730, 715, 620
See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ark? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

TeriWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Don't buy this brand

Too many of us with the same problem.. we all purchased the ArkPak.. a very expensive piece of crap.. was stored ready to go camping so was never used.. only checked now and then for charge.. it has been repaired twice now, even though never used but still no better.. still a piece of crap.

Purchased for $599.00.

PETER

Had it for 5 years and very happy with performance.

Used extensively under all conditions with little problem. Developed an issue last month and Brett at Arkpak has been great in helping sort it. Still happy I chose the Arkpak.

Purchased in June 2013 at Autobarn for $499.00.

PauliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Arkpak 730 (P) 300w 240 volt pure sine + 135ah AGM battery

Bought this product along with a 135ah AGM battery as a package in March 2019 to use as a freezer as we travelled round Australia. We linked the Arkpak with a Kings 45l fridge/freezer, as we travelled we charged through the cigarette lighter/power port, we bought a splitter & had one go to the freezer the other to the battery pack, when camped we used a 250w solar panel. In the 10 months (33,000km) away including 2 weeks up the Gibb River Road we had no problems at all. We used the 240 volt to run clippers to cut hair (saving $25 every couple of weeks or so) we also used the 240v to run the lap top. This is not a cheap set up, but we could not fault the quality or function of this product.

Purchased in March 2019 for $910.00.

Ollie J.
Ollie J.

Good for $200!

I managed to score a second hand one for $200. For this price it is awesome value.
Works well.
BUT don't try and charge it through your cigarette socket on your car... you will blow things up lol.
It needs a direct cable to your battery.

UPDATE: Well that was a waste of money in the long run. It slowly stopped working - now is just an expensive battery box.

Purchased in March 2019 for $200.00.

phedus
phedusSouth East Queensland, QLD

P.O.S

I have exchanged this unit three times. Different batteries tried and faults constantly.

*"Do not depend on this product**

500 bucks down the drown.

Make yourself a battery box without the POS inverter and save yourself a few hundred bucks.

So very disappointed again.

Purchased in July 2019 at BCF Physical Store for $500.00.

Not Happy Camper
Not Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Happy Camper

Purchased an Arkpak 730. I believe the charger in the unit is not sufficient. My new battery went dead. Need to buy a new battery and a different charging system. Will not recommend or touch this product again. On return, the salesrep was not surprised to see another faulty Arkpak.

James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dont buy rubbish. Waste of my hard earned money.

POS. Kept coming up on display have you put a new battery in. Said no. Now will not switch on. Never buy. Waste of my hard earned money. Stay away from this box.
Cant contact arc for help.

kimberley w.
kimberley w.

real crap

only
lets you use 20 percent of power before cutting out, load of crap do not buy, real piece off crap, suppose
to cut out when down to 20 percent not a good buy really annoying as can not find receipt to take back to Anaconda got last year only started using it 2 months ago don't not go there

Purchased in September 2018 for $455.00.

not happy with ark pak

Purchased in June 2018 for $510.00.

Leighton T.
Leighton T.Mid West, WA

Poor product and no support

Purchased an Arkpak 730, worked fine the 1st time we used it. The next 2 times the 240V outlet would not work, kept making a beeping sound. Went through all the troubleshooting several times, still can't use 240V. Made for a frustrating camping trip not being able to power items. Rang Arkcorp twice for tech support, was promised to be called back and received no call. Understandably at this stage, very disappointed in the product and non existent support. Would no suggest this product.

Purchased in June 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $499.00.

DRB.
DRB.Hobart, TAS

Use lithium

Good unit. Runs ARB fridge 24/7 (home beer fridge) with lithium battery on 240v charge, away camping can get 4.5 days easy on just battery alone, add regulated solar keeps battery over 90% easily. Lithium LiFePO4 100AH battery used due to 14kg weight means I can lift it, AGM 120AH at 41kg is not really portable. No issues with system at all, good product.

Purchased in March 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $490.00.

Shane F.
Shane F.South East Queensland, QLD

Scam!!!!

My Ark Pak was great ( while it worked). Then I contacted Ark Corporation about getting it fixed and they charged me an extra $200 and everybody disappeared. NoArk. No money.

Purchased in January 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inverter issues

The Ark pack works fine using DC current but even when you turn the switch on to use the inverter in continually beeps... Voltage is fine but the inverter won't power a small light without beeping.... Seems reliable for DC current only... Disappointed with inverter set up

Purchased in October 2018 at BCF Physical Store for $600.00.

This product needs to be taken off the shelf!!

Purchased in April 2018.

Lynda
Lynda

Good product but took some understanding

Apart from replacement 240 volt charger price, it’s a great product. Took me a while to understand it. I leave it on the back floor of my car as it’s very heavy for arthritic elbows. I charge it from solar panels about one day a week while not using it. While camping it ran a small compressor fridge while laso charging phone etc. works well.

Purchased in January 2016.

Steph W.asked
ArkPak

Hi My battery is at 0 charge but when I try to charge via 240V through the Anderson Plug with the correct charger, it only charges on Boost for a few minutes before changing to Float Cycle and saying it's at 100% charge. When I unplug it though, it's still on 0% charge... Any ideas?

PETER

I had similar issues with multiple messages that seemed confuse the issue but in the end it was a dying battery. I managed to charge it using an external charger but it didn't hold the charge. I suggest getting your battery checked. Mine was 8 years old so yes, I am complaining but not too loudly. I hope this helps.

Steph W.

Thanks. After an hour of being plugged in I turned it off and tried again. It went into boost mode and is now at 98%. See where it's at tomorrow but this battery is only 12 months old so hopefully not dying...

Lisa
Lisaasked
Ark ArkPak 730

What does it mean when the lcd screen shows “alarm battery polarity”?

NC
NC

battery connected wrong way around

Kev casked
ArkPak

My ark pal has been idle for a couple of years, trying to charge using a battery charger, won’t go above 7.2 volts, comes up with low battery voltage, this has been for past 24 hours??

Pauli

take your battery & have it tested

Good idea thanks

Teri

Hi kev yes that's what mine did.. but super cheap sent it away for testing again (3rd time) and this time it's holding charge.. the original warranty ran out so the third time they sent it away expecting my to pay for postage and repairs.. but in the end I paid nothing because they found out it WAS faulty.. so keep taking it back.. mine was 24 months without taken it camping yet because it wouldn't fully charge and would loose, whatever charge it had left too fast..

Compare all 3 Ark ArkPak