Review rating:

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2015

This is far better than thermomix in some ways

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I got this machine before the thermomix just because i thought it was better ! BUT NO ! so i have just sold the thermomix .untill you have both you dont no but let me tell you the thermocook CAN do things the thermomix cant i could almost right a book about the subject
ps had both for just over 12 months

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Bread, scones, risotto, soup, stew etc etc.....Love it. My husbands favourite desert/cake is 'Nannas Impossible Pie'. He can put it together in our Thermocook, pour it in a dish and into the oven. . Finally found a 'machine' he is comfortable using. We were so impressed we upgraded our generator so we can use the Thermocook on our boat.
Would like more recipes please and a specific tool for easier cleaning of the blade and kneading shaft. Highly recommend.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Like it so much I doubled up at our Holiday Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our daughter in law is a Thermomix agent and I liked the concept but for what I thought I would use it for I could not justify the price. With the Thermocook price at less than half I thought I would give it a go. We make a lot of soup and that was a major reason for the purchase. I now use it for a range of other preparations and love it. We spent two months at our holiday home early this and I missed it so much I bought a second one.

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great addition to the kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Our ThermoCook has become a staple in our daily kitchen routine. It's ability to do so many different jobs is fantastic and we use it to make breakfasts, lunches, dinners and everything in between. It is easy to clean and easy to use and has reduced the need for many other appliances within our kitchen.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

The Thermocook has so many functions, and I am looking forward to exploring them all. It is not particularly intuitiive, so you need to use the instructions and cook book. The cook book instructions are not all that helpful.. for example, there is a picture of boiled eggs next to the boil function. But that isn't the way you do boiled eggs. The forum is helpful. Very helpful users and Froothie will answer your questions promptly.

Date Purchased: May 2016

Great kitchen companion!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

After attending a Thermomix demonstration I was really impressed but couldn't justify the cost. After a lot of internet research I decided to try the Thermocook considering the 30 day money back grantee and I was lucky enough to get life time warranty. I am extremely happy with this machine. I love that I can steam vegetables, make sourdough and blitz absolutely anything in the one machine. The only downside is the recipe book, definitely needs upgrading and you can't blend at high speeds over 60 degrees. I understand it's a safety issue but for blending soup it's quite annoying having to wait for it to cool down.

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I was torn about getting a Thermomix I couldn't justify the cost but when I saw the Thermocook at less than 1/2 the priceI thought I'd give it a go. Well, the minute TC arrived we have had an ongoing love affair! I use the Thermomix recipes without any problems, TC gets used most days and I love it. The instruction book wasn't very clear but I muddled through. I think he is as good as a Thermomix.

Dandenong

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Views through the eyes of a newcomer!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

After researching the market in full and having 2 daughter-in-laws with Thermomix, decided to go with Thermocook Pro. Excellent service ordered Online one day and delivered the next. Now to start cooking recipes in the recipe book provided, however I look forward to improvements or online backup of recipes. Also adapting my own recipes to suit.
I am really looking forward to the future of "Thermo cooking".

North Shore City, Auckland New Zealand

• 22 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

A wonderful way to spend as little time possible in the kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Ordered online Thursday, delivered Friday, started cooking that night. I played around with it all weekend and produced winter stew, bread, soup, boiled eggs, ice cream, porridge and more. I am delighted once understanding how to do the controls (I am 71) and the fact that the mixer bowl and the regular bowl are in fact the same thing - just replacing the blade. I almost went to the Thermomix but when I realised their steamer and lid is plastic (plus the wopping price of $NZ2300) and Thermocook is stainless steel. I also love the scales whi ch I initially thought was a free iPad when unpacking :). I got it at the bargain price of $900 with a 30 day return no questions asked. I will be shedding my Kenwood mixer, hot stick, kitchen whizz and more next week. On the downside I quickly discovered when cooking milk products, the cleaning is not 'fun' as the milk tends to caramelise on the base but was easy for the other recipes like stew etc.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Rivals the Thermomix!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2016

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with the machine quality - recipe book needs some work

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

Very versatile. Consistent stirring good for custards and things like that. Was pleasantly surprised with how easy it made bread and pastry. Have made stew and risotto and even a cake. And of course smoothies are fantastic. I had to work out rice cooking as some of the grains come through the steaming basket. Recipe book could be improved: the index at the back should be alphabetical; some of the times seems a bit hot or long (rice not in the steam basket burns) as did custard (so I just reduced the time and all fine). I got an extra bowl which I don't use that much but am glad I have it. I don't use it daily but will use it at least four times a week. I did quite a bit of research and thought hard about the Thermomix. Even though I have only seen the Thermomix in demonstration, I don't think there would be much difference in the machines. There may be a difference in the recipes. But I am very happy to have bought this one - I am sufficiently confident in my cooking to work recipes out.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Definitely buy one.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2016

I used to own a thermomix, and the only difference is that the scales are separate from the machine, meaning we need to place the jug on the scales to weigh things- still, totally easy! I use it everyday, for everything from boiling eggs to making meals. I love it!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 3 pages

I just tried to steam rice in my new Thermocook, just to test out how it works. Water went EVERYWHERE. I put just enough water in to cover the rice (as stated in the recipe book), and then put on the lid + measuring cup (also as stated in the recipe book). The lid was secured properly, pressed down and turned until it locked. However, once it started steaming, water spilled all over my counter from gaps in between the lid and the bowl - even though the lid was properly secured and locked, gaps still appeared and caused the water to spill over. Is my lid or bowl defective?

Brie asked on Apr 10, 2017

Answer this

I have never had any problem with steaming anything, rice, eggs, veges, etc. I suggest you let the help desk answer your problem as I cant help this time - good luck.

Unfortunately I cannot answer this question as I have cooked my rice satisfactorily. Maybe you have too much water even though the recipe says to cover the rice. Check all details of recipe and if not successful check with Help desk.

Where can I contact the help desk? What site? Thanks.

Even after the rice was almost done steaming and the water was nearly all gone, it continued to spill out.

My mum put my Thermocook jug through the dishwasher, is there any chance it will still work??

KateP asked on Apr 10, 2017

Answer this

I would think you should check with Help desk

Hello Kate,
Thank you for your message. Unfortunately the jug is not dishwasher proof. May we recommend that you contact our technical team via the support ticket system so that they can advise if the jug can still be used.

We hope this helps :)

Does the Thermocook make nut butter? I cannot find any information, recipes or videos about this for your machine.

Queenie asked on Mar 24, 2017

Answer this

Thank you for your message. You can make nut butters with the ThermoCook. There is a recipe for peanut butter in our recipe book. Please contact us directly at support@froothie.com.au to request a copy.

We hope this helps :)

Yes it does, my d-i-l makes hers in the Thermo mix so I will have to find out the proportions as they will be similar. Watch this space. :)

See all 46 questions about Optimum Thermocook Pro