Ark ArkPak

Ark ArkPak

620, 715 and 730

Poor product and no support

Purchased an Arkpak 730, worked fine the 1st time we used it. The next 2 times the 240V outlet would not work, kept making a beeping sound. Went through all the troubleshooting several times, still can't use 240V. Made for a frustrating camping trip not being able to power items. Rang Arkcorp twice for tech support, was promised to be called back and received no call. Understandably at this stage, very disappointed in the product and non existent support. Would no suggest this product.

Purchased in June 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $499.00.

Use lithium

Good unit. Runs ARB fridge 24/7 (home beer fridge) with lithium battery on 240v charge, away camping can get 4.5 days easy on just battery alone, add regulated solar keeps battery over 90% easily. Lithium LiFePO4 100AH battery used due to 14kg weight means I can lift it, AGM 120AH at 41kg is not really portable. No issues with system at all, good product.

Purchased in March 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $490.00.

Scam!!!!

My Ark Pak was great ( while it worked). Then I contacted Ark Corporation about getting it fixed and they charged me an extra $200 and everybody disappeared. NoArk. No money.

Purchased in January 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

This product needs to be taken off the shelf!!

ARK Corporation don’t care when it comes to selling faulty products. Their expensive unit is a waste of your money and gives BCF a bad name. There are issues with the fuse compartment they even have a procedure they will text you!! You are to pull the fuse out bend it and put back in, and then magic!!! It works. Battery will say you have 98% then next minute you have 0% Take fuse out! Put back in and it works!! They took a phone call from me on the 23rd August and fixed my unit. Now claim no fault at all!!! Because it doesn’t always do it. For such an expensive unit you should not have to take fuses in and out as their technician Brett said to do. He even said when they test it under warranty it may not stuff up! Then they send it back, call you a liar and say no fault go away. To shut me up have gave my money back on one box though still have the other to deal with. Two units and they both had same issues. They need to fix their products before selling to customers who work hard for what they have.

Purchased in April 2018.

Good product but took some understanding

Apart from replacement 240 volt charger price, it’s a great product. Took me a while to understand it. I leave it on the back floor of my car as it’s very heavy for arthritic elbows. I charge it from solar panels about one day a week while not using it. While camping it ran a small compressor fridge while laso charging phone etc. works well.

Purchased in January 2016.

piece of junk

first trip with arcpac 730 had it plugged in to charge while driving. Seemed to drain still while only running small Engle fridge. On return home tried charging on 240v, no success. Contacted Arc who said it must be a problem with battery. $400 dollars later for new battery on next trip, blown fuse in 12v charging cable. Replaced and blew fuse in car. Fridge still runs off pac but cant charge. also only one 12v outlet works. Will be binning and buying another brand

Purchased in February 2017.

What a waste of money and time

Had for under two years lost two fridge fulls of food it has been back twice for repair. Would not recommend to anyone as it doesn’t cost much more to put in a auxiliary battery .i can put in a fully charged battery it will tell me it is half charged and at times it will not charge and other times it will but only half charge battery and tell me it is fully changed have brought two batteries and does the same with both of them

Date PurchasedJan 2017

What a waste of money. Not even old enough for landfill

Bought one three years ago, then on one of my trips, burning smell. I unplugged immediately but it was too late! Diagnosis after three month wait for repair on warranty: burnt motherboard. Finally got a replacement which I didn’t use as much. Then in July 2018 on a car trip to Townsville, blown fuse in car. I replaced fuse and again blown fuse. At home I plugged in battery pack to charge with 220V and noticed it wouldn’t charge. I’m guessing it’s not even worth it’s plastic for recycling. Stay away from it! I’m going to buy another one from their competition.

Update, just bought one from Protecta.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Waste of money

Over couple years got error open circuit. Next I check box and at 100per cent. Plug into car to maintain get to destination 0%. Today put on charge at 48% went onto boost for 2 hours then went back it's on 100 float cycle. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Had a kickass battery box 3 years no hassles whatsoever. Do not buy this power station.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Absolute cheap rubbish

One of the worst products I have had any thing to do with.
Fuses always loose no contact, had it returned for warranty work this took 2 months.
I would never recommend this unit to anyone bloody disgraceful I would hope somebody reads this review so they don’t waste good money on this product.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent product

I run 65l fridge with camp lights with solar panels on110amp battery had it 12months no issues never gets below 70% great unit stays in my car full time unless someone wants to borrow my fridge never had an issue best piece of gear I’ve bought for camping and long trips away

Date PurchasedMar 2017

240V cable failure

240V charging cable failed after approx 12 months. Seems to be a common problem. 12V still working but is a real pain as I would prefer to leave it on charge in the garage. Ark Pak people didn't seem to be very interested as it was out of warranty. Sent many messages via email to Arc Corp, with no reply from them.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great unit until

I have had my Ark Pak 730 for about 12months was working fine I decided to leave battery charger on continually for around. a decided to take battery out of box for about a week when I put it back in it asked me the usual questions what type battery and all but while it was evaluating it comes up with error (open circuit ) I can't get it to stop what is wrong ???

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Look at a different option

Charged ok on 240v but popped the 10amp fuse in the lead every time I tried to charge in from the 12v socket trying to run a 60 litre engel fridge had auto sparky test my cars wiring and the fridge and couldn't fault it went back to the original arkpak with the 150w inverter works fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Worth the money if you understand the specifics of the product

The Arkpak 730 is a multi purpose unit with it’s price mainly due to the 7 stage battery charger - one of the best available.

It’s a system that requires some understanding - I’ve called ark Pak many times and learned a lot as a result. I feel a lot of the negative feedback is through a lack of understanding as to how the unit operates

1) Arkpak shouldn’t be judged on how how long a battery lasts because Arkpak doesn’t sell batteries.

2) Ark Pak are first to tell you that the battery charge indicator is unreliable, so there’s a setting to switch to a much more accurate voltage meter.

3) When first plugged in to mains power, it takes a a minute for the system to decide how long the charging process will be. Within that minute it fluctuates wildly so isn’t an accurate representation...

It’s not a perfect system - the inverter draws 6w to 8w when in use, the inverter is only 300w, the lack of an inbuilt solar charge controller is annoying. If you want to spend more $, “ goalzero” are the industry leaders but for the price, Arkpak is my preference.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great concept but quality needs to improve

First unit wouldn’t charge. Lost the unit for 3 weeks to get it repaired by ArkPak. Unit not reliable in my experience; battery 100% one minute, low battery warning the next or unit doesn’t start at all. Intermittent performance, sometimes fine for days. I really like the concept but the quality of the unit needs improvement.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Great product

I’ve had my ark pak for around 2 years now and it’s been awesome. I use it to run my 60litre Engel as dual battery isn’t an option with me and it hasn’t missed a beat. I use a cheap 160w solar panel and it charges to 100% every day while running the fridge at 2 degrees. They are expensive but also worth the money.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

perfect camping item.

Best camping item I have ever purchased,plug in fridge,lights,charge all electronic gadgets.
Will last 5 days and still not to low.
Also will be using a solar blanket to top up.
Doesn't take up much space in the back and doesn't get hot and no noise.
Definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Works great to run fridge and lights

Love the Ark PaK - my car doesn't have a duel battery and this was a great cost effective and transportable option. The PaK come in and out of my car to run lights, charge phones and run a fridge while camping.
I have recently bought a 160w solar panel which powers the battery on longer trips - love the screen that shows battery levels and power usage.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

My isolator switch doesn't work what could cause this to happen
Don’t know. Ring ark pal. I found them helpfulThanks ill try them

Hi I have the 730 and hooked up to a Anderson plug My question is when I stop to camp do I turn the isolater switch to off or do I leave it on I turned it off and my main battery went flat then I turned it on and my main battery then started the car . Or do I leave it on all the time . I am confused what’s to do . Then I hook solar panels to the box do I leave the isolater on as well ? I just want to know where and when I leave the isolater on and off can any one help Thanks
Hi Rodney, I have the 730 with a 135 AH battery hooked up to 2 x 40litre Engels that run 52 weeks a year. I always leave the isolator ON. I also turn the led screen OFF. I do turn it on every now and then just to check the battery life. I have 2 x 200w solar panels connected in series and this system works perfect. I ditched the small cable and solar controllers from the panels and upgraded to 6mm cable. My Victron mppt solar controller is mounted next to the ArcPak. My advise is to have a good mppt solar controller, this is the key to maintaining good battery life and only gives the battery the charge it requires. Cheers David

Why is the pck not giving me the power i need to pump up the matres when i need it to? Plenty of change in it. Been toped up via the solar. Keeps on blowing the 15 amp fuse. Nothing pledged in.