Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq MKII

Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq MKII

Child can release himself

We bought this car seat because we liked how narrow it was. We have had it just under 2 years and our son who is 3 can easily lift the lever and lean forward to release himself. The straps are also difficult to tighten and we constantly worried that he has released himself while driving. Britax have only offered to stitch the lever flap down, which will only make it more difficult for us to use. I’m very disappointed with their remedy. Our child knows he shouldn’t touch it but at the end of the day he is 3 and seeing as the seat is designed to keep kids safe, it is not fit for purpose.

Love it so much we brought 2!

great car seat, brought one for both cars and was so happy with it!
We had it professionally installed, but even with that we were able to remove the cover easily and wash it when needed, no neck issues when our daughter would fall asleep in the car seat on long drives.

Hi Bianca, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

A great compact car seat

I purchased one of these in 2015 and another last year. A great, slimline car seat. The newborn padding makes it comfortable to use from birth and the seat adjusts nicely as the baby grows. Most carseats on the market are quite large and have a wide base which makes it difficult to fit in small cars. I now have two of these on my back seat and there is still room for someone to squeeze into the middle seat. Another big plus is the reasonable price.

Hi Keren, Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Top Tether Adjustment is fiddly and can be difficult to depress

Bought for grandson, who is still using the seat in rear facing mode. The top tether adjustment strap twists regularly, even though Baby Bunting staff have said I am using it correctly, and have installed it correctly. The strap is very difficult to untwist as it disappears into the body of the seat, behind the plastic moulding. The top tether adjustment buckle/button-thingy is most often difficult to depress, even though I am a strong granny. Other than this extremely annoying problem, the seat itself is very comfortable and the inserts remove easily to be washed when needed.

HI Abigail, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Pretty good value for money

Bubba loves her seat and falls asleep easily in it. The shoulder straps are like a hug/swaddle!

It’s not a premium car seat but meets the safety standards!
It’s slim and fits into our little hatch back with ease.

The only thing is the front passenger seat Can’t be put back for long legged passengers but that’s more a size of car problem than a size of seat problem. I think it’s quite slim compared to others.

It’s able to be rear facing for a long time which was why I bought it. And it will last baby until they are approx 4. So we don’t have to buy too many seats. They can just move to a booster car seat after they outgrow this one.

She seemed quite small in the seat for the first two weeks but we soon had to adjust the height of the back panel and shoulder straps to accomodate her growth!
It’s easy to use and adjust and I havn’t been frustrated with it at all.

It doesn’t have any head support which is a downside but seems comfy and bub likes it!

Hi Maryanne, thanks for taking the time to leave the above review. If we can assist you with anything in future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Well priced car seat

This was purchased as a second car seat for a small car. Its compact but I think too compact. I have a 2 year and a 10 month old and my 2 year old is already too big for this car seat - particularly in terms of width. Its just a little too snug.
This car seat is easy to install - im often moving the car seat in and out of the seat. Works well in rear and forward seating. But sometimes the buckle can be a little tricky, I have to make sure I insert both sides of the harness at once for it to lock into place. You need to purchase the additional belt locking clip for this car seat.

Soft and nice fabric, The black fabric hides messy, but its easy to vacuum and wipe spills. Good inserts to support little heads.
Good car seat especially for the price and as a good second car seat.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave the above review. We're glad to hear you found our car seat easy to install and like our fabric. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Good rear facing baby car seat

Easy to install, baby loves the car seat, she has been in the rear facing till 20 months now. She is a petite baby and have no issue at all.
Nicely padded, and a good safety rating for a decent midrange price. Compact and a good fit for my Mazda 3.

Comfortable and simple design

Chair has been great. Daughter is very comfortable and finds it easy to move around and also make adjustments. She is small for her age but it is quite a snug fit and will last a lot longer ash she grows due to its design. The exterior is a nice fabric that allows for a non itchy and comfortable rest. Plenty of head support given

Highly recommended

It is really light and easy to install. Hooks are very good quality and easy to adjust also it comes with comfortable top. It is easy to install and take out the tops to wash. Machine washable layers with easy ways to remove. It wont put any stain on the seat as well.

Good car seat

I have two of these car seat in the back of my car. They are very easy to install. I have moved them 5 or 6 times between multiple cars. My wife is happy with the them and says it’s easy to put the kids in them but our 3 years old son is now able to take his arms out of the seatbelts which is very scary and is hard to always keep an eye on.

amazing

This car seat is So confortable for my daughter and very easy to install . Also this seat is very easy to clean and keep looking well mantained which to me is very important. I definitely recommend over other seats i have tried or looked at for my daughter and for my baby on the way

Hi Ashley, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! We're glad to hear you found our car seat easy to install and clean. If we can help you with anything in the future, please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Fantastic car seat

I love love love this car seat my son Is very comfortable on the seat, really easy to install and easy to tighten and loosen straps. Pulls apart very easy and most of it is machine washable and don’t take long to dry, also lots easy to put back on. Would recommend this seat to everyone

So good we bought 2

So easy to install just clip it to the bolts and put the seatbelt through the back of it and so easy to clean if you have messy kids like me lol. The only thing thats annoying it when in rear facing the strap that connects to the bolt goes across the sides of the seat, making it hard to get baby out without loosening the straps first then you have to tighten them again when you put baby, apart from that we love it got one for our first she loves it so we got another for our second he always falls asleep in it nearly every time so it must be comfy.

Hi Maddy, Thank you for your fantastic review. We are delighted to hear how comfortable and easy to clean our seat is. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great for small cars

Easy enough to install but you need to read the instructions especially when adjusting the positioning of the shoulder straps. My granddaughter is very comfy and secure in this car seat and has no problem going to sleep as soon as she’s strapped in. Great compact style for smaller cars, nice soft fabric, sturdy design, very happy with this purchase.

Hi Angel, Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Not that easy to install

I was surprised to learn that 90% of child restraints seen by a local fitter are installed incorrectly. I purchased the seat and had it professionally fitted at the same place. It looked easy to install until I saw a professional do it. It was certainly well worth paying a bit extra to have it fitted correctly and to be shown how it works and I would highly recommend that everyone gets the seat fitted professionally the first time they are installing it. We have a newborn using it and she seems very comfortable in it and the extra padding while not a safety feature makes her very snug in it. I keep a towel over it when not in use just to protect it. I also took it back to the place of purchase with the baby just to make sure I had her in the seat correctly. As this seat is designed for birth to approximately 4 years I think it is good value for money.

Great seat at a affordable price

The britax safe and sound compaq is a great seat at an affordable price.
Its very easy to install and uninstall, making it a breeze when we need to move it between cars.
Its doesnt take my to much room in my small suv and the front passenger still has enough leg room.
Its easy to take apart and put back together when it needs to be cleaned.
My baby is happy and comfortable in this seat which is a priority.

Perfect fit

We LOVE this carseat!
It fits perfectly into our VT with two other car seats. It was super easy to install. Bubs seems super comfy and always falls asleep while we drive. The covers are easy to remove and wash or wipe down to remove all that lovely baby stuff. We've managed to transfer the seat with ease between cars.
Definitely a 10/10 for us!

This is a great car seat.

We purchased two of these car seats, one for my car and one for my husbands. It has been a great and sturdy car seat and the belts are easy to adjust as baby grows. It was also a great price point and I loved the look of it with the black design.

I like it

I have had it for a few years, and I just like this baby car seat. Personally, I trust Safe n Sound this brand, and I bought Compaq MKII with a very affordable price. The quality is good, not hard to install in my car, we did it by ourselves following the instructions. My son looks comfortable in the seat. He's nearly 3 years old now and still can fit in.

This is good.

The car seat is so good, it's so easy to instal, I don't have to ask my husband to do it, I can instal it by myself. It's easy to clean when get dirty.My little one like to seat in this car seat and sleep. we like this brand car seat.