ANZ Progress Saver

ANZ Progress Saver Questions & Answers

40 questions from our users

Pam Cassidy

Pam Cassidyasked

Can I get an extra card on my progress saver account so that my son can withdraw from the account?

Chris M

Chris Masked

Can I withdraw from my Anz progress saved account once a month say on last day of month without losing interest

ConsumerMan

A withdrawal at any time in the month will result in loss of bonus interest. Read the PDS for full information

legendasked

i want to have an account solely on saving a specific item
can i have multiple savings accounts since i already have one?
if not can i have a different type of account?

pd_one

yes, I have two progress savers

legend

can i just apply online?

Dan

Danasked

If I don’t make a deposit this month and withdraw some money from the savers account, what kind of interest will I be still getting? Thanks for your help.

pd_one

nothing for the whole month when you withdraw anything

Iino N.

Iino N.asked

Does it cost to transfer money from progress saver account to others?

pd_one

You lose the interest for that month. You should establish another progress saver account and transfer the remaining balance to this new account so you can earn interest on the remaining balance for the rest of the month. If you do not transfer to another progress saver you earn zero interest for the month

Beenju P.

Beenju P.asked

Can I deposit weekly? Or I should not make deposit more than one time a month to get paid interest?

ConsumerMan

My understanding is to obtain the monthly bonus interest you must deposit a minimum of $10 and make no withdrawal in that month. It’s all explained on the ANZ website.

Angela L.

Angela L.asked

Can a progress saver account be joined with cheque account. If so i can you withdraw from progress saver without a card.

M R S

M R Sasked

Probably a silly question but anz says deposit a min of $10 a month and only 1 transactions is allowed before incurring charges...

Does 1 transactions mean withdrawal and deposits? Or can I keep adding money throughout the month without charges?

Shing Y.
Shing Y.

You can keep adding money but only 1 free withdrawal

Andy H

Andy Hasked

I got a periodic payment nonpayment fee of 6 bucks as I forgot to pay the minimum 10 dollar for December. Then I got another one for January when I had enough money in my another account to pay. How do I solve this out?

cmleong

cmleongasked

Can I transfer money to another person progress saver account online?

ConsumerMan

Yes, the account has a “pay anyone” facility, but remember you will lose the bonus interest for any month inwhich you make a withdrawl

Uthpala Lakmalee
Uthpala Lakmalee

If you want to keep getting interest but do transactions as well try the ANZ online saver accounts.

chrisr

chrisrasked

Why cant i see my progressive saver account in the new anz app?

craftydi

Sorry but I do not know that one. Maybe call into an ANZ Bank branch and they will help you.

Faye E.

Faye E.asked

hi! is it a good idea to open an ANZ online saver account (for the 3 months bonus interest) then after 3 months transfer the money to Progress saver?

scottlogan202

scottlogan202asked

i want to transfer money from my anz progress saver but it keep saying account restricted. how can i make the transfer?

Call the bank

Bridgett B

Bridgett Basked

I want to receive a payment through paypal, is it possible to link paypal to my progress saver account and incur no fees? (I will not make purchases through the account and paypal, I'll simply receive money through it?)

craftydi

Yes.. all deposits are fee free .. you only get charged for debits to the account. Progress Saver is still classed as a Savings Account except you get the bonus interest hence why they charge fees for excess debit transactions.
Hope this helps.

Teresa

Teresaasked

Can I transfer money from my progress saver to another person account online?

Hi Teresa ....
Whilst I know you can transfer money through phone banking etc. to your own accounts [I have never tried to send to another person] you would probably need to confirm this with a branch maybe to verify ...... although in saying this, when you feed in the BSB and account number it doesn't recognise the persons name only the account numbers etc. so on that basis I would imagine that you can do that.
The idea of the Progress Saver account is not to use it as an everyday account as after the first withdrawal you will encounter fees for each withdrawal. This account is purely aimed at Savings for "the rainy" day!!.
Hope this helps a little.
Cheers
Di

Ethanolasked

How do I withdraw money from my progress saver?

Hi ..
You can withdraw by either phone banking transfer, ATM Card or in branch .... bearing in mind this account is meant to be a SAVINGS ACOUNT hence the charge on withdrawals after first one.
Hope this helps.

didnt help

Olivia

You can withdraw from any ATM or at the teller.

Your first withdrawal from the month is free, anymore after that during the same month, will have a fee incurred.

Sammee

Sammeeasked

Can money be transferred into a Progress Saver account from anybody’s account, for instance from a non ANZ bank account?

Smith

Smithasked

Can you get a temporary overdraft on your anz progress saver account?

craftydi

Simple answer is NO ..... this is a savings account only.

Tara

Taraasked

Why can’t I transfer money from my access advantage account? I can only transfer from my savings account

James R

James Rasked

HI am i able to link my progress saver access card to Paypal?

Hi James R ...
There would be nothing to stop you linking the Progress Saver to the Paypal setup ......except .....NOT A GOOD IDEA. This account is solely for the idea of saving either for a particular purpose or savings in general. Every time you would use this account for Paypal purchases you are going to incur a fee for withdrawals. The same way one can have the Progress Saver account linked to their Access Card or other like Visa etc....... but the fee structure is there as a deterrent to stop people using it as an everyday account.and you do not then get whatever the bonus interest is. All accounts at the moment unfortunately do not get very much interest if anything at all, so what little one gets with the bonus interest is better than nothing ..... linking to Paypal will not give you this as you will be using it all the time for withdrawals on every debit that goes through the account.
I would suggest an everyday type of account to link to Paypal ......then you will not incur fees of any sort.

Get an answer from our members and ANZ representatives