Australian Stock Report

Australian Stock Report

See the Best Financial Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This is what I require

My requirements are very simple: I want to know what to buy and when to sell. ASR has this in simple form. I didn't want all the technical hype as I don't want to spend too much time on the PC. I was given education and help is there when I need it.

Leo

LeoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great help for the “Do it yourself” investor.

Support good, information good. Investing for ones self can be very lonely with all the emotions involved so to gain confidence we need good information, good information and more good information.
We need that slight edge which AFR’s Helo can supply to research stocks. I use it in conjunction with simplywall.st and a charting program app Netdania.
This is not a tipping service but the bottom line, with work, Helo can help to give you that slight edge.
Enjoy Leo

Stephen

StephenFar North Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I joined the Australian Stock Report for 1 year. They promised me great advice and excellent service. I received poor advice with half the shares going up a little and the other half going down. They said to call us anytime which I did many times only to have the phone ring out. When I finally got through to them they said they were restructuring. I did not review my subscription.
What they promise is nothing like what they deliver. Save your money. Go elsewhere.

Extremely happy with the service

I have been a member of the Australian Stock Report and Macrovue services for some 6 months and have to say how happy I am with the level of customer service and support that I have received from the team. They have been attentive, patient and extremely supportive and follow up any queries I have. I cannot fault the level of service I have received. The Halo and Macrovue tools are great to use as a resource to initially research stocks and review your portfolio on an ongoing basis. Overall I have absolutely no regrets having made the commitment to the services and use them now as my go to tools for investing purposes.

Oscar Gottfried

Oscar GottfriedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I had only excellent experiences

I dealt 2 years with one of their senior advisers and am very happy with them. for quite a few years I am
an "Amateur"investor and 2 years ago I found out that I was one. The excellent advice, careful looking after my portfolio, ringing me when something needs to be adjusted was what I was looking for
This is voluntary, unsolicited review.

Oscar Gottfried, Melbourne

Fantastic Results and Communication

With the markets being so unpredictable over the past 12 months I have sought out many different financial services. I've been wary of using any financial services lately but with Australian Stock Report I’ve achieved results I could only dream of by myself. I love the way their HALO program showcases high level data in such an easy to read way and my adviser is always just a phone call away if I need any help

bea D

bea DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Offering me 33% return!

Somehow I got onto their mailing list and got almost daily calls from salesman who said my 10% return which I’m achieving now was okay but not good. Offered me 33% return if I sign up. Haven’t signed up.

Alex R

Alex RSydney, NSW

Spammy

I don't know how I got on their list, but I have tried to unsubscribe multiple times.

Now, somehow I've been invited to a webinar, and am receiving multiple SMS reminders to attend from different numbers, so that I can't block them. There is no opt out link in the SMS, so it seems that I have no way of stopping them.

These are not legitimate marketing practices, and therefore I have concerns about their practices in general. Spam is just an annoying thing, but it's still not a great indication. I certainly wouldn't let them anywhere near money.

ColinM

ColinMDevonport

Avoid them

Grace

GraceSydney, NSW

Ripped off

I signed up for a trial of the HALO product and found it to be severely lacking when compared to other similar products, as a result i asked for a refund and was given a severe run around, not until i threatened them with ASIC did i get my money back.. avoid at all costs.

MichaelThompson'41

MichaelThompson'41Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

reliable and easy to follow

Iv been with the Australian stock report since August last year and so far my portfolio is UP over 15%. I can't recommend these guys enough. To compared this to what I was getting from my financial adviser (who was charging me $8000 a year!) that saw my portfolio increase by 9% last financial year. I know it has not yet been a full year but I am very impressed with the results so far. Not many recommendations but that suit me just fine as I am not an overly active trader.

Andrea

AndreaSouthwest, VIC

Very hard to get your money back after the Trial

I signed up for the Halo software and two newsletters and was told I could get my money back if I didn't want to continue.

When I I decided it was not useful to me, I asked for my money back in the cooling off period. Multiple calls and emails resulted in the following run-around:
"they wouldn't refund to credit card", "said they only refund on a Thursday", "said the guy who handles refunds has moved jobs" etc. Each time, I was shunted through the switchboard, and no one ever called back or emailed.
Finally got the Australian Financial Complaints Authority involved and my money was returned the next day.
Based on my experience, I wouldn't recommend them.

magicrobot

magicrobot

Waste of money - they can't pick a stock to save themselves

High pressure salesmen don't leave you alone until you sign. Paid $2500 and started doing dummy trades with their stock picks. Using around $100k base, first period would have lost $7000, the next was about $3000 loss, the last period I stopped tracking when it had lost a few thousand. I've had one stock tip sms in the last 2 or 3 months
Run a mile