Very bad company

I claimed income protection and permanent disability three months ago at first it was going fast then after three weeks heard from nobody since .I call and they say someone will call you they never have two months later ! Then I receive a letter more paper work really I have sent everything meanwhile I am going broke and will have no where to live have been with rest for 28 years.I stressed and now sicker because of stress shame on these people now rest have changed insurers makes me wonder why .

AIA A.AIA Australia

Horrible insurance company-avoid at all cost

They are quick to take your money, awful if you want to make changes to your policy. My experience was that its easy to make changes as long as you buy more cover but I could not get them to make amendments to reduce. I ended being forced to cancel which is a pity as I entered into a level policy and ended up loosing a lot.

Kristie

Kristie

Horrendous and needlessly stressful

My payments are constantly late, my assessor Emma has never once contacted me, I get told wrong information constantly. I'm under the threat of eviction now because once again AIA have delayed payment again and when I rang the second time about this one payment I wasn't put on to a supervisor like I asked, was told empty platitudes and no closer to getting the payment which is now seriously delayed. I'm currently doing a graded return to work after a brain injury from a assault and the constant extra stress added by this terrible incompetent company is horrendous and hampering my recovery

Nathan

NathanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurance Ever

Claim DateJune 2019

Connie

ConnieSydney, NSW

Worst service ever.

Put in claim in August ,provided all paperwork asked for by staff members, still waiting for payment! Every time I want to case manager she is busy or in a meeting. Finally got to speak to her a few days ago,was told all paperwork was in order. Today get a phone call to say that paperwork is still missing so cannot process the claim till they receive more information! Such incompetence from staff every time you speak to someone told a different story. If I hear one more time to take care and get better I am going to loose it. How can you relax when there are bills to pay. Shame on you AIA would not recommend you to anyone.

Claim DateAugust 2019

John Picton

John PictonFar North Queensland, QLD

My claim

They took abit of time but come through in the end hassle free and all I had to do was tell the facts and they were awesome and have made my day

AIA A.AIA Australia

Thanks for sharing your experience John. Thanks - Matt (AIA Team)

Ash

AshQueensland

Income protection and tpd claim

Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

leisa masonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Oh my....disgusting. Worst service....EVER!

yashveer p.Perth, WA

AIA will help you if you are legit

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Ivan

IvanPerth, WA

AIA Insurance = my good experiance

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2011
Claim ApprovedYes

My fight from 2011 with incompetent crooks from AIA.

Robert Sh.
Robert Sh.

ChrisIllawarra, NSW

Waiting !

Applied for income protection claim nearly 2 months ago all documents sent to them and am still waiting to hear from them...To get back to me I've had enough stress am taking it further..

October 25th 2019 Update: Income protection

Absolutely Disgraceful..... Nobody calls back and you get different stories when you call and the assessor is "apparently" in a meeting may be different when a solicitor calls ? STILL waiting for a call

Chris

I've tried ringing the number to no avail

Adam

AdamMelbourne

Greedy, Unprofessional and Unethical. AIA Vitality Rewards themselves

E P.

E P.Sydney, NSW

Very disappointed with current assessor and management.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019

OVER ITSouth East Queensland, QLD

My God What a Dodgy, Incompetent Company

OVER IT

OK so why should I believe that you can make a difference, This claim was started March/April this year this is why I gave up 2 and half years ago because of the incompentence

Ted

TedPerth, WA

AIA are grubs.

Making it difficult for my wife who has multiple ruptured discs, a life injury. It affects this entire family, not just her. Put her premiums up to 14.5%! Money grubs.

Beeker77

Beeker77Melbourne

A.i.A Slow but good so far

There was a lot of documents to forward to them, they had to do a lot of work. I understand this but they were very slow and I was worried about the validity of the claim. In the end they back paid my claim and we are now, on our way thankfully.
There are some negative reviews on here, maybe patience and more understanding are needed.

Claim DateApril 2019
AIA A.AIA Australia

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent liars is the first thing that comes to mind.

One email address that is unmanaged known as the black hole. Constantly making excuses for delays they are responsible for. Take no responsibility for their delays. Terrible at recording information on calls. Constantly going around in circles, having to repeat myself constantly. No sensitivity to my mental health issues and have been lied to on several occasions. I get better service from centrelink

Poor service

I’ve got a income protection claim with them and I’ve had very poor service with late payments then having to call them and being told they will escalate it . They ring for your payslips then tell you it will be then next day and 1 week goes bye and you have to call them cause it’s not done and told it will be other 5 days , not good enough. There good in taking your money but not good in giving it back when you have a injury . After this I will never use them again .

Terrible treatment.

This company is an absolute disgrace, take your money then do whatever it takes NOT to pay. Rest superannuation is a part of this & I've been with them for 30 odd yrs paying income protection every month! I'd love to know how the CEO of rest Vicki Doyle feels about this treatment, I'm not going away I'll fight this if anyone else is having the same problem!!! Please get in contact. Get out of Rest super & put your money somewhere else.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Jack

Jackasked

Hi who is your governing body? Thanks

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Jack. I've sent you a direct message to assist in your enquiry. Thanks - Matt (AIA Team)

yashveer p.asked

Has AIA staff got enough training to deal with mental health patients? With my experience AIA is very bad , I have been suffering from acute anxiety and depression and the case assessor made it worst, the staff at AIA has NO CUSTOMER SEVICE at all. Does AIA have an internal dispute department? No, cause you guys are money hungry wolves that will devour any client to keep your claims payout ? I contested the decision made on my case,having all evidence, and to my surprise ,it was the same case assessor that looked into it when he was the problem :-( , AIA Is a joke and you guys do not help your members, I wonder how fraudulent people like yourself sleep at night,anyway, my lawyers are with me and I was wondering if anyone had a bad experience with AIA would like to join me on today tonight show ? We should let people know how AIA mock you around when you are already sick !!

Vicki P.

They're a joke my super rest use AIA looks like they don't pay anyone I'd be interested if anyone has had a positive out come please!

yashveer p.

So far, I didn’t see any good review about AIA , only negatives, super funds should really check who they associate themselves with :-(

Chris

ive broght the mental health awareness up in my obundman complaint as they were continually lying to me

Del W.

Del W.asked

Why do you have clients wait for there payments and never pay on time , you make constant excuses all the time . I’m so over this company but I’m sure you want this we walk again and you keep our money .

Vicki P.

Hopeless looks like no one gets paid I had surgery in Jan still haven't got one cent! I've been with rest over 30yrs paying insurance I just get my solicitors to deal with it far too stressful for me I'm not on medication for anxiety! They don't care!

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives