ALDI Bauhn Full HD TV

• Software
  • Picture Quality
Monique

MoniqueSouth East Queensland, QLD

No picture. Black screen.

When I switched on tv, there is no picture. After trying a few times the picture came back on but when I switched off tv and turned it back on the next day there is just a black screen.

Purchased at Aldi Sunnybank.

Steve S.

Steve S.Sydney, NSW

same probe as everyone else. Now only use screencast. Tiny 4k, xxtra small looks better on larger screen.

No physical buttons. Netflix constantly crash even though connected to WiFi. Menu for software update which cannot update. Similar to a X girlfriends. It started great but 6 months later your searching for an upgraded model because you finally see its flaws.

Purchased in October 2020 at ALDI for $299.00.

aus.prendiville

aus.prendivillePerth, WA

This is perfect for a family needing a new tv

complete with Google certified voice capability and an Android TV OS, that actually scales the picture properly delivers a smooth ribbon management system for the content including Netflix and content from

Fftsx

Fftsx

Two big limitations too many

Purchased in January 2021 for $329.00.

Danny Dan Dan

Danny Dan DanSydney, NSW

Not so smart!

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI for $329.00.

craig

craigWestern Australia

poor build

bought tv 9 months ago first thing i noticed was the picture quality very very poor not 4k then i moved the tv i put very little pressure on the screen and it caused a lot of damage to the screen .
the screen is not glass it is plastic which moves when you touch it where my other is 32 inch smart tv is glass and made by a bigger name brand

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $444.00.

Cex

CexMelbourne

Screen repair or other things that can help

Just want to ask if this brand’s tv screen is repairable? Bought my tv from aldi yesterday then my toddler accidentally handled one of the speaker wires so you get the picture.. it fell on one of the toys and obviously cracked the screen. Gutted. Can’t claim it on insurance because it’s basically the same price as the excess. Still waiting for the warranty team if they can help me get it repaired even if I pay extra. But would love to know if anyone in Melbourne can get it repaired so I can move on with my life not thinking about the money I just lost.. and I’m glad my toddler wasn’t hurt and all. But still. Only had the tv on for 5hrs then it broke. :’(

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for $579.00.

Do Not Buy

Do Not Buy!!!! this company is a joke! its not worth the discount! TV broke with in 9 months and the company has been absolutely terrible, we have warranty on it for 12 months, i emailed them for a refund they said no we will take it assess it and let you know. i asked them to confirm my refund before i provided my details they said they cant do that then they send send a repairman to my house that we have to pay for to fix the TV,
i contacted them as they had lied to me about the process and they changed there story and procedure. time to take legal action.

Purchased at ALDI.

Pedro

PedroSouthern and Hills, SA

Limited functions

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI for $315.00.

Kylie

KylieSydney, NSW

Keeps flicking over to dvd function

I bought a 2010 model Aldi bauhn 32’ tele with inbuilt DVD players for about as long as the warranty which was one year it was perfect until it started changing mid show. I was watching over to the dvd so I had to flick it back to television With the remote it started happening about 14 months after I bought it. I put up with it as I couldn’t afford to buy another but I don’t recommend them at all.

Purchased in March 2010 at ALDI.

Chris K.

Chris K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent value for money.

What an awesome TV at an awesome price of $299 from Aldi stores. This TV is a Smart TV with many easy to use internet functions. I wanted a bigger Smart TV but this was all I could afford and I don't regret it at all. Great HD picture quality, always watching Netflix on it and great to watch HD TV channels on as well. This is easily as good as more expensive TV's. I would recommend it. I have pruchased other TV's (3) from Aldi several years ago and not one of them had any faults so I expect this one will be just as good being it's the same brand.

Purchased in March 2020 at Reynella for $299.00.

angryashell

angryashellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor warranty customer care

70 inch Bauhn TV lost picture after 2 years and company refuses to accept Consumer Protection Act in Victoria stating that their warranty is over the law. A REALLY POOR view of paying customers

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,600.00.

Hayley M.

Hayley M.

Tv goes black after the time purchased... unacceptable

Black picture need to click on n off to see picture. Tv goes black after the time purchased... unacceptable not worth the purchase as I am buying a newer smart tv with more option .

Purchased in July 2018 at ALDI for $600.00.

Vicki C

Vicki CGoulburn Valley, VIC

Fixed our Bauhn 55" TV.

We have been having problems turning on our TV with the remove control, still has sound. The capacitors were bulging so we replaced them with new ones on the power board. It improved the start up slightly but would not start up using the remote. When searching Google, I found on the Bauhn web page a software update to fix a couple of problems so we installed the update and it has fixed our start up problem (http://www.bauhn.com.au/55inch-uhd-tv-software-update.html). The picture quality seems clearer so highly recommend everybody do the update even if you don't have a start up problem. Our TV is better than ever.

Purchased at ALDI for $600.00.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

extremely disappointing TV made by Tempo for Aldi called Bauhn

the screen started to shadow then blacked out totally
Told it was 'reasonable' after 3 years for it to fail given the price
would you buy if told this in advance.
Aldi claim it is made to highest industry standards,never had such a problem EVER with sony,samsung,lg,who i would say are industry standard
So if they dont tell you up front that this will only last 2-3 years ,is this an offence under consumer law - its certainly misleading
Basically buy another brand at any price

Purchased in November 2015 at ALDI.

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sound problems

Right from first turning this Bauhn tv on the sound quality was so poor it makes you want to turn it off. We have read instructions and tweaked the sound, turn up the high bass etc as sound is so high it scretches but doesnt make much of a difference. If we keep the sound low it is possible to make out what people are talking about, turn it up and its a jumbled mess of high pitched sound,yuk. Thought a soundbar might help but reviews says it doesnt, ah so frustrated. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Daniel P.

Daniel P.Hunter Region, NSW

Works ok when its on. Takes forever to turn on.

This Tv is sound in picture quality and sound when it works but takes ages to turn on.
From the time the tv is turned on or the source is switched, the tv can take up to 3 minutes to turn on.
Ok for a sound tv on a budget if you are prepared to be patient with it.

BERRAK C.

BERRAK C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Value . Good Pricing and Average Features but does its job

We picked up a Bauhn 60 inch LED TV , It comes with 3 HDMI ports . Doesnt have a Smart TV option which would have been ideal to be standard offering . We use an Apple tv hence it doesnt bother us much. The Tv doesn't have all the bells and whistles but just bare bone features to get you through. The Remote is average and needs improvement. Wouldnt take some angles. But for $600 we can't ask for more. Sound quality needs improvement

Purchased in November 2018 at ALDI for $599.00.

Patti C

Patti CSpringbrook

Can’t get my DVD out!

What a piece of crap from Aldi! Don’t buy this tv and waste $500! I played a DVD for the first time and now I can’t get the DVD out! There are no instructions in the manual or on the remote! Also, this TV has crap sound so we had to hook up mobile phone speakers to it! Absolute rubbish and shame on you Aldi for selling it!

Purchased in December 2018.

Jesse L.

Jesse L.South East Queensland, QLD

This is not a quality product!

Purchased in December 2012 for $550.00.