Aldi Flat Pack Cabinets

See the Best Living Storage in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disappointing

I was very excited to purchase this cabinet to hide away my husbands shoes. After spending a long time putting it together, I was excited to put my husbands shoes in but unfortunately the shoes didn’t fit. The draws wouldn’t close and only a few pairs would fit in on an angle. Such a waste!

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $49.00.

Shoes do not fit!

None of the shoes of anyone in the house fit. The shoes on the box must be for children. Waste of time and money! Chipboard also split as I was putting it together. I normally love Aldi but this experience has not been a good one.

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $49.00.

Great for kids shoes only!

Spent approximately 2 hours assembling this item, instructions were straightforward but when I endeavoured to put my very average size 9 shoes in - I couldn’t close the drawers. Complete waste of time and money.

Purchased in August 2019 at Australind for $49.99.

Only fit for kid shoes

Mine and my husband shoes did not fit and couldn't close the rack. wasted 2 hours assembling it. Also the manual is not that clear while assembling the rack. The look of the rack looking cheap after assembled

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $50.00.

Up to 18 shoes if you have tiny feet.

Was wanting something that I could hide away mine and my husband's weekly shoes from the hallway, eg work/gym/outdoor shoes. I can fit max 6 pairs in! I'm a size 10, it doesn't accommodate for hi-top shoes (you have to put them in on an angle) and sandals fall through the bottom gap. If you want to store kids shoes it would be great but otherwise wouldn't recommend. Also cheap flimsy material.

Purchased in July 2019 for $49.00.

Easy to build and good value for money

I purchased this 2 months ago from Aldi and it was very easy to build, very straight forward. The quality is pretty decent and it is value for the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Aldi Flat Pack - Mirror Shoe Cabinet

Recently purchased this product. Unfortunately was left very disappointed. It was made from low grade chip board. Chip board was flakey and has massive borer damage product was very flaked and could not hold screws. Holes where either drilled too small so screws did not fit or holes drilled to large so they just simply turned in holes. The mirror used was extremely heavy and could not be held by side supports. It collapsed more than once. Ripping out screws and splitting Malamine. Cheap product. Do not purchase. Have taken it to the tip..for disposal.

These are made PERFECT so You can put together a PERFECT Cabinet

I have just put together two ALDI RITZ Shoe cabinets. You will need the assembly instructions as putting these together isn't just straight forward. These cabinets have been designed and made to be assembled using excellent quality parts and screws etc. Naturally the first cabinet is always the hardest, as you find out how exactly to put it together. Using only a phillips head screw driver and a rubber mallet and following the instructions exactly, I now have two perfect shoe cabinets. Just make sure the holes [already drilled] in the wood is aligned to where the screw goes. Sometimes I had to turn the piece of wood around to align the holes perfectly, and the item will all go together perfectly... I have previously assembled an ALDI 4 DRAWER cabinet and a one drawer french bedside table and they all look professional too...
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BUGBUYER LEE

Cabinet Awareness for Front Load Machines

If you own a Front Load Washing Machine and think it would be easier to access if mounted on a cabinet I would recommend paying a bit extra and purchase a steel cabinet for stability.

The ASKO cabinet is approximately $500.00, but, a similar cabinet from the Good Guys is approximately 1/2 the price.

Aldi had Cabinet Flat Packs out on special and my wife was advised by her Physio to raise up her Front Load Machine to make it easier for her.
Well a NEW Flat Pack entered our home and I set about assembling it for her. It looked professional when assembled, BUT, the top had NO MEANS to prevent the washing machine from walking off it.

The ASKO machine has a TOP SPIN of 1600 RPM.
OK, if it sitting on the floor, BUT, on the cabinet - WOW!
Shake, Rattle, Rock-n-Roll, is the best way to describe the motion.

The Machine proved that the Flat Pack Cabinet was not strong enough to with-stand the HIGH SPIN of the machine.
The method of assembly left too much free play in the fittings and the RATTLING CABINET gave the impression of wanting to FALL APART.
To strengthen the cabinet and make it more solid I made up a Tubular Steel Frame and Bolted it into the cabinet.
The draw also requires a fastener to prevent it from vibrating open.
The machine and cabinet at now firmly attached to each other by 'Pedestal Bolts' from the manufacturer.

I have also seen other Flat Packs on the market and my advice would be to check them carefully to establish if they have a similar method of assembly that may require strengthening for a Front Load Washing Machine.

Remember, accidents can happen too easily in the home, therefore, please take care.

hi, i bought this and broke one of the white parts holding the cabinet up, was wondering if i could order just that part? thanks

Before I try to assemble the 4 draw (3 for shoes, 1 thin one above for God knows what) shoe cabinet that I bought from Aldi on 20 July 2019, will it fit men’s size 10-11 shoes and women’s size 9.5-10? I don’t want to assemble it and then find out we can’t use it. I may as well return it now if it can’t fit our shoes into it. Thanks in advance
No it definitely will not! I’m a size nine and nine of my shoes fit! Unless you’re a size 6 and under it’s useless!Thank you, I did read the reviews last night, but was unsure if you could somehow make larger shoes fit by removing a section or not as I read in the instructions that it was possible to do that. I also read it’s best to attach it to a wall which we cannot do. I will tape the box back up and return it. Thank you in advance from my Husband as he was not looking forward to assembling it after reading the instructions and told me to return it and go to IKEA instead lol! Thank you so much!!!

Lost the instruction manual, anyone have one please ?
Is it the shoe rack with 3 shelves and a small drawer at the top?? as shown at the top of the page?? LEE Bugbuyer

CategoryLiving Storage