Ancestry.com

Ancestry.com

Upset about refund policy

Steve

Steve

Serious Problems. Are they closing down?

Hi Folks,
My DNA says I am half Irish and part of me is also German BUT when I go to the WORLD MAP of DNA on Ancestry there are no flags in Ireland or Germany. So why can't I see who I might be related to in Ireland or Germany. I phoned Ancestry. Com but their response was hopeless. Very sad. Do we have to pay more to see more????
I called them again today 16 April 2021 hoping to fine someone who could give me some advice but ended up in at a Philippine call centre. The guy did his best but I still think they do not understand some simple questions. Not good. I want to upgrade my membership but I think it will be a waste of money.

Hani

HaniSydney

Your dog could probably tell you more about your ancestry than Ancestry.com

Purchased 3 test kits. Sent 2 of them for analysis. One came back while the second is still being completed. Problem is, the one test result that came back was less than what I already knew about my family member. This company's tests are very shallow and unremarkable in its finding.
Do **not** waste your money. Some Google searches (I wish I did before buying) are showing their competitors are better.

Evan M.

Evan M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

stole mymoney for membership i cancelled

i cancelled renewal and they still charged, beware of these scammers. i was stupid to trust them with my card details dont make the same mistake i did its not worth it

Don't waist your money

Darren

DarrenGeelong

DONT DO IT

Appalling company with no integrity. Save your money. They should be run out of business. Would like to know what country they are located in but be sure it is one that is dubious like the company

Janey

Janey

I have tried to cancel this membership 6 times now. It is nigh impossible to do.

Very unhappy with this company. Now I have to cancel my credit card with my bank as I can NO longer afford it! How can they manage to withdraw money from an expired card? Very stressful to me personally and I can't find any customer support phone number.

DON'T DO IT!

Disappointed

DisappointedPerth, WA

Be careful with the 14 day free trial

Signed up yesterday for a free 14 day trial, decided it wasn’t something I would get much use out of, went to cancel today and boy was it a drama, I think it’s deliberately setup to catch people who leave cancellation to last day and then their credit cards get charged.
After searching I found a number to call, cause I couldn’t cancel via their webpage.

Nat88

Nat88South East Queensland, QLD

Cancelled 1 hour after creating the free trial

Curiosity got the better of me one night so I signed upto the 14 day free trial. I used it for the best part of an hour on the 8/02 and cancelled it after an hour. Today its the 27/2 and they have just taken $49.99 for something I won't ever use. I will be calling them at 9am because apparently they will open them. Every click is money with them. Scam I feel

Casey

Casey

Ughhh but now I'm smug

GPjr

GPjrGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still no results, 3 months after sending kit back

The kit arrived as promised, I followed the instructions and sent it back in early December.
It is now the end of Feb and still no results, status on their webpage says they received my kit on the 21st of January.
Worst customer service.

Ian R.

Ian R.South East Queensland, QLD

Rated a two on mixed results

Kim S.

Kim S.Victoria

DNA ANCESTRY KIT DEBACLE

I purchased a DNA Kit, sent it back, I have been told it will take 30 days or more to even merely acknowledge that it has been received or not. Then 8 weeks or more for results. It cost a lot of money and customers should, at the very least, have confirmation of the kit being received by Ancestry within days of receiving it. Not good enough ANCESTRY.

Ben

BenIllawarra, NSW

Ripped off never received DNA kit

Paid for a DNA kit, sent it away.... that was 6 months ago now. After I patiently waited 2 months (max timeframe given) I contacted ancestry to see if my results were ready. They said the kit was contaminated and had to be redone. They sent another and we sent it straight off. Never heard a peep. It’s been 6 months now, and all I get are excuses, no results! Very poor company, should be investigated!

Neil O.

Neil O.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not impressed

Paid a squillion for a “ world heritage” membership. When it expired- I couldn’t access the records that I had already paid for.
Went back on it a while later with a plan that says it gives you access to essential British records.
Good luck with that one. Most of the records are locked out.

Navneet

NavneetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worse service ever.

Didn't get my DNA result even after two months. When asked about the results then they contacted me that we are following it. After few weeks they told me that sample that's been contaminated. I don't know for how long I have wait more.

Ash

AshPerth, WA

Scamed

Signed up for a free trail it said money would be temporarily deducted from my acct then I would see the money back,this did not happen I was charged $30 for nothing I cancelled the same day as it had absolutely nothing about my family waste of time and scammed me of money.

Kate

KateWestern District, VIC

Had to temporarily suspend our card.

Steven S.

Steven S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How the hell can Ancestry.com.au be allowed to operate in Australia?