• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (34)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (26) · No (19)

Only nice things to say

I have been waiting a very long time but it is my severe PTSD and Agraphobia from Work Robbery and 7 years of severe Workplace bullying which resulted in one manager fired and two more managers demoted and shafted elsewhere. No help from compensation and denied I’d been affected . Robbery went through as a car accident ! Oh , there was no BULLYING!! .
I have lost everything , my house and my children . AIA should rate me for my lack of attention and wanted information . They have been incredibly lovely and I only receive respect and compassion . Thank you AIA

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi there, thank you so much for sharing your story and for providing this five-star review. Kind regards, AIA Australia

Tim
Tim

Nobody helps at AIA

After I signed up for an insurance, AIA charged an extra fee. When I contacted then, every operators come with different explanations. And I cannot resolve the problem. Nobody is responsible and helpful at AIA.

Chris Mills
Chris MillsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Recently had a very bad injury at work which unfortunately ended my career as an electrician. I had TPD assist insurance with my superannuation fund which AIA was the insurer. The staff were very friendly and assessed my claim promptly. The assessor kept me up to date with everything that was happening and called me once everything was finalized. I’m so grateful as this injury had put a lot of stress on me financially and I couldn’t fault the AIA team at all, the assessor was very kind and understanding. 10/10 thank you so much once again for the stress free process.

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Chris, thank you so much for your wonderful 5-star review and we hope you are keeping well. We're happy to hear that it was a stress-free process and all of your queries were answered. Kind regards, AIA Australia

Heartless company

BibotaCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Incompetent, Unkowledgable, Wasting Tax payers Money

It is taking over 4 years to resolve a simple claim despite all documents provided to AIA by Comcare and the Department. Their lack of knowledge and basic competency is unbelievable ! Wasting tax payers money should be criminally prosecuted.

AIA A.AIA Australia

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
A F.
A F.Sydney, NSW

Very Misleading scumbags

Transferred over from another health fund thinking that AIA were better boy i was wrong, worst company ever. All they care about is money and not the member they do not listen to the customer all they see is dollar signs. They are money hungry grubs avoid at all costs.

Anthony R.Illawarra, NSW

They will delay your claim forever and then just as you think you are there - Sorry need this as well

Anthony R.

You reached out and I responded over 3 weeks ago, still have not heard a word either on here, phone or email.

This seems to be typical AiA behaviour, we want to work with you, and then nothing.

GMSTONE K.Sydney, NSW

Heart Attach Claim 5 heart operations

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Gymstone K, we have messaged you privately so that we can begin to look into this further for you. Kind regards, AIA.

Caleb
CalebPerth, WA

Excellent customer service and good follow-through on what is said

Find out how AIA Australia compares to other Insurance

I wish I could give negative stars

Heath C.
Heath C.South West, WA

They simply do not care about you!

I hate you AIA insurance

I lodged my claim 12 months ago and keep getting the same old answers from them. Oh we need more information. I've seen all relevant drs and psychologists. Have all reports to them several times. Oh we need more information. Even my drs etc are sick of them to the point where they have said to me look we have given them all the information .And we are sick of them. I'm to the point of CRACKING and go and see them personally because they have ruined me Mentally and Financially. I hate you AIA insurance you grubs.

Jamiel
JamielSydney, NSW

Worst claims process I've ever experienced

Attempted to claim a hospital admission from September. Nearly December and absolutely no progress. Constant email volley, asking for another thing after you've given them what they previously asked for. They cannot seem to just list everything you need to claim in one email. Came to realise it's just their sneaky way of prolonging the claims process, whilst you pay for the premiums. They don't actually care about your health - its just a money making scheme.

Kimberly
KimberlyFar North Queensland, QLD

REST AIA member since 2015

Disappointed

I'd naively hoped my experience would be different from what I'd read here..

Income Protection

Does AIA always place their workers on leave when they begin to try to resolve complaints?

I had a number of stroke events while being kept alive with an artificial heart. My complaint was sent to a senior complaints staff member. She contacted my neuropsychologist and asked some unexpected questions, but the neuropsychologist was unable to catch her. She is now on “extended leave until 2022” (over 6 months) and no offer of resolution was able to be made.

Will AIA try to resolve this ongoing claim issue?

Income Protection

Will AIA ever accept that I am unlikely to ever work again after my complex medical history and ongoing health issues after terminal heart failure.

Sorry in advance for the rant.

Terminal illness benefit: my wife couldn’t claim as I didn’t have an enduring power of attorney and AIA failed to advise of the Administrative Tribunal’s role in getting a legal order for her to act on my behalf as I lay dying in my coma world. Even if a claim could be made, I was terminally ill for about 2 or so weeks. Would an AIA Dr be arranged and be able to assess me in ICU in those 2 weeks?

How many stroke events did I have? My Drs can’t answer with a number. Obviously more than the 4 I knew about.

Was I in kidney failure again in January 2021? Depends on the definition. I have a “very small reserve” of kidney function. Seems like any illness will land me in hospital with kidney issues.

Will skin cancer come back? No one can say.

Have there been any teachers successfully return to work after VAD artificial heart, multiple strokes, cardiogenic shock, further kidney issues, skin cancer and ongoing immunosuppressant regime? I haven’t found any in Australia. There was one in a different city c2012) with VAD to transplant. He has now retired after returning for a year or so. A fellow in another city had VAD and is now described as “retired Deputy Principal” in a media article. These are published in newspapers. I know overseas teachers in heart groups who tried to return to work after VAD and transplant. Haven’t heard of anyone back full time.

Is the stress of dealing with AIA and trying to arrange return to work likely to help me in honouring my donor and their family by living a healthy life? That’s a big issue for me, and I feel guilty, anxious and depressed (as assessed by neuropsychologist and clinical psychologist as well as GP and heart transplant team Drs.

Will the stress of this one ing situation further shorten my life?

I’m at the level now where I just want to know that I will continue to receive the payments to support my family, try lower risk meaningful activities and enjoy the years I have left by seeing my kids into adulthood.

Is that too much to ask. AIA staff have stated that I need “reassurance”, and that the product they offer is “peace of mind for your family.

Income Protection

How long does it usually take for AIA to accept ongoing payments as necessary?

I personally know of 2 people whose IP claims have been legally guaranteed until their policy expires (65 in their cases, as it’s been sold through superannuation). These people have both had cardiac issues and have been medically assessed as being unlikely to ever work again.

My cardiac issues were medically assessed as “terminal heart failure” and “met the definitions of terminal illness (source: heart transplant Dr and end stage heart failure Dr, respectively). I was also in a coma for a month, and my heart function (ejection fraction) was 5-10%, whilst AIA accepted the long term claim of some with an EF of over 30%.

So, how long will it take them to accept that I will need ongoing payments until my policy expires. Based on transplant statistics, I have a less than 50% chance to live until my policy expires, and the average life expectancy is described as 10-11 years (until I’m 60-61).

So there is a good chance that I’ll be dead before the policy expires, unless AIA act promptly. Or, is AIA’s plan to save money by placing me under enough stress to result in my death before the policy expires.

Come on AIA, you know that I’m never going to recover fully and return to work full time.

Hi Brett,

We are so sorry to hear that you have had a difficult experience. We have sent you a direct message to get some more information so we can look into this further.

Kind regards,
AIA

brett H.

Yes you did. A more senior complaints person contacted the neuropsychologist attached to my end stage heart failure team. The questions were unusual according to neuropsychologist. Was this senior complaints person asking if I would ever be able to return to work, with a view to agreeing to pay the benefits due under the policy until it expires? I won’t know because that AIA worker is now “on extended leave until 2022 (7 months)”.

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives