1.4

Mark Davey

Mark DaveyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lots of rewards until you start claiming

Looked like a great program to start with. I am very fit and do a lot of swimming. I picked up a $20, $40, $60 rebel voucher. Then all of a sudden they stopped giving me points for my activities. The rewards were meant to go up to $200 according to info provided when I joined. To rub salt into the wound they continue to send out emails showing they are increasing points for activities etc.
whatever I do they are not giving me a single point.
I contacted them about it. They were very sketchy. It appears they have brought in activity limits. These were not part of the program when I joined.

RAC

RACPerth, WA

Devastating consequences of trusting this company.

Cannot agree more with all the bad reviews. AIA deliberately drag out claims process to financially cripple people. If you are insured with them get out before you possibly have to make a claim. Their first priority is to deny claims. They will use anything little thing you possibly forgot to disclose, even unrelated to current condition to deny claim.
They have devastated me and my family.

brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Late payments causing financial hardship

AIA have made IP payments late, more than 3 days after they were due.

If I failed to pay premiums on time, I’m pretty sure that AIA would cancel my policies.

But it’s ok for them to pay late, apparently.

I don’t trust them.

I fully expect this review to be blocked by AIA.

Claim DateApril 2019

Jay L.

Jay L.Sydney, NSW

HORRENDOUS DO NOT USE!!!!!!!

DO NOT use this company!! Possible the worse service ever!!! Never call back & they just DONT CARE AT ALL!! **BE WARNED** This is the most unprofessional company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with in my entire Life!!!!

Jen

JenPerth, WA

Positive Experience

I lodged my IP claim after an unexpected illness in March 2020. By June 2020 after my 2 month waiting period plus 1 month for payment in arrears, my claim was finalized. The staff I dealt with by email and phone were so helpful and professional whilst still showing empathy and compassion. Yes it's a stressful process in some ways but the staff made it less so and explained everything they needed at any given time. Thankyou AIA.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2020
Mark F

Mark Fwangaratta

Tardy service

I have income protection, trauma and life insurance through an IFA/ accountant firm and have been paying over $30k for over 10 years now. I recently had an injury requiring 2 operations and was claiming partial income loss. The whole process took almost 4 months and at the end of it despite losing around 30-40% of my income, AIA declined to pay any of it.

When I was beginning the claim process I happened upon this site with some foreboding but was hoping due to the considerable sum I was paying that I wasn't going to be treated as though I had ticked my super box. I have advised my IFA/ accountant that I will be withdrawing my policies henceforth

Mark

Claim DateMarch 2020

Terrible to deal with

I have dealt with AIA through a financial advisor for the last few years. This has been a constantly painful process.
AIA's customer service is disjointed, accusatory, and assumptive that errors are always on the customers side. Simple things like changing payment details lead to threats of withdrawal of your policy.
Fortunately I have never had need to make a claim on my policies as yet but I am constantly left feeling that AIA would not handle them efficiently and without stress for the policy holder. As such I think it is time to seek alternatives.
Truly appalling customer service where they put their customers last.

TerenceSouthwest, VIC

Disgusting service by AIA and broker

Catherine

CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever experience with an insurance company

It took me five months to get my husband's claim. So many emails and phone calls. Only when I threatened to go to the ombudsmen did a manager ring me and sort out my husband's claim. Case manager never contacted us. It was cancelled out of the blue again today leaving without money. I rang last week and updated my husband's condition but when I rang today there was no record of it. I had to submit his original claim 4 times. I'm over being treated like crap. My husband paid his insurance and is entitled to it now he is sick. Shame on Hesta for using such a bad company. I'm ringing Apra tomorrow. Enough is enough.

Disappointed customer

Disappointed customer

Unauthorised debit of credit card

They debited my credit card of $ 530 although I had changed health funds & have not yet refunded it. They don’t give the finance department no. Don’t be fooled by their polite customer service. Worst experience of a health fund in Australia

AIA A.AIA Australia

AIA has refunded the transaction as of today & I want to thank the customer service team who accelerated the process.

Unethical. Terrible. Now in financial hardship

All info required inc85 page report from specialist received 8m ago. Been off work for 11m. Paid premiums for years. Same excuses everytime. In SEVERE financial hardship because of AIA

Claim DateNovember 2019

brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Is this even legal?

Claim DateApril 2019

Close to 100 views.
If 100 people view this each week, does it make it more difficult to sell the product?

Sweet G.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever policy Diamond life

annual payment $5399 , paid it every year for 12 years. the agent said i will get $5,000 back every year till i reach 100 years old. the agent did not tell us she gets $2,100 comission in first year and $100 every year for next 5 years. Then now after 12 years i find out i do not recieve $5,000 every year . but only $2750 every year. !!! now i have paid around $63,000 in total for past 12 years and if i decide to end the policy i get back only $50,000 . yes i got riped off hard and my hard earn wage for past 12 years gone.!!!!!!!

Sweet G.

When will government step up and penalise such agents and policies. because it was 12 years ago and i was pretty young and trusted the agent.

Hi Sweet G,
This is not good to hear! We've sent you a private message to get more information from you, that way we can pass the feedback on to our team.
Kindest,
Phoebe - AIA Australia

KristineQueensland

Baddest of the baddest

Kristine

lol so finally you guys are answering now after ignoring my solicitor’s letter several times then telling us last minute of the changes with assessor and delaying to respond to it?

OrKas

OrKasSydney, NSW

No One does Anything

Claim DateDecember 2019

Katy

KatyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad experience

the policy is not good value at all. I was getting charged monthly at a high rate and did not receive any support when i had a procedure .At first i was told it is covered then when i booked the procedure , i was told it is not covered. I had to pay everything out-of-pocket. Why am i paying thousands of dollars in Insurance if there's no support even for basic claims ? i am very disappointed and would not recommend this insurance to anyone . It claims all health awareness and frills but no real value at all.

Blake Jonathan H.

Blake Jonathan H.Central Queensland, QLD

Hayley Thomson at AIA is amazing

I had lots of issues mainly due to how complicated of a case I had. However once dealing with hayley Thomson in complaints all my issues were fixed. Wish all their employees were amazing as her

Claim DateDecember 2019
Shiri Stringer

Shiri StringerLongreach

Pathetic Service

Applied for my Income Protection insurance and after 11mths, get told that I wasn’t insured for the relevant period even though it has ALWAYS been apart of my super! AIA are dodgy. Definitely taking this further! Not impressed

Claim DateMarch 2019
Jamie T.

Jamie T.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurance ever

Been dealing with these crooks for 9 months after our claim was acknowledged. Now I get a letter in the mail that rest no longer deal with aia. We are waiting for a final response from aia then we will be taking you to court for misrepresentation of your policy. I can see why rest left you guys.

Claim DateJune 2019

johntaree

Non Performance

brett H.asked

Income Protection

Have AIA decided to start processing claims correctly, and recognising perfectly legitimate claims?
I wonder why

Rhys

Rhysasked

Total and Permanent Disablement

Reading all these comments, it's horrific when your waiting on a tpd insurance claim to get approved or rejected, I have supplied all the documents they requested, it's been over the allowed time for them to give me a decision, it's been under review , under review now it's been assessed by their chief medical officer zoran, I think they are going to keep reviewing it until I've killed my self, I can't believe my lack of common decency these people have, I'll say one thing, if I have to pay a lawyer to get what I'm entitled entitled to, I'm gonna spend the rest of my disabled life making sure webpages like this are not the ones I find 7 months after I lodged my claim, I've been researching tpd claims etc and my underwriter and it's only now I've found what I've dreaded... actual legitimate customer reviews, talk about kicking people when they are down...

I'm so sad.and overwhelmed of the phone call to finally comes and here what excuse they use to invalidate my life, trade qualification, career, health and insurance policy, oh my god what will I do

brett H.

Sorry to hear your story.
I don’t have TPD with AIA. iselect convinced me that being paid income protection until I’m 65 (policy anniversary, not actual birthday, but only a few months in it) was just as good.
Do you have your policy through superannuation? If so, when did you begin the super? My super is from 1994, and the TPD definitions are certainly tougher now.
Do you have terminal illness benefit? I have that with AIA, but they refused to talk with my wife when I was terminally ill in a coma (surgeon and specialist both have put this in writing).
Have you gone through AFCA? It’s a free service. You can look up past case decisions online. Look carefully at your relevant TPD definitions in the correct product disclosure statement. The older definitions are easier to meet.
I really hope it all works out for you.

Hi Rhys,

Kindest,
Phoebe - AIA Australia

sunshines
sunshines

Hi Rhys, go straight to AFCA. They will look after for you. Their number is 1800 931 678. You can tell them about the stress that AIA are causing you so that you can remove yourself a bit and concentrate on your health. I hope it all goes well.

brett H.asked

Income Protection

Is it legal for a life insurer to refuse to start a claim without the claim form being filled in by the claimant?

I couldn’t read or write owing to my medical condition (ie the sole reason for needing to make a claim). Section 7 of the life Insurance code of Practice covers clients experiencing disability. As well Australia has anti discrimination legislation and the commonwealth disability discrimination act. I would have thought that by refusing to accept a claim in a format I could access, the insurer is in breach of both legislation and their code of conduct.

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives