Arlec WM534

Arlec WM534

See the Best Flashlights / Torches in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Marshall

MarshallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A good product but too expensive for the imperfections

I've had it for nearly a year and use it regularly and have found that it's actually quite a good torch. It feels solid. Nothing has fallen off. It throws a good white beam.

However, it's quite expensive for a torch so I had high expectations and it doesn't meet them.

The on/off switch has a secondary function of dimming if touched lightly which is a bit off-putting since it is easy to trigger unexpectedly.

The three (and I did re-check) batteries that come with it are carbon based with a limited life. At the price point I expected alkalines at least.

If it had been cheaper I would have given it 5 stars and ignored the quirks. At the actual price I expected something closer to perfect hence 3 stars.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

The Expeditor

The ExpeditorNortheast, VIC

Torch is dead after a few years

Torch has four batteries which are not restrained, whose weight will damage circuit board if you accidentally drop it. Push button on off switch is temperamental with rubber insert which holds parts in place disintegrated. I would expect a torch like this to last at least five years of hard work, but instead I'm taking it back to Bunnings to see if they will either refund or exchange it for something more rugged. Overall a poor effort by Arlec in the design department. Have they got school kids now working there?