17Black & Decker Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

Black & Decker Dustbuster Cyclonic Action Questions & Answers

Danny F.
Danny F. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DV1810ELXE

Hi, my Black & Decker Cyclonic DV1810EL-XE has been fantastic since 2014. Yesterday I did a fair bit of dustbusting, then it stopped working, so I put it on the charger as I have done many times previously. The charging light flashed on and off continuously, but when it stopped flashing and I pushed the switch to the on position, nothing happened. I have tried another power point, but no luck. When I placed it back on the charger, the light is on, not flashing. I then tried leaving it of the charger to see if I put it back on, the light would flash again, but it hasn't and still won't start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Danny.

Jane V. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

Just bought a b and d vac BHFEV182C
THE charger has no indication lights at all??? Is this faulty?

DavidN

Jane, I am afraid your question isn't about the vacuum model that I have or this the review was written for. Best thing to do is to read the manual. A quick look at that reveals on page 8 pasted below. All the best.

The white LED (3) on the vacuum will flash indicating thatuthe battery is being charged.The LED sections increase as the battery is charged -uwhen fully charged the LEDS go out. The pack is fullycharged and may be used at this time or left on thecharger.

Thankyou

Graeme M. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DVJ320J

How long should this dustbuster 21.6 Wh unit supposed to fully recharge from a "flat battery " condition ?

DavidN

According to Black & Decker, it takes 5 hours to charge which is a long time especially given how short (15mins) one charge last for. It is definitely meant for spot vacuum and to be returned to charger for topping up after each use.

Graeme M. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

How long is the unit supposed to take to fully charge from a "flat" condition ?

M Beer
M Beer

Takes hours. And the maximum run time is only 15 minutes before you have to charge again.

Graeme M.

Why is this the case ?...as I would have thought that with the lithium battery it would have taken a lot shorter time than quite a few hours ?..so, is it the nature of this product ?

DavidN

The charger / power adapter only provides 400mA current. That is why it takes long to charge. While it is not a fair comparison, as examples, I use 3A to charge my little Li-ion batteries for my little drone. But I won't dare trying to replace the power adapter with a bigger one in case it overheats / ruins the battery or internal circuit or wiring.

sue l.
sue l. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

Can you vaacume up soot with this vaacume?

DavidN

Difficult question. Does it have a HEPA filter? If so then you could. Here is a article about cleaning up soot. Soot can be very corrosive so do wash away all the soot after if you do.

Patricia W.
Patricia W. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

How is the power source on this vacuum?

Rahmat A. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

After performing few minutes, unit stop functioning, and whenever put on charger all three led lights flashing and battery not charging.. why? what wrong?

Kathleen K.
Kathleen K.

Having the same problem

Graydogs
Graydogs

Same

TedL
TedL · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

I have a Dustbuster 16v Lithium. After it charges, it runs strong for about a minute, then suddenly stops, and the blue charge light starts flashing. Are the batteries bad?

Rahmat A.

why there was no answer for this question?

Elsie
Elsie · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

How to clean

Valmae T. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DVJ320J

l just bought the hand held vac( DVJ320J) today, and plugged it in to charge, is it normal for the red light to continue flashing? and should it stop flashing once it has charged? thanks, hope l get an answer

Valmae T.

Can l just ask, does anyone ever receive a reply to questions?

GCE

The red light is supposed to blink while it is charging. (I understand it takes 5 hours to fully charge - which is ALOT!!) When it stops blinking, it's fully charged and then there is no light. You will see a green light when the "boost" function is used (i.e. pressing the "Go" button twice).

BALRAJ S.
BALRAJ S. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DVJ320J

Only a few months old. While charging the full charge green light does not come up. Instead the red light blinks for some time and stops. Don't know if there is a problem

GCE

I do not believe there is a problem, the light is supposed to blink while it is charging. (I understand it takes 5 hours to fully charge - which is ALOT!!) When it stops blinking, it's fully charged and then there is no light. The only time I see a green light is when use the "boost" function (press the "Go" button twice).

Sabrina
Sabrina

GCE - if you look at the manual, there's various types of blinking indicators for the light. A slow steady red light means it is charging, like you say, and then it'll go green. This is how mine operates. However, I bought my mum the same vacuum and hers is blinking rapidly and does not charge. This is the issue that the majority of the people on here seem to be having so maybe instead of saying 'I do not think there is a problem', try and actually troubleshoot.

Mike G.
Mike G. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DVJ325BFS

Hi it wont switch on ,plus charge light flashing only with filter light together,wont switch on! Any ideas?thanks

Eva
Eva · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

Can you please tell me the difference between these two black & decker model numbers, is one more powerful than the other? HHV1320JR02 & DVJ320JCR-XE

Neilo
Neilo · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DV1810ELXE

My DV1810EL-XE is charged but when switched on it only runs for a second. I can repetitively switch it on but the same result each time which indicates the battery is ok. Something must be shutting it down. Any idea what is the problem? Neil

Bob · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action

What to do if my 1 year old Lithium hand held-vacuum no longer charges?

SMARTTECH. Worked very well until it suddenly quit.

Web-site and manual not very helpful!

Maggie
Maggie

Maybe it’s the charger. Did it come with a 2yr warranty like mine did? Maybe you can take it back to the place you purchased it from?

Bob

How ia one to know that? My heater is in storage and out of reach

Joe E
Joe E · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DVJ315J

Why it doesn’t charge?

Susan Regan
Susan Regan

??? It does.

Delma
Delma · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DV7210

I'm not happy, I have a Black & Decker 7.2V Dustbuster® Hand Vac - DV7210-XE, for about 3 years now & has worked fine , now for about a couple of weeks it has run down very quickly, can only get about a minute before it goes flat , I'm disappointed that this has happened , can the battery be replaced ?

Black & Decker   DM

Hi Delma, thank you for your question. This particular model contains a Nimh battery that holds a memory in the cells, in which can result in a shortened battery life over time. As we do not stock or sell spare batteries for these products, unfortunately it cannot be replaced.

If you could send an email to Auorders@sbdinc.com with your contact details, the team can look into what we can do to help resolve this issue.

Thanks B+D

Maggie M. · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DV1810ELXE

My unit was working perfectly as I was cleaning the stairs when it suddenly ceased working. It was fully charged at the time. It is less than 2 years old and I can't remember where I bought it and I can't find the receipt. Any advice would be appreciated? Maggie.

Black & Decker   DM

Hi Maggie, we're sorry to hear that your Dustbuster suddenly ceased working. Please do contact our Service Centre on 1800 654 155, and we will do our best to assist you with resolving the issue.

Thanks B+D

Maggie M.

Thank you B +D. I appreciate your reply. On further searching I was able to find my receipt and took the DustBuster back to 'The Good Guys' and they supplied me with a new one. I'm hoping this one will last longer than the previous one. Kind regards, Maggie.

gregbeazley
gregbeazley · Dustbuster Cyclonic Action DV1810ELXE

Does it work well sucking up wet spills?

J Smith
J Smith

Sorry, never used it on wet and if my memory serves me correctly I think it isn't meant for wet, only dry.

Black & Decker   DM

Hi, this particular model is not designed to clean wet spills. We do however have a Wet and Dry Dustbuster® available, which can be viewed on our website. Thank you B+D

Get an answer from our members and Black & Decker representatives

Select a listing for your question
Black & Decker Dustbuster Cyclonic Action