Ark ArkPak

Ark ArkPak

620, 715 and 730

See the Best Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

not happy with ark pak

Purchased in June 2018 for $510.00.

Leighton T.

Leighton T.Mid West, WA

Poor product and no support

Purchased an Arkpak 730, worked fine the 1st time we used it. The next 2 times the 240V outlet would not work, kept making a beeping sound. Went through all the troubleshooting several times, still can't use 240V. Made for a frustrating camping trip not being able to power items. Rang Arkcorp twice for tech support, was promised to be called back and received no call. Understandably at this stage, very disappointed in the product and non existent support. Would no suggest this product.

Purchased in June 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $499.00.

DRB.

DRB.Hobart, TAS

Use lithium

Good unit. Runs ARB fridge 24/7 (home beer fridge) with lithium battery on 240v charge, away camping can get 4.5 days easy on just battery alone, add regulated solar keeps battery over 90% easily. Lithium LiFePO4 100AH battery used due to 14kg weight means I can lift it, AGM 120AH at 41kg is not really portable. No issues with system at all, good product.

Purchased in March 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $490.00.

Shane F.

Shane F.South East Queensland, QLD

Scam!!!!

My Ark Pak was great ( while it worked). Then I contacted Ark Corporation about getting it fixed and they charged me an extra $200 and everybody disappeared. NoArk. No money.

Purchased in January 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Mike

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

This product needs to be taken off the shelf!!

Purchased in April 2018.

Lynda

Lynda

Good product but took some understanding

Apart from replacement 240 volt charger price, it’s a great product. Took me a while to understand it. I leave it on the back floor of my car as it’s very heavy for arthritic elbows. I charge it from solar panels about one day a week while not using it. While camping it ran a small compressor fridge while laso charging phone etc. works well.

Purchased in January 2016.

piece of junk

first trip with arcpac 730 had it plugged in to charge while driving. Seemed to drain still while only running small Engle fridge. On return home tried charging on 240v, no success. Contacted Arc who said it must be a problem with battery. $400 dollars later for new battery on next trip, blown fuse in 12v charging cable. Replaced and blew fuse in car. Fridge still runs off pac but cant charge. also only one 12v outlet works. Will be binning and buying another brand

Purchased in February 2017.

Waz

WazCargo

What a waste of money and time

Had for under two years lost two fridge fulls of food it has been back twice for repair. Would not recommend to anyone as it doesn’t cost much more to put in a auxiliary battery .i can put in a fully charged battery it will tell me it is half charged and at times it will not charge and other times it will but only half charge battery and tell me it is fully changed have brought two batteries and does the same with both of them

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Reisender

ReisenderAlbury

What a waste of money. Not even old enough for landfill

Bought one three years ago, then on one of my trips, burning smell. I unplugged immediately but it was too late! Diagnosis after three month wait for repair on warranty: burnt motherboard. Finally got a replacement which I didn’t use as much. Then in July 2018 on a car trip to Townsville, blown fuse in car. I replaced fuse and again blown fuse. At home I plugged in battery pack to charge with 220V and noticed it wouldn’t charge. I’m guessing it’s not even worth it’s plastic for recycling. Stay away from it! I’m going to buy another one from their competition.

Update, just bought one from Protecta.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Lee

Leecairns

Waste of money

Over couple years got error open circuit. Next I check box and at 100per cent. Plug into car to maintain get to destination 0%. Today put on charge at 48% went onto boost for 2 hours then went back it's on 100 float cycle. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Had a kickass battery box 3 years no hassles whatsoever. Do not buy this power station.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Absolute cheap rubbish

One of the worst products I have had any thing to do with.
Fuses always loose no contact, had it returned for warranty work this took 2 months.
I would never recommend this unit to anyone bloody disgraceful I would hope somebody reads this review so they don’t waste good money on this product.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Embo8u

Embo8uAlbion park

Excellent product

I run 65l fridge with camp lights with solar panels on110amp battery had it 12months no issues never gets below 70% great unit stays in my car full time unless someone wants to borrow my fridge never had an issue best piece of gear I’ve bought for camping and long trips away

Date PurchasedMar 2017

240V cable failure

240V charging cable failed after approx 12 months. Seems to be a common problem. 12V still working but is a real pain as I would prefer to leave it on charge in the garage. Ark Pak people didn't seem to be very interested as it was out of warranty. Sent many messages via email to Arc Corp, with no reply from them.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Johnno

Johnno

Great unit until

I have had my Ark Pak 730 for about 12months was working fine I decided to leave battery charger on continually for around. a decided to take battery out of box for about a week when I put it back in it asked me the usual questions what type battery and all but while it was evaluating it comes up with error (open circuit ) I can't get it to stop what is wrong ???

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Look at a different option

Charged ok on 240v but popped the 10amp fuse in the lead every time I tried to charge in from the 12v socket trying to run a 60 litre engel fridge had auto sparky test my cars wiring and the fridge and couldn't fault it went back to the original arkpak with the 150w inverter works fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Jesse James

Jesse JamesAU

Worth the money if you understand the specifics of the product

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great concept but quality needs to improve

First unit wouldn’t charge. Lost the unit for 3 weeks to get it repaired by ArkPak. Unit not reliable in my experience; battery 100% one minute, low battery warning the next or unit doesn’t start at all. Intermittent performance, sometimes fine for days. I really like the concept but the quality of the unit needs improvement.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Great product

I’ve had my ark pak for around 2 years now and it’s been awesome. I use it to run my 60litre Engel as dual battery isn’t an option with me and it hasn’t missed a beat. I use a cheap 160w solar panel and it charges to 100% every day while running the fridge at 2 degrees. They are expensive but also worth the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Dave

Davestandrews

perfect camping item.

Best camping item I have ever purchased,plug in fridge,lights,charge all electronic gadgets.
Will last 5 days and still not to low.
Also will be using a solar blanket to top up.
Doesn't take up much space in the back and doesn't get hot and no noise.
Definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2016