I agree they charged me for another year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I am right with you, I cancelled their service even before the 1 year contract was up and moved everything to HOST GATOR, but when the renewal came they charged me another years subscription for the Cpanel hosting and when I talked to them on the day they charged me they. they left me on hold for about 50 min then hung up on me I called back and waited another 15 min to be told they will not refund the money and then they cut the call (aka Hung up on me). for 3 months prior to me leaving my site was done more time that it was working.
fair trading should step in and sort this company out.

So slow to respond

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Over a week to reply to a support ticket ??? That is not support! If we ignored our customers like this we wouldn’t have a business. Time to move on to a new host.

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Cliffy,

I am sorry to hear about the lack of response you have received with your support ticket. Can you please let me know what your support ticket number is and I will make sure that someone responds ASAP.

• 8 helpful votes

Complete and utter incompetence

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

It would take me too long to list the faults with this company and the number of times they have screwed us over. Here's some of the highlights:

- Have continued to charge on multiple occasions after a service was cancelled. When questioned, they fight it and claim that they never received a cancellation request. Even better, on a service that THEY cancelled, they still kept charging and still refused to refund the payments.

- Deleted the email account of our company's managing director (who knows why). Took them two weeks to figure out how to re-enable it. Apparently they're an IT company though.

- Cancelled an Exchange service that was critical for us and blamed us for not migrating properly, despite being told that this would be handled. Refused point blank to provide copies of the mailboxes that they disabled access to.

- Botched the upgrade of one of the Exchange mailboxes and lost another week's worth of email (because it took them a week to fix). Said they "couldn't do anything about it".

- Turned off a server that we were told would remain active and accessible "for the forseeable future" (which turned out to be about 24 hours after they said this).

- Corrupted an exchange inbox, took them close to two weeks to figure out how to fix it.

- Have a phone system that puts you on hold for two hours before disconnecting you. Takes 4-5 days to respond to a support email, no matter what the urgency. Even if you have no service, expect at least a week for them to resolve anything.

Unfortunately migrating a business service away is difficult, but we're working on it.

If I could rate them zero stars I would. I have never dealt with such a useless bunch of people.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hello,

I apologise for the ongoing issues you seem to have experienced recently on your account. I have PM'd you asking for more details so I can try and assist with your outstanding issues.

I will await your response.

Gold coast

Private message

The rudest and most inefficient and unprofessional technical and customer support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

The rudest and unprofessional customer and technical support you can experience.
my experience started with transfer of host: the website shut down, the guy who transferred it didn't leave any note, they told me It was my fault and my claim that it was done by one of them was a lie!
2- I used their terrible website builder, panels sizes were changing overnight, they claimed my computer was hacked
again they didn't do anything
so I started using wordpress, I had to cancelled website builder
I called several times I was reassured if I cancelled website builder, it won't affect my website. So I cancelled it, and within 5-6 hours the website and my emails were down. I was in panic, again in a cold blood they said it was a mistake.
3- I applied for a SSL certificate. The first time I applied and I didn't receive it I was told I applied through a different website, which I didn't, the guy told me I imagined it.
The customer service and technical support team is located in Phillipines. They are absolutely rude and unprofessional.
I don't recommend Netregistry to anyone. Just stress and humiliation from a bunch of kid on the other side of phone line.
One of them tole me I misheard the name of his colleague because of my phone. They just come up with all inds of theories when it comes to their mistake. They have no shame of calling you liar or defective, and mistaken.
Terrible service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Sam, I am sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory experience you have encountered with our customer service team recently. I have PM'd you asking for more information so I can try and assist you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

They won’t let me close my account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Appalling situation of unauthorised access to my bank account two years after I closed my account! They claim the account is not closed even though the domain no longer exists and they are charging for domain hosting. Not sure how you can charge for a service that is not being provided either! The account they claim is still open is impossible to close without providing highly invasive personal documents even though my ABN is the same and my mobile number! They refuse to send details to my current email address and now have threatened they will continue to deduct from my account and will send a debt collector if I don’t! Impossible to deal with.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Carolyn,

I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you have had with us recently. I have PM'd you asking for more information so I can further look into this for you.

Pear shaped

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Can’t send emails using their server. Purchased latest outlook as they requested. Still don’t work.
Very ordinary at the moment, been over 2 weeks.
Case number 02467126
I need communication Netregistry, very unhappy

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Nick, Thank you for leaving us a review however I am sorry to hear about the email troubleshooting issues you have been facing recently. I have notified the team leader in the technical support... read more »

• 10 helpful votes

Nightmare dealing with NetRegistry

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Should have come here earlier to check on the review, terrible company and people, worst ever experienced. Issue after issue and no customer service what so ever. Got cut off 5 out of 5 times on the phone while on hold for them to check.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi David,

I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you have encountered when contacting our customer service team recently. I have sent you a PM in an attempt to resolve your outstanding issues.

Adelaide

Private message

Seems like the wheels have fallen off this week

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Like a lot of others here, my email service has been ruined by Netregistry since the 'upgrade' to a different server.
Lost a day of emails. Can only receive, not send now.
Help line is the worst I have encountered. I have rung twice and both times had to tell the person on the other end that it is very noisy on their end line.
Noise, as in 1) children crying and 2) people singing.
Unreal! Sounds like the call centre is set up in a KINDERGARTEN
"Sorry about that sir"

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some email troubles - I've sent you a PM asking for a little more information.

As for the noise in our call centre, I'll investigate this further and see what can be done.

Sydney

• 1 comment
Private message

Absolute Business Destroyer !!!!! DON'T USE NETREGISTRY EVER !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Migrated their server and took our website and entire email accounts down without prior notifications and any backup plan to have our website stay up and running. No time frame when they can fix the problem. Keep telling us they are doing the best they can and it has been two days already. This is the most unreliable company. We have started looking for another provider. Not worth to have our business destroyed by their incompetence and lack of care at all for their customers.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble following migration. I've sent you a PM asking for more information, hopefully we can get this one resolved.

Aaron

Aaron just sent one message asking for the ticket number and I gave it to him. No further response after that.

Melbourne

Absolutely Appalling!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

The provide no service whatsoever. My business emails have been down for 3 days, and I am unable to get any sort of intelligence from anyone that I have contacted. They promised me a resolution in 24hrs, still waiting. I got a person by the name of Cedd on the online chat and he deliberately disconnected me because he didn't understand what I was saying. Tried to call 7 times and every time I was put on hold I was disconnected only a few minutes later. When I finally did get in contact with someone they could not understand or speak fluent english. This is the most disgusting service I have ever had to deal with. I would NOT NOT NOT use Netregistry, EVER!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi,

I apologise for the poor experience you've had with our support team. I've sent you a PM asking for a little more information, hopefully we can get this problem fixed ASAP.

Private message

Useless, annoying and they passo n your number to other companies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Very annoying service people cant understand you when you call the call centre and can't answer basic questions without it taking ten minutes. They also gave my number out to telemarketers who are calling me multiple times a day harassing me to buy stuff. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE AWFUL!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Helen, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our support team - I've sent you a direct message asking for a little more info. I can assure you that Netregistry does not provi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Worst Service Ever!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I have being a customer since 2014 and have never experienced such incompetence when it comes to support after a botched server upgrade on Net registry's end. I have since switched to VentraIP and will not be looking back at these people.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Dom,

I am sorry to hear that you have had a unsatisfactory experience with us recently which has now resulted in you choosing a different hosting provider.

Rip offs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

Never use this company , they keep taking money from your account even after you have de registered ,this company is discusting.I have contacted them many times and followed there instructions on how to end the contract but nothing ever works.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received great service from us. I've sent you a direct message, hopefully we can get this issue resolved.

Knox

Private message

Unlawful Behaviour - DO NOT USE Net registry EVER!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I would have given zero stars if possible.
It is illegal to take money without providing the goods or services ordered.
This is what Net Registry have done.
DO NOT EVER USE Net registry.
Google pointed out that the Net Registry Starter software was "Hack-able", this is well below good commercial standard or even my expectation of public moral standards.
I have pointed this out over about 20 emails spanning about 10 different case numbers, over the past 18 months or so and they still refuse to give me a full refund.
THIS IS IMMORAL AND ILLEGAL.
DO NOT EVER USE Net registry.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Trev,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with our services. I've sent you a PM asking for a little more information, hopefully we can sort this one out.

Private message

Don't waste your time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

They sold me their VPS service with management as they could have it running within 24hrs ~$250/month. I was told this was enough for my needs. Two days later, tech guy then says I need to add cPanel +$40/month. I say ok, proceed as my website has now been down for three days. I follow up after another 24hrs as nothing has happened and I had not received any follow up. Over the next 24hrs I am told the package I purchased is not compatible and that the shopping cart should not have allowed it. I am told I need to upgrade to the next VPS service with the cPanel and management ~$390/month. I ask to speak with a tech guy regarding the differences, priority service being one of the main points the sales person states, and guess what - the VPS tech guys are not available to take calls. Keep away from these guys if you value your time, money and sanity.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi edgpol,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience with our sales and technical staff. I've sent you a PM asking for a little more information, hopefully we can come to a resolution on this issue.

Verified Customer

Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Tried to sell me extra 1 year domain registration to transfer my domain. Double checked and this was not necessary at all. Probably shouldn't be allowed to conduct business in Australia to be honest.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear you're not having a good experience with us. I've sent you a PM with a little more info that hopefully clarifies the situation.

Melboune

• 2 comments

Absolutely terrible business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I received an email a few weeks ago from Netregistry alerting me that one of the domain names I own was autorenewing. I clicked through on the email and took the auto-renew off that particular domain.

Low and behold I received an invoice via email for the renewal of this domain, called the help desk and after a conversation was basically told I was a lier, provided with a reference number and that I should call back. Now I admit I was pretty annoyed with the company and the lady on the end of the phone was made perfectly aware of my displeasure - this business has been an absolute pain to deal with.

Today I received an email saying tough luck, the domain renew wasn't switched off and you can't have a refund. This is despite there being similar reviews on this website, with exactly the same issue - IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER TO JUST SAY GET LOST.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS AT ALL COSTS.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi SMD,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a less than satisfactory experience with us. I've sent you a PM asking for a little more information, hopefully we can reach a resolution on this one.

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
Private message

Very average customer service overall! Auto-renewed domain when previously clicked to not renew.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

I was encouraged by a friend to try Netregistry and I thought why not. So I gave them a go and tried them for a few years. There were quiet a few problems with connectivity for my customers overseas and finally thought it is time to go elsewhere. I finished up the website and went through a couple of things that needed turning off on their account console and clicked the button slider to not auto renew the 2 domains. Lo and behold I was just charged for the auto renew and was told nothing can be done to get my money back for the 2 domains that i can't use as the business does not exist any more.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Jamie,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with us recently. I've sent you a direct message asking for a little more information to hopefully sort this one out.

Frank

Told that i didn't turn off the auto-renew button and that i only turned it off after the auto renew. Clearly I would turn it off again after it renewed something that I said I didn't want. I am no... read more »

Melbourne IT can do better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I've been dealing with Melbourne IT for 7 years. I have many domain names and hosting services with Melbourne IT. I don't mind paying a premium if staff are committed to solving problems and following up. Most of time, my technical issues are resolved with level 1 or level 2 support and usually they are resolved in a timely manner. I do wish however, that the first person to pick up the phone is an Australian rather than a call centre in Manilla.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for the review, we really appreciate hearing from our long term customers. I'll make sure to pass on your feedback.

Melbourne

Absolutely the worst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Netregistry and Melbourne IT do not care about there clients at all. I have had ongoing issues with them, going back a couple of months. I've had many wasted hours on both live chat and phone calls trying to get my website, which Melbourne IT built, fixed and have been given a different response or reason for the problem every single time. They're more than happy to take your money but don't provide any support.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Netregistry Official

Hi Sherry,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with us. I've sent you a direct message asking for a little more information, hopefully we can sort this one out.

1 of 14 pages