Arlec Rechargeable Torch and Spotlight

Arlec Rechargeable Torch and Spotlight

See the Best Flashlights / Torches in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

absolute waste of money and not cheap either

arlec rechargeable spotlight rsl 1000 series 2
worked for about 5 minutes,went flat and wouldnt recharge
dont buy one unless you want to burn time and money
greatest piece of junk I have ever come across

Bones

BonesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Problem Sorted

Since writing review "Poor Battery Life" Bones August 7 2016 I purchased a Brand New 6V 4.0AH Razorback AGM Rechargeable battery 6volt 4ah Toy Electric* from Zap Industries Australia P/L www.razorbackdc.com.au for $16.00 including postage and Torch is now working perfectly :-)

WalterkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great when working but far too problematic with battery life.

Great when they are working. Battery life is very "iffy" however. Ours also only ever worked for about 20 to 30 minutes before going flat. We have had two of these units and the warnings about storage fully charged and recharged every two to three months thereafter are critical. Both of our units failed with little use probably because of this. Who stores a torch and remembers to re-charge every couple of months? They should be fitted with modern lithium or similar batteries and or replaceable lithium or similar made available. We would never buy another. Our second unit will recharge but goes flat again within a day or so in storage now.

Walterk

Have a look at comment by "Bones, Problem Sorted" Just what I was on about, a rechargeable has to be the way to go. That said, the battery is about the same cost as some other rechargeable spot lights I have seen at Bunnings!

Good Customer Service from Arlec

Like the other people who wrote about this torch, I was also pretty ticked off when after its very first charge my 2 yr old RT500 wouldn't work. I sent a message to Arlec explaining what had taken place, and as a good will gesture, they're going to send me a new one. Can't complain about that. Good Customer Service.

Disgusted! 5 purchased since February and 4 have been returned since. These don't hold their charge

Janice B.

Janice B.asked

where on the torch is the connection for the usb charger

Walterk

The torch I reviewed several years ago was not rechargeable by USB. It was supplied with a 12 volt purpose made charger. That charger was also not especially advanced; it had no indicator light or obvious auto cutout when the battery had reached its optimum charge. About as useless as the rest of the torch, certainly by current expectations. I would assume that it is obsolete now. Cared for meticulously, not over charged and re-charged regularly, used or not, it is serviceable but only for relatively short periods, maybe 15 to 20 minutes before the battery starts to run out.

William B.

William B.asked

I got an ARLEC AT0075 500 lumen utility light at Bunnings in Melboune and would like to buy another one?

Sheyasked

My ARLEC at0042 series 2 has just stop working. Any ideas why this might of happen & how I can fix it please

Walterk

That is a very open question!
Solutions vary from a failed globe through mechanical failure of switches, plugs, and internal wiring or charger to the battery no longer holding a charge. The sealed lead acid battery has to be routinely re-charged, it is the single most serious issue in my opinion, with this torch. The second is that the lamp draws a lot of current and generates a lot heat which is wasted energy.. Modern LED lamps dont draw any where near as much energy but cant be fitted to this torch without some considerable technical know how. This dated form of lamping draws relatively speaking, a lot of energy out of the battery so that its working life during use is relatively short and, if not promptly recharged after use, soon degrades the battery.

We have replaced the battery with a new one from a reputable specialist and now recharge routinely every five or six weeks used or not. We also dont use it for extended time , only for spotlight service. This has solved the battery failure issue but rendered the torch useless for anything more than around ten minute service. There is also no charging light so one has to guess when to remove from the charger. We do an overnight charge. Too long on the charger is also not good for the battery I believe. Also, there is no automatic cut out when fully charged. I dont know if all of this is of any help, but is the best I can offer.

Shey

Thank you. I got the problem solved.

Get an answer from our members and Arlec representatives

CategoryFlashlights / Torches