The Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq DLX has been replaced by the newer Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq MKII model.

• 1 helpful vote

Not just for small cars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2015

We have had this seat for over 3 years. The cover is like new. I would recommend this seat to people with large cars also (we have a 14 seater). It's compact size means that adults (or larger children) can sit more comfortably next to the seat. Larger car seats often encroach onto the seat space next to them where as this one doesn't.

Brilliant slim line car seat.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2012

I purchased a Compaq Deluxe on recommendation from a friend. It is great. Looks good, very safe and slimline. Very hard to find car seats that will fit 3 across the back. We have a subaru forester which are very narrow. Can be used from birth, facing backwards and then turn around to face forwards. Wears well, its 4 years old now and still looks brand new. Easy to take off and wash covers.

+ Narrow, slimline. Looks attractive. Safe. Well priced

- Nothing.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments

We live in Mackay Qld. Where csn I buy one of these?

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 1 helpful vote

Love the Compaq

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2012

I bought this seat to use with my second child. When looking at what carseat to get this one ticked the boxes for me while researching. It was designed to be used in smaller cars at the time we had a hyundai excel. Was easy to use and able to be used from birth.

With this carseat in the car there is still plenty of room in the backseat of our fairmont to fit the Compaq my 11 year old and another carseat if required and no-one is squashed.

+ Easy to use, great size

Sextonville, NSW

• 12 helpful votes
Private message

Finally!! I found a seat that is safe and fits

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2012

with 3 car seats to fit across the back seat I was left with the aweful feeling of needing a bigger car.. Thankfully I found the Safe-n-Sound Compaq DLX car seat and I can perfectly fit 3 across the back seat! I have children ranging from newborn to 3 years old in this seat and they are all comfortable and safe. My 3 year old is above average for length and still has plenty of room to grow upward in this seat so it will definitely last him until the booster seat stage. It is gorgeous material which is nice and soft for bubs skin to touch and like most Safe-n-Sound seats it is so easy to install!

+ Size, comfort, safety, appearance, and ease of use.

Sydney

• 10 answers
  • 36 helpful votes
Private message

Great seat for three across the back

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2012

I bought this seat for my third child because it was the only one narrow enough to fit with a booster and a convertible booster in our Subaru - saved us having to buy a new car when our third was on the way. I've been really happy with it. It's compact but bub doesn't seem squashed. There's no unnecessary extra bits, just enough to make it safe and comfy, so not too many places for that baby vomit to hide. Cover comes off easily and can be machione washed. In the forward position it sits high and forward so our other seats fit it beautifully.

+ narrow, affordable, easy to clean

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

What other car seats have you got, i have a 2010 Subaru and need 3 seats across the back all facing forward

Which model Subaru do you have? We are looking at Subaru Outbacks 2008, but want to ensure we can fit 3 across the back.

BRISBANE, QLD

Love the Compaq!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2012

I love the compaq deluxe. I spent a long time researching a good car seat and am very happy with this one. My daughter is quite tall and other car seats in her age/ weight bracket are too short. We've used this from when she was 9 months old and she is now 18 months and are very happy. Easy to clean and fits really well in our small car.

+ Compact, comfortable, easy to clean, easy to move in and out of the car, she loves it.

Melbourne

Private message

Perfect, no faults or flaws

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2012

We purchased this set for my first son after moving him out of a capsule, firstly installing it as reward facing then forward facing. It is a great seat without too much extra padding, meaning more space in the car for people etc. It fits beautifully in our Mazda3 and similarly in our Subaru, as it doesn't take up too much room.

+ Good price, doesn't have speakers or excess amounts of cushioning, easy clean!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Perfect, especially when you need 3 carseats!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2012

I am expecting my 3rd child and my son already had a Maxirider AHR, so was stuck as to what to do with 2 more car seats, I researched and bought 2 x Compaq DLX's for my youngest (19 months) and belly babe, perfect fit with the Maxirider, my youngest loves it, he looks extremely comfy in it as well, no faults :)

+ Compact and great when you have 3 carseats in a car

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Victoria

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 21 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2012

We have been very pleased with the Safe-n-Sound Compag DLX which was recommended to us by shop staff when other types would not fit in our small car. Once you get the hang of loosening and tightening the straps then it is a great seat that is easy to clean and comfortable for the child. While the brand is more expensive than some others, it is worth it for the amount of use you get out of it. Our child is almost 3 and still using the seat quite comfortably. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

+ Great for small cars where other car seat types will not fit.

- Straps often get twisted easily and sometimes tighten themselves.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2012

Very happy with this car seat. No issues what so ever. Would possibly suggest manufacturing in a lighter colour as the dark material tends to keep the heat.

+ Compact for our compact car. When compared to the AHR Meridian, was happy paying a little less and having a bit more space in our car.

- None at all.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 8 helpful votes

Best car seat ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2012

+ From baby to child with no problems, slimline but roomy, easy to use and adjust straps, super comfy recliner for long trips.

- Quite expensive but not compared to buying a capsule and then a seat.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

• 7 helpful votes

Good little carseat

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2012

This is a great little seat. Can sit comfortably beside it and not feel squashed.
Because it is compact I found my daughter grew out of it by 19 months.
If I knew this before I probably would have bought one that grew with her like the tilt and adjust.
All in all a really nice seat.
Although the sun shade in a waste of time. Nowhere near long enough to shade.

+ Slimline.

- Sunshade useless

1 of 3 pages

I had the Safe N Sound Meridian AHR Car Seat/Convertible to booster brand new in 2012 for my now four year old, will it be ok to use for my newborn now in 2017?

Cindy asked on Mar 12, 2017

Hello, does the Safe n Sound infant capsule that was manufactured in 2005 meet the new 2013 Australian Standards? Can it still be used? Thanks

Sara asked on Mar 11, 2017

I just bought a second hand seat called meridian its 2006 .where the adjustable button is, there is no strap that comes out underneath, is that right or did that model not work like that

Andy asked on Dec 21, 2016

Answer this

Hi Andy, thanks for your question. Our recommendation on the lifespan is anything 10 years or older should not be used. We recommend replacement at 10 years, due to deterioration of the plastics used in construction of modern restraints. A seat may have become brittle over time, and simply will not provide the same level of protection against impact. Older child restraints may not contain all the safety features of the latest Australian Standard. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

See all 12 questions about Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq DLX