Electrolux EWF10831 review by jassin

Product Details

Release date: Jun 2011

This is a great washer

reviewed on Dec 22, 2011 , viewed 18 times

We have owned this Washer for about 6 months now and have high praise for it. This is our first Front Loader, prices have come down a lot and the negatives that used to come with front loaders are starting to thin out. We are a large family and its gets it neck wrung all day every day and doesnt miss a beat. Its very easy to use as shown by our salesman and easy it is. Like anything you have to maintain/clean it regularly and i do. You can make washes as short or as long as you like. We do however have 1 small issue with this machine, if you wash any type of laundry, regardless of the type of powder that you use, for any longer than 1 hour, the end result leaves your clothes odourless ( almost off putting ) and feeling unclean. Other than that we love it, i just hope it keeps with the demand it gets for the long haul

Purchased at: The Good Guys

+ Great Price, Big load capacity, very easy to use, quiet, efficient

- Its essentially a computer, long washes

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Miggs26 - Curious about part of your comment.
"We do however have 1 small issue with this machine, if you wash any type of laundry, regardless of the type of powder that you use, for any longer than 1 hour, the end result leaves your clothes odourless ( almost off putting ) and feeling unclean."
What does that mean exactly?
Is it just the fragrance from the detergent doesn't permeate the freshly washed clothes?
I appreciate your comment as we are a family with a lot of washing and I have been using front loaders for years - with issue from time to time - though I do love them. If you can clarify, I would really appreciate it.

tom04 - Use Fabric softener! :) It does not damage your machine as the new softeners are no where near as gluggy as previous ones. If you do HOT maintenance washers without anything in the machine every few months you will have a long lasting machine as well as long lasting fragrance on your clothes :) We have the Electrolux Front Loader too and people always comment on how good our clothes smell so it is deffinatley not the machines fault I use the OMO pods with fluufy or cuddly softener! Try it you won't look back

jassin - Thanks tom04

angry mel - glad youre enjoying your machine i loved mone till the computer panel "seized" 2 months out of warranty... if dec 2011 is your purchase date i predict that your machine will sieze by feb 2013 ( 2 months after your warranty runs out), when it does, dont pay huge repair costs or buy a new machine..... there is a reset code which electrolux deny exists... when your machine has probs message me and I will give you the code for free, this is genuine as this is exactly what happened to my machine and now it works perfectly again , no thanks to electrolux.... I am sick and tired of big companies ripping off hard working people!!!!!

jassin - Just an update for you Angry Mel, July 2014 and our washer is still going strong as, no problems, i think you may just have been unlucky

See all 40 reviews for Electrolux EWF10831