AstralPool Viron XT Variable Speed Pump

2.0

1 review

PeterBrisbane

OK Pump - but terrible support

Purchased in January 2016 at Astralpool Australia.

AstralPool
Fluidra AustraliaAstralPool
Peter

So it seems that again like other customers experience published on this web site I too have been played for a fool. I took their message reaching out to me at face value, only to once again be left hanging out to dry. So now off to court we go...

Mjamme

Mjammeasked

Hi I have a Viron XT that we purchased in 2018. Last year we had to have it fixed under warrantee. They replaced the bearings in it. Its making the same noise again and its under 12months since it was last fixed. Has anyone else had this problem. I am going to call the pool man who repaired it last time. I just think this is pretty bad considering its only 2 years old?

Smiffy
Smiffy

We have the same pump and our pump started getting noisy 3 months out of warranty.

I’ve tried calling Astral twice and not been able to speak to anyone. First time I got dropped into a queue with a wait time of 45mins, 40mins later my wait time was still 45mins. Exactly the same happened the second time. Called, 35min wait time advised and 20mins in, 35mins wait time remaining.

Tried finding an email address, couldn’t find one. Found an online form which I completed but I’ve had no response. My local pool shop guy said the service from Astral is terrible and they refuse to sell their products because of this. He also said the Viron XT is one of the hardest units to fix. So after spending $8k on Astral products, after 3 years I could be looking at replacing not only the pump but also the automated Chlorinator that links to it.
What a joke!
We all want to support Aussie companies but when you get service and quality like this, it’s hard to justify. I cannot shell out thousands of dollars on new pool equipment every 2/3yrs supporting Aussie companies when product quality is substandard, longevity is questionable and after sales service is nonexistent. These pumps are meant to be top of the range and they are not cheap to buy!

Get an answer from our members and AstralPool representatives