Review rating:

Getting better all the time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

When I bought my ZAD 80 CE/N, I played it along with a 600 series Taylor a PRS American made a Takamine special edition and several other fine guitars. I only tried the Zager because I stumbled across some reviews and decided to investigate. The choice was easy. They were all fine guitars but the Zager sounded better and played easier. Great quality tone woods, excellent construction and beautiful appearance and excellent value. I'm a song writer. I play this guitar everyday. After more than five years it sounds amazing and is getting richer as time goes by. I love my guitar.

Scott J Condos

Amazing customer service! Wonderful guitar.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I was recently restringing my Zager guitar and accidentally broke the high E string by kinking it in the tuning peg hole during install. Luckily I had a spare set of new Zager strings and robbed the high E string from a package. I wrote and email and asked if I could purchase just one string to make complete my new (spare) set and Danny immediately replied and offered to send me a replacement string at no cost if I could just verify my address! I received the string today and now have a complete set of new strings. These are amazing strings and sound incredible! The customer service response was in less than 20 mins via email and i immediately received the offer of a free replacement string. This is indeed rare in the world today. Thanks for great service and a great product!

Best guitar picks ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I just received my new carbon fiber picks and consider them to be the best picks I have ever used. They make enhance the tone of the guitar.
E.W. Bridwell

Zager ZAD80CE OM

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I bought the ZAD80CE OM brand new 3 weeks ago. It is a beautiful instrument with a warm tone; I couldn't be happier with the cedar top. I waited a long time for the perfect guitar and regret nothing about this purchase. As a side note, this has been one of the best customer service experiences I have ever received. Thanks Zager.

Beautiful guitar, lovely rich sound,easy to play

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Zager Guitars provides excellent customer service. They answered all my questions in a timely way. They included a lot of wonderful extras with the guitar such a an excellent case. I am very happy with the guitar that I bought. It is a beautiful and has a lovely rich sound. I was surprised how little force I needed to play barre chords. The coated strings are easy on the fingers.

An amazing, quality guitar. Very happy with my Zager ZAD 80 CE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

My ZAD 80 CE is a Christmas gift and I couldn’t be more pleased with the decision to chose Zager. With some arthritis in my hands the guitar plays super easy given the extra string spacing and the sound is amazing (rich) at both low and high ends. But it was the price that grabbed my attention at first......an all hard wood cutaway electric that sounds as good if not better than all those other brands I’ve tried. The guitar is such high quality for the price and the quality hard case that it was delivered in is a big bonus. I had a great customer service experience and it’s obvious Zager cares a great deal for their customers! I feel like I’ve received a custom made instrument and I love playing it.

I love my ZAD80CE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

I bought my Zager used from an online search. It's about 8yrs old and I absolutely love it. It plays and sounds amazing. I have no desire to buy a different guitar, if I do, it will be the ZAD 900 CE. Zager has excellent customer service as well, see my other review. I sent my 80 to them so I could experience their set up. I told them I didn't buy it from them, they said I was still part of the Zager family. Top notch folks.

100% Playability

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Actually i purchased the Zager 50 ce/vs
47 years ago my parents bought me my first guitar and a book on how to play, I was 12 and lost interest very quickly. I am now a retired Ironworker outta L#44 and I recently picked up the guitar. Since I'm a full fledged beginner I bought an in expensive guitar to get me started. I have always hand big hands and I just couldn't force my fingers in the chord shapes needed to play. When i saw the Zager easy play guitar I was skeptical. But interested because my fingers are to fat. To make a long story short I was sold as soon as I heard the ad. Since the Zager is so smooth and easy to play my practice time is so much more enjoyable. And I'm actually making progress. This guitar will become an heirloom. I love my Zager.
Thankyou

Oh say can I see clearly now !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I have purchased two guitars from the Zagers, one a Parlor 38" and a Zad80CE I received excellent service from this company. Quick response on the questions I have ask and a helpful and positive attitude with all my questions. The guitars I purchased are simply the best I have played. I have a Guild 40D and a Takamine and they play great. I'll have to put the Zad80CE right up to the top of the list. I am glad I purchased my new guitars from this company.

Ed Bruce
Wagoner, Oklahoma

Awesome Guitar!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

This was my first Zager easy play guitar. Beautiful guitar. Plays fantastic! And it is easy t play! Customer service was Outstanding.
The included case was high quality. The included lessons helped me get back into playing faster then ever.
I never needed it, but the 100% money back guarantee was peace of mind.
I have owned and sold a few guitars, but this one Im keeping!!!

Just purchased another Zager Easy Play Guitar! Yes...I now own 2!!! Are you jealous??

Beautiful Guitar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I am so happy with my Zager travel guitar. As a 70-year-old beginner, I wanted a high quality instrument and couldn't be happier with it or the service. Thank you!

Verified Purchase

Outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

I’ve played for 40 years have had 5 Taylor’s (2-5 series) plus a “big baby” a Gibson Hummingbird AG, Blues King Electro, 2 Ovations, a Martin and my new Zager 50ce is above all these excellent guitars. I have my guitars set to my preferred action and the Zager is spot on, but what separates it for me is the sound both acoustically and through an amp.

A Welcome Upgrade!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

I recently purchased a Zager ZAD80CE as a 40th birthday gift to myself. I have been playing guitar for about 12 years - an Ibanez electric, a Fender Stratocaster, and my favorite before I bought the Zager was my Taylor 114 acoustic. I was ready to upgrade to a professional-grade guitar, and I knew I wanted an acoustic. I read reviews, watched videos of people playing Zager guitars, and spent a good bit of time researching to make sure I would get what I was looking for. You can’t easily find these to play before you purchase so their 100% money-back guarantee is good insurance if you find for any reason you don’t like it. I had no doubts about my purchase and knew I would not be sending my guitar back, but it was nice to know these folks stand behind what they sell. I took a few weeks to make my final decision on a particular ZAD80CE, played by Denny Zager himself in the studio for an hour, and I have been thrilled with it! Any high end guitar is going to play easily and sound great, but I have compared this to Martins and Taylors of the high price range and I gotta say that this guitar plays like a guitar that is twice the price or higher! A friend of mine has a 60s era Martin and between you and me, this Zager sounds and plays better! Don’t tell my friend... The strings actually, factually require very little pressure to get a solid chord, and the sound is well-rounded and the guitar has a great “voice”. The Zager strap I purchased with the guitar is very comfortable, the Zager capo is very pretty and fits the guitar perfectly, the hard shell case is primo and has a humidity gauge built in. The guitar’s neck is perfect in hand, the fit and finish is beyond description, the strings that Zager makes are nice and slick, and I loved it when I saw “Denny Zager” signed in black ink on the rear of the guitar...man...how cool! The customer service that Dennis, Jr. has provided makes you feel like a friend more than a customer - any questions I had were answered quickly and it’s good to know that father and son have your back should you need anything from them. When you purchase a Zager you get access to their “help section” online and there’s a plethora of interesting and important information provided. If you gloss over purchasing a Zager, I truly believe you’re missing out - if you buy one I almost can guarantee that unless it arrives damaged from shipping you will have no reason to send it back!

Absolutely perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

My parlour guitar came today and it sounds and plays beautifully, comfortably and easily. Scales and chords so much easier to play on this instrument. The low notes are rich and full and the high notes are delicate without being pingy sounding. The smaller spacing of the frets makes it great for small fingers and the body is lightweight and comfortable. I had stopped playing for a few years because I couldn't find a guitar that was comfortable for my hands. I have tried several guitars (I've owned two) and tried out others in guitar shops. None of them were quite what I kept dreaming about and hoping I would find someday. I finally found what I was looking for in Zager guitars. It is absolutely perfect for me.
The case as well is very high quality and excellent. I am so excited and happy to play guitar again!

amazing guitar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have never actually had the pleasure of owning a Zager guitar but just from my short experience with them in a guitar shop in flagstaff I have to say I love them. I played around with a Zager Zad 20 for several hours and within the first 5 minutes of really playing it I wanted to take it home, sadly the guitar actually belonged to one of the employees of the shop and I didn't have the funds to purchase it anyways haha. I will always be looking out for the giveaways that they are nice enough to do at Zager and I suggest everyone else does as well! If you've never gone into a shop and played one of these guitars please treat yourself, If you truly appreciate a quality instrument then you'll love it.

Looking forward to one day owning one of these guitars myself whether it comes from these giveaways or I just happen to get some cash that I can spend on myself for once.

Verified Purchase

Excellent guitar, and equally excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Earlier this week, I purchased a Parlor Size Solid African Mahogany Acoustic Electric made by Zager Guitars. This is an amazing guitar. It looks, sounds, and feels fantastic. I am still a beginner, and I've had a lot of frustration with my past guitar. I am 5' 2", and I have short fingers, so it's hard for me to make a lot of chords that are better-suited to long fingers. I did many hours of research, and briefly considered buying the baby Martin. But I am so glad I came upon Zager Guitar's website! I first discovered them through a YouTube video, then after doing more research and interviews about how much easier it is to play Zager guitars due to their ingenious adjustments, I was sold.

It took only a couple of days to arrive, which was impressively fast. The guitar was both beautiful looking, and plays beautifully. It holds up to all the reviews I watched and read--it is significantly easier and more enjoyable to play than any other guitar I've tried. Granted, I am a new player, but even my husband, a seasoned player of over 15 years, was very impressed by the guitar, and he commented on how it's easier to play than any guitar he has played over the years. He was so pleased that he plans to buy a Zager guitar soon as well.

I also reached out to Zager Guitars to thank them for their product, and was surprised to get a very fast, kind response from Dennis Zager Jr. We emailed back and forth a bit, and he was even kind enough to pass my appreciation to his father, Denny Zager. You can tell by their service how much they truly care about their craftsmanship, and their customers.

I'm so glad I discovered Zager guitars!

investent in my career

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I purchased the OM 900 series. It is an investment into my career as a musician. I love the sound and smoothness with which it plays! I played last Saturday for a Veteran’s benefit. It went very well!
Feel free to find me on FB under davehuntermusic
The Zagers have been great to work with and very responsive.
David Hunter

Great guitar,but it actually the zad20.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

This guitar is as advertised:easy play,great sound,easy to hold,etc.I have owned a nice dreadnaught for over 40 years,and this Zager is better in every way!I will be buying at least one more Zager;they are a great bunch of people!

My first acoustic electric

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

As a beginner, I was looking for an acoustic electric to supplement my Fender Squire electric. I wanted to increase my practice time daily. I also wanted a guitar that was comparable to the ease of playing of the Fender.
I had some reservations, but, after some email conversations with Dennis Jr., I decided to place the order. The guitar and case are first class. The guitar is beautiful in the Sunburst. The sound exceeded my expectations. I'm really having fun playing, and this instrument will help me get better. I am very happy that I got it, and the beauty, sound, and quality add to the enjoyment of ownership. Thank you Mr. Zager Sr. and Jr. for your remarkable workmanship.
Arthur Matney Jr

Great Guitar at a Reasonable Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I received my Zager ZAD80CE Guitar early this week. It is a beautiful American made instrument with great tone woods and a nice clear sound. Happy to say that the company’s claims about easy playability are not hype. The action is low and comfortable but there is no buzz resulting from this. After many hours of trying to make a clear F major chord on standard acoustic guitars with great difficulty, I am doing it on the Zager with clarity and consistency. I am used to playing Sitka and rosewood dreadnautswith deep booming tones. The Sitka and mahogany of the 8CE produce a brighter tone that is a nice change. I am a relatively new player and I am sure that my new Zager guitar is going to help me to make consistent advancement with my playing.

1 of 7 pages