ALDI Bauhn Full HD TV

• Sound Quality
Pedro

PedroSouthern and Hills, SA

Limited functions

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI for A$315.00.

Kylie

KylieSydney, NSW

Keeps flicking over to dvd function

I bought a 2010 model Aldi bauhn 32’ tele with inbuilt DVD players for about as long as the warranty which was one year it was perfect until it started changing mid show. I was watching over to the dvd so I had to flick it back to television With the remote it started happening about 14 months after I bought it. I put up with it as I couldn’t afford to buy another but I don’t recommend them at all.

Purchased in March 2010 at ALDI.

Chris K.

Chris K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent value for money.

What an awesome TV at an awesome price of $299 from Aldi stores. This TV is a Smart TV with many easy to use internet functions. I wanted a bigger Smart TV but this was all I could afford and I don't regret it at all. Great HD picture quality, always watching Netflix on it and great to watch HD TV channels on as well. This is easily as good as more expensive TV's. I would recommend it. I have pruchased other TV's (3) from Aldi several years ago and not one of them had any faults so I expect this one will be just as good being it's the same brand.

Purchased in March 2020 at Reynella for A$299.00.

angryashell

angryashellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor warranty customer care

70 inch Bauhn TV lost picture after 2 years and company refuses to accept Consumer Protection Act in Victoria stating that their warranty is over the law. A REALLY POOR view of paying customers

Purchased in January 2018 for A$1,600.00.

Hayley M.

Hayley M.

Tv goes black after the time purchased... unacceptable

Black picture need to click on n off to see picture. Tv goes black after the time purchased... unacceptable not worth the purchase as I am buying a newer smart tv with more option .

Purchased in July 2018 at ALDI for A$600.00.

Vicki C

Vicki CGoulburn Valley, VIC

Fixed our Bauhn 55" TV.

We have been having problems turning on our TV with the remove control, still has sound. The capacitors were bulging so we replaced them with new ones on the power board. It improved the start up slightly but would not start up using the remote. When searching Google, I found on the Bauhn web page a software update to fix a couple of problems so we installed the update and it has fixed our start up problem (http://www.bauhn.com.au/55inch-uhd-tv-software-update.html). The picture quality seems clearer so highly recommend everybody do the update even if you don't have a start up problem. Our TV is better than ever.

Purchased at ALDI for A$600.00.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

extremely disappointing TV made by Tempo for Aldi called Bauhn

the screen started to shadow then blacked out totally
Told it was 'reasonable' after 3 years for it to fail given the price
would you buy if told this in advance.
Aldi claim it is made to highest industry standards,never had such a problem EVER with sony,samsung,lg,who i would say are industry standard
So if they dont tell you up front that this will only last 2-3 years ,is this an offence under consumer law - its certainly misleading
Basically buy another brand at any price

Purchased in November 2015 at ALDI.

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sound problems

Right from first turning this Bauhn tv on the sound quality was so poor it makes you want to turn it off. We have read instructions and tweaked the sound, turn up the high bass etc as sound is so high it scretches but doesnt make much of a difference. If we keep the sound low it is possible to make out what people are talking about, turn it up and its a jumbled mess of high pitched sound,yuk. Thought a soundbar might help but reviews says it doesnt, ah so frustrated. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Daniel P.

Daniel P.Hunter Region, NSW

Works ok when its on. Takes forever to turn on.

This Tv is sound in picture quality and sound when it works but takes ages to turn on.
From the time the tv is turned on or the source is switched, the tv can take up to 3 minutes to turn on.
Ok for a sound tv on a budget if you are prepared to be patient with it.

BERRAK C.

BERRAK C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Value . Good Pricing and Average Features but does its job

We picked up a Bauhn 60 inch LED TV , It comes with 3 HDMI ports . Doesnt have a Smart TV option which would have been ideal to be standard offering . We use an Apple tv hence it doesnt bother us much. The Tv doesn't have all the bells and whistles but just bare bone features to get you through. The Remote is average and needs improvement. Wouldnt take some angles. But for $600 we can't ask for more. Sound quality needs improvement

Purchased in November 2018 at ALDI for A$599.00.

Patti C

Patti CSpringbrook

Can’t get my DVD out!

What a piece of crap from Aldi! Don’t buy this tv and waste $500! I played a DVD for the first time and now I can’t get the DVD out! There are no instructions in the manual or on the remote! Also, this TV has crap sound so we had to hook up mobile phone speakers to it! Absolute rubbish and shame on you Aldi for selling it!

Purchased in December 2018.

Jesse L.

Jesse L.South East Queensland, QLD

This is not a quality product!

Purchased in December 2012 for A$550.00.

Kaz

KazGippsland, VIC

It’s horrible I’m so frustrated

It’s not allowing me to set a show
It goes to snow
Then reset the whole thing back to factory settings
That didn’t work tonight and I have no tv
Going back to Aldi tomorrow

Purchased in April 2019 at Aldi for A$500.00.

Kees

KeesIllawarra, NSW

Great picture and a good price

Great picture with easy remote control
Wireless connection works very easy to use and enough HDMI ports to connect amplifier and blue ray player.Simply good value for what it cost to buy

Purchased in March 2016 for A$599.00.

13tower0

13tower0Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great tv

Not a smart tv, but for the price great value.
Large clear screen,
Plenty of ports, easy to use 2nd basic remote so you do away with the big remote.
Would buy another if needed.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$600.00.

Graeme

GraemeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bauhn 55” 4K tv ALDI

I have had no trouble with this TV . It’s quality is actually very good , has 4 HDMI connections works very well with chromecast ultra. Blacks are not as good as the much higher priced Samsung or Sony but, for $599 it is brilliant .

Purchased in August 2017 at ALDI.

Bon J.

Bon J.Sydney, NSW

Not too bad

Was late postage and was in a shape of dead pixels. Not the most happy but im now ok with the fact that it discontinued and no one will buy it.

Purchased in February 2018 at ALDI.

Shocked

ShockedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Biggest TV ever.

Light as a feather. But B I G. Had to buy a new thingie to put it on as the old TV sat on a smaller piece of furniture. Still trying to get used to it, but the footie is excellent. Go Broncos.

Purchased in June 2019.

Ron.P

Ron.PGoulburn Valley, VIC

Good for the price

I purchased at Aldi in June for $299 and to date have had no problems and am quite satisfied with picture and sound. I am having problems after connecting a DVD player and cannot get any further nothing come up on screen for playing DVD's

Purchased in June 2019.

40inch tv with builtin soundbar

Picture and sound were so good l tried to buy one with 50 or 55inch screen asked aldi if they were coming out and was told the are not sure if or when ,so l and some other friends are waiting till they do as will be well worth it

Purchased in June 2019 for A$299.00.