Australian Stock Report

Australian Stock Report

Not the product I was looking for

The staff could not have been more helpful, however, this is not the product I was wanting. I was walked through the process, but did not understand that the main focus was on international share markets, which were not on my agenda

Usability tester

Usability testerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent platform

I have been using Macrovue since April 2020 with very good results from my own research and choice of stocks. About six months ago I started getting advice from Logan Harrison Wong who showed me how to really work my portfolio, to be dispassionate about making decisions and to take profits when stocks are high. He gives me a heads up when things change quickly and I would be happy to recommend Logan to anyone wanting to balance and build their portfolio with Australian and international stocks.

Tracy.

Tracy.North Queensland, QLD

Great experience.

Joel Hicks and his team have been brilliant, with professional advice and the macrovue system has been easy to navigate. Updates informative and information accessible. My advisors have been in regular contact.

Lesley Rolands

Lesley RolandsSydney, NSW

Best platform i have used for overseas investing!

I joined a few months ago with Australian Stock Report and took advantage of their Macrovue platform. I have had nothing but great service. They were prompt with setting up my account and gave me great information about the market in the US. Since investing in January, I am already up 32% overall. Extremely satisfied.

Kiro

KiroGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pushy and Rude

I received a call from one of them and the guy on the phone try to sell me a product, very pushy and insisted me to look at their HALO product. After I kept telling I'm not interested (I was being polite as well) and he just hung up on me. I was with them previously because I got mislead into it. Their product hardly deliver and expensive.

Joanne

JoanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

ASR, Halo and a great team, especially Logan

I have really enjoyed working closely with Logan and indirectly the rest of the ASR team these past 7 months. Working with Logan to invest my funds has been both fun and rewarding. He brings intellect and humility in equal doses and you know he taps into the collective knowledge of the whole team when putting forward recommendations. The results speak for themselves. Great to work with someone who truly cares.

Lisa G

Lisa GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Goal Achieved

Logan Harrison Wong has been my advisor for just over 6 months and the goals we set, have not only been attained, they have been exceeded. I am therefore very happy to write this review and give Logan 5 Stars.
I look forward to his buy recommendations, and most have seen significant gains.
Logan clearly explains all trades and is not only professional, he is also enthusiastic which tends to indicate he enjoys his work.

Lynn T

Lynn TSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very good!!

Joel has been very helpful, friendly, friendly but not pushy-very refreshing! All buy recommendations i have acted on are doing well in the 10 weeks i have been a member!

AusssieSmithy

AusssieSmithyAU

ASR Halo and Macroview

Alex M

Alex MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It is good to work with trusted professionals

pmcgilvray

pmcgilvrayFar North Queensland, QLD

Should of joined with Logan Wong and ASR years ago

I have only been with Logan a few months
his knowledge, attitude, plan and explanation of what he wants to do are brilliant.
we have finalized a few buy and sells and I am 100% happy
only regrets I made to small steps to begin with.

Competent

My advisor for Australian Stock Report's "Macrovue" (Phillip Aries) has given advice that has led to profitable positions. Moreover he listens, gives reasons for his recommendations and is not pushy. Robert.

JayelSydney, NSW

Initial issues have been resolved with a team of professional people interested in making sure that their clients achieve the best from the HALO system. Training, tech support, advice and follow up service has been great. This is a good system with new version making an even better user experience. I am very pleased with the response to earlier issues and look forward to using HALO to its full extent in my trading decisions. Particular thanks to the HALO service manager, Gareth, Jason and Brendan.

The most useful investment tool.

I carry out research 8 - 10 times a week. The information provided is comprehensive and very useful. Justin Ishac, my advisor, is in regular contact and has put me into some good trades.

UselessHalo

UselessHalo

Better value elsewhere

Hardly any new recommendations. Charts are totally inadequate and lots of very important indicators missing Useless for serious investors/trader
No proper glossary
void of definition or how to use guide for hakey shakey

Find out how Australian Stock Report compares to other Financial Services

Difficult platform - very pushy misleading salesman - useless to me

JeffGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

High Pressure selling tactics

I was a little interested in this service, attended a few webinars and did not expect the high pressure to sign up to their newsletters. A good service should sell itself. The guy was relentless and I eventually had to hang up- he just wouldn't listen. This really made me question their ethics.

DonnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Promise the world, deliver little

Had to go to Motley Fool to get what I needed. Feel I have been ripped off. I paid 2yrs subscription then was forgotten about. I want a refund please. Have requested 3 times for a call back from an advisor. No call back. Have been doing well on my own thanks to Motley Fool. But Australian Stock Report has been terrible.

Aaron F.

Aaron F.Northeast, VIC

excellent platform!!! transformed my investing potential

Doug Blunden

Doug BlundenSydney, NSW

Revisiting my subscription to ASRW.

Have been working with Mark Redmond, who has most pleasantly and helpfully fascilitated my workings with HALO. He has been most approachable. That encouraged me to delve further into what ASRW has to offer. His videos enabled me to understand HALO. He recommended Tom Armstrong to me.
Tom has been very helpful in rebuilding our portfolio. I appreciate his clear analysis and advice. He gives me "as it really is" advice and is sensitive to my thoughts at the same time, exactly what I need..
Both gentlemen are unfailingly courteous and ready to assist in whatever way they can.
Until now I had never met either gentlemen.
Doug Blunden.

Cleide P.asked

Is anyone using ASR short term SMS messages of stock to buy/sell?

Jayel

Do you mean the PATS messages?

Cleide P.

I dont know to be honest. It is a membership where ASR will SMS stock to buy/sell for short term trading.

Hi Jayel
yes, i looked in their website and it is called PATS
do you use it? would you recommed?

Mareeasked

How are they performing with MACROVUE please?

Donna

It seems like a great product. More so for buying and selling of international stocks. I have stuck with Comsec. Too much to take in as a new investor in stocks. I will most likely become a Macrovue user. For now, I am less overwhelmed dealing in the ASX.

Maree

Tdhank you Donna, I too have a Comsec account.

Rock chic
Rock chic

Hi Donna
How does Commsecs fees compare for international trades

David Bryars

David Bryarsasked

I was persuaded to try Australian Stock Report on the 2nd Sept. I was looking for a good Portfolio recording management etc facility. The Salesman on the phone was extremely pleasant but very keen to sell me a 'package', he eventually got the better of me by offering a discount (on a thought were exceptionally high fees). I only gave in to try the product when he offered in writing a 60 day money back guarantee.
I have 'tried' the Hala portfolio recording etc part of the offering - nothing special I find - and I have no wish to use any of the other facilities offered.
I have now tried unsuccessfully to take advantage of the money back guarantee but I am not sure how to find the best person in the company to go to to claim my money back.
The original salesman is not interested in answering any emails.
What do you recommend I do? Please.
Regards
[name, contact details and email address removed]

Jeff

found this guy on LinkedIn -Michael Murphy. Sales and operations manager. Might be worth a try
linkedin.com/in/michael-murphy-0816a426

Donna

They come up with strong sell packages. I eventually purchased a two year package in May 2020 for Halo, webinars and their Pats service. I was promised a call from an Advisor during the sale and given a 2 wk money back guarantee. I tried several times to speak with an Advisor with no success. I still have not spoken to an Advisor nor had my phone calls returned. The only calls I receive are marketing calls to upsell on products and services I haven't got. I get these calls from a salesperson offering huge discounts ( an approach taken exactly like their first sale to me), after speaking to their 'Manager'. These calls come immediately after I sit in on one of their weekly Webinars.
I tell them the same msg. I am yet to find value in what I have, why would I spend more?
One person I have had great help from was one of the Salespeople, Simon from their Melbourne office last month. He helped me understand Halo more and how to take advantage of their Pats. And useful info in Macrovue. He also gave me his direct number if I had any other problems even tho, I didn't take up the extra services.
There is so much to learn when investing in stocks for the first time. I have done a lot of reading and worked my way finally all around CBAs commsec which I find useful. I'm getting there, but still feel I jumped too early with that first sale from ASR. DM

Jayel

I too have subscribed for a long period. After the initial flurry of calls, then nothing. No answering of emails or phone calls and all I wanted to know was if there were any training materials for Halo. There is, very basic, home made and not a lot of useful instruction beyond what you can work out for yourself. I recently had some success with contact by joining a webinar and typing my claims of lack of service, set and forget approach, and not worth the money into the webinar questions. I quickly got a phone call and some service. Bomb their webinars is my tip.

See all Australian Stock Report questions