Arnott's Vita-Weat

Arnott's Vita-Weat

Maria

MariaSydney, NSW

Shrinkage

As a longtime lover of this biscuit my family will no longer purchase. Arnotts have chosen to shrink size of biscuit but continue to charge same price. Time to find alternative!

Purchased at Woolworths.

Mr Wonderful

Mr Wonderful

Here we go again some genius ruined a great product !

The last time I wrote a review was for Pecks paste great texture great taste for years now it’s tasteless pink slop,some one has done the same with vita wheat these products have been around for decades, why do they keep changing a winning formula and product just save a few cents, vita weat has changed the texture and the taste, I haven’t bought Pecks paste for 2 years now, I have been buying sesame seed vita weat for years, I had to buy the knock off one from the German store during the panic buying, this new vita taste exactly the same coincidence I don’t know Please explain do they won’t Less Sales ?

Rosie71

Rosie71AU

Almost perfect, a little on the expensive side.

These are the best crackers for Vegemite by a country mile. No nasty ingredients. My only complaints are that they have become brittle and the corners are regularly chipping off and they're a little pricey, even on special. Otherwise they would rate 7 out of 5.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$3.40.

Susan

Susan

Salt salt salt why?

Too salty previous recipe which must have had less salt.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$3.29.

Nothing like they use to be!

I use to love these crackers but was so disappointed after having just bought them tonight. They are saturated with salt on the top! I like salt, but not that much. I miss the grains that use to be what I could taste before. I will have to find another brand now.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$3.50.

Disappointing substitute.

Much smaller, tasteless, lacks the crispness & texture of the 'ORIGINAL' . Fail to see how it can be labelled Original. Remember how the butter and vegemite used to ooze through the holes when squeezed together.
Come on Arnott's, give us back what we used to have! Purchased through Woolworths. No mention of the changes on the packaging. What was the packing size on the ORIGINAL "ORIGINAL"

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths Online store for A$3.30.

poodlegirl

poodlegirlAU

Horrible imitation of the original

This biscuit used to be super crisp, strong enough to hold fillings or to be spread with butter or peanut butter. This new recipe tastes bland reminding me somewhat of cardboard, has an awful texture and breaks easily - often even as I remove them from the packet. I will be looking for a more palatable alternative.

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles.

john

johnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

not an original

vita wheat were first made by peak freans at ashfield in sydney which arnotts brought in 1970s. they were larger thicker and had a different texture and appearance how ever the taste is a reasonable copy but to call them original is an untruth

Purchased in March 2020 at woolworths for A$3.60.

Over packaged, under-sized

A full 4 cm of space between end of cardboard packet and start of biscuits. Plus, package wider than biscuits by about half a centimetre. Wasteful AND misleading.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for A$3.60.

Michele

MicheleNorth Queensland, QLD

Being Ripped Off

I purchased a packet of Vita Wheats on the weekend and was shocked when I opened the packet to find they are now so much thinner. I may as well eat the cardboard packet because I am pretty sure it was thicker. What is the go Arnott's? Another product we are being ripped off of.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles.

Helen C.

Helen C.Perth, WA

Disappointed

I purchased a pkt Arnotts Original.
Product has changed. They are thinner. Eating The cardboard box would be tastier.
They are exactly the same as a cheaper brand I purchased recently.
I contacted "Arnotts" explaining my concern.
No change in product.
I will not buy them again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Noel Alexander

Noel AlexanderNorthern Region, NSW

Disappointed

Always have loved vita wheats but now either broken an to small

Purchased in October 2019.

Gail

GailCentral West, NSW

Disappointed

I have eaten and loved Vita Weat biscuits for as long as l can remember, it was disappointing when the Vegemite wouldn't "worm through" the hole now todays biscuit is either broken in the box or shatters when l try to butter or spread something on them. Very disappointing

Purchased in August 2019 at Ashcroft's IGA Orange NSW.

ZFA

ZFA

Excellent for breakfast

I love these and have 4 of them for breakfast with tuna, egg and salad. It is quite filling and has a very nice taste. They're great as a snack too with some dip.

Purchased in July 2019.

Scammers

Like other reviewers here I'm a Arnotts Vita Weat long term patron (was). In the early days, we'd sit around with butter and vegemite squeezing the black and white goo thru the little holes. Holes have gone now. They are shorter in length and taste like cardboard. And, fewer crackers per pack. Like many multi national companies screwing the consumer and changing the product is the only place left to squeeze the profit. NO announcement. NO discussion. No integrity. NO holes, except maybe in theit annual report. Treating us like fools and hope we dont notice. Well, Arnotts will join the list of brands I no longer purchase.

Purchased in May 2019.

Ms S

Ms SSydney, NSW

Never eat again

I've been eating Vita Weats for 40 years what have you done, Iam taking back to woollies all boxs in my pantry never buy again .please can you bring back old Vita Weat hard to live without them.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Mona Vale.

Not all they’re cracked up to be

This is the packet of ‘chips’ we ended up with. Not worth the money - even when they are half price. Should be advertised as chip crumbs not chip crackers. Very disappointing.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for A$3.00.

De A.

De A.Tasmania

Hate the changes will not be buying any again

I have been a fan of the multigrain vita weats since they first came on the market. WTH Have Arnots done to these they are revolting. These pieces of thin flavourless pieces of very hard card are not worth a cent! As I didn't want to eat the I tried them as a dog biscuit...they did not like them either! No holes either? I will not be buying any vita weat again another Arnots biscuit I know longer buy

Purchased in March 2019.

Ms P

Ms PIllawarra, NSW

What the hey!!

I have been a vita weat devotee for at least six decades and that entitles me to express my absolute disgust at what Arnotts have decided is a great way to bump up the profits.

Keep the price up but put between 6 and 8 crackers less in the pkt. The first time I saw this thought it was a factory error but no, the two subsequent pkts exactly the same.

Shabby, mean and showing no respect for their consumers' intelligence.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$3.58.

So disappointed.

Vita Wheat 9 grains are a staple on my shopping list. My last purchase was so DISAPPOINTING. Something has changed in the recipe and they are so different + this change is definitely not an improvement to the original recipe. Tastes like sawdust.