Review rating:

Exactly what works for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I have been playing guitar for over 30 years and I know that no one guitar works for every guitarists' needs. But, the parlor size guitar I purchased for Zager fits me better than other guitars I've owned. I am small in stature and have small hands. The Zager parlor size fits me well, sounds great and looks smart. I have significantly less hand fatigue. It's fun to practice for hours again.

I can’t believe I’ve never tried ZAGER guitar‘s before

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I felt the neck & fretboard so smooth Beautiful sounds great playing scales is so much easier on the Zager thank you and your dad I love it.
Sincerely
Michael Eubank

You can’t find a better quality guitar for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I personally hate the idea of purchasing an instrument online without having the chance to play it. I watched, pondered, and waited for almost 2 years and still hadn’t given in with making this purchase. My wife finally made the decision for me as a Christmas present. This has to be the nicest present I’ve ever received. I regularly play my guitar at church where I lead praise and worship. There are some heavy hitters listed on Zager’s website that have given these guitars stellar reviews. One of them is David Huff - he is an incredible christian musician whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with through our church.

My ZAD80CE guitar is superior in every way. When I think about bang for buck - I honestly don’t see how Dennis and his family don’t charge more - their guitars are worth 3-4 times what they are selling for. The ZAD80CE I purchased came with a Fishman setup - very solid and reliable. I was apprehensive about the “easy play” claims about the neck/fret build, but all of it is true. I can play this guitar for hours and not experience fatigue. The cedar top gives the guitar a smooth yet bright tone - it sounds rich and beautiful. I named my guitar “Baby” and my 8 year old daughter tells me that she hates “Baby” because I spend too much time with it.

With all sincerity and honesty - my zager guitar is my favorite. Every time I go into Guitar Center and sample the Gibsons, Martins, and Taylors - I chuckle and think to myself - my guitar is so much better than these! It plays like butter, there’s no fret buzz, the tuners are great. The inlays and craftsmanship are phenomenal. I know my guitar was built by hand in the USA - not in some factory by a machine. I don’t know what else to say - this ZAD80CE is a masterpiece. I can’t wait until I can convince my wife that I need a ZAD900CE Aura. Buy this guitar! You won’t regret it.

Verified Purchase

Seriously, more value for your money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

This guitar has literally let me continue to play after I had given up on ever playing again. I have neuropathy due to diabetes, and also suffer from arthritis. I had tried to play on several guitars the past few years, and had given up hope that I would never be able to play again due to my issues. I spoke with Dennis several times before I ordered and received the Zager ZAD80CE. When it arrived, I gave it a few hours to adjust to my conditions, then very slightly adjusted the neck action. I CANNOT believe it! With the little bit of extra room between the strings, even my numb and arthritic fingers were able to find the strings, and I could PLAY AGAIN! Thank you Dennis and Denny for bringing music back into my life!

A Guitar That Grows on You

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have over 30 high-end guitars and my Zager is just as good as the best of them. I will mention two things I notice that take some getting used to. The action is a tiny bit higher than on my Martin and Taylor guitars but it is not uncomfortable and to compensate I use Exilir light strings with the nanoweb coating (sounds great). Also, I find the movement of my left hand up and down the neck feels more resistance against the finish than my Martin D35 for example ~ baby powder helps

Used in studio

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Used my Zager EZ play at Allusion studio in Tucson to record Forever Young. .. Dylan style. Get sound and recorded well. Reccommend this one for beginners to pros. EZ Play is the way to go

Believe it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

From the responsiveness of Dennis and the Zager company to my initial inquiry (and subsequent questions) to the last 5 hours that I have played my new Zager, the entire experience has exceeded all my expectations.

After 45 years of playing and owning everything I could get my hands on this Zager guitar feels right to me. Thank you Denny, Dennis & your fellow colleagues.

All the best. TRP

ZAD50CE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I ordered the 50CE because I wanted a slightly smaller guitar with good electronics for solo and band gigs. I mostly fingerpick. This is an excellent instrument for my needs. The craftsmanship is of a very high quality. The voice is sweet across the whole pitch spectrum, the intonation is right on, and the notes and overtones ring for a surprisingly long time. Plays like a great luthier set it up for me, because that's what Denny Zager does. Couldn't be happier with the instrument. I buy and sell a lot of guitars, but this one is a keeper. Thanks guys.

Zageriffic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I searched the web for a reputable guitar seller and soon found Zager guitars. After a deep dive into the catalog, I decided that the Parlor 38 was the best guitar for me. Upon receiving it last week, I was utterly delighted: about the look and the sound, which is rich and resonant. This guitar is built to last and I intend to put many guitar miles on it! Great service too. Prompt replies to queries and generous with their product. Completely satisfied!

Exceptional Quality and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Zager guitars are amazing! I have a Z80 Aura which was purchased for me as a retirement gift. I have always loved music, and have played guitar since I was a teenager in the 1960's so I well remember Zager & Evans. Mr. Zager I want to thank you for making the wonderful instrument I now own. I have always wanted a custom made guitar, and can honestly say that I am blown away by this Z80 Aura. It is truly a an exceptional instrument. The craftsmanship and finish is flawless, and the playability and sound is truly the best I have heard. This Z80 is the flagship of my acoustic collection, along with my Taylor, Seagull, and Ibanez. All great sounding and quality guitars, but they do not measure up to the quality of this instrument. It is not just a guitar to play it is an heirloom that I will pass on to my Son who plays also. This guitar sounds loud and rich. You also have amazing after sales service, and your son Dennis is a great person to deal with. I am more than impressed by Zager. The guitar is exceptional and your customer relations are second to none. You make those of us who own one of your instruments feel like we are part of your family, and that’s something that is seldom seen in this day and age. I feel privilaged to own such a quality instrument. Thank you Zager Guitars, and to anyone reading this review who is considering buying a Zager - do it, you won't regret it.

Robert Butler

Great news about Zager Guitars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

As a professional guitarist and guitar instructor for many years I have developed a keen sense of how a guitar "feels
when I play one. The first time I played a zager I was amazed at the comfort, sound and ease of playing. I own a number of high priced guitars but this one stole my heart and immediately made it on to my wish list. Always being asked advice on what guitar to get, especially by beginners, the Zager is my recommendation. Thank You,

Jim Turner [weblink removed]

Verified Purchase

Outstand Sound & Craftsmanship !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I an really impressed by this guitar. It looks great; it sounds fantastic; it's built with exceptional detail and "heart". This Zager guitar easily competes with Martin's, Takamine's, etc., actually, it's in a class of it's own. If you're looking for a great sounding and feel guitar, treat yourself and take a look at the Zager lineup !!!

Unbelievable quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Dennis,
I received the guitar last week and finally had a chance to open it yesterday. And OMG she's beautiful and sounds even better. Thank you for the perfect guitar. I now own a once in a lifetime guitar. God bless,

First time - Long time! ZAD50CE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Greetings:

Today I received my "Johnny Cash" Black Lacquer ZAD50CE - it was like Christmas Morning...I am a 60yr. old beginner - eager to learn - taking lessons and I am blown away by the way it looks, feels, and the ease in which my hand immediately fit on this Guitar...It is gorgeous and I just cringe at the thought of producing my first scratch!!!

This is my first product review for anything outside of my professional life...Numerous members of my family are quite gifted as they play guitars, basses, and banjos...Of course they have the well known name brands: Martin, Taylor, Gibson and the rest...

I did a great deal of research as my hands and fingers are larger (fatter) than the average bear so my abilities were limited on their respective instruments ...After considerable research and conversation/collaboration with the Zager Clan - their desire to make my experience 100% joyous is indeed a testament to their overall philosophy that everyone should enjoy the ease of playing the guitar as well as sharing that joy with others...To note, I also appreciated and was influenced by their commitment to provide this experience at no cost to children's programs throughout their numerous philanthropical endeavors...

It has been my experience that one should always look at the BIG PICTURE when purchasing and supporting a product/company and the family at Zager Guitars have not only created a superior product but more importantly a positive legacy that will improve many people's lives for years to come...

It will be my pleasure to continue to support them on numerous fronts and share their message...

Respectfully,

DHK

Just got my ZA90CEOM. WOW!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

WOW! what a beautiful guitar, and I can't believe the beauty of the sound of this guitar. Having owned and played a ZAD80CEOM for quite some time I would expect the best, but this 90CEOM went beyond all expectations. Came
with a beautiful case and wonderful accessories like, extra strings, capo and a great leather strap. Thank you to the ZAGERS for providing a high quality instrument. I have a couple of other high end guitars and I think this 90CEOM is already my go to guitar. If you're shopping for a great acoustic guitar I believe ZAGER is the place to go.

It's really good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

It's not actually a CE, I don't like electronics; I have no use for it and it spoils the look of the guitar. I always wanted a good cutaway with no electronics, and it's not easy to find one. Mine is a sale item, a rare custom built ZAD 80 OM-C; I was lucky to get one, and at a big discount.
It's beautiful, well built, and it has wonderful sound, powerful, rich, and focused. The fingerboard is well playable everywhere, so the cutaway feature is significant.
Overall, it's an excellent instrument. I guess you will get the same performance from a regular ZAD80CE OM.

Loving My ZAD50CE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

Just received my new Zager ZAD50CE...….it was well worth the wait. I opened the case and was immediately pleased by the overall beauty of the guitar....I ordered this after I tried to buy a Taylor from a friend and he was asking a bit much for it, glad I found the Zager site. The sound was really amazing. I'm a beginner and it already has me thinking I'm a better player. Plugged it in to my Fender amp it the sound was really, really cool. Tones are great and I forgot that this model has a built-in tuner as well. Really, really nice guitar.

The best guitar ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I love, love my guitar! Aside from the fact that it is beautiful, it has the sweetest sounds and tones of any guitar I have ever played. If you play guitar and don't have a ZAGER, you're truly missing out. I am so happy! The expertise that goes into making this instrument is unsurpassed. There are just not enough positive things to say. The Zager staff is helpful, kind and generally amazing! Kudos to you all and a special thank you to Dennis Sr. and Dennis Jr. You guys did good!!

Knob noster Missouri

Private message

I’m sold on Zager guitars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Beautiful sound, beautiful guitars please do yourself a favor and try one. I got the parlor size and it has a sweet sound I’m a happy camper. I got a great guitar for the price. Thanks Dennis

Mike Jagger guitar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

A few months ago I purchased a new Zager 20 e guitar. I currently own a fender a Morris and a Martin. I was not sure about the quality of the instrument when I purchased it but I was totally impressed with the 100% money back guarantee. I tell you now out of the four guitars the Zager by Far and Away takes the day I am so tickled to death with this instrument. I have been playing for close to 40 years and I love all my instruments each one is precious to me but this new guitar the Zager is going to do nothing but get better as time goes. Thank you gentleman for producing such a wonderful instrument at such a great price sincerely Kevin Babcock

1 of 5 pages