Review rating:
Filter By:

South Penrith

Verified Purchase Build Stage: Post-Build

Perfect Addition! Has made such a difference for our large family.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

From the initial consult to the final walk through, I was extremely happy with Addbuild's professionalism and expertise. Addbuild's price quoted is the price paid, no hidden extras! All trades on site were courteous, helpful and always maintained a tidy worksite. Both the site manager and office staff never failed to answer our questions and kept us up to date at every stage of the build. The finished product has far exceeded our expectations. Addbuild Additions made renovating easy! I would highly recommend Addbuild Additions. Thank you!

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff endeavour to satisfy all of our customers’ needs and appreciate the encouraging feedback.
The Team at Addbuild

Verified Purchase Build Stage: Post-Build

All is well that ends well.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2016

We extended our smallish 3 bedrooms house with Addbuild. We added first floor extension that comprised of 2 bedrooms, living area and 1 full bathroom. We also had other renovations to the ground floor to expand internal space by enclosing the front porch and removing a large stud wall that was obstructing our living room. We are happy with the end results and we love our newly extend home.
When we inquired the other addition builder, their proposal was fairly restricted and price was high. On the other hand initial consultation with Addbui
ld was very open and our needs were all accommodated, most importantly within our budget. We also liked the arrangement that we select and supply all bathroom and electric fittings except for shower screens, and we were given the option to paint the internals and do the flooring ourselves.
Once the construction started everything went into a totally new dimensions. It was quite adventurous experience with many dramas, however it was expected as we were removing 2/3 of roof and adding another floor onto 50+ years old house. We had many pots, pans and cups on our living room when a storm hit, and we lost power for few days as our electric wiring in the ceiling and switchboard were too old. We were glad that the supervisor organised electricians soon and got it re-wired throughout the house and installed a brand new safety switchboard.
All trades were good, sub-contracted carpenters worked even on Saturdays, one of them was an English working holiday maker and they did a good job. Electrician, plumber, roofer, renderer, tiler, gyprocker etc. had good skill, friendly and got the job done.
While we mentioned positives, we must say it tested our patience sometimes. Some people wrote very negative reviews about Addbuild and we understood where they were coming from. However we observed that the site supervisor was looking after number of sites at the same time and he was getting constant phone calls from his clients and tradies all the time, so he could have forgot an issue or two. We therefore ensured to address our issues or concerns by Email, SMS or phone calls without hesitation. At the same time the supports from other office staff were good.
We also note that the progress of construction really slowed down towards the end and some minor works were left unattended for weeks. It may be a norm in the construction industry, however it was difficult as family members were all squeezed into small rooms with full of stuff.
In any case, Addbuild fixed up all issues at the end and completed the project at the contracted fixed price. So as we say “All is well that ends well” and we are now enjoying our upgraded home. Thanks for Addbuild.

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Thank you for your constructive comments. Doing an addition is a stressful time and we do understand the inconvenience. In fact, at our Pre Construction meeting with your building supervisor we act... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

Transformed our house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2016

Second story extensions are Addbuild's core buisiness, which is why we originally chose them. 2 years after construction I am so glad we did: we love our renovation!
Addbuild did a good job from the design, through construction and post construction.
They drafted an efficient, simple design - we had some grand and expensive plans, but their designer Steve gently suggested we look at some alternatives: he came up with a larger but cheaper design that satisfied the real needs of our family - his experience made all the difference.
The team sta
rted really quickly, and worked hard. We were able to stay in our house which they built above. Living in the house while building went on above was a little difficult a times - waking up early every weekday - but they finished on time each day and it was worth it to be on site and be able to regularly talk to the builders, as well as save a significant amount of time and money.
They finished on time and on budget (hard to believe I know!) - and the minor variations we made along the way were reasonably priced.
Recently I noticed a defect where one of the eaves was sagging - I was a little concerned as we are well past the warranty, however AddBuild came and rectified the problem with no hassle at all - and this excellent service is what prompted me to write up a review.
I have already recommended them to friends locally, who also had a great experience, and am happy to continue to do so. No building job is perfect, there are always unexpected issues and difficulties, but the AddBuild team did a pretty good job of listening to our needs and helping us work through anything that came up - and at the end of the process has built us a solid, efficient and reasonably priced second story extension that has transformed our house and given us so much fabulous space in which to live. Thanks!

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

In this age of social media, and people quick to complain, it is a pleasure to hear from one of our older customers. As one of Sydney’s leading builders we base our reputation on our customer servi... read more »

No problem! While no build is perfect, and there were problems and questions and things that don't go according to plan, being able to work through these in a positive way and end up with a great ... read more »

Very happy customer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2016

AddBuild did an extension including additional bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, attic and living room for us.
The whole process was everything we hoped for; delivered on time, excellent quality, attention to detail, flexible approach to the job and a great end result.
Everything went very smoothly from the design phase right through to completion of the build. Communication was good, trades all great quality and easy to deal with and gave us confidence in the their workmanship. Nothing of this size goes without a glitch but all issues were dealt w
ith promptly and fixed to our satisfaction.
Our site supervisor Greg was exactly what we had hoped for and a pleasure to deal with and really made the experience a great one. AddBuilds overall customer service backed up the quality of their work and we recommend AddBuild to anyone looking to do similar work.
As first time home renovators this is why we chose a company with longevity and experience in the area and we got exactly what we had hoped for.
Thanks AddBuild, job well done!
Brendan and Amanda

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Thank you for your positive feedback. Your comments will be passed onto all our staff who greatly appreciate hearing from our satisfied customers. Enjoy your new extension.
From the team at Addbuild

Happy Addbuild customers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

We are very happy with our first floor extension. The contractors were friendly, and for the most part, respectful of our home. Yes we had some glitches along the way- however, these were always eventually dealt with to our satisfaction. We were always in contact with the on site supervisor, Ken, who assisted us greatly. The finished product has received many compliments from our family and friends and even a local Real Estate agent. We would recommend this company in the future.

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind words. All our building supervisors are very experienced with doing additions and strive to achieve great communication with our clients throughou... read more »

Verified Purchase Build Stage: Post-Build

Amatuer hour - from beginning to end

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2016

Unfortunately our experience with Addbuild was similar to those reviewers back in July/August 2015 - terrible. We experienced problem after problem after problem with this company. We continually had to chase them up for everything during the planning stages - we were always promised revised drawings, costings, etc. "next week" and in most cases we never received anything until a month later, after we'd chased them several times. They also didn't have the experience they represented in dealing with our particular planning issues. Just when we t hought the pre-approval process was surely as bad as it could get - we were introduced to our site supervisor. Our site supervisor forgot everything we told him, never wrote anything down, was totally disorganised and appeared not to have even a basic construction programme for our job. There was a number of mistakes made on our job - which the company point blank refused to fix or compensate us for - and we are not talking minor, inconsequential mistakes - we are talking fundamental, visually obvious mistakes that were incredibly disappointing and detracted from the overall quality and appearance of the addition. We also had to do a lot of work ourselves in booking meetings with Council and following them up, making arrangements with their subcontractors (who for the most part were lovely and told us we were not alone in our horrendous dealings with this company) to come out and complete works, etc. - if we didn't make the arrangements the work just didn't get done. There were times when not a single thing was done on our job for in excess of 3 weeks because the site supervisor hadn't booked in any trades. The site supervisor was never straight with us when discussing mistakes - he would always assure us that he was fixing the problem, and then he would just ignore our follow-ups in the hope we'd go away. Or he'd blame head office, or give us some other excuse. Only when we got towards the end of the build did he admit he had no intention of fixing issues he'd assured us he was dealing with. We also have a number of defects that he told us he would fix, that have never been rectified. This company's head office staff are extremely rude to deal with as soon as you point out problems on a job - they are not interested in rectifying problems and nor are they interested in customer satisfaction apparently. All in all, I would never, ever recommend this company, which is a shame as their carpenters and subcontractors are lovely people. I am disappointed to say that getting them out of our lives has been the best part of the whole renovation experience.

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

As one of Sydney’s leading addition specialists for over 30 years we have completed 1000’s of home renovations. Unfortunately not all renovations run smoothly but our experienced team makes every e... read more »

Addbuild - of course not everyone shares our opinion - it seems a lot of your customers below who had good experiences had different site supervisors - we certainly wish we did (and we asked for ou... read more »

Addbuild Additions Official

Sorry we are unable to satisfy you.

Verified Purchase Build Stage: Post-Build

Thanks for changing my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2016

As a single mother of two boys I was nervous about handing over my home to just anyone. I was very lucky to have had a wonderful designer Emmery and supervisor Ken from Addbuild who both really made me feel comfortable about the whole process. They both really looked after me and made sure that I was ok every step of the way. Ken was always ensuring that the right people for the job were working on my home. He was always available and was great at solving problems as they arose.

My build was quite extensive and for most of the time we were
able to live through the build which was great as I would not have been able to afford to rent. This is one of the reasons why I went with Addbuild and they were great at making my home secure and liveable.

The finished result is just beautiful and I just love what Addbuild have done. It is so much better than what I had imagined and my home is the much loved by my boys family, friends and most of all me!

Thank you Addbuild for changing my life!!!

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Dear Sim,
It give us great pleasure to read your comments that confirm we have achieved our aim to make this process as painless as possible. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to pass on your comments.
The Team from Addbuild

Wonderful work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

Great company, work done timely and properly, foreman and contractors always polite and respectful, office staff very helpful always and prompt replies to questions, always returned my calls and followed up with any concerns, staff were understanding and utilized problem solving to help me with solutions.
From original quote to lock up, process was smooth and payments due accordingly with all invoices detailed for ease.
Would call addbuild again for future extensions/renovation.

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Dear Sharon, Thank you for the positive review of your Addbuild experience. As a long established company we strive to never forget that building an addition whilst living in our home can be a str... read more »

Review re Addbuild Additions

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2016

Addbuild have recently completed our second extension of our home, with both extensions having been done by this company about 10 years apart in the context of our growing family. With four children and ties to local schools it was important to Melanie and me to stay in our home during the building work on both occasions. It was also a lot cheaper not to have to move out and rent. The company's architect was excellent and was able to present solutions that were a lot better and more practical than what we had thought to do ourselves. The trades man were courteous, highly skilled and very quick in completing quality work on both occasions. In addition, a building supervisor of the company was always on hand to oversee work and sort out problems. in regard to both extensions the supervisors were highly practical men who drove the work along. Also, the company dealt with council effectively and efficiently in the obtaining of approvals and sorting out the necessary consents. It was good from out point of view not to have to instruct solicitors at any point along the way in dealing with council. The prices of Addbuild were also very competitive. Melanie and I consider Addbuild to be a professional operation and recommend the company to anyone who might be thinking of an extension to their home on a budget and who wish to live there while the work is done. In summary, this company does a good job for a reasonable price, takes care of everything, gets paid and goes. That's why we commissioned their services twice.

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Dear Bob, It is good to hear that you have had 2 positive experiences with Addbuild with a considerable time gap. We pride ourselves on having the best and most helpful staff and long term relation... read more »

Great First Floor Result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2015

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Dear Happy Client Thanks for the positive feedback. Always great to hear the effort our team puts in is appreciated and we are delivering a home that fulfils your expectations. Wishing you many hap... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

First Reno

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2015

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Dear First Reno Thanks for the great feedback on our team and our process. Always great to know we are making our clients happy - that's what makes us happy. We hope you and your family enjoy many... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2015

We had a very positive experience with Addbuild, as they built a first floor addition; adding three bedrooms, a shower room, and a landing. They were able to help us every step of the way, from the initial planning, to the final product. After speaking to the designer, we were given two options to choose from, which allowed us to select exactly what we had in mind. The plans were drawn up, and we had an opportunity to peruse and adjust the plans to our liking. At the contract signing we were walked, step by step, through the whole process, so we had a very clear idea of what to expect, and were made aware of any potential variations that my occur. This meeting lasted for three hours- they were very thorough, and wanted to make sure we understood everything before signing.

Once the work commenced, Frank, our building supervisor, was always available to talk through concerns, would immediately respond to any questions I had, and really made us feel like he was on our side, helping us to achieve the results we wanted from the building. I spoke to him on many Saturdays, and he even took my call when he was clearly sick in bed. Frank was happy to call workers back in if we were unhappy about any aspect of work, including placement of light switches, or replacing a faulty handrail for the stairs. The workers were always friendly and considerate of us living in the house while they worked, and happy to consult with us to ensure they were doing what we wanted.

In the interest of full disclosure, there were a couple of incidents which occurred over the course of the building process. One of which was a delay from the Water Board, (out of Addbuild's control), and another was over a miscommunication with regards to the initial design. In both cases, Addbuild did everything one could reasonably expect, and both matters were clearly communicated to us, and amicably resolved. My feeling is that any project of this size is bound to run into some complications, but the important thing to me is that Addbuild always made me aware of what was going on, and were willing to negotiate through any issues. I was surprised to read of concerns over customer service in earlier reviews. At no point in the process was anyone involved with Addbuild anything but polite and professional with us.

The quality of the work I would classify as excellent. The addition blends so well, our new neighbours were surprised to hear the the top floor was an addition. In the end, Addbuild delivered exactly what they agreed to, in the stated time frame, and at the agreed price, (which was significantly less than the other quotes we got.) We are so happy with everything, and my kids are loving their new rooms!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Addbuild Additions Official

Dear Very Happy, Thank you for you comments. We are pleased that working with us met your expectations as we do pride ourselves on delivering the best possible customer experience. As you mentioned... read more »

1 of 2 pages