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Absolutely furious with this mob, I am a new business who needed online presence before EOFY, all I have got is misery . I am still invisible in Google searches .

Doabolical

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

The service and support received from Netregistry has to be close to the worst I have ever received. The misinformation and lack of knowledge regarding their products and services was woeful.

Sydney

Very poor Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

My hosting provider was bought out for the third time, recently by Netregistry. On each previous migration i had no issues with websites after migration. After our recent Netregistry migration all my sites had issues (Joomla and Wordpress). I have a very difficult time with getting them to rectify the issue and was told that I should go in and fix the migration issues myself (not that I even new where to start). I am still experiencing database backend issues.
Not Happy. My sites were also down for a few weeks due to my not paying attention to the migration so my sites Google ranking has been effected.
The Netregistry dashboard is buggy also if you can believe that, not in a serious way just with alert links that don't work. Not happy at all.

Cessnock, NSW

Verified Customer

The worst of the worst. Close to criminal.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

In June, Netregistry took over my web-hosting provider. They took funds from my bank account, despite the fact that I'd already paid twelve months in advance. They then shut down my web sites and email addresses. After weeks of bullying and harassment I've moved to another provider, but Netgregistry still has my advance payment. If I could give them less than one star, I would.

MELB

Verified Customer

This is The Worst Company On Earth!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

What a joke of a company!
Netregistry bought out our old registrar and transferred all the clients over to Netregisrty, they do not answer support requests, you cannot remove your credit card details from the site even though they are not authorised to use the credit card details. They do not answer support requests, there is no options to cancel the products with them.

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

Bordering criminal negligence.

Double charging for services, charging for services that were never requested.

Migrating half of our account, charging us for it for 4 months but not completing their service

Private message

Shut our site down with no notification

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

We were not notified that we needed to renew and out of the blue they shut down our site, saying we had not renewed. On our account it says our domain doesn't expire for another month. We were given no notification or warning that our domain name was being turned off. We since paid our renewal in advance and so far it has taken all week and we still do not have our site up and running. Slow to reply to emails and they are not proactive in fixing our problem. Very poor performance!

1 of 7 pages