Review rating:

Date Purchased: May 2017

Thermocook Does It All!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

From risotto to your favorite dessert anyone becomes a star in the kitchen with Thermocook and at the current pre sale price worth every penny! So happy we got this! Will recommend to anyone looking for an upgrade! Great addition to the kitchen and it literally chngaed our familes lifes!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2015

This is far better than thermomix in some ways

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I got this machine before the thermomix just because i thought it was better ! BUT NO ! so i have just sold the thermomix .untill you have both you dont no but let me tell you the thermocook CAN do things the thermomix cant i could almost right a book about the subject
ps had both for just over 12 months

Caboolture

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Bread, scones, risotto, soup, stew etc etc.....Love it. My husbands favourite desert/cake is 'Nannas Impossible Pie'. He can put it together in our Thermocook, pour it in a dish and into the oven. . Finally found a 'machine' he is comfortable using. We were so impressed we upgraded our generator so we can use the Thermocook on our boat.
Would like more recipes please and a specific tool for easier cleaning of the blade and kneading shaft. Highly recommend.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Like it so much I doubled up at our Holiday Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our daughter in law is a Thermomix agent and I liked the concept but for what I thought I would use it for I could not justify the price. With the Thermocook price at less than half I thought I would give it a go. We make a lot of soup and that was a major reason for the purchase. I now use it for a range of other preparations and love it. We spent two months at our holiday home early this and I missed it so much I bought a second one.

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great addition to the kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our ThermoCook has become a staple in our daily kitchen routine. It's ability to do so many different jobs is fantastic and we use it to make breakfasts, lunches, dinners and everything in between. It is easy to clean and easy to use and has reduced the need for many other appliances within our kitchen.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

The Thermocook has so many functions, and I am looking forward to exploring them all. It is not particularly intuitiive, so you need to use the instructions and cook book. The cook book instructions are not all that helpful.. for example, there is a picture of boiled eggs next to the boil function. But that isn't the way you do boiled eggs. The forum is helpful. Very helpful users and Froothie will answer your questions promptly.

Date Purchased: May 2016

Great kitchen companion!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

After attending a Thermomix demonstration I was really impressed but couldn't justify the cost. After a lot of internet research I decided to try the Thermocook considering the 30 day money back grantee and I was lucky enough to get life time warranty. I am extremely happy with this machine. I love that I can steam vegetables, make sourdough and blitz absolutely anything in the one machine. The only downside is the recipe book, definitely needs upgrading and you can't blend at high speeds over 60 degrees. I understand it's a safety issue but for blending soup it's quite annoying having to wait for it to cool down.

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I was torn about getting a Thermomix I couldn't justify the cost but when I saw the Thermocook at less than 1/2 the priceI thought I'd give it a go. Well, the minute TC arrived we have had an ongoing love affair! I use the Thermomix recipes without any problems, TC gets used most days and I love it. The instruction book wasn't very clear but I muddled through. I think he is as good as a Thermomix.

Dandenong

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Views through the eyes of a newcomer!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

After researching the market in full and having 2 daughter-in-laws with Thermomix, decided to go with Thermocook Pro. Excellent service ordered Online one day and delivered the next. Now to start cooking recipes in the recipe book provided, however I look forward to improvements or online backup of recipes. Also adapting my own recipes to suit.
I am really looking forward to the future of "Thermo cooking".

North Shore City, Auckland New Zealand

• 22 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

A wonderful way to spend as little time possible in the kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Ordered online Thursday, delivered Friday, started cooking that night. I played around with it all weekend and produced winter stew, bread, soup, boiled eggs, ice cream, porridge and more. I am delighted once understanding how to do the controls (I am 71) and the fact that the mixer bowl and the regular bowl are in fact the same thing - just replacing the blade. I almost went to the Thermomix but when I realised their steamer and lid is plastic (plus the wopping price of $NZ2300) and Thermocook is stainless steel. I also love the scales whi ch I initially thought was a free iPad when unpacking :). I got it at the bargain price of $900 with a 30 day return no questions asked. I will be shedding my Kenwood mixer, hot stick, kitchen whizz and more next week. On the downside I quickly discovered when cooking milk products, the cleaning is not 'fun' as the milk tends to caramelise on the base but was easy for the other recipes like stew etc.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Rivals the Thermomix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2016

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with the machine quality - recipe book needs some work

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

Very versatile. Consistent stirring good for custards and things like that. Was pleasantly surprised with how easy it made bread and pastry. Have made stew and risotto and even a cake. And of course smoothies are fantastic. I had to work out rice cooking as some of the grains come through the steaming basket. Recipe book could be improved: the index at the back should be alphabetical; some of the times seems a bit hot or long (rice not in the steam basket burns) as did custard (so I just reduced the time and all fine). I got an extra bowl which I don't use that much but am glad I have it. I don't use it daily but will use it at least four times a week. I did quite a bit of research and thought hard about the Thermomix. Even though I have only seen the Thermomix in demonstration, I don't think there would be much difference in the machines. There may be a difference in the recipes. But I am very happy to have bought this one - I am sufficiently confident in my cooking to work recipes out.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 3 pages

I need some instructions re: converting recipes from say Thermo mix to Thermo Cook as not too clever at this, as the book doesn't have an abundance of recipes as the Thermo mix Also instructions on the DIY function please. TIA

Margie asked on May 24, 2017

Hello Margie,

Thank you for your question. If you use other recipes, you will need to adjust the speed, quantities, temperature and functions as they may vary from our ThermoCook. We suggest that you follow the ThermoCook recipes to get used to the speed, function and temperature settings before using other recipes.

To record your own DIY programme, please follow the steps below:

Press the DIY button and the icon will flash on the LCD screen.
Press the button again to select between the three options:
When the icon flashes, press and hold the DIY button for 5 seconds until the screen shows STEP:01
Set your desired speed, temperature, heat power and time. You then need to press the DIY button again.
You will see STEP:02 flash on the screen.
Adjust the settings for this step, repeat the previous step until the end of the programme, up to maximum STEP:20.
When you are finished, hold the DIY button again for 5 seconds to save.
To operate your desired DIY programme: Press the DIY button, select your desired DIY function and press START to begin the recorded programme.
If you press the Stop/Cancel button while you are recording, the machine will stop recording and abandon the programme.
To revise any DIY programme settings: If you need to revise previous settings while you are recording the programme, press the DIY button. This will cycle through the available programme steps from STEP:01 until STEP:20, then return back to STEP:01.
When a DIY programme is operating, your Optimum ThermoCook will stop for 10 seconds at the end of each step and beep. This allows you to pause the machine and add any ingredients you need for the next step. If you leave it idle during these 10 seconds, your ThermoCook will continue with the next step in the programme.
While the DIY programme is operating, you can adjust all settings without changing the recorded programme.

I hope you will find the above useful but please feel free to contact us at support@froothie.com.au if you have any questions :)

So the Thermocook has 20 preset functions (e.g. Quick Soup, stew, etc). When you select these, the screen only tells you how long the function goes for. It does not tell you the speed of the blade or the temperature. Does anyone know where to find these? I emailed Froothie about it and they sent me a link to the website that did not contain the information that I'm after. I hesitate to use a function when the pot is full of ingredients, if I'm not sure what is going to happen (will it puree my soup, simply boil it stiring slowly for 30 min, etc). Also, how do you set a DIY function?

cjk asked on May 23, 2017

Answer this

Hello Sara, thank you for your message. You can find the detailed information about the pre-set programmes on the recipe book from page 6.

To record your own DIY programme, please follow the steps below:

Press the DIY button and the icon will flash on the LCD screen.
Press the button again to select between the three options:
You will see STEP:02 flash on the screen.
When you are finished, hold the DIY button again for 5 seconds to save.

I only bought the Thermocook a month ago. The heating element of the mixing/blending bowl doesn't work anymore, it still chops, stirs etc, but it's just not heating up at all. No damage to the bowl or the machine. Help please. Thank you.

Sara asked on May 22, 2017

Answer this

If only a month old still under warranty so please contact Froothie. Kathy

Hello Sara, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the jug. Can you please open a support ticket using the link below and our technical team will be able to assist you without delay:

We hope this helps :)