Arlec Rechargeable Torch and Spotlight

Arlec Rechargeable Torch and Spotlight

2.4

absolute waste of money and not cheap either

arlec rechargeable spotlight rsl 1000 series 2
worked for about 5 minutes,went flat and wouldnt recharge
dont buy one unless you want to burn time and money
greatest piece of junk I have ever come across

BonesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Problem Sorted

Since writing review "Poor Battery Life" Bones August 7 2016 I purchased a Brand New 6V 4.0AH Razorback AGM Rechargeable battery 6volt 4ah Toy Electric* from Zap Industries Australia P/L www.razorbackdc.com.au for $16.00 including postage and Torch is now working perfectly :-)

WalterkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great when working but far too problematic with battery life.

Great when they are working. Battery life is very "iffy" however. Ours also only ever worked for about 20 to 30 minutes before going flat. We have had two of these units and the warnings about storage fully charged and recharged every two to three months thereafter are critical. Both of our units failed with little use probably because of this. Who stores a torch and remembers to re-charge every couple of months? They should be fitted with modern lithium or similar batteries and or replaceable lithium or similar made available. We would never buy another. Our second unit will recharge but goes flat again within a day or so in storage now.

Walterk

Have a look at comment by "Bones, Problem Sorted" Just what I was on about, a rechargeable has to be the way to go. That said, the battery is about the same cost as some other rechargeable spot lights I have seen at Bunnings!

Flashlights / Torches

Find out how Arlec Rechargeable Torch and Spotlight compares to other Flashlights / Torches

Good Customer Service from Arlec

Like the other people who wrote about this torch, I was also pretty ticked off when after its very first charge my 2 yr old RT500 wouldn't work. I sent a message to Arlec explaining what had taken place, and as a good will gesture, they're going to send me a new one. Can't complain about that. Good Customer Service.

Disgusted! 5 purchased since February and 4 have been returned since. These don't hold their charge

Matthew L.

Matthew L.asked

Whst volt and amp Is the charger

9V DC 400mA
ARLEC part WJA-Y41090400D

Walterk

Assuming you are referring to the RT500, 9 volt DC 400ma.

Dr. Raghavan U.

Dr. Raghavan U.asked

I have purchased
Arlec rechargable 150 lumen led head torch. I read in 2016 review that rechargable baterries dont last. How is it now. Is it worth keeping?. How is the effectiveness of the battery. I need god white light both indoor and outdoor while working. I can still return it.

Dear Dr Raghavan,
My comments about the Arlec torch referred quite specifically to a now legacy model which was factory supplied with a rechargeable lead acid battery. The supplied battery that I received in two of those torches was not in any way satisfactory, that outcome made worse by the torch having a very powerful but power hungry halogen lamp. The output was excellent but only for a very short duration, at best around 30 minutes and the battery service life was very short tho regular charging after each use helped.
The torch to which you refer I am unfamiliar with tho the type are now very common. One can pay heavily for a good LED head torch tho I have managed to find one which in my view was a gift. Its life span with rechargeable batteries has been excellent and the light output superb. I suggest that your best option is to see if you can get a consensus of opinion via an internet search for several reviews of the particular head torch to which you refer. My very cheap head torch has removable rechargeable batteries and I opt for the best type available.

Jan C.

Jan C.asked

Can I buy a rechargeable AT0042 battery?

Walterk

I don't know. The following reply some time ago to similar question may help.
2 years ago