• Product is used:
    • Several times a week (7)
    • Daily (3)
    • Rarely (1)
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Nathan

NathanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Is the oven supposed to have a light inside?

I’ve had my oven for a couple of years and it doesn’t light up inside when using it. Is their a bulb inside that I can change?
The decals have worn off so I don’t know which mode I’m in. How do I get replacements for those ? Finally the alarm sets itself and randomly goes off in the middle of the night. We only touch the dials, not the buttons around the central display, yet the countdown alarm seems to randomly set itself off. Has anyone else experienced that. Your help would be greatly received. Thanks.

Purchased in April 2017 at ALDI.

Louisensw

Not reliable

The oven part gave up after 6 months. When it worked it was good. The grill still works but I don't use it cause it tends to smoke when using it.
Wouldn't recommend.

Purchased at ALDI for $299.00.

missy_muffett

missy_muffettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Fan & heating element died within 3 months. Had to beg & beg to have it repaired, this took over 6 weeks. Then the parts had to be ordered, another 8 weeks. Finally repaired, broke down again after one month. Guess what, refused to do major repairs. The oven is rubbish, but the guarantee & after sales service is non existent.

Purchased in March 2019 for $300.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Patrick Harrison

Patrick Harrison

Lasts 6 months of use

Does not have bottom element. I have had it one year and fan has broken twice on the 2nd time they have given full refund. On the first time, the repair man (contracted by Tempo, Sterling) damaged my floor and told me it was my fault for not protecting it from him. Considering it cost me $600 to install, not great. In a way it has served a purpose for me as I wanted something until I could redo kitchen. Really I think it is worth saving up or getting a Miele on finance. I have spoken to a few oven sparkies and they have all said the same.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $399.00.

Product is used: Daily

Do not buy this oven! Mine has died 3 times in 2 years!

While it's a great price and may look quality, this oven is not worth the money you 'save' up front rather than buying a bit more expensive oven. Ours has died 3 times in 2 years. They have fixed it twice - first the thermostat broke so it wouldn't heat up (...essential), then the display stopped working, and now it's complete died, nothing on the display, won't turn on. Wonderful! Now I get to replace it... and pay an electrician AGAIN to install a replacement one. You aren't saving yourself money by buying this oven - give it a hard pass!!

Purchased in June 2017 at ALDI for $299.00.

Pete Strange

Pete StrangeVictoria, 3915

Extremely happy !

Purchased in February 2016 at ALDI for $350.00.

Edie

EdieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible! Broke within six months

We had gone a bit over budget in our kitchen renovation and decided to take the cheap option. We regretted it as soon as it was fitted. The oven stopped working within months and the people at Stirling wanted us to jump through so many hoops to replace it, it just wasn't worth it (given we'd only be getting another poor quality oven). We now just live without an oven while saving for a better option. Will never buy any electronics from Aldi again - lesson learned.

Purchased in March 2018 at ALDI for $250.00.

zip

zipSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish never buy this brand again

Purchased 6/2016.had thermostat replaced 6/2017 overheating. 02/2017 replaced thermostat again overheating. 7/2019 has died.burnt wire smell nothing works absolute rubbish 3 year warranty barely got 1 year service I would not recommend it to anyone

Purchased in June 2016 at ALDI for $299.00.

Amanda O.

Amanda O.Darling Downs, QLD

Cooked pretty good for the price, but didn't last

I bought one of these ovens in August 2018. It seemed to work pretty good given it was so cheap, but that is exactly what it is, cheap. The Element blew in it on the weekend (10 months after I bought it) I don't by any stretch of the imagination use my oven much, maybe 2 or 3 times a week at best. I called the contact centre and they were very helpful, but it will cost too much for a technician to look at it, so they are meant to be sending my a refund. I am yet to see the refund, but they did say it could take a few days to receive it in my account.

Purchased in August 2018 at ALDI for $149.00.

Ian F.

Ian F.South East Queensland, QLD

Only comes with one rack and one solid tray

Unpacked it, looks OK but only comes with one rack and one solid tray so I will be returning it. Has a 10 amp plug on the electrical lead. Haven't turned it on so can't comment further.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $249.00.

Sarah S

Sarah SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Smoke or steam comes out every time the door opens.
Roasted potatoes on 180. Funny smell came from oven, all the paint at the bottom had bubbled.
Terrible to clean. Would not buy again

Purchased in January 2018 at ALDI for $249.00.

Last me 10 months

Don’t recommend to anyone, German technology at her best. Circulation fan was overheating and almost burn my house, now metal noise when is on. I hope ALDI seio my oven because I don’t trust it to be repaired

Purchased in June 2018 at ALDI for $400.00.

debee

debeemilperra

smoke comes out when opening the door

when cooking in the oven and opening the door to remove or check it the room fills up with smoke/steam hardly use it anymore wouldn't buy again have heard other people have said the same

Purchased in April 2017.

Louisensw

Value for money

Bought as a cheap replacement for an oven that wasn't working in our newly purchased home. Easily installed and comes with a 3 year warranty which by that time we will be renovating the kitchen. Fan forced, very quite so much so I keep checking it to see the fan is working. Really LOVE the fact that you can take the oven door off and separate the glass to clean it really easily. Would recommend.

Amy W

Amy W

Can't cook over 170 deg or the unit turns itself off,

It's 2 years old and this is the 2nd time. Problem with the internal thermometer. And don't try using 2 of the hot plates at the same time, neither will boil. Complete waste of money and energy trying to get it fixed. Talking to the call centre is like trying to win the lotto. I know some does. Just not me

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Meerkat

MeerkatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap and good oven.

I purchased this oven to replace an old Simpson oven. The sparky who installed said he has never heard of a bad review. It cooks well, bakes great. I reviewed it before buying and saw that it had great reviews. I use it at least once a week to bake or cook.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

PJC

PJC

Overheats and cuts out

Worked when first installed, then it seems to have lost its thermostat, and keeps heating until it cuts out.
I made a warranty claim on Tempo, and also mentioned that the writing had worn off the knobs. They sent me new knobs and closed the complaint Grrr.
I opened a new compliant , got the outsourced technician out and he said it was overheating because of the cupboard it was in, and advised us to drill holes to increase air flow.
We took it out of the cupboard and sat it on the bench, still the same problem.
Waiting for repair, hoping for a refund.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

HashK

HashKPerth

Cheap & Looks Great

Purchased in August 2018.

Angus H

Angus HAU

Broken Thermostat, faded Knobs and noisy oven within 1 year of purchase

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Angus H

Angus HAU

rubbish quality backed up by rubbish service.

The oven looks great but it ends there. I have had problems with parts from August on only got them just before Christmas. Twice they sent out the wrong parts and I still have major problems with the replacements. Both Aldi and Tempo will not refund my purchase price. I have made numberous phone calls to both Aldi and Tempo and I go no where.
The headache is not worth it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Lee

Leeasked

My oven went to sleep I can't see timer or the clock and not turning on can u help me what to do thx

Louise

This oven seems full of faults.. There is no setting or remedy to fix your problem yourself it's a warranty call unfortunately

lynette b.asked

How do i reset the colck

Hi Lynette,
You press the button ( manual mode button) to the left of minus button. If your decals have worn off the manual button is the third button in from the right as you look at it. Then you use the plus and minus buttons to set the time. You don't have to press a button after that to set it as once you stop pressing plus or minus it's sets itself and you know that has happened when the little dot in the middle of the display stops flashing. So to summerise:
1. Press the manual button once ( don't have to hold), that will cause the dot to flash
2. Press plus or minus buttons to run through the time ( you can hold those buttons down to speed up the process)
3 stop pressing when it reads the time you want and a couple of seconds later that middle dot will stop flashing meaning the time is set. Think it is a 24 hour read out.

lynette b.

Thank you for your help. My oven works again.
Thank you .
Lyn

zhi shi

zhi shiasked

what is causing the power supply lost (display disappear) during cooking time? it be back after hours.

Louise

It shouldn't be doing that so if it's still under warranty and you have the manual at the back of the booklet you will find a contact number for warranty enquiries. Alternatively you can ring Aldi info line (You can find it on the net) and they will give you a number of the warranty service people. Think it has a 3 year warranty so if its older you are out of luck. I wouldn't recommend buying another one they seem to be very problematic.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives