Electrolux EWF10831 review by jassin

OK
Bad
Product Details

Release date: Jun 2011

Electrolux 8kg time manager, lifestyle wash system, 4.5 WELS rating, front load washer

Features:

• Synthetics, delicates, wool, hand wash
  • Special programs for silk
  • Pre-wash option
  • Special programs for jeans
  • Cottons eco wash program
  • Cycle start/pause button
  • End of cycle/fault warning chime
  • Cotton/daily cotton wash program
  • Time manager wash option
  • Delay start wash option
  • Special programs for easy iron
  • Extra rinse wash option
  • 3-chamber detergent dispenser draw
  • Rinse, drain and spin programs

Official Electrolux site

jassin's review

This is a great washer

- Excellent

posted this on Dec 22, 2011
This review has been viewed 11 times

We have owned this Washer for about 6 months now and have high praise for it. This is our first Front Loader, prices have come down a lot and the negatives that used to come with front loaders are starting to thin out. We are a large family and its gets it neck wrung all day every day and doesnt miss a beat. Its very easy to use as shown by our salesman and easy it is. Like anything you have to maintain/clean it regularly and i do. You can make washes as short or as long as you like. We do however have 1 small issue with this machine, if you wash any type of laundry, regardless of the type of powder that you use, for any longer than 1 hour, the end result leaves your clothes odourless ( almost off putting ) and feeling unclean. Other than that we love it, i just hope it keeps with the demand it gets for the long haul

Purchased at: The Good Guys

+ Great Price, Big load capacity, very easy to use, quiet, efficient

- Its essentially a computer, long washes

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Comments
Curious about part of your comment.
"We do however have 1 small issue with this machine, if you wash any type of laundry, regardless of the type of powder that you use, for any longer than 1 hour, the end result leaves your clothes odourless ( almost off putting ) and feeling unclean."
What does that mean exactly?
Is it just the fragrance from the detergent doesn't permeate the freshly washed clothes?
I appreciate your comment as we are a family with a lot of washing and I have been using front loaders for years - with issue from time to time - though I do love them. If you can clarify, I would really appreciate it.
Miggs26 posted on 11-Apr-2012 report this comment
Use Fabric softener! :) It does not damage your machine as the new softeners are no where near as gluggy as previous ones. If you do HOT maintenance washers without anything in the machine every few months you will have a long lasting machine as well as long lasting fragrance on your clothes :) We have the Electrolux Front Loader too and people always comment on how good our clothes smell so it is deffinatley not the machines fault I use the OMO pods with fluufy or cuddly softener! Try it you won't look back
tom04 posted on 12-Apr-2012 report this comment
Thanks tom04
jassin posted on 14-Apr-2012 report this comment
glad youre enjoying your machine i loved mone till the computer panel "seized" 2 months out of warranty... if dec 2011 is your purchase date i predict that your machine will sieze by feb 2013 ( 2 months after your warranty runs out), when it does, dont pay huge repair costs or buy a new machine..... there is a reset code which electrolux deny exists... when your machine has probs message me and I will give you the code for free, this is genuine as this is exactly what happened to my machine and now it works perfectly again , no thanks to electrolux.... I am sick and tired of big companies ripping off hard working people!!!!!
angry mel posted on 25-Jul-2012 report this comment