• 3 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Excellent Product for Points

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

Get the best of both worlds with two cards in one account. Use American Express where possible for maximum points, use Visa for universal acceptance.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Misleading information

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2015

As a Qantas Frequent Flyer I received an email advertising the new NAB Qantas Premium cards with 0% interest and fees and 40,000 Qantas points. When I clicked on the link to the NAB webpage, it lists 20,000 points. I called NAB to ask for clarification. The person I spoke to had no clue and no willingness to search for the answer or provide it. Eventually he told me to call Qantas because it was "their" promotion. So I called Qantas. They also didn't have a clue and told me to call NAB because it was "their" card. At least Qantas offered to follow up for clarification and call me back the next day. That was 2 days ago. I am still waiting for their call.

Perth

False advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2015

Received and offer for frequent flyer points upon applying for a NAB Qantas Rewards Premium card. We followed all the rules and received the credit cards. NAB did not give us the Frequent Flyer points. We had to call and ask what was happening, now the bank is refusing to give any points!! We have the offer in writing and now have had to lodge a formal complaint. Once this is sorted, we are leaving this bank with our accounts, mortgage, other credit cards. Previous service over the last 7 years was so good! We can't believe they have lied and are treating us this way.

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Interest free is untrue!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2015

Promotion of 12 months free interest for balance & purchase.
Lies, lies, damned lies.
They give you such a low credit that you are forced to start paying immediately. No free interest!!!
I cancelled my application.

• 2 comments
  • 56 helpful votes

Good card for points

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2014

+ Competitive insurance, good earn rate on Amex, transactions appear online immediately

Perth

• 1 comment
Private message

Suck you in with bonus points then lower the rewards points without warning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2013

Got the Platinum cards in September with average points scheme at 1.5 points per dollar on Amex and 2 points per 3 dollar on visa. It's now March and they have dropped the Visa points to .5 per dollar, 1 day after hitting me with the $290 annual fee. What a joke. After this they only lowered this extraordinary fee to $250 per annum. Less give and more take if you ask me. Got no reason to stay with NAB.

+ Initially the points

- now get measley amount of points, not worth the $250 per annum fee

terribly let down by NAB Qantas Platinum Visacard

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2012

+ frequent flyer points

- expensive, unhelpful service. Unable to get them to answer the telephone

• 17 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2012

I don't have the NAB Platinum Qantas card. I was considering it but gave up on it. I needed 2 supplementary cards but they would not allow that to happen. This is a bit strange as most other card providers in Australia do allow that.

It is a shame in my case as I am a NAB customer and would have loved to consolidate into NAB as my credit card provider.

Other than that, I dont't see a significant issue with the card. It is just like any other cards.

+ Good credit limit