brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Is this even legal?

Claim DateApril 2019

Sweet G.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever policy Diamond life

annual payment $5399 , paid it every year for 12 years. the agent said i will get $5,000 back every year till i reach 100 years old. the agent did not tell us she gets $2,100 comission in first year and $100 every year for next 5 years. Then now after 12 years i find out i do not recieve $5,000 every year . but only $2750 every year. !!! now i have paid around $63,000 in total for past 12 years and if i decide to end the policy i get back only $50,000 . yes i got riped off hard and my hard earn wage for past 12 years gone.!!!!!!!

Claim MadeNo
Sweet G.

When will government step up and penalise such agents and policies. because it was 12 years ago and i was pretty young and trusted the agent.

Hi Sweet G,
This is not good to hear! We've sent you a private message to get more information from you, that way we can pass the feedback on to our team.
Kindest,
Phoebe - AIA Australia

KristineQueensland

Baddest of the baddest

Kristine

lol so finally you guys are answering now after ignoring my solicitor’s letter several times then telling us last minute of the changes with assessor and delaying to respond to it?

OrKas

OrKasSydney, NSW

No One does Anything

Claim DateDecember 2019
Katy

KatyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad experience

the policy is not good value at all. I was getting charged monthly at a high rate and did not receive any support when i had a procedure .At first i was told it is covered then when i booked the procedure , i was told it is not covered. I had to pay everything out-of-pocket. Why am i paying thousands of dollars in Insurance if there's no support even for basic claims ? i am very disappointed and would not recommend this insurance to anyone . It claims all health awareness and frills but no real value at all.

Blake Jonathan H.

Blake Jonathan H.Central Queensland, QLD

Hayley Thomson at AIA is amazing

I had lots of issues mainly due to how complicated of a case I had. However once dealing with hayley Thomson in complaints all my issues were fixed. Wish all their employees were amazing as her

Claim DateDecember 2019
Shiri Stringer

Shiri StringerLongreach

Pathetic Service

Applied for my Income Protection insurance and after 11mths, get told that I wasn’t insured for the relevant period even though it has ALWAYS been apart of my super! AIA are dodgy. Definitely taking this further! Not impressed

Claim DateMarch 2019
Jamie T.

Jamie T.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst insurance ever

Been dealing with these crooks for 9 months after our claim was acknowledged. Now I get a letter in the mail that rest no longer deal with aia. We are waiting for a final response from aia then we will be taking you to court for misrepresentation of your policy. I can see why rest left you guys.

Claim DateJune 2019

johntaree

Non Performance

What a terrible experience

Claim DateOctober 2019
Charlie

CharlieQueensland

Wish I could give no stars bullsh?t insurance

Going through afca and now a lawyer.. while stuck in bed with spine and brain injury.. nearly committed suicide 4 times thanks to this company.. no duty of care what so ever and just lie after loop hole after lie.. Going after them now I'm disgusted that a company can operate like this

AshtonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I am struggling mentally physically and financially.will struggle forever.hoping to get help from AIA

Samantha

SamanthaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute joke for an insurance company

Claim DateDecember 2016

SuelorrWestern Australia

If you are insured with this company you need to change it

I submitted a IP CLAIM in June of last year it took 6 months to get $15.00 per week and told this was because I am on newstart, if my claim had been processed in 60 as they stated I would not have been on centrelink so now I have put complaints in both with my super and AIA. I have had a response from my super stating my payments should be for 2 years they are only going to pay me until March 2020 instead of June 2021 my income protection amount should be 1485.12.

Claim DateJune 2019
Suelorr

I like you cannot make comment

Belinda

BelindaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service

I submitted all the required documents before the waiting period had to abuse them To get it finalised as had waited 2 months before it was approved. Finally got first payment after a number of calls now 14 days late on next payment. Was told a week ago would be escalated called a week later told the same thing as the last person obviously hadn’t escalated it. Stress of being injured, paying physio, bills, Christmas, kids school fees etc. I’m sure my employer pays them on time to insure me but they can’t push a button to pay me?! Will be taking it further.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Nicole M.

Nicole M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Diagnosed with a brain tumour 6 months ago, have sent through all my documentation months ago and heard nothing back no matter how many follow up emails have been sent. Planning to go to the ombudsman now, seeing how many people have been treated the same. Sick people shouldn't have to beg for services they have paid for.

Peter H.

Peter H.Far West, NSW

Class action suit needed

John K

John KSydney, NSW

Dreadful support for AIA Vitality

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi John, thanks for taking the time out to let us know about this - we're sorry to hear this. We've sent you a private message to see if we can help.
Thanks, AIA Team

Garfield P.

Garfield P.Perth, WA

They lie, they abuse you and they don’t care

This is an organisation that is so egotistical, it happily lies to AFCA knowing they face zero consequences (have 1 successful complaint and second one pending) Its claims staff lie ( I have transcripts) and deliberately re traumatise you.

Natalie S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unprofessional and unreliable

After my injury with 100% proof and the claim being accepted over 3 months ago ive been lied to numerous times theyv'e said they sent an email to my drs for more information and its not been sent after i called and checked 3 times before booking a double appointment 3 times with the dr , my assessor angela
is never available shes off to lunch or in a confrence or has just left for the day , i will be putting in a complaint to the ombudsom and heading to a current affair ,this is unacceptable ,while i cant afford to pay my mortgage and other bills , unnecessary stress and depression , get your jobs done asap just like you taking out money for these bad circumstances .

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Natalie, we appreciate you reaching out and are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We've sent you a private message to get a few more details so we can try and sort our your enquiry.
Thanks, AIA Team

Betaasked

WOW!
Can’t believe I am reading all these negative reviews.
I work for the federal government and my income protection is with AIA.
I might have to give my super a call and ask for a explanation as to why AIA was chosen.

Kristine

avoid them as much you can do.i even hired a solicitor because they are pathetic idiots

sunshines

Anything they promise in their promotional material is far from the experience they will actually provide. They will potentially cripple you emotionally. Definitely change insurer.

Beta

Are you claiming through your super or AIA directly?

Natalie S.asked

Income Protection

Why do you always have different excuses every time i call ? My drs have sent reports tp you AIA ans now youv'e said you need more , so i phone to make sure youv'e sent the email ,and guess what no email wasted the drs time and mine so i call again and was reassured youv'e sent and yet again not sent . How dare you make people's lives suffer even more its stressful enough losing your job over an injury over no fault of your own people have mortgages to pay im fed up with the constant lying by your staff and have never have gotten to speak with my assessor angela why? Shes out to lunch ,shes just left for the dat , or shes in a conference all a bunch of lies stop delaying my payment, i am going to the ombudsmen ,and a current affair on channel 9 and get all the people whom are suffering like myself , you have 100% proof of my injury and approved it, why keep me waiting , i will never recommend this disgusting insurance , they are unprofessional and unreliable,

Sue
Sue

Hi Natalie I am in the same situation as you ! I am so tired of getting the run around and ringing them constantly ! They keep saying to me they never receive my documents and then I send and send but no communication at all ! I pray someone can help us because I am genuinely injured and have no money but have super and this so called income protection, I am stressed just like you but getting no where and no payment from AIA they are all uncaring and unprofessional we need to start a group and do something about this company! Sue

Natalie S.

I am puting in formal complaint to the ombudsom, and their company as well also this week calling a current affair on channel 9 i am fed up of excuses and lies , they really think we are just another number when we have our mortages to pay and other bills i have a depression problem directly from my injury , i do believe they have their proticales to follow and need some time , they need to read their own product , as they advertise, they (help you in the event of injury or illness) hahaha false advertising liars.

sunshines

Hi Natalie, a friend of mine works for a current affair and knows just how bad AIA are because I have been telling her about them for the last couple of years. Let me know if you would like me to put you in touch. Leigh Sales from ABC's 7.30 would also be an excellent option.

Jack

Jackasked

Income Protection

Hi who is your governing body? Thanks

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Jack. I've sent you a direct message to assist in your enquiry. Thanks - Matt (AIA Team)

AshleyS
AshleyS

AFCA, Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I would encourage everyone here to lodge a complaint with AFCA. It will only be then that AIA will start to handle claims in a professional and efficient manner as opposed to the passive agressive customer service currently being provided.

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives