ANZ Term Deposit

ANZ Term Deposit

Impossible to get treasury term deposit rates for large amounts without visiting a branch

I rang for a 3month/6month term deposit rate for a large deposit. Some banks contact their treasury departments and give you a rate over the phone with a reference number (eg. NAB) or if you have a personal banker you can do this via email (eg.CBA)...
I rang the ANZ, the call centre was only able to give me the listed rates for smaller deposits, not the treasury rates, they said I had to ring the branch, ,The ANZ branch numbers are not listed, I was given the branch number and transferred by the call centre. I was forewarned that I will probably have to leave a message . I left two messages at one branch describing what I needed and as I had no response I left a message at another branch....I gave up waiting as I don't want to go through this process again in another 3/6 months.. Interestingly no one from the ANZ called me at all from any branch today, my understanding is that the treasury rate is valid for a day.. so how do I get a ANZ treasury rate if I am unable to physically go to a branch..

Looks like they missed out on my home loan today

They were too rigid. Would not match one the 4 major banks even though they had arranged evaluation and every thing

Terrible Service!

I have been an ANZ customer for 35 years. A few months ago I rang ANZ to ask about early termination charges on a term deposit and was told there would be a $30 admin charge if I withdrew the funds prior to term. I said fine and went ahead as I needed the cash for a property purchase. However, I then received a statement only to discover ANZ had charged me $30,000 in early termination charges! I was furious and contacted the bank who were rude and unhelpful. It culminated in a Financial Services Authority case in which the bank said they "lost" all records of those phone calls so I must be lying. I was shocked. However, I lost the case due to a lack of evidence. $30,000 down the drain because I trusted my bank. And to add insult to injury I recently phones ANZ to close all my ANZ accounts and was told they were closed on that call. However, someone made a mistake and they didn't close one of the accounts and are now telling me I owe them loads of charges on that account. What is wring with this bank! I have never complained about an organisation before but ANZ's customer service is diabolically bad. Avoid at all costs!

Quite Good

Competitive interest rate but watch when your TD is due to expire. Make sure you check the new interest rate offered. The interest rate offerred on the rollover was less when going to rollover twice in the last two years. There is however, room for negotiation and asking 'what is the best rate you can offer' even comparing it to other TD rates.

You have to ask. A better rate won't be offerred until you question why the new rollover rate is lower. Otherwise a good product and ANZ is pretty easy to deal with even with the bean counter inspired call centres which is common to all banks.

Good

I applied for the ANZ Term Deposit after I managed to save a reasonable amount of money to invest. Overall, the interest rates are reasonable and I am quite happy with it. However, I just cannot understand why the interest rate for keeping an amount between $5000-$24,999 for 4 months is 5% pa while keeping it for 5 months is only 2.5% pa. As far as I am concerned, the longer you keep the money in the term deposit, the rate should at least stay the same or increase slightly. Same thing applies for 6 months where the interest rate is 6% pa but for 7, 8 and 9 months it is only 2.5% pa again. Anyone who knows please enlighten me. But overall, that is not a problem for me because I always tend to invest my money for 4 or 6 months. Recommended if you have money just sitting around or money ready to be invested.
Quite competitive term deposit rates
Slightly confusing interest rates algorithm (to me)