Aidacare

Unethical Company, deceitful and dishonest. Their reputation on Seek is deserving.

I went to the Brunswick head office for an interview. They are currently advertising for Technicians. They advertised the job at a certain salary, but when I arrived and interviewed I found them to be including a company vehicle in the salary and paying a dismal wage as a result. Even though I specifically told the job agency I wasn't interested in poor wages, they still mislead me and I drove 3 hours return for this interview. A disgusting way to deal with anyone and I hope your company treats it's customers better than it's staff.

Terrible Service

This store (Toowoomba) seems to be one of those businesses that sees the NDIS as a cash cow.
My OT ordered on my behalf a motorized scooter, memory foam mattress topper and walking stick and that is when the trouble started.
On the first attempt to deliver the topper and stick it was discovered that the items were not what we ordered and hen this company was informed they tried to spin the blame back on me the customer.
5 weeks later the proper items where delivered after we continually chased them as they made no attempt to keep us informed of what was happening.
My OT and myself constantly rang to find out when the scooter would be delivered as they had taken the funds many weeks earlier, they again continued to ignore my OT and in the end it took me ringing them and explaining I would be formalising a complaint to the NDIA before they agreed to deliver the scooter.
It would be my advice that if you require assistive equipment do not use these people.

AIDACARE Poor service and paid in full before they complete or supply - don't know their job- never

A $15,000++ electric wheelchair from Aidacare and we have issues with charging the batteries and they refuse to rectify the problem saying it is not their problem but the manufacturer but the manufacturer says it is the retailers responsibility to fix the issue for the retailers customer.

When they supplied the chair they were supposed to supply clamps to hold the seat. The retailer didn't bring the clips and took them off my manual wheelchair. Aidacare latter brought only two of the clamps for a four clamp seat. Very disappointed.

The chair itself is poorly designed and the steering is not intuitive - it can't be easily reversed - very poor design. Because the agent could not manoeuvre the wheelchair we requested a steering lock which Aidacre did not fit and they latter wanted to charge $959 instead of the original $670 quoted QTE000268144.

The manager has been rude and abrupt not wanting to make the required changes and seems happy the chair will run for only an hour per charge where it should get 20km to 25km (2 to 2.5 hours of running). The charger can not complete a charge and while the local agent wanted to fix the issue, the manager wants it dropped.

The matter was taken to fair trading and Aidacre refused to co-operate. Next viable option is the Magistrates Court.

Do not deal with these people - they are not familiar with their product, the agent that tried to fit the chair couldn't do it properly and they are in no hurry to do the right thing.

Ordering of parts

Needed a hanger moulding part and staff said should take 3-5 days. Its been 3 weeks haven't heard back after numerous attempt to follow up.. staff sloppy & disinterested

They came to my assistance.

The staff at Kings Meadows Aidacare in Tasmania went out of their way to ensure my needs were met.
The service I received was professional caring and efficient and I would highly recommend the staff and management.

I guess people who've been let down have a greater incentive to write a review, but every now and again you meet with great service that definitely deserves a very positive review.

A family member who is a long time wheelchair user needs a replacement for an ageing electric wheelchair and was having enormous trouble finding a suitable one, because of very specific needs. Fortunately Aidacare in Adelaide offer a magnificent service where their OT Lorien will bring a demo wheelchair to the home to check its suitability where it is likely to be used most. Lorien visited for two hours and was enormously thorough and practical. The result is a specification that is ideal.

Just to round off this review, the old chap is very happy with his wheelchair. As this is a review of the great service he has had at Aidacare, there is a separate review of the wheelchair titled "Otto Bock B400 - a great compact electric wheelchair."Oops sorry! Apparently I have breached the posting guideline by writing a review for someone else. This is what I would have written in a separate review, had it been okay to do so. Otto Bock B400 - a great compact electric wheelchair The B400 is a German-made prescription electric wheelchair. It's a range of similar wheelchairs, based on pages of options. A specialist OT prescribes your particular wheelchair from these options in consultation with you. We went to Aidacare in Adelaide and were very pleased with the service; see the separate review Aidacare – great service. This review is about my cousin's specific B400. He was looking for a compact yet fast wheelchair to go in the back of the car, easily navigate his house and travel about without taking all day over it. His particular B400 meets these criteria in that it will do 10kph and yet fit into a mid-sized station wagon without having to put the back seat down. He only has to remove the footplates for it to fit. This is his 3rd electric wheelchair and the first to have suspension, rather than relying on the tyres and the seat cushion. It has coil spring suspension on all 4 pneumatic wheels The only downside is that coming from overseas can take quite a while, but if this is the wheelchair for you, then it's worth waiting for. They has been a minor problem which is being dealt with very professionally.

Great resolution

After my previous review regarding my frustration with my and my OT’s after sales dealings regarding a second cushion covers not received I have great news.
I was contacted by head office who went through the process that should have been undertaken initially and I finally have my cover.
While you can’t always rely on having great staff interactions I am very impressed with the follow up and resolution that ultimately occurred.
I now say give aidacare a go

Worst customer experience ever in my entire life

I rented a wheelchair for my mother in law for two weeks. The people on the phone were gruff, the people in the warehouse took 20minutes to serve us even though they said it would be ready at a particular time and nearly one hour to return it. Despite complaining there was no acknowledgement of their negligence. The actual product was good but if you can find somewhere else, go there!

WARNING ABOUT PRODUCTS PASSING SAFETY BUT UNSAFE

I was delivered a wheelchair from Aidacare, through my Occupational Therapist and Service Provider. It was a rental... - NOW THIS WHEELCHAIR HAD GONE THROUGH SAFETY CHECK IN SYDNEY - THEN SAFETY CHECK IN BRISBANE - SAFETY CHECK ON GOLD COAST AND ALSO AGAIN BY MAINTENANCE MAN !!!!! THIS IS TERRIFYING !!! HOW DID IT GET THROUGH AND GET TO ME AND THEN PASSED AGAIN AND CAUSED ME LOTS OF PAIN !!!?????
THIS DOES NOT SAY MUCH FOR THEIR SAFETY CHECKS BEFORE GIVING CLIENTS ITEMS.... PLEASE PAY THE EXTRA AND HAVE YOUR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST CHECK ANYTHING YOU GET FROM THERE.
I have chronic pain and cannot sit or stand for too long and it is very difficult to find something comfortable for me. This wheelchair was actually comfortable. The first time we used it my carer took it out of the car at John Flyn hospital and one of the wheels came off, so she fixed that.
i had the maintenance man look at it and he gave the "all go ahead" with it. I was on double my pain killers as I had a fall. I actually sat on the wheelchair at the computer, as I cannot sit at the computer for more than a few minutes usually. I noticed that the pain on the inside of both my legs going up to my groin was badly aggrivated. My son looked at the wheelchair -
THE FEET WERE AT DIFFERENT HEIGHTS - IT NEEDED AN ALAN KEY TO FIX but we couldnt fix it
THE BACK WAS TORN AND NOT ATTACHING WITH THE BOLTS
IT WAS TOTALLY UNEVEN AND HAD CAUSED MY CONDITION TO BECOME VERY AGGRIVATED AND PAINFUL AND I WAS UNABLE TO WALK AT ALL.
I rang Aidacare and the lady said that she had 2 wheelchairs coming from Brisbane and would have one of them brought out to me. They left it at my front door - it had a velcro strap missing from one of the feet and seemed out of balance plus this was the type of wheelchair that really hurt me. that was a Friday morning and I needed a wheelchair to get to the Doctors - but I was told that they would come out on Monday... so I went through a lot of pain and walked with my Wheelie Walker
On Monday when the man came out - he wouldn't fix the first chair that was comfortable informing me it was broken.... and he took the other chair.
There was no apology - no offer of compensation for it hurting me - but he finally did admit it was scarey.
A lot of "Aged Care and Disability Prvoders" use this company !!!! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE LOOKED INTO ... AND THEIR HOME PAGE ABOUT EVERYTHING TESTED ETC .. WELL...
I feel so scared for the elderly out there who are delivered faulty equipment and who do not voice up ... Please, use your voice - you are not being a "hassle" you are helping all others that this happens to and also showing them to voice up as well.