2Alligator Mini Chopper with Collector

Alligator Mini Chopper with Collector

2Alligator Mini Chopper with Collector
2.5

33%13%53%
Brand Manager for Alligator? Claim your listing.

nothappyjan49
nothappyjan49PERTH9 posts

Hasn't lasted 2 months!

Use once a week. lasted not even 3 months!. Dice ONLY capsicum, tomatoes and cucumber. Blades have bent and now fallen off! Bought from House but don't have receipt. Not i pressed with cheap product. The one I bought from Aldi for $10 lasted 8 months!! Shameful Baccarat, I though you sold better quality products, but now I know you too only sell cheap products for a premium price!

Lansi
LansiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts

Couldn't live without it

I find this great to use, mostly I do onion and potato although I've also done carrot and other firm vegetables. Only seems to work with peppers etc if they are very firm which does not really worry me overly much. I have some trouble with fine cordination in my right hand and that makes cutting with a knife a bit tricky so I love this gadget for that reason also.

Gale Pocock
Gale Pocock

This is an extremely bad product

Can not believe this is a product made by Baccarat.It was so flimsy. I tried dicing onions,returned it to House they understood and replaced it.I returned that one two days later.Sorry i was expecting a better product. Very disappointed.

Frankie
FrankieAlburry23 posts

Avoid this product

The first time I used this, it worked well. But when I tried to slice bell peppers, the blades became very dull and just ended up mashing them. I tried it again on other vegetables but I just ended up with the same poor results.

Manie
Manie

Full disclosure

Alligator chopper blunts each time I dice capsicum aka pepper. House have been brilliant in replacing the blade once and it happening again as soon as I chopped capsicum. No where does it say do not chop this veg. Have now pinned.

Jason
JasonSydney

Bent blades, rubbish

On 5th use the blades bent whilst chopping thin layers of TOMATOES!!! Poor quality metal. I can't find anywhere to source spare parts on the internet. Baccarat website is "under construction".

carla959
carla95914 posts

Waste of money, it just doesn't cut it!

I tried cutting both onions and capsicums, vegetables that are always in my home cooked meals. I applied a lot of pressure with my hand but the capsicum got half squashed, half chopped; and the onion - I couldn't even get the blades through it.

My opinion is that the blades are very poor quality, very blunt and thin/flexibile. I was quite disappointed as I really wanted this to work.

Shacourt
ShacourtSydney22 posts

Excellent but expensive

This product is excellent but hard to find in shops (bought from Amazon). It is expensive but when you realise that one company has the patent for it - the price is understandable.

Serranos
SerranosBrisbane

Best time saving Kitchen utensil

I own a busy restaurant, we have been using these alligator choppers for years. It is used everyday with our daily prep, We cut Onions, carrots, cucumber, tomato, and potato with ease.

We have just started using our 3rd one in 4 years. It has a consistent cut every time. for those that complain about it not chopping and using to much pressure ... you need to do the chop in one fast motion! ... Not sit it on and try and push through it. think of an AXE and how you use that.

We have tried many other "commercial" ones and all have failed after a week.

I'm currently looking for my next backup one as they can be hard to find sometimes. best $40 bucks i've spent!

jackie
jackie

Can live without out!

Not impressed at all. It is useless for hard vegetables. Even though I cut a carrot in half, I thought I was going to break the thing. All the carrot didn't go through. Unable to do strips for cold slaw. Returning it tomorrow.

bronros
bronrosGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC72 posts

kez33
kez33PERTH

dontcareanymore.
dontcareanymore.Sydney, NSW4 posts

Less tears but not as easy as it looks!

This product is a timesaver, but you still need to do some chopping, eg halve the onion first, not that this is too difficult! What is difficult though, is pressing the handle through the vegetable, it seems it doesn't always line up? I find you have to jiggle it and then press again quite hard and the veggie then gets chopped, and goes into the container.
Least to clean, comes apart easily, top shelf dishwasher safe
Strength needed to put pressure on lever
kmama
kmama
Jme
JmeAU43 posts

This chopper is very disappointing

After watching the video at the shop of the Alligator Chopper, I was convinced enough to purchase thinking it would be good to make finger food for my baby.

However I was HIGHLY disappointed for the following reasons:

1. Doesn't do cubes despite what it says on the advertisement

2. Vegetables such as potatoes and sweet potatoes cannot be put into the machine because they are too hard for the chopper

3. Even with an onion it took a large amount of force to push down the chopper - the blade is very weak.

4. In general the chopper is not very sturdy and when you push down on it, feels like it could break.

5. Price is expensive for what it can't do!

Expensive, doesn't chop harder vegetables, hard to use

tryingtobehelpful