AEG ACS18BS6

• Safety
H Williams

H Williams South West, WA

Excellent chainsaw.

Great small firewood and pruning saw. It exceeded my expectations and I have hardly used my petrol saw since buying this. It's light, well balanced and smooth so it's easy on your arms. It's certainly not the most powerful saw out there but it's adequate and no one expects a 12" battery saw to be a powerhouse. The battery died entirely (no lights or anything) after 1 year and 3 months, there is only a 1 year warranty on the battery but I feel it should have lasted much longer than that as all my other AEG batteries have. Replacement cost for the battery was $189 which leaves me a bit sour.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Carol Buwalda

Carol BuwaldaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Light and easy to use

It cuts 4 - 5 inch firewood for camping easily, I don't have the petrol smell in the car, and it is about the most compact saw of the ones I looked at.

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use 'handyman' chainsaw

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

Battery Chainsaws

Find out how AEG ACS18BS6 compares to other Battery Chainsaws

Talreuse

Talreuse

Fantastic Chainsaw, why didn't I buy this before now

I have to say I have not used any chainsaw before. The bunnings staff recommended this item so I could use a battery on multiple tools. The 6 ah batteries are long lasting and easy to attach. I was able to cut branches down in a matter of seconds, doing a yard trim in 30 mins (usually takes me 1/2 a day with the hand saw). Heaps of charge left.
Hot to heavy and easy to use, very responsive, and quick to stop in an emergency.
Easy to adjust the blade.
I recommend this product.

I am going to collect more of the AEG 18v tools for other jobs around the home.
5/5 stars

BernieFlyerHobart, TAS

Great Firewood Saw Not A Large Tree Felling Machine

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Very powerfull

Very powerfull cuts like a knife through butter, easy to use, great if cutting here and their but for any length of cutting or larger pieces stick to a petrol chainsaw. Will cut large pieces very easily but battery only gave me 3 cuts on gum tree 500mm across, 30mins for battery to cool down then on charge for 1 hour then 24 cuts on branchs about 200mm across, ended up doing most of cutting with a cheap ozito petrol chainsaw while battery charging. For the price think i should have bought good petrol chainsaw

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $649.00.

IanP

IanPIllawarra, NSW

Lightweight an long-lasting on one charge

My old Husquvana petrol chainsaw is nearly 30 years old and still going strong. But it is heavy - and I am not able to hold it for pruning and other lighter tasks. The purchased AEG is brilliant and I have found little need to fire up the petrol chainsaw any more. With a 12 inch bar and long lasting battery it is very useful. The warranty of 6 years plus 3 years for the battery is also exceptional.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Peter d

Peter dasked

How long will a AEG 18v battery last on a chainsaw

darren40

Not sure about 18 volt mine is a 58 volt. Wouldn't recommend 58 volt chain saw, to heavy, expensive and batteries dont last long I should have bought the 18 volt as i have lots of batteries

BernieFlyer

Well I use mine on small jobs and some bigger ones near the 12" bar size. Mainly hardwood. I have tried both my 6 Amp/hr Fusion battery and the more powerful 6 Amp/hr Force battery. The Fusion battery seems to last for ages still with 4 or 3 charged lights on the battery. I use the Force on bigger stuff though I would say it gives a little more power but goes down a bit faster. The Fusion battery is just great. A 45 minutes of medium work will still have 3 charging lights on. Lots of power and I get tied before the battery is finished. Fully recommend.

Get an answer from our members and AEG Power Tools representatives

CategoryBattery Chainsaws
Use Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cutting and Tree felling, sawlog prep, and milling
Bar Length30 cm