A'van Ovation

A'van Ovation

TerryWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Nothing but trouble

We purchased our Avan ovation m3 in 2014 and had nothing but trouble with it from the start,the batteries was wired up wrong so no power toilet didn't work,the floor covering started lifting,the battery charger packed in after a month,believe me Avan was no help at all,I would never buy another Avan no matter what model.

Purchased in February 2014 at Queensland RV for $125,000.00.

johnh

johnhHadspen

Love our motorhome hi

We have a M5 lowline motorhome, we are very happy with it. We did have a problem with the electric bed, Pakenham lock tighted the grub screw and have had no more trouble. Love the layout of it. Always had excellent service from Pakenham. The Fiat Ducato 3L is great to drive (love it).
Rhonda & John

Purchased in July 2015.

wonderful A van M5c

I have had my M5c for a couple of months now and must say it's a great van, however a couple of very annoying items that should be looked at.
1. the electric bed gives trouble when the drive shaft comes adrift, it needs a splitpin, not a grub screw.
2. The T.V. operates on 12 volts, but the sound system & video player ate 240 volts, which means, when out of range of a TV station, you cannot watch a movie, without using a generator.
Hopefully Avan will rectifi these problems.

Noel

NoelLaunceston, TAS

Fiat Ducato Tyres on my M5 c class Ovation

My new motor home purchased in April 2018 it has just completed 16000kms on basically straight roads (across to the west and back). I noticed the Michelin 225/75/16 tyres on the front are badly worn but with even ware. So arranged to have the tyres rotated at my local tyres store. The tyre store manager started looking into replacement tyres etc. for me when he came across the tyre Load Index Rating for my motor home should be 118 or better. The current tyres only have a Load Rating of 116 they are the Camping type tyre that should be used on motorhomes. Has anyone come across this if so have you change to a higher rating tyre and what brand.
Waiting on Fiat in Melbourne for an explanation.

Great Avan Motorhome C class M3

Would like to share our findings after three years of owning the Avan C class M3 (June 2015). The Fiat front wheel drive engine is superb and does not lack power at anytime, (in cruise control) on the open road or driving it manually around winding roads in Victoria,Tasmania, New South Wales and Queensland. The Service received by Avan at Pakenham has never been lacking in good advice and support. Ian, John, Jeff Jnr and Snr and the office staff have always been understanding and helpful at all times. This has contributed to our total enjoyment with our Avan motorhome. Thank you Avan Pakenham, Stella and Derek

K1W1

K1W1Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent M3 Motorhome

Very happy with this motorhome. Only little problems but easily fixed. The only thing wrong with the Avan Ovations is that it has no security door but that has been rectified. It makes you feel a little bit safer.

julie

julieBaxter

poor customer service

Safety switch burnt out tried avan no one was answering phones had to get it repaired in port hedland Wa when i sent the bill to avan they will not refund money for repairs as i did not get go ahead from them to get it repaired. the safety switches had 10 amp wires going to 16 amp switch it is a 2016 avan ovation

Feek

FeekHervey Bay

insurance or warranty which one

Nick and marg

Nick and marg

Happy with after sales/service warranty with Mark at Avan Penrith

Bought new M5. Dec 2017. Been motorhoming 24 years. Mark always helpful. Mark listened and open to try options suggested by us when others were negative about our ideas. Satisfied customer.

Lack of response for warranty issues and claims

Customer service is non existent
Since October 2017 we have been waiting for claims to be repaid and fly screen door to be replaced. Numerous phone calls and emails to no avail, even after contacting the owner nothing has happened. It is now the 13th February 2018.
We bought the AVAN M5 C Class Motorhome from AVAN Pakenham in March 2017.

Ric

RicPerth, WA

customer service non existent

If you want customer service, quality, or feedback on problems or happy helpful staff etc then DO NOT BUY AN AVAN or try to get any sensibility or customer service from FIAT DUCATO. Stay away and keep your sanity intact.

Nick

NickVictoria

Customer Service non-existent!

Rang Avan Pakenham to find out what was happening with the rectifying of the GPS in the M5 Ovation. Fellow I spoke to was totally dis-interested and just told me to ring FIAT - 'not our problem'. I tried to tell him that on spending $120k+ with Avan they had some responsibility. Not at all interested! Would not recommend Avan Pakenham to anyone. Maybe others have had a more positive response from them, but not me! I would have thought that the least they could do would be to have the name and phone number of the people at FIAT to talk to.

recall mirrors

I was surprised to get notification that the my motorhome was recalled to have my mirrors changed to electric mirrors but no such luck with navigation system I was surprised that notification was send ., direct from fiat and not from the fiat dealer, I notified my fiat dealer at Caroline Springs and after conformation with the service manager they very happy to rectify the mirror saga and now have electric mirrors.

Peter d

Peter dAdelaide

Avan ovation m5

Soft floor also at entrance.
Bought in Adelaide 2008 was brought up many times.
Response can't fix it here you'll have to go to Melbourne own expense crap all the way.
Build was ordinary.
Aircon still doesn't work from new.
Anything else I just did myself to rectify.
We've only done 65k in it and it's a great drive none the less but doesn't meet requirements anymore.
Would like to sell and get a caravan for us three.

Gremar

GremarGold Coast

Service Becomes too Hard

Like pulling teeth to get any sort of customer service or help with simple electrical problems. The service team in Melbourne become disinterested, give up quickly and tell you to contact a dealer. Service manual does not contains even one diagram for any of the services, electrical, water etc.

Customer service

Dealing with Avan Main office spare parts. Customer service what's that. Will be glad when the van is gone. Bits of trim missing, parts not their then blaming their suppliers for their ordering mistakes.

guru

guru

avan response mmmmmm

well its good to see avan responded i have no such luck, soft floor problem they will not give me any help or response despite pictures as requested oh well go it alone

Boris

BorisAIRLIE BEACH

Home Away From Home

We have had our M7 for 6 months and after a few hic ups with the fridge (3rd fridge in now) and a couple of minor problems we love it. Purchased new from Rockhampton Dealer in March 2016 found the after sales service from there, very very poor but in May we had contact with Brendon from Avan Spares in Melbourne and found his service was and is 5 star.
Comfort 5 Star
Layout 5 Star
Appointments 5 Star
Fiat Ducato 180 Excellent
We hope to see many other Avan Ovation Travelers.

Aussie John

Aussie JohnGOSFORD

A'van Penrith RV "The No 1 to deal with"

Mrs

Mrs

Albury Wodonga RV World - Great service and great after sales service

We bought an ovation M3 a few years ago and we love it. The layout is great and drive of the Fiat is excellent. We bought it through Albury Wodonga RV World, the staff are very helpful and nothing seems a hassle. We've been back to Albury Wodonga RV World for servicing and a few teething issues and again the staff were great. The only thing is that is seems like spare parts from avan seem to take ages to arrive. Also I suggest get a diesel heater if you travel around VIC / TAS during the winter months, they are the best!