Thanks for the added SPAM. p.s. I'm Vegan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Super disappointed. After registering a new domain with Net Registry I received a large number of spam to my personal email as well as calls 24/7 to my personal phone number. I rejected the offer to purchase the ID Protection when registering my domain name that they tried to up sell for an added cost. The random webdevelopers, logo designers and SEO guru SPAM all started within 24 hours.

I later went to VentraIP to look at their pricing and saw that they provided ID Protection FREE OF CHARGE with all domain registrations. Wish I spent 10 more minutes researching...

*Face Palm*

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Terrible service, terrible support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

I have been waiting 2 days for help delegating my domain to a new name server. Their online tools are completely broken and their support staff keep telling me that it will take 'this many' or 'that many' hours to be updated.

This is the worst experience I have ever had managing a domain

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. I would love to help you out, I've sent you a private message asking for some more information.

Aaron

It’s a shame you guys don’t respond to your support tickets this quickly

Verified Customer

My experience has been satisfactory.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

I wouldn't say that Netregistry are great - everything about them is fairly average. They have made some stuff-ups in the past. That said I have found them to be generally OK. Support is generally good, fairly responsive, and available 24/7. That said I will be moving to a different registrar as there is just better value out there. I think they deserve more than 1 star though.

they charge you without your permission, your personal info is not secured

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

the manager pushes you to stay with them, but they are the most expensive domain hosting company, bad service
not honest, you can easily find any other company with lower price, they are the most expensive one, not honest

Read the Terms and Conditions when purchasing domain names

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

The staff are helpful but that's not much consolation when you've blown $50 unaware that there is no refund/credit on domain names or backorders. I was given poor advice and granted I bought the backorder by mistake, I called moments later when I realized that I'd made the wrong purchase and they agreed to cancel but they denied a credit - even towards the other two domains I have with them. Lesson learned: read the small print with this company, as it was not made clear enough that when you purchase domains or backorders, there is no refund or credit.

Verified Customer

Jacking up the price - once you're committed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Netregistry upped Basic Cpanel rates from $9.90 to $12.95. But not for new customers, only existing customers.
Netregistry will not refund or make my rate as per their advertised rate available to all others on their home page.

Other sucky things:
- Overpriced Domain registration
- Predatory pricing - locking you in and upping the price
- No notification of price increase (only notified in console)

Netregistry shut down my business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Would not recommend Netregistry. Tech support is in the Philippines you wait ..and wait in a long queue. Terrible experience. Thank goodness we have moved on - our business doesn't need Netregistry.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I have been very happy with my experiences with Netregistry. Any problems, which have been on my part, have been dealt with professionally and pleasantly. The tech advice on the phone was helpful and when I still couldn't fix the problem myself, the support person fixed it for me. I highly recommend Netregistry.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Sue, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with us.

Aaron

Under no circumstance should you use net registry

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

They do not deliver the service they promised, they have cost our business more money than we can recover in sales. They have no ethical integrity and don’t care about their customers unless they are getting money from them. Don’t get sucked in by them. Avoid at all costs.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Tina, I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with us, that's definitely not what we are striving towards. I've sent you a direct message asking for some more information.

Giving away personal info

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Would not recommends Netregistry.

I joined Netregistry to purchase a Domain - that same day I was contacted On my personal phone number constantly by third parties wishing to 'build my website' that I don't want. So they are sharing my private information, hate to think about credit card numbers.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Jodi, I can assure you that we do not share any of your personal information, especially not your credit card numbers. I've sent you a direct message with a little more information on this scenario.

Terrible domain registrar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Domains are overpriced, and you only get 10 DNS record changes "included" per year. What the hell. It takes 6 record changes just to setup Google apps. This is the worst service I have ever heard of

Good service and short wait time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I found them very helpful and there wasn't a really long wait time to talk to someone. The guy tried a few options before the whole systme worked properly but in the end all was very good

Terrible service. Blames everyone else when the fault is them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

i'm in the process of removing all my domain names and services from them. I was told my account details are hosted on a legacy system??? therefore I cant login and change DNS entries. Having to call up every time is a pain but the real kicker is when they get it WRONG. I say exactly what needs to be removed and what needs to be added and in a few hours I do a DNS check to see its completely messed up resulting in another call. im sick of waiting on hold to correct their stuff ups.

To add more salt to the wound. Netregistry uses Spamrl.com service for their clients emails. I'm not the only network administrator who has come across the pathetic service Spamrl.com is. I have one of my servers that every week gets listed on their system. I have been monitoring a catchall filter on the "reported" I.P. and there is absolutely nothing unauthorized going on, yet every week it's back again.

Spamrl.com takes no responsibility and will not provide what it is that is triggering their systems. "Please do not contact us for de-listing requests, or to request details about the block (only the recipient can request such details from their antispam provider)." Is on their contact details. Netregistry takes no responsibility and blames everyone else including their own customers. Yet, their own customers are not getting these messages in order to take back to Netregistry to sort out.

If you have your business hosted with Netregistry, I wish you luck with the sales you will be loosing.

As soon as I purchased a domain through net registry, I received ten phone calls from India

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Net-registry has no ethics. They have sold my contact information to god knows how many IT companies in India because I didn't purchase pay extra for "Privacy". As soon as I paid for the domain, I have received about 10 phone calls from India trying to sell me all sorts of web and hosting services. A lot of the phone calls are at 10 PM!!!!! Seriously do they even know a concept called time difference?
The amount of marketing phone calls will blow your mind and you will end up paying the Privacy. I feel being blackmailed to purchase something that customers should be entitled at no cost.

treated well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I never had a problem with Netregistry. Any issues were dealt with promptly and professionally, the people I dealt with always helpful and all issues were solved quickly. I can understand most people will review when they have a problem but not when things go well so here's a review from a happy customer, thank you.

Great Service Every Time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

I find the support from Net Registry to be Excellent. I have used both telephone and online support and each time they have been very patient and polite and helpful and solved my problems quickly.

Verified Customer

Perfect example of how to run a terrible business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Spent two hours with their tech support to ensure that there plan to migrate our email service to Office 365 would not impact our business. Gave them access to our pc's, servers and DNS records and was told everything was fine. They then migrated my businesses emails across 5 days and we lost access straight away. Was told things were not set up correctly but it wasn't Netregistry's fault. They then drip feed instructions which I then processed one at a time and went back to them only to be told of another step. Was promised timelines and call backs every time, but nothing ever happened. Now without emails for 4 days and waiting. Absolute joke of a service, would pay twice as much not to have to use them again, luckily their competitors only charge half.

The worst company I have ever dealt with.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

these people are a disgrace. They have given me misinformation which has resulted me in losing months of access to my website, which they host. When I asked them months ago if they host it, they insisted they didn't, when in fact they did. Only after researching and sending them a document proving they hosted it, they got back to me with a pathetic apology about giving me the wrong information! Then adised they are closing the case, without even offering to rectify the mistake. They then ask you for feedback (automated email) which even then, they did not address their own incompetence.

Adelaide

Private message

Terrible support service, fail to assist customers in a timely manner. Call centre is mostly useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Netregistry service has become steadily worse since we first signed up with them.

We tried to renew our SSL online back in April, the online process would not work. We called support and made the renewal by phone. We were charged and invoiced for the new SSL service. Then, our still-current 12 month certificate was terminated 1 month early in order to facilitate the new certificate installation...Charged for 12 month service but terminated at 11 months..?

Then told the new SSL certificate would take several days to install, leaving us with a site without SSL certificate over a weekend when our busiest sales period is. Then, after we complained, they reinstated our old certificate

Old certificate now expired. new certificate not installed. Waiting almost 7 days now without SSL Certificate on an eCommerce site and told could be another 24-48 hours.

We have been loyal customers spending more each year. Your support staff are not empowered to escalate a call to a person that is responsible for customer service standards.

It is impossible to speak to someone accountable for service delivery failures.

Management have blatant disregard and contempt for customers by limiting their ability to speak with a human regarding a complaint or service failure.

The worst experience ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Frustrating!! Website hosting was transferred to netregisry and website was hacked from day one so we had no access to the website. Repeated emails asking for assistance with no assistance provided from netregistry. Had to go to an alternative host company who restored the site ( and have since had no hacking issues) to be then charged by Netregistry for still having an account with them when they were no longer hosting. When asked for a full refund the reply is: "'as the service cancellation was requested after the renewal, an early termination fee applies." How is it possible to re charge a service fee when you not only no longer hosting the site but the website was hacked the whole time we were with them?? Avoid at all costs- terrible does not even begin to describe the lack of service and hosting provided!!

1 of 11 pages